• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
If anything the beta proved to me that this is a much better game than BF1 and has a lot of potential. I was on the verge of cancelling my pre order but the beta legit saved it. I don't want them to rush shit and waste their time on another beta because COD had one, if the BR mode isn't ready then don't send out a horrible version of it to the public just for the sake of sending one out, it will do more harm than good. COD comes out in a few weeks, it will keep me busy until November.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I hope they push squad play better cause there are more than enough big BR games that cater to the solo crowd. On the other hand, solo in a class based game could be amazingly unbalanced. Surely a Medic would win. Maybe they make it classless instead if they want solo.
I doubt even squads is gonna have classes tho.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Twitch is a really big influencer nowadays and BF BR wont be successful on twitch with squad only BR mode. Twitch streamers are all rambos and dont give a shit about squad play. Nobody will stream it after the first few days/weeks if they dont introduce solos/duos.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Really have zero interest in a Firestorm Beta if they're going that route. It would also seriously hurt their sales potential if it ends up being underwhelming compared to Blackstorm

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I guess it depends when the Firestorm mode is due to come out. I think it needs a beta but maybe as a seperate thing from the main testing.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Twitch is a really big influencer nowadays and BF BR wont be successful on twitch with squad only BR mode. Twitch streamers are all rambos and dont give a shit about squad play. Nobody will stream it after the first few days/weeks if they dont introduce solos/duos.

All the big battlefield streamers and YouTubers are about squad play.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Surpression that makes your bullets fly off to the moon are gone yeah. Finally.
Which basically makes suppression worthless. In the Beta, every time I got an enemy suppressed (with the red diamonds above their head) they'd kill me with a single headshot a split second later. It's basically a death sentence now. Not necessarily a bad thing, just don't bother with it.

Yep, it's insane, saw another one of these earlier from someone else saying something similar.

Share the same sentiments with that, I was hyped for BFV, but after trying the beta, nope, it's fell of my radar and I'll probably just rotate my time between RDR2, BO4, Forza Horizon 4 with a sprinkling of Fortnite.

I have to agree. If there's no second Beta or demo, I'll probably pass. I need to see for myself that the game has been fixed, I can't trust DICE to simply say it is at this point.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Which basically makes suppression worthless. In the Beta, every time I got an enemy suppressed (with the red diamonds above their head) they'd kill me with a single headshot a split second later. It's basically a death sentence now. Not necessarily a bad thing, just don't bother with it.

Doesnt it still give that visual blur and something? So its not useless.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's insane, saw another one of these earlier from someone else saying something similar.

Share the same sentiments with that, I was hyped for BFV, but after trying the beta, nope, it's fell of my radar and I'll probably just rotate my time between RDR2, BO4, Forza Horizon 4 with a sprinkling of Fortnite.

They had a very crippling audio bug that made it feel distinctly un-Battlefield at times. They absolutely should have another open beta with tweaks and some fixes, if only to show that they have confidence in the game and are listening.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if DICE/EA will just do a free play weekend when Firestorm mode release to attract new players.

Edit: I meant a free play weekend instead of a beta for Firestorm.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Firestorm should be a free standalone mode, I don't see why anyone would make it paid in the age of Fortnite.
People are willing to pay for CoD without SP, just because they put a BR mode in it. Firestorm could be amazing but everyone seems to be so in love with CoD again, that nothing else seems to matter.

Personally the combat feel alone will make Firestorm more interesting that just CoD combat in a BR mode.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I think this will be the first Battlefield game I will skip completely since Battlefield 2.

To me BFV seems a lot like a rushed BF1 expansion, riddled with bugs and glitches typical of a very unfinished product (similar to the state of BF4 when it launched on consoles), and a gameplay formula unbalanced and partially ruined to follow money trends as CoD/PUBG boring royale wagon.

Damn you EA, I really can't tolerate you anymore… :/

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think this will be the first Battlefield game I will skip completely since Battlefield 2.

To me BFV seems a lot like a rushed BF1 expansion, riddled with bugs and glitches typical of a very unfinished product (similar to the state of BF4 when it launched on consoles), and a gameplay formula unbalanced and partially ruined to follow money trends as CoD/PUBG boring royale wagon.

Damn you EA, I really can't tolerate you anymore… :/
Did you get chance to play any of the beta?

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Did you get chance to play any of the beta?
Yes, and it was VERY disappointing.

Starting with the "re-skinned BF1" feel from the beginning, I found the new movements clunky, the new UI/UX makes enemies almost impossible to spot or distinguish their classes, the new bleed out thing is stupidly implemented, ammo scarcity making you crawling around was annoying, building fortifications ruined immersion and broke pacing, I hated the buffed vehicles, the destruction felt more limited, the visuals/arts was more generic, cartoony and worse compared to BF1 and I had A LOT of bugs more akin to Pre-Alpha builds, not Pre-Release Beta/Demo builds.
Also in general I felt like I was not playing a main Battlefield title at all, but a Call of Duty variant in a bigger map and with more players.
It also felt much less chaotic and "real-war" unlike previous titles.

Thinking at all these above and adding the launch delay, the features cut on launch and postponed, the arrogant and blatant PM of last months etc. etc.

I will just pass it, and be hopeful that real successor to Battlefield 3/4 will come someday.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
the new bleed out thing is stupidly implemented, ammo scarcity making you crawling around was annoying, building fortifications ruined immersion and broke pacing, I hated the buffed vehicles, the destruction felt more limited, the visuals/arts was more generic, cartoony

I disagree with pretty much every argument you made here I think, including the clunky movement I cut out. I do agree it was hard to distinguish classes though, same with spotting ammo/medic boxes.

It was buggy, but not much buggier than BF1 for me which was a pretty smooth release. The biggest issue was that recurring bug I had was an obtrusive one, the rezz bug, but as long as that's fixed I'd be fine with that as a release state, I put in nearly 50 hours as it was.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Doesnt it still give that visual blur and something? So its not useless.
Yeah it just blurs the screen. Unfortunately from the tracer fire (which needs to be continuous in order to qualify for suppression) the recon can easily see where you are and just take their time popping you, and the blur doesn't affect their ability to make the shot in any way.

So the suppression is a death sentence for the person doing the suppressing, not the one being suppressed. Like I said, not really a big deal, just don't ever bother with it, even with a bipoded LMG.

Isn't that the pic for the North African Aerodrome map? I thought Twisted Steel was in France, and was the pic with the bridge and greenery below it (top right):

DmgKke2W4AA4Aiq.jpg:large

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it just blurs the screen. Unfortunately from the tracer fire (which needs to be continuous in order to qualify for suppression) the recon can easily see where you are and just take their time popping you, and the blur doesn't affect their ability to make the shot in any way.

So the suppression is a death sentence for the person doing the suppressing, not the one being suppressed. Like I said, not really a big deal, just don't ever bother with it, even with a bipoded LMG.

Isn't that the pic for the North African Aerodrome map? I thought Twisted Steel was in France, and was the pic with the bridge and greenery below it (top right):

DmgKke2W4AA4Aiq.jpg:large

Yeah they corrected it. :)

Oct 31, 2017
Petty and corny but indicative of the actual mindset of the larger gaming audience concerning this game.

Yeah its crazy lol. After playing the open beta, I'm actually very hyped to play more of this game. The game was just fun imo. Fun to shoot, fun to play. Loved the mechanics and design changes they've instituted that IMHO really improves Battlefield's game design (I.E. great reduction in spotting ability, the attrition system overall, fortifications to encourage defending objectives).

Yet when you see the general "gamer mob" mentality surrounding this game, it's like the game is a disaster.

As someone who isn't typically a big Battlefield player, this game's design decisions really interested me. Played the beta and really enjoyed it, and now I'm excited for the full release. Kind of sad to see all of the ire directed towards this game when it's actually really fun, which is the most important thing.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Btw that 10% off for being a BF veteran is pretty cool. Next to that i have 10% also because of EA Accces. So 20% off. Instead of 80 bucks for the Deluxe i play 63 bucks.
Probably get it even from a cheaper store.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Yeah they corrected it. :)
How do they keep fucking up even the most basic comms? They posted the wrong times for the announcement trailer. Conflicting times for the start and finish times of the Beta. Wrong picture to go with their post about one of the maps (there are only 8 maps!). I mean it's not life and death stuff, but let's face it, it's pretty basic shit. If your job is to put out a tweet with a pic and a few lines of text, how do you screw that up?

This is why they need another Beta or demo. I just don't trust them enough to take them at their word any more.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When it comes to all the pre-order editions out there, is there really any point getting the higher versions if you don't care that much about random skins?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I think they need a second beta as well. There's was a lot to fix in the initial beta. CoD's BR beta had some issues as well but they did changes throughout the period. I had the bug where I couldn't choose new weapons throughout the beta. It should've been fixed and implemented during the beta. It's not a demo but you're showing it to the public so it absolutely is.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I sure hope the full release runs better. The beta didn't turn me off content wiseb - but performance wise.

I know an i5 4690 isn't exactly new but I was getting CPU locked hard in the beta, down in the 40 fps range no matter what settings I messed with, paired with a 980ti and 16 GB RAM. Other "big scope" games (PUBG, Blackout, Battlefield 1) run fine for me and always above 60 fps so the performance was a huge turn off for me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They need a second beta and another delay to Spring 2019 IMO. Seems like this game needs about 6 more months of work to get enough content at launch and get things smoothed out.

The first part is possible, the second part would require divine intervention but it would be the best thing for the game IMO.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They need a second beta and another delay to Spring 2019 IMO. Seems like this game needs about 6 more months of work to get enough content at launch and get things smoothed out.

The first part is possible, the second part would require divine intervention but it would be the best thing for the game IMO.

I do think they should have another beta in October, just to showcase some of the changes made from the first Beta.

I hope we get a roadmap soon of their content plans, since they mentioned weekly content. If they launch with 10 maps or so, available on the various modes people want, then that will be ok for the short-term but they should be brining new maps as frequently as possible but it all depends on how well the base game does and how many units they sell.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean a second beta build with the fixes in would be when exactly? Given most think they won't have everything for launch a second beta build would either be the same as the 1st with minor tweaks or so close to launch as to not be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.