• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm a hate filled monster when playing Battlefield. But I only say it to myself and not in chat/headphones

"play the fucking objective!"

"give me ammo you useless prick!"

;)

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did they buy the game just to sit in chat and whine about it?

boycottmw2.jpg

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Played 50 hours and had one person who was talking some really bad stuff, but everybody else talked back to him and he eventually shut up.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This is mostly an NA servers thing, i had pretty much the same chat comments while playing in Americas servers in OW, EU is not good either, but Americas is worse.

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a bit of that but I'm on euro servers so there is less republican/trump/climate change stuff. Still get the idiots crying about political correctness from time to time in the text chat though it's mostly raging at Dice over minor bugs or crying about hackers.

Counterstrike back in the day is still the worst I can remember by quite some distance. Less political but just straight out abusive and toxic constantly in every round.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next big popular shooter needs to be about taking these clowns to town.

No, Far Cry 5 doesn't count.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
I play on xbox and PC.Only had one situation about it on PC and just pressed H to hide the chat.

If about voip I never had that problem on Xbox or PC.

mrpookles

Oct 29, 2017
Battlefield 1 was rough at times for this. Chat littered with usually two or three very vocal alt-right, hyper conservative, and at times straight up white supremacy shitbags endlessly ranting about how the SJW agenda has forced blacks/women/whoever-isn't-white-European in the game, EA is a garbage SJW publisher with obsessive microtransactions, DICE is a shit cuck developer and Battlefield is terrible and has never been good since Battlefield 2, game is broken, full of hackers, yadda yadda. Then you'll see via their profile they have an enormous playtime.

I noticed this, too. I was playing on Aussie servers so it was our flavour of alt-right, but still the same shit.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The next big popular shooter needs to be about taking these clowns to town.

No, Far Cry 5 doesn't count.
Siege already did that with their word filter and ban penalties, too bad it was futile because racists got creative and even manage to bait other people to get banned. IIRC Ubisoft took out the filter in the last update.

Oct 26, 2017
In my experience that's just the usual BF PC experience. Text Chat is always filled with racists, Holocaust deniers, neo Nazis and nothing ever happens to them either.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Can't say that I've seen something like that during the 60h I played the game. Most of the time no one uses the chat except for typing gg after a round. Sometimes people give others tips like that you can now duck as a tank gunner or that they're calling a V1 now and to get ready to rush B once it hits.

I was actually surprised the chat has been so tame and even helpful compared to other online games. (EU servers)

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this surprising? Trump got 46% of the vote. Brexit got 52%. Even the French had a pretty sizeable population vote for the racist nutjob. So when a game takes an openly political stance by telling sexist snowflakes to fuck off, it becomes a target of this really sad anti woman, anti immigrant and angry 50% of the population.

CoD and halo used to be full of racist 12 year olds. Overwatch has a pretty toxic though apolitical community. I bet if they made a single comment by gender diversity, you would see the same backlash in overwatch.

50% of us are racist and sexist. Just look at the other forum and Reddit openly defending a wife beating twitch streamer with zero moderation.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird I've put in like 40 hours on PC and people never really use chat until the end of the match to type "gg" or things like "EZ" or to tell their own team how much they suck or are useless.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Well as someone who is playing MP games from central Europe, I have hardly ever heard someone talking. This is from my experience with X360, PS4 and X1. I don't play on PC so I don't know, how is it there.

Euan_1981

Apr 23, 2018
Worst I've had recently was being called a 'camping pussy' after wiping a squd in blackout. I reported him to Psn and action was taken. I think they were annoyed I did it with a spitfire! The EU server theory rings true, not as much shared language so people don't bother. I remember the early days of halo 2 being pretty bad.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I have to say I didn't notice chat in BfV being more toxic than usual in other games. I usually hide the chat completely if something like that goes on, but I haven't had to do it very often in BfV. Maybe just lucky? (PC on EU servers).

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's most likely that you haven't seen
A huge number of the crazies didn't buy it though and the sales prove it. The fact that a huge number who bought it are still those people shows what a massive percentage of the Battlefield fanbase share those views.
or maybe all those people complaining about those issues and talking about boycotting the game were not able to stop their impulses and bought the game.

gamers in general are not that great when it comes to stop themselves from buying the latest toy..that's how the industry got as bad as it is now with dlc, microtransactions and all the other stuff..they realizd that no matter how low they go, there are still a lot of people ready to shrug it off and buy..even if a month later they were calling for a boycott

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BFV have the least chat in any FPS game I have ever seen, there is barely any talking in chat, pc.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, just goes to show how weak all of those complainers are. They couldn't put their money where there mouth is and not buy the game they hated so much?

Whivh platform seems worst?

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If turning off the chat isn't sticking, is there a quick and easy way to flag that as a bug? That's what I'd do if the option is there.

I mostly play multiplayer stuff on XB1X so I don't see text chat, thank goodness, but I still hear the occasional bigoted rant (when I bother to leave general voice chat on, that is). That being said, I tend to hear more...weird shit, like a guy pretending (I assume?) to speak in tongues, and what I can only assume was a woman getting off while playing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have chat off on 1X. Outside of orders and the kill feed, I don't need anything else.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It's pretty bad. I got a direct message from someone calling me a liberal welfare baby, all because I am level 50 and destroyed their team. He then continued on to say I am a disgrace to this country. I am used to getting hate mail, comes with the territory of being good, but this is on another level.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
it's most likely that you haven't seen

or maybe all those people complaining about those issues and talking about boycotting the game were not able to stop their impulses and bought the game.

gamers in general are not that great when it comes to stop themselves from buying the latest toy..that's how the industry got as bad as it is now with dlc, microtransactions and all the other stuff..they realizd that no matter how low they go, there are still a lot of people ready to shrug it off and buy..even if a month later they were calling for a boycott
But the sales show many did. Also how many waited for it to go half price on sale? Even that hurts EA because they only get half the revenue they normally would.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
XB1X....only do party chat. It's great.

I did get a voice message once from some git whinging about our squad stuffing around. Was hilarious.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I've played A LOT of BFV on PC, and I've seen little hate chat

but everytime I do, I talk shit and troll them right back for being such losers

🔥

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
50% of us are racist and sexist. Just look at the other forum and Reddit openly defending a wife beating twitch streamer with zero moderation.

I think that is the sad truth that makes discussion of "toxic gaming communities" (or any sub community really) pretty useless. It's not because of something unique to that specific sub community. People just fucking suck in general. This is magnified by the fact that stupid people have significantly less qualms about speaking their simple ass minds.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how they would react to a response on the lines of "Keep your politics out of my videogame".

Because I am sure that they are the same people that keep saying that whenever anything progressive is brought into the question.