• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Aaaand bought. Came very close to pulling the trigger on the $30 physical version at Target earlier but I really wanted it digitally. Score!

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Sony needs to get in on this so PSN members can take advantage of this price reduction, the "deal" going so long isn't a sale it's a realization that the game isn't worth $60($80 in Canada).

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Bought. Normally I would wait a bit longer for BF to get another couple months of polish but this was too good to pass.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
i dont really think its worth it. To be honest it doesn't really feel like battlefield anymore. if you ever wondered what cod was like at 32 or 64 players this is it. I feel empty playing this game. That clunky battlefield feeling is gone.I It makes me annoyed they tried catering to the cod crowd. Also forget any of these crybabies saying it doesn't feel like ww2. Its ww2 for sure. it's just not a good game. its pretty weak. the maps are pretty dull and the progression system is underwhelming. It's not surprising this game is already half off or whatever it's a mediocre game at best.

I was telling a friend this feels like the medal of honor game those guys put out a while back that killed the series. It's just completely out of touch with the audience. I read a while back that a bunch of guys who made the original battlefields left to other studios but it wouldn't surprise me cause bf1 and bfv dont feel like battlefield games. these dudes even took out the infinite parachute. the glory days of battlefield are over. it's just a high budget generic pile of garbage now.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Sony needs to get in on this so PSN members can take advantage of this price reduction, the "deal" going so long isn't a sale it's a realization that the game isn't worth $60($80 in Canada).
Yup, I'm a bit tempted to go for the 50%(?)off on the Deluxe version that's offered through BF1

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Wow, that's pretty nuts (and fast).

Wasn't Battlefield 1 just free with gold? So lots of people would own it and be able to take part in this. I'm just going to borrow it from the library to beat the campaign, because Battlefield multiplayer is too big and involved for me. I prefer smaller, more contained shooters.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Wow, that's pretty nuts (and fast).

Wasn't Battlefield 1 just free with gold? So lots of people would own it and be able to take part in this. I'm just going to borrow it from the library to beat the campaign, because Battlefield multiplayer is too big and involved for me. I prefer smaller, more contained shooters.
Yes

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, RDR2 might be enjoying more than what it already deserves. F76 and B5 both shit the bed hard. Less competitors to worry about.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The bloody game was only just discounted over the weekend in the Christmas sales by 37%. Now it's 50% off only a couple days later. Playstation won't refund the difference neither. Bunch of thieves.

Oct 25, 2017
Zero interest in this game and I bought the last two mainline games. BF just seems stale now. I don't like historic war settings for competitive SHOOTERS either.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
That is a great deal. 30 bucks and you are in for the whole ride without worrying about missing out on dlc in the future.

The game is actually pretty good. I like it a lot more then BF1.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The game is 41€ today vs 71€ normal price during the Gamestop Christmas sale, both PS4 and One.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man this game must have done badly.

It's kinda fascinating how bad a lot of games are selling the last 2 months. That has to go into the history books, cause that kinda feels like a little new videogame crash already.
No matter if it's Hitman 2, Fallout 76, Darksiders 3 or BFV. All extremely discounted after a few days and weeks, with some games like Hitman 2 and Darksiders 3, even before they even got released!
Crazy.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm really tempted to grab it. I have I think $10 in Xbox Live Cards, so it would be $20. Tempting for sure.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I guess getting the sales and numbers with the price cuts would be more beneficial right now, if they want people there for the long tail revenue. Hope they'll also start to offer it on the PS4 version later on. I'd imagine they would also want to make a marketing push during the launch of the Firestorm BR mode.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest it doesn't really feel like battlefield anymore. if you ever wondered what cod was like at 32 or 64 players this is it. I feel empty playing this game. That clunky battlefield feeling is gone.I It makes me annoyed they tried catering to the cod crowd.

How does it feel like Call of Duty? I've been playing a lot of Black Ops 4 and BF1 recently and both of these games feel pretty different. How has BFV changed from BF1 control or "feel" wise that it's CoDified?

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Never buy $60 digital games.

Never.

Normally I don't buy digital games but in this case we recently got a second PS4 in the house so the missus and I can play together. It was cheaper buying the game digitally than two retail copies. We bought it over the weekend during the Christmas sale where it was discounted by 37% which was better than nothing but to have it drop even further to 50% off within only a couple of days was a low blow.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. I bought it this morning shortly after you posted this thread and I've had a lot of fun with it. Maybe more fun than any MP shooter I've played since Halo 5.

Oct 30, 2017
My friends bought this physically day one and I didn't, because of this. I'd jump in but guess what, they haven't played it since that day.

Plus I don't wanna download 80gb and then another entire game. It'll probably be at this price normally when the BR mode drops.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Jumped at it! Glad i held off from my usual impulse launch day purchase.

I've always enjoyed the WW2 setting and I hope that the MP game play has the legs to be a good game over the long run.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Buying/pre-ordering $60 games day 1, especially ones that release during the holiday season, is literally throwing money away at this point. Don't do it.
Yeah, feels crummy. I mean, I wish the games would stay where they were for at least 6 months before really going on sale. I maybe only pick up 2 games a year at launch, everything else, I wait for at least a 30-50% price drop for the other 8-10 games I buy. It wouldn't be so bad to knock 5 bucks off during that 6 or so months, but half or 25% price drop is kind of nuts within 2 or so weeks of launch.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Are people down on this release for any particular reason? I'm out of the loop but picked it up for PC on a black friday deal for $30, and it's been pretty fun so far.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
My bad , it just seems like they pump out a game annually if you count battlefront does that work

Battlefront > Battlefield 1 > Battlefront II > Battlefield V works as a yearly release cadence. Separate teams within DICE, with help of an external team on Battlefront's single-player.

The mainline proper DICE team still only does Battlefield. Base on how thin BFV is on content, it feels like DICE needs 3 years between releases though, not two.