• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrayForTabata

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Battlefield 1 is a thrilling and visceral experience. Burning men falling from planes, rooftops and cliffs. Cavalry units impaling fools in the open. Everything is on fire, engulfed in gas or smoke, or maybe the ground itself is so damaged that it gives infantry new cover. Meanwhile Battlefield V feels like a game where everything is distant, quiet, lifeless and, with all due respect, spastic and insulting.

DICE: "Bro let's put animations on, wait for it, you guessed right, everything." Uninterruptible and annoying. I don't want to sound like Mack from Worthabuy but the devs are literally taking control away from the goddamn player. Every single second of animation that reduces or eliminates player control is a second during which a good player does not differ from a bad one. Or a blind one. And boy oh boy don't get me started on the "attempt to climb but fail because the obstacle is too high animation", which is an insult to life itself. First of all the animations are royally bugged. They glitch, they jitter and sometimes they freeze. Some of them f-word your weapon up so hard, that it start floating in the air right in front of you. Furthermore they are not entertaining or impressive.

"Glitches are OK bro it's just a Beeeeta". BF1 had a Beta as well. Less glitchy, less bugged obviously. Definitely not free of Bugs and to this day the BF1 UI and Cavalry animations, among other things, are admittedly imperfect. No excuse here but BFV is on a completely different level. This is an Alpha, not a Beta, because many of the game systems are borderline unusable. Auto Bipod deployment being so inconsistent it might just as well be randomised. Spawning itself is sometimes so bugged that you're forced to leave the game? Is this some kind of sick joke? I know it's officially a Beta but some of stuff I have seen was so annoying and game breaking I could've thrown my Controller against the wall (inb4 console player).

BF1 has glorious and amazing sounds and sound mixing. Real good stuff. Everything is loud and clear. You hear footsteps which gives you an advantage if you play with a good setup. Additionally, it increases immersion. BF1 is one of the best sounding games I've ever played. OST's good, too. Footsteps in BFV? Like most other things, inconsistent, putting the fully immersed player at a disadvantage. Weapons? Less Oomph and it's immediately noticeable. But worst of all? The sound mixing being so fubar that the player literally starts feeling lonely in the middle of the battlefield.

But these annoying occurrences are nothing compared to the actually intended changes that take the fun out of this game. Planes are shit. You see in BF1 basically everyone could fuck everyone. Planes vs Cavalry. Planes vs Tanks. Horses vs Tanks. Planes against Infantry. Horses against infantry. So many possibilities. So much chaos? How effective are Planes against Infantry in BFV? They are not. In addition, their agility is fucked and they are unsatisfying to control. In BF1 I dropped grenades on infantry fools under the arch in Sinai Desert. That's how agile we were. That's how effective we were, but never overpowered and easy to punish with AA and Fighters. In BFV planes feel so disconnected from the battlefield, and unsatisfying to use, that I just stopped using them. From 70 hours of flying in BF1 to 7 minutes of disappointment and disbelief in BFV.

The changes to infantry classes are unheard of. I'm not against all change but that was not a smart move at all. It definitely alienates quite a few veterans but whatever. Not once, in my 400h of BF1 did I wish I spawned with less ammo. Did you have infinite ammo in BF1? No you didn't. It was piss easy to run outta ammo as Assault/Medic/Recon. You ran out and picked up the gun of another Player/sought out a support teammate. And it worked perfectly while being very entertaining. A million times my Automatico ran out of ammo, I picked up some Medic gun and got some more of em before dying heroically. Sometimes you went through multiple weapons in one life and the spawn ammo was perfectly calibrated and fine.

I need to hold L2 if I want to respawn while looking at the Sky? This is very disrespectful to the player's time and intelligence. Look, if I wanna see the deploy overview, then allow me to see that shit instead of wasting my time while there's not even anyone near me with the potential to revive my sorry ass. So many changes slow the game down WITHOUT entertaining you or improving immersion. They are simply annoying, like a big wasp flying around your real life head in the middle of the game.

The spotting change reduces the usefulness of spotting, as a game mechanic, by approximately 99%, no hyperbole. Look, if you found spotting in 4/1 to be OP you could've changed it without demoting it to "a yellow marker lmfao". Spotting was never set in stone. They could've tweaked ANYTHING about it. Reduce radius, distance, etc. all depending on current class, position, elevation, state, just fucking everything. They didn't tweak the spotting mechanic, they nearly removed it. Despite the fact that it was a complex and appreciated feature that literally increased interactivity between planes and infantry FYI. But who needs a million game systems working together if you can just split everyone up and bore them to death.

Mind you this controversial change in combination with the reduced visibility because of more visual noise, a less professional color palate and inferior design language? Welcome to Blindfield V bro. In BF1 it happened often enough that other player(s) oversaw my MGS ass and got punished for it, so visibility was balanced well in BF1.

I could go on and on and on but I don't wanna waste your time and I know some people will disagree with me. And that's fine. Maybe the next BF is their groove, not ours. I will never forget how much fun I had in BF1 tbh and I am very disappointed with Dice.

Additionally, who in his right mind refers to V as a reskin of 1? The changes they made are so massive it almost feels like a different franchise. Slower, disconnected and imo less entertaining. The health and ammo change, the spotting, etc. are changes that make V extremely different from 1. I guess credit to Dice for "changing things up".

Just because BFV and BF1 share a sterile and lifeless/laggy hipster UI and use the same engine doesn't mean they are similar, really. I don't even care about any of the controversy surrounding the game tbh. Whatever, it the Swedes want to include historically irrelevant side characters (I don't mean it) while totally fucking up the content with just 2 armies at launch more power to them. Jokes on my obviously because I have the Deluxe preordered so I guess I am the stupid one here.

I want to explicitly state though, that this is a rant because I didn't even mention 1% of the things wrong with V. The new incendiary grenade damage doesn't make sense, the tank damage to infantry is inconsistent and feels randomized, the spawn system itself inferior to both 4 and 1 (royally), the linear unlocking of weapons instead of buying them is awful and limiting, rest in peace and my heart my beloved Cavalry, etc. Also the weapons of Assault/Medic/Support and hell, even Recon, feel like mashed together into one massive mid-range class tbh. In that sense BF1 feels much more varied.

I digress and want to say have fun everyone who finds his groove in V. I'll play it too, but I'll never forget 1. As in number 1. That one time I killed 60 people in a row from horseback while on Acid? I was one with the world. Thank you Dice for BF1.

Last thing, consider the following: They could've taken BF1 as a base for the successor, removed random bullet deviation, tweaked the already solid game mechanics even further, pumped the game full of content, and made careful changes to the game mechanics without changing everything out of principle. BF1 is a rabbit on cocaine, jumping around, being happy and alive while BFV is a Sloth on H just standing around, everyone is equal and we might just as well sleep. Besides all this I'll always be by this franchise's side because of all the memories I have with it. Let's hope for the best BFV launch possible.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Battlefield V [OT] War Cost's an Arm and a Leg.
Battlefield V [OT] Prosthetic Armies Not Included. Yet.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
infographic3-simpl.jpg
Open Beta Infographic.

https://www.battlefield.com/en-au/news/what-we-learned-from-the-battlefield-5-open-beta

Last edited:

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I'd play support more if they fixed the fucking bipods fucking up me ADSing near any sort of geometry.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There had to be some new video "later this week", its friday, where is the vid or did I miss it?!

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
So, after my exam I started playing for the first time in two weeks and everthing seems more buggy? I die far quicker and people tank 100+ damage from me?! My ping is twelve!

Right now I died 5 times while trying to order a V rocket strike. I had 50000 points. It has NEVER worked for mw so far. It says ROCKET AVAIBLE if I'm lucky and then NOTHING. No binos, nothing. The fuck? Made me die a ton AND we lost in the ens because the objective couldn't be cleared. HOW does this work?!

Oct 26, 2017
Binabik15, on the one hand you bumped the Beta thread... on the other hand given the beta state of the game (and that might be generous)... I could see just moving all discussion back into this thread as a form of protest.

Oct 29, 2017
So, after my exam I started playing for the first time in two weeks and everthing seems more buggy? I die far quicker and people tank 100+ damage from me?! My ping is twelve!

Right now I died 5 times while trying to order a V rocket strike. I had 50000 points. It has NEVER worked for mw so far. It says ROCKET AVAIBLE if I'm lucky and then NOTHING. No binos, nothing. The fuck? Made me die a ton AND we lost in the ens because the objective couldn't be cleared. HOW does this work?!

Bugs, bugs and more bugs

The dude who tanked you for 100+ damage probably healed with a med pouch inbetween your shots. Or there were 2 people there

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Bugs, bugs and more bugs

The dude who tanked you for 100+ damage probably healed with a med pouch inbetween your shots. Or there were 2 people there

Nope, he was running and my LMG burst hit him for 100, he stopped and I died 🤔

And this is the beta thread? Wooops. Search function on new era is not kind to my phone, this was shown as the search result.

Status
Not open for further replies.