• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Courtesy of Reddit.

If you launch Battlefield 1 or Battlefield 4, you get this splash screen that says you can get 50 percent off the deluxe version until Dec. 20.

cj1y7793lc221.png

Some reddit users say that it works for the standard edition too

UVXtEZm.jpg

edit: A reddit user claims they contacted support and they said it was a Microsoft only offer.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
You also had the Physical version for $29.99 last week at Target, exactly 1 week after release
How badly did this game do?!?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I may get it on Friday then.

How's the solo stuff? I know it's similar in nature to BF1, but is it good? Also, since multiplayer content is free, does progression feel grindy, and do they push you towards microtransactions?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Buy this folks, it's the best in the series since Bad Company 2 and it's a great way to support DICE and their inclusivity.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
You also had the Physical version for $29.99 last week at Target, exactly 1 week after release
Really badly don't you remember the 80% drop of sales compared to black op 4 threads? But regardless this game is pretty fucking good.

OP
OP
Coolduderedux

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017

It's still $40 at Best Buy too. With GCU it comes out to a little over $30. I almost pulled the trigger then, but I wanted to wait for the digital version to go on sale. Glad I waited.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a mechanically excellent game, easily the best Battlefield at launch this generation (fixed and DLC'd Battlefield 4 is probably better). It's a bit light on content but at 30$ you literally can not go wrong if you like multiplayer shooters, 'cause it's really, really fun. EA seems to be doing these deals more and more lately, it's how I picked up FIFA 19 for like 40% off shortly after launch. I wonder how the sales for BFV are looking but I have to think they are lower than expectations given how many places are already doing heavy discounts as we speak. But again, they've done a lot of mistakes with this game for sure, and I'm not talking about the ridiculous outrage about women, but about the short campaign (that didn't even launch in its entirety at first), the few maps and modes, the lack of polish in many elements, plus in general I don't get the impression WW2 is something people wanted from Battlefield right now. But it is what it is, for 30$ it's a steal so go for it.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Welp I already bought a physical copy with the Target deal but I would have preferred a digital version. GS is only offering $22 for a trade in so I guess I'll stick with the physical version.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still way too much. It's not worth $30.

This is a huge slap in the face to any returning players who already bought the game though.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
how casual friendly is this game? i'd like a fps i can pick up a controller for and have fun in without dying every 2 seconds

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Great deal. Don't sleep on this if you like BF at all, it's the best one in years.

how casual friendly is this game? i'd like a fps i can pick up a controller for and have fun in without dying every 2 seconds

You can definitely fall into that loop of spawn die spawn die in BF, but if you stick with the main group on your team and spawn more at bases and captured points than squadmates who are in danger you can avoid it and more easily learn the ropes.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You'll die every 2 seconds if you haven't played any BF game or don't know the maps, it's all about map awareness and not playing it like other shooters and rushing.

Feb 10, 2018
By making BF5 some what stylistic, they have lost a lot of battlefields identify. It also seemed like what Devs do to combat franchise fatigue but in BF5s case it's not the departure customers wanted.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has it been confirmed that you can get the standard version for 30 bucks?

How much is the deluxe version out of curiosity?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The game is below Rocket League, Destiny 2, Overwatch, Fallout 76, PUBG and ARK among others for Xbox most played this week... it's a huge bomb

Nov 14, 2017
Eh... I'll wait for it to hit EA Access I guess. I can wait a few more weeks/months, BF1 is still good enough with all the DLC/content.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The game is below Rocket League, Destiny 2, Overwatch, Fallout 76, PUBG and ARK among others for Xbox most played this week... it's a huge bomb

Most played uses past weeks in an algorithm too so I'm not sure it is that accurate. No doubt the game hasn't done as well as BF1 but that is the way it goes.

Interestingly in the UK the Xbox One version has sold most. If its bad on Xbox then its real, real bad elsewhere.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
It'll probably be added to EA Access by spring.

Delaying the BR was a mistake. I just hope that with the delay they figure out their long term plans with BR progress/microstransactions and how it will carry forward into future BF titles.

Last edited:

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Most played uses past weeks in an algorithm too so I'm not sure it is that accurate. No doubt the game hasn't done as well as BF1 but that is the way it goes.

Interestingly in the UK the Xbox One version has sold most. If its bad on Xbox then its real, real bad elsewhere.
BFV came out 2 weeks ago though? It's has enough time for an accurate representation ?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Battlefield 1 was a game with gold last month, it working for this is pretty funny.

Still not interested.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game started incredibly poorly in sales

I will say though the huge price drops are working. Game has been putting up much better numbers

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Tsar bombaaaaaaa.

Good deal though for anybody remotely interested.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. The original news came out in 2017.
2. They can change things after the fact.
3. I will not post further on this in this thread.

1. The original news from a German magazine about a case that had been resolved and no charges brought forth.
2. They can but given the circumstances stripping the guy of the cover at this juncture is premature.

I'm not defending Ronaldo but EA did nothing wrong by placing him on the cover this year.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'd rather not support someone who rips off kids and gullible/addicted people with shady microtransactions just because he pretends to be inclusive.
Let's not pretend that the scumbag Andrew Wilson is who I'm referring to supporting. Plus you should really take a look at what Battlefield V is doing with its game economy, free DLC and absolutely no microtransactions that affect gameplay seems like a fine business practice to me, this coming from someone who opposes all microtransactions most of the time.