• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
VISUAL Customisation I unintentionally left out a word sorry.

In another chapter of DICE and EA have 0 idea how to communicate. Vehicle customisation will not be in the game at launch, something thats been in the last 3+ Battlefields wont be there on release for BFV.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/battlefield-5-rotterdam-trailer-breakdown

These shots, and similar ones that appear throughout the trailer, are a quick display of the arsenal of customized vehicles and aircraft you can collect as part of The Company. Seen from the cockpit of an advancing tank or from the planes diving through fiery plumes of smoke, players can upgrade these vehicles and aircraft to fit their playstyle. Choose between greater firepower or improved durability. Coming after launch for vehicles is visual customization, too.

This is the first we have heard of this. Tucked away in a blog posted that talks about the new trailer and maps.

I don't think EA and DICE realise that to do the live service model they are choosing to do with Battlefield V they are required to effectively communicate expected content. This also comes after finding out there will be two maps set in Rotterdam, before being blown up and after being blown up. At this state we have almost zero idea whats actually going to be in at launch.

Their Tides of War service is looking more like trickle content that should have been in at release.

Last edited:

V-Mac

Banned
Jul 4, 2018
Also, too few environments and just two factions at launch, which is a massive step backwards compared to the amazing Battlefield 1. They have much work to do in the post launch support. Fortunately the game looks good.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
like every battlefield lately (4, 1, and now 5), it gets decent only after a few expansion packs. playing it at launch means playing barebones game

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"Free DLC" seems like a copout for "Less money invested for Day 1, if game is a success put in more, if not (Battlefront, Titanfall 2, PvZ2) barebones"

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Is the 'grand operations' mode going to be available at launch?

Heard conflicting information on that.

Oct 27, 2017
More vehicles > more vehicle decals and skins. One gameplay tank > all vehicle cosmetics

No loss if I cannot decorate my tank with camos or trim it with gold... If the resources are needed elsewhere, it is absolutely the correct call to delay vehicle cosmetics.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Title is missing 'visual', no? Because they specifically say visual customization, so it's not about the vehicle functions (loadout)?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is only for visual customization - so something really unimportant and in no way gameplay influencing. Man ... I feel like it's "cool" currently to nitpick about the smallest things to hate the game, hu?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Battlefield 1 didn't launch with vehicle visual customization so yeah this is a non issue. Some of y'all are just looking for reasons to hate the game

Jun 17, 2018
Are people really upset about this? It won't be available at launch, it will be there in the end. I really don't care for bright orange tanks and ridiculous customisation in games like this.

Games like Fortnite can pull it off, it's got the right art style and doesn't take itself seriously.

I'm not super hot for BFV but it does seem that most are trying to shit all over it for strange rrasons. What were Beta impressions like??

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, if you put everything day one, people won't be throwing money at the screen to buy all that microtransactions shit, their pockets are not unlimited. Gotta do it slowly.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
First I thought its about customizing your vehicle loadout and other game changing upgrade. But its just cosmetics so who gives a shit.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I see the OP left out a very key detail from the title. What's up with the concern trolling about this game on Era recently?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Hey folks, this refers to cosmetic / visual customisation only.

Would be good if someone could update the title, and thank you to whoever does so.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
so... why even bother buying full price for a game in early access.

Another reason like we needed more, to wait and see how the game is supported, if the promised are fulfilled and see how the extension bring to the table.

I truly dont understand the people buy 100+ euros/dollars gold editions on day one.

OP
OP
Nateo

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I see the OP left out a very key detail from the title. What's up with the concern trolling about this game on Era recently?

First I thought its about customizing your vehicle loadout and other game changing upgrade. But its just cosmetics so who gives a shit.

Yeah sorry didnt mean to leave out visual, but it should be obvious to anyone that plays Battlefield considering tanks didnt have anything but visual customisation in BF1, there was no loadout customisation. It was set varients and skins.

Also concern trolling? No? This is a legitimate issue since customisation is the new big feature of the game which apparently isnt coming to a massive chunk of it at launch anymore.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Come on. We can do better for our threads than resort to giving them click-baitey half story titles like this. Leave that malarkey to the shit-tier Youtubers out there.

Oct 27, 2017
Also concern trolling? No? This is a legitimate issue since customisation is the new big feature of the game which apparently isnt coming to a massive chunk of it at launch anymore.

Please tell me more how bad of the game it is going to be because you cannot equip colorful patterns on your tanks. Think of all the BF players who care about this "big" feature, hopefully they don't boycott at the same time the other half of the community is crying about historical accuracy.

so... why even bother buying full price for a game in early access.

If you don't like the current content of the game, just don't buy it. Buy when they release vehicle skins, I mean, why would someone even buy a game without vehicle skins?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
What the hell are they doing? Isn't this part of the core gimmick of BFV? Being able to customize your vehicles, guns and soldier?

It was even shown in the very first reveal trailer (in the very first scene you can already see a tank with some cool stuff on), why is everything postponed in this game? First BR, then grand operations, then only two nations (only UK and GER at launch) and now the vehicle customization.

Seriously fuck this game, what a huge let down it is. What even is the point of buying this shit day one? It's literally incomplete.

Just make the next Battlefield game already, whatever it will be. BF6, BFBC3, BFVietnam, BFColdWar, BF2143...all sound better than this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nateo

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me more how bad of the game it is going to be because you cannot equip colorful patterns on your tanks. Think of all the BF players who care about this "big" feature, hopefully they don't boycott at the same time the other half of the community is crying about historical accuracy.
See I love the idea of customisation thats why Im a bit annoyed its not in there. I could not give two shits about historical accuracy thats never been a thing in Battlefield

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I care much about visual customisation, actually would probably enjoy the game more if there was an option to disable it ( guessing it will never happen since real money is involved ).
But things like this does adds up to giving the feeling of getting a pretty incomplete game at release, only two factions and associated theater being the biggest offender.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
"Free DLC" seems like a copout for "Less money invested for Day 1, if game is a success put in more, if not (Battlefront, Titanfall 2, PvZ2) barebones"

Yep, and people thought they are going to get the entire premium package for free this time. There's no way BFV will have the same amount of free DLCs as past BF premium passes.

Once the sales disappoints they are going to drop the game too.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
The game is in early access because you can't put a skin on your tank..?

The game is in early access because you can't play BattleRoyale mode at launch, can't play as American, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese or any other non-UK/Germany country at launch, and now you also can't customize your vehicle's appearance at launch. All these are promised in past trailer and conferences, they are also used as a marketing/hype tool. (''hype'' lol)

Let's not forget you almost can't play Grand Operations mode at launch too.

Game is a fucking mess, you know what, we should all just wait 6 month until the game is finally complete.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Do people care about vehicle customisation? I played BF1&4 for hundreds of hours and couldn't tell you if that was an option there.

1 did I think, I don't remember if 4 did. It's the feature I care least about so delay away.

Yeah 3, 4 and 1 had vehicle customization.

In 1 skins were mostly not unique and the really crazy ones were super rare so people didnt really bother.

3 and 4 I think only had like 7 camouflage patterns after all the DLC some of which were nigh impossible to unlock.(Ill double check later)

And by the time you unlocked the really weird ones like tiger and what-not you just didnt care anywhere near enough to equip them.

I think the tiger one required you to transport a flag carrier in the a helicopter to their base to unlock.
So the assignment was already some bullshit.

But then you equip it on your vehicles and you look like that guy who tries real hard to stand out.

Most people in BF (from my experience) set camo that kinda just fits in.
If on a desert map, you equip browns, a really urban map, maybe default or blue.
But 90% of the time, its just the default shit.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The game is in early access because you can't play BattleRoyale mode at launch, can't play as American, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese or any other non-UK/Germany country at launch, and now you also can't customize your vehicle's appearance at launch. All these are promised in past trailer and conferences, they are also used as a marketing/hype tool. (''hype'' lol)

Let's not forget you almost can't play Grand Operations mode at launch too.

What a fucking mess this game is.
So
  • Battle Royale mode
  • Other countries (cosmetic?)
  • Vehicle skins
Haven't cared much about skins in previous games and BR mode wasn't in them either so assume I'll be able to have the same old Battlefield fun as I've had before. More points than the last person and I can appreciate if you disagree but still wouldn't class it as early access from what I've seen.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
You all underestimate how important customizations are including the part of unlocking new customization options. And for my part I care about small things like this.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
So
  • Battle Royale mode
  • Other countries (cosmetic?)
  • Vehicle skins
Haven't cared much about skins in previous games and BR mode wasn't in them either so assume I'll be able to have the same old Battlefield fun as I've had before. More points than the last person and I can appreciate if you disagree but still wouldn't class it as early access from what I've seen.

The reason why I feel that way is because all that was promised in the trailers and interviews like they were going to be in the game day one, and they probably were supposed to be.

You can't announce all these modes and contents and then tell everyone that it won't be in the game day one, of course people would feel like the game is incomplete or rushed.

You all underestimate how important customizations are including the part of unlocking new customization options. And for my part I care about small things like this.

ResetEra is all about being progressive and supporting minority people and minority groups (me as well), but when it comes to minority opinions they are all like ''Do people actually care about fucking visual cosmetics? Who the hell gives a shit? Only like 5% of people on this site care about little details like this. THEIR OPINION DON'T MATTER.''

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The reason why I feel that way is because all that was promised in the trailers and interviews like they were going to be in the game day one, and it probably was meant to be in the game day one.

You can't announce all these modes and content and then tell everyone that it won't be in the game day one.
That's fair enough, I get where you're coming from for sure. I haven't followed the game much as fell out of BF1 quite hard, so was unaware which obviously has helped me care less about those lacking elements you mentioned. If you've been up on it and excited for them though then can get why it's a bummer to have them all suddenly postponed.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
That's fair enough, I get where you're coming from for sure. I haven't followed the game much as fell out of BF1 quite hard, so was unaware which obviously has helped me care less about those lacking elements you mentioned. If you've been up on it and excited for them though then can get why it's a bummer to have them all suddenly postponed.

I was very excited about BFV when the reveal trailer and gameplay info came out, my hype took a nose dive since then.

This is my post from May 24 2018, shortly after the reveal event:

Mark my words this will be the best BF since BFBC2

I wish I can delete that post.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I still hope there's an option to disable everyone else's customisation and just have standard looking soldiers...

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

If you don't like the current content of the game, just don't buy it. Buy when they release vehicle skins, I mean, why would someone even buy a game without vehicle skins?

it's not about tank skin, but content and features in general.

Why pay upfront for a product that is obviously slim on content (2 factions,, 6 maps so far in 3 locations ? A single SP " experience " ?), as many of its announced features won't be there on day one ?

rocketpunch

Dec 19, 2017
Not a problem. All I care about at launch is conquest with a good selection of maps, weapons, and equipment. The rest is unimportant in the first weeks/months of the game's life.