Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Battlefield said:
Available May 30 as a free update to Battlefield V, experience the new Mercury map when the fight moves to the Mediterranean, part of Chapter 3: Trial By Fire. Take on a massive invasion along the Cretan coast, based on the real-life WW2 events of Operation Mercury

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like DICE would have been better off just making content for Apex.

Feels weird that EA made all these shooters that all received limited support.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wonder if maybe more support-based studios are needed.

Like the content release for BFV has been dreadfully slow but no one wants DICE to suddenly implement harsh crunch to get content out faster. So honestly EA should begin to invest in studios that simply help out with the content/patching of their big GaaS titles.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Fucking finally.

The lack of maps is the main thing that has stopped me playing BFV. It didn't launch with many and I detest at least half of them.

At least it's a nice rural map, not another bloody urban one.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Yep that's why I actually didn't mind playing for premium, cause regardless of the level of interest in the game they were obligated to make the dlc they roadmapped.
Seriously. BF4 had like 30 additional maps release for it. By the end I think there 40 maps in rotation. This is just like abysmal. And it's a damn shame we will likely never get a single Pacific front map?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
"All DLC will be free!"

*releases 10x less DLC*
Yeah this I'm not sure has been a net positive. BF Premium used to be the pinnacle of DLC content and while it did split the player base to a certain extent, the value, quantity, and quality of content meant that loads of people bought in.

This kind of post launch support pales in comparison IMO.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Did that battle royal mode ever come out? How was it?
Yeah, it came out.

It's... fine? Serviceable. If it had come out before PUBG then it would have been huge. (Which is a bit of a silly thing to say of course, since it only exists because of the craze kicked off by PUBG.)

It's very much an also-ran. The interface in particular is pretty bad. Feels downright awful after playing Apex Legends.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"All DLC will be free!"

*releases 10x less DLC*
We all knew it was gonna happen, the fact that the sales and reception didn't exactly light the world on fire only compounded it.

They should have just improved premium by making the maps themselves free to everyone after like 2 months and maybe give some more cosmetic stuff to purchasers to offset that. Would have solved the fractured community problem.

That being said all of the game modes besides Operations or Conquest are dead on PS4 for BF1 which is sad. I may finally pick this one up but last time I checked the OT recently a lot of people were still complaining about bugs so I dunno

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Finally a new map! Man, I miss premium.

Such a shame the best playing BF in years is content starved.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
The only tanking in game post patch is my frame rate. ba dum chhhhh.

Fix your game Dice.

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019
jesus christ, really? never picked up this game because honestly bf hasn't been the same for me after 3, but i tried it and it wasn't horrible just didn't do anything different for me than 4 or BF1 to justify it. if anything BF1 played better (actually bought that) BFV just had a better setting to me. glad i didn't pick it up seeing how shitty the support for it is now though.

they really need to go back to selling premium. people can hate on DLC all they want and MTX but BF premium was actually great. like you got a shit ton of maps they had to make, and at least with BF3 the vast majority were great maps. there was also the ability to host your own server, even on consoles, like i remember i had my own server on pc and ps3 hosted by dice. better times. can't believe i'm saying that with how much shit EA/DICE caught for it back then but somehow they're managing to be worse now.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
The BR mode should of been free to play (just sell cosmetics) to try and entice players back on to the game. The whole series just seems to be on a down trend at the moment but that might be due to two world war games in a row. Hope we get a Bad Company 3 sooner rather than later with a focus on the Gold Rush mode.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How long do they plan to support this game at this rate of releasing content. This game will be dead before we even get to the Russian front or the Pacific.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep that's why I actually didn't mind playing for premium, cause regardless of the level of interest in the game they were obligated to make the dlc they roadmapped.
This, but they dropped Premium to avoid separating players, in the meantime, they add a new mode every two months to separate players more...

There's too much not that interesting game modes and too few maps (I only play Conquest, maybe Rush sometimes).

I don't even know if I'll bother launching the game on the 30th for a single map, I did not play since months.

At least Premium brought several maps every few months, which was way more interesting to get back.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
This, but they dropped Premium to avoid separating players, in the meantime, they add a new mode every two months to separate players more...

There's too much not that interesting game modes and too few maps (I only play Conquest, maybe Rush sometimes).

I don't even know if I'll bother launching the game on the 30th for a single map, I did not play since months.

At least Premium brought several maps every few months, which was way more interesting to get back.

Im sure Dice force these gamemodes cause to them, this counts as "new content". I would take operations, conquest and rush, period. The rest can go in the garbage as far as im concerned.

Dec 17, 2017
Cool.........I guess

I'm finding it hard to celebrate a single new map coming to BF5 some 6 months after the last single map release but I suppose a staving dog will chew on any old bone you care to throw it.

Plus my cynicism suggests that they'll probably do something stupid and make it only playable in the excerable Grand Operations going by past form.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've been out of this for a long while, how many maps have I missed since launch? Is there an easy way to catch up and get all the guns I missed?

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still dont want to see some premium to get more updates.
It just shows how little they care, just bury the game instead.
But this 1 map in 7 months is just terrible, someone would think they are already working on BF12 that will come soon and just have some summer workers training their skills on BFV.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Finally. I'm one of the Masochists that has like 200 hours in the game already, and can't believe we are finally getting a new map. I'm about to cry, god damn it.

Did that battle royal mode ever come out? How was it?

Fun! It's actually fun but it doesn't have many players (on PC at least). Oh and Australia can't play it with less than 200 ping

If you don't have those problems, the game is actually fun despite it's flaws