• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not to put too fine a point on it, but both of your responses in this thread appear to have that slant to it. Asking me this when you know it would apply to literally every response you've made (even if unintentionally) tells me you're likely being cute about it. If not for that, I would have just as easily assumed it was a miscommunication.
This is it? Lol.

Sound more like a desperate attempt on your side to shield EA from criticism.
EA is not a nice or ethical company worth supporting just because they include women in a WW2 game.

This seems more like a deflection from their otherwise terrible business practices (and no being a business or wanting to make money is no excuse whatsoever for what they do).

"Hey guys our loot boxes may make children addicted to gambling but look! We have women in our videogames, aren't we progressive? We are the good guys afterall, you just got to support us!"

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
that is one hell of a discount...............but not new to EA games. They do this with some other titles as well like NBA.

But Battlefield doing it must mean there was some insane sale shortages

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I think DICE is going to struggle going forwards. They've obviously been having trouble hitting deadlines for years, and it's only going to get tougher with increased competition for talent in the region. There's Epic which opened in Stockholm in May, plus Soderlund has a startup and he's surely luring people he knows at DICE over to it, plus all the usual other places. There are probably a lot of people at DICE bored or burned out doing basically the same thing for so long, and here are other studios likely offering exciting fresh work for higher pay.

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like EA are getting a bit desperate...

BF5 must be selling terribly for them to offer such a deep discount already!

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didn't get the offer the first time, had to quit and relaunch for it to show up.

i *almost* jumped on the Target deal but man i just can't stand disks, especially for online multiplayer games.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus this sucks that you have to install bf1 to get this deal. Why couldn't we just buy from the store?? Taking forever to download 😭

Feb 10, 2018
By making BF5 some what stylistic, they have lost a lot of battlefields identify. It also seemed like what Devs do to combat franchise fatigue but in BF5s case it's not the departure customers wanted.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Any word on the same deal happening on PS4 and PC?

I'd assume the chances are very good. Several retailers had physical copies at $30-40 last week, so I don't think it's particularly restrictive. They totally flubbed the launch in terms of needing that pricing drop, and they've burned early adopters in a way that'll likely be caustic to their next launch. I know it was out of necessity, but they really poisoned the well on this one.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Damn!, so glad i held off on getting this, people who bought it already must be super pissed!!

Got it from the Turkish marketplace for like £18.....bargain!!!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Didn't realize Best Buy had PC copies (that usual "code in an empty box" situation). Might jump in for $40.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Wow, just grabbed for 35€ instead of 70€ here in Italy.

That means it really bombed hard compared to estimates, but I couldn't resist now.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, EA should definitely have used their time machine to leap ahead in the future to head off a rape accusation against the cover star AFTER the game had already launched.

The accusation was known before + they removed Ronaldo from their website directly after the accusation (and internal documents where Ronaldo admitted to doing exactly what he's accused of) came out, only to then put him back a few days later.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't seem like you can get the in-game discount and gift the game to somebody. Disappointing, but I might just get them anyways.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I think they''re looking for any option to discount BFV without actually dropping the msrp. Don't see myself trying the game until Firestorm.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I've been loving this game. I don't mind paying full price, becuase I've been having a blast for a few weeks now.

Hopefully this gets more people to pick it up. It's a great game.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
BF4 was as low as $25 on Black Friday and BF3 was as low as $28, both a month after launch.

Physical copies? Its one thing between physical stock that may need to be cleared and digital sales. Regardless, this is a bad look for EA. Anyone who brought at $60 (or above) will surely feel burned and refrain the next game EA releases.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty salty I purchased this for 60$ digitally and to see it discounted like this puts a pretty bad taste in my mouth buying digital from the like of EA and UBIsoft moving forward. When a member from the dice staff who posts on this forum says there's no plans for a digital sale and I trust them and purchase the game at 60$ It makes me pretty pissed.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty salty I purchased this for 60$ digitally and to see it discounted like this puts a pretty bad taste in my mouth buying digital from the like of EA and UBIsoft moving forward. When a member from the dice staff who posts on this forum says there's no plans for a digital sale and I trust them and purchase the game at 60$ It makes me pretty pissed.

They probably had no idea this would happen.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
By making BF5 some what stylistic, they have lost a lot of battlefields identify. It also seemed like what Devs do to combat franchise fatigue but in BF5s case it's not the departure customers wanted.

This feels more like Battlefield than Battlefield 1 did. By a country mile, IMO.

Game started incredibly poorly in sales

I will say though the huge price drops are working. Game has been putting up much better numbers

That's good, as the game is pretty tremendous (MP wise).

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to wait until Firestorm dropped, but since I was expecting it to be $30 by then anyhow, I might was well jump on this now

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Don't know about 4, but in 1 it's definitely there. About to order it myself digitally.

It worked for me once BF4 did an update after starting up the game. The UI was just sitting there not filled in and it finally updated and had to restart. The sale appeared as soon as I logged in again. Deluxe only on PSN but standard and deluxe options on Xbox.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it better than BF1 at least? BF1 have me stuck on die - respawn loop worse than any BF game. Maybe I just suck now though lol