• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 14, 2017
Is the trail available on PC now? I will be buying it for PS4 pro, but I have a powerful PC to play the game and try it out.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
WAIT WHAT?! I checked an hour ago as I was playing some Titanfall 2. Daaaaamn im stuck at work now for the next 10 hours :(((

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Aw, and I thought that I had another day to finish the download

is it just premier of basic too?

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
You got desert, snow, mountain, fields, sump/wetland with forrest, small countryside cities and large close combat citites. What more do you need?

Hype intensified!

I'm talking about map design, not just locations (and given it's WW2, there's LOTS missing, presumably reserved for DLC).

It just looks like they all play exactly the same, which is pretty much what my problem with BF1 was.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Servers aren't online though, right? It's just single player for now until tomorrow?

Edit: oh wait now, wrong filters... servers are online too.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, if servers are up, I will start to burn my 10hours sooner than expected.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Huge "The Thin Red Line" vibes with the voice over in the intro missions. If the rest of the campaign even comes close to that we're in for a treat because that was epic.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
On Xbox I could start the download with EA Access at least one hour ago, go in the Store and look for the Standard Edition, it should say "Install".

Have you preordered? That's probably why.

I'm talking about the EA Access 10 hr trial, not connected to preorders.

I'll check again when I get home, though, thanks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you preordered? That's probably why.

I'm talking about the EA Access 10 hr trial, not connected to preorders.

I'll check again when I get home, though, thanks.
No preorder, I'll play mostly on PC but I want to see how it runs on my X.

I have EA Access on Xbox One, and Origin Access Premier on PC.

As I'm not home, I started the download from the MS Store on Windows 10, I searched for Battlefield V, selected Xbox, clicked on the Standard Edition then on Battlefield V in the "Includes" section, and there was a "Try" button, then an "Install on my devices" one.

Try there : https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/BZ2N7TQ0XCF2

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
No preorder, I'll play mostly on PC but I want to see how it runs on my X.

I have EA Access on Xbox One, and Origin Access Premier on PC.

As I'm not home, I started the download from the MS Store on Windows 10, I searched for Battlefield V, selected Xbox, clicked on the Standard Edition then on Battlefield V in the "Includes" section, and there was a "Try" button, then an "Install on my devices" one.

Try there : https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/BZ2N7TQ0XCF2

Thanks!

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, just wait a bit for the videos to start coming out. :)

Now I can reply you, and can't see any difference.

Look your teammate

Screenshot_20181108-121900_YouTube.jpg

Look the score

Screenshot_20181108-121550_YouTube.jpg

Jun 30, 2018
from what i've seen in the trailer most of themaps are going to continue the same line of being quite an empty sand box, with some others thrown to a lesser degree. i miss the old days with bfbc 2 where, size and detail counted, and a good analogue would be, is that in an given plain open area in bf 5, before there were multiple densed area routhes between the points in the map filled with monuments, submarines etc. also giving the maps so much width in ratio to their length like in bf 3, ends up having inevitable flanks that the defensive team can't anticipate for, which leads to bad level design, and game modes like rush that don't work out in them. this is how i'd rate the bf games based on detail to size ratio and overall really, although i haven't played bf5, but from the looks of it: bfbc2>bf4>bf3>bf5.
i guess the only draw for the game for me personally is the spectacular graphics, and thats it. it's not enough.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
from what i've seen in the trailer most of themaps are going to continue the same line of being quite an empty sand box, with some others thrown to a lesser degree. i miss the old days with bfbc 2 where, size and detail counted, and a good analogue would be, is that in an given plain open area in bf 5, before there were multiple densed area routhes between the points in the map filled with monuments, submarines etc. also giving the maps so much width in ratio to their length like in bf 3, ends up having inevitable flanks that the defensive team can't anticipate for, which leads to bad level design, and game modes like rush that don't work out in them. this is how i'd rate the bf games based on detail to size ratio and overall really, although i haven't played bf5, but from the looks of it: bfbc2>bf4>bf3>bf5.
i guess the only draw for the game for me personally is the spectacular graphics, and thats it. it's not enough.
Dude...

I have some GREAT news for you. This is so far from what it's actually like. I've been playing for the past hour now and map design is THE best it's been. I'm actually gushing over the map design in this game. I'm getting serious BF2 vibes in terms of how the maps play out and just the amount of fun I'm having.
Action is abundant but also spread out...in a way that the past 3 BF's havent done right. BFV is special.

Its crazy when everyone in every game is repeating the same thing:
"THESE MAPS!"
"Maps are so ****ing good"
etc etc

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Dude...

I have some GREAT news for you. This is so far from what it's actually like. I've been playing for the past hour now and map design is THE best it's been. I'm actually gushing over the map design in this game. I'm getting serious BF2 vibes in terms of how the maps play out and just the amount of fun I'm having.
Action is abundant but also spread out...in a way that the past 3 BF's havent done right. BFV is special.

"THESE MAPS!"
etc etc

Oh my

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Dude...

"THESE MAPS!"
etc etc
I heard someone complain maps are TOO big, which is music to my ears.

It was apparent immediately in maps like Sinai that the flow was bad. Every CQ map in BF1 was the same. And in BF4 too, it was just fighting over the middle flags.

In BFV beta, it often felt people defended certain flags. But I feel as if this was due to attrition. With the game easing up on attrition, do people still play defensively or is it more run and gun? I want to play a CQ game where flags are harder to capture, and players defend points. With reinforcements, it just feels much more fun to defend an area.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I heard someone complain maps are TOO big, which is music to my ears.

It was apparent immediately in maps like Sinai that the flow was bad. Every CQ map in BF1 was the same. And in BF4 too, it was just fighting over the middle flags.

In BFV beta, it often felt people defended certain flags. But I feel as if this was due to attrition. With the game easing up on attrition, do people still play defensively or is it more run and gun? I want to play a CQ game where flags are harder to capture, and players defend points. With reinforcements, it just feels much more fun to defend an area.
It's a bit run & gun'y as of right now but I can see where squad play will really shine and turn the tides o f the match. I hope it pans out where ppl actually start setting up fortifications and such.
I actually defended a flag w/ 2 other guys and held off long enough to see a full convoy rolling up. Was amazing to hold it off and see an influx of my teammates and vehicles come pouring in to wipe out the other team and take the flag.

The game has a nice balance of action and space. There's a ton of action but there's also a lot breathing too.
There are a lot of routes but not to the point where you always feel like you're being killed from every angle. Great mix of frontlines and choke points but also allows for flanking.
1st time a BF has had this great of a map design and flow since BF2.

Dont get me started on Grand Operations...
There's universal praise for the game while in-game. A lot of matches have been really close. The game is as intense as the final moments in a Battle Royale game.
Map design has me extremely excited for their Battle Royale mode. There's a lot of thought put into the design of each map.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit run & gun'y as of right now but I can see where squad play will really shine and turn the tides o f the match. I hope it pans out where ppl actually start setting up fortifications and such.
I actually defended a flag w/ 2 other guys and held off long enough to see a full convoy rolling up. Was amazing to hold it off and see an influx of my teammates and vehicles come pouring in to wipe out the other team and take the flag.

The game has a nice balance of action and space. There's a ton of action but there's also a lot breathing too.
There are a lot of routes but not to the point where you always feel like you're being killed from every angle. Great mix of frontlines and choke points but also allows for flanking.
1st time a BF has had this great of a map design and flow since BF2.

Dont get me started on Grand Operations...
There's universal praise for the game while in-game. A lot of matches have been really close. The game is as intense as the final moments in a Battle Royale game.
Map design has me extremely excited for their Battle Royale mode. There's a lot of thought put into the design of each map.

I feel the game has gotten much faster due to attrition nerfs and player skill. I liked the first few days when everyone was afraid to move around.

I don't mind it playing faster, I just hope its not mindless. I enjoyed the struggle of needing to resupply. I see in some clips people still run out of ammo, but not as much. And with perks that give you ammo off dead bodies, it seems attrition has been dialled back. I miss feeling panicked when I ran out of ammo. At the same time, it sucked when bad teammates refused to drop ammo and heals for you

Still, to hear map design itself has been turned around is great. BF1's CQ mode was a disaster due to the mode changes, map design, and the behemoths. And even Operations was often frustrating due to poor balance. I like that BF1 mixed it up with having flag caps and bomb modes. Reminds me of Killzone 3. And the BR styled mode sounds the best. I hope they are common and not too rare.

How is class balance?

People rarely play Support in games like BF1, which is annoying because it meant no ammo crate drops. Snipers feel too appealing, because sniping is so easy, and they have really useful tools like spotting flares and throwing knives. Im concerned about spotting flares negating the changes to spotting, if its like BF1. They still have spawn beacons, so Im expecting those far away snipers to be a nuisance. I just hope it isn't as bad as BF1. In modes like Frontlines, Snipers always felt like they ruined the experience

Medics seem like they are in a good place. They shred in CQC, but are useless against vehicles. Assault feels real good since they had the best in class weapons and Anti Vehicle kits.