• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Via Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/8l9ag8/cover_art_spotted_on_ps4/

afe2990.jpg

36d0b6f.png

Also who wants to bet that DICE still won't include the ability to pick gender and race in multiplayer?

Last edited:

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
There goes any hope to flying in my beloved Little Bird chopper this year :'(

Bring back modern era BF games please DICE.

Winter47th

Banned
May 4, 2018
I don't care about gender or race; it won't hinder my purchase. I just want it to be as good, fun and balanced as Bad Company 2.

MarineMountie

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I don't care about gender or race; it won't hinder my purchase. I just want it to be as good, fun and balanced as Bad Company 2.

This is what I'm hoping. Just give me real Conquest back and good balancing. Bring back more bullet drop as well, as BF1 casualized the game to the extreme when it came to bullet drop and grenade spam.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I want it to have set classes with no gameplay unlocks, weapon attachments, customizable gadgets, or vehicle gameplay customizations like Battlefield 1943 but we know that won't happen.

That definitely wouldn't happen, they need a carrot for people to chase in multiplayer otherwise they lose the playerbase who grinds out unlocks.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I'm hoping. Just give me real Conquest back and good balancing. Bring back more bullet drop as well, as BF1 casualized the game to the extreme when it came to bullet drop and grenade spam.

I was also disappointed in some of the "casual" decisions made from BF4. I feel like they'll probably continue on that track...

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Did women fight in WWII?

Russian women did. Resistance fighters and what not too. Not really any in the front line infantry though(that I know of?). I kinda hope they don't let you pick gender and race cause seeing black nazis run around in CoD WW2 was just weird. Black people were exterminated, persecuted, forced into slave labour, and were sterilized. It's almost like playing as a Jewish Nazi. Some things you shouldn't include everyone...nazism are probably at the top of that list. Not to mention the forced segregation in the US army. It's pretty tasteless to me. I'm all for including other races and genders but put it in the proper way or don't bother.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In limited capacities. Having half the playerbase as women in a WW2 game would be odd. Especially when most of the game will revolve around ground infantry based combat.

I really, REALLY don't care either way, but would it be any more odd than any of the other stuff that happens in a WW2 game?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect even more hero units and lots of "Morale Boxes tm" or "Release Parcels" that will be cosmetic items and boost for your characters.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That definitely wouldn't happen, they need a carrot for people to chase in multiplayer otherwise they lose the playerbase who grinds out unlocks.
Oh I know, DICE tried limiting customization recently with Star Wars Battlefront 2015 and people flipped their fucking lids. It's like they are addicted, once they got a taste of the grind and carrot they can't feel happiness without it anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
So we went from grimly walking towards the camera while on fire to ballet dancing while surrounded by sparks...

I don't know this pose looks freaking hilarious.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I know it won't happen but I really fucking wish DICE would bring back actual vehicle spawning and not the TERRIBLE token shit from Battlefront and BF1.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nooooooooooo

Guess I'll be skipping this one as well :(

With BF having a WW1 and WW2 game in a row and CoD having a WW2 and multiplayer only game in a row, I've been skipping these two franchises left and right.

I want to play them but I'm in it for modern singleplayer campaigns :/

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Made this quickly. Not sure what it is on his back. Doesn't look like a shovel. It's indisputably a US Army soldier, WWII era.

DdzdW00VAAEeaCW.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Russian women did. Resistance fighters and what not too. Not really any in the front line infantry though. I kinda hope they don't let you pick gender and race cause seeing black nazis run around in CoD WW2 was just weird. Black people were exterminated, persecuted, forced into slave labour, and were sterilized. It's almost like playing as a Jewish Nazi. Some things you shouldn't include everyone...nazism are probably at the top of that list. Not to mention the forced segregation in the US army. It's pretty tasteless to me.
Look, I can see where you are coming from, but I'm talking about multiplayer. It's never been or intended to be historically accurate. Inclusiveness should be prioritized over historical accuracy when it comes to multiplayer.

CODWW2 let you play as a black female Wehrmacht soldier and the world didn't end.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Looks like BF1. WW2 > WW1 though, so I'm still interested. Just hope its not a total reskin.