• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eem

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to sound strange, but hear me out. I'm posting here because I can't make a new thread.

About a week ago I got an email saying "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE" from GameStop. Someone apparently used my rewards account or email to buy Battlefield V for PS4. They didn't use my credit card, just my email address. I have no idea how this happened, but somebody in Duluth, MN accidentally bought me this game. I do not know anyone in Duluth, MN so this isn't a gift from someone.

I spent two days trying to get GameStop to answer the phone, but was on hold for two hours each time before I gave up; all I wanted was for this poor guy who may share my name to get his game! I also went in to my local store, and they told me they can't do anything about it.

So here's the deal: I BELIEVE I have a fully functioning BFV download code for PS4 and I don't want the game. I'll sell it to someone here for $20: we can do the transaction through PM and use some kind of honor system so neither person gets screwed here.

First to reply gets dibs.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neat so the glitch where the stupid fucking Origin overlay gets stuck on your screen and doesn't let you spawn is still in -_-

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound strange, but hear me out. I'm posting here because I can't make a new thread.

About a week ago I got an email saying "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE" from GameStop. Someone apparently used my rewards account or email to buy Battlefield V for PS4. They didn't use my credit card, just my email address. I have no idea how this happened, but somebody in Duluth, MN accidentally bought me this game. I do not know anyone in Duluth, MN so this isn't a gift from someone.

I spent two days trying to get GameStop to answer the phone, but was on hold for two hours each time before I gave up; all I wanted was for this poor guy who may share my name to get his game! I also went in to my local store, and they told me they can't do anything about it.

So here's the deal: I BELIEVE I have a fully functioning BFV download code for PS4 and I don't want the game. I'll sell it to someone here for $20: we can do the transaction through PM and use some kind of honor system so neither person gets screwed here.

First to reply gets dibs.
You can always post it here as well https://www.resetera.com/threads/buy-sell-trade-thread-2018-read-the-new-rules-in-the-op.454/

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I know the patch notes were huge but I just dont feel like the experience is all that different. Positives are you can change your specializations in game now which was one of my big gripes, beyond that though for me personally thats kinda where the positives end. The new map from the two times I played it seems "unfinished", or simply uninteresting. It kinda looks like a map that someone with average skills would make in a map creator. Giant flat land with some random sheds here and there.

I enjoy playing the game to an extent. Hit rank 50, got 2 classes to 20 with both having the golden version of the weapon I enjoy using. You can just tell that this game was simply not ready for prime time and putting out a laundry list of fixes is great an all but maybe they shouldnt have had to do so much post launch patching in the first place? I put the blame entirely on EA, to an extra DICE since they decided to get in bed with EA. But I do believe DICE had a vision and was able to come close to achieving it with this game cause it shines in some areas but is frustrating in others. As long as EA has a boot to their throat I fear we will always be getting these half baked releases that take months and months to get back on track to resemble what the original vision was.

Sales are obviously down and whether people want to acknowledge it or not it is going to have a big impact on the future support of this game and probably force their hand at making yet another Battlefield game to get the franchise back on track. I want to be wrong but signs are pointing to this being the case.

Oh glad to see the KE7 and instadeath is still prominent in the game, what a farce

Nothing feels any different after the patch. Still the same issues, jank, etc. I seem to have this new issue where I can't fire my panzer for a few after I switch to it. I can't tell if this is a stealth nerf or just more jank nonsense.

My enjoyment of the game rose for a while when it came out and is now just cratering. Game was clearly released way too early. What a fucking wasted opportunity BF5 is.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Definitely runs noticeable better on my RTX. The first Billy Bridger level (which seemed most demanding of the ones in the trial) I had been getting 40 to 55 fps at 1440p. Now I'm getting more like 50 to 65.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Man I spent 2400 coins in a chrome sight and it is still greyed out... pretty sure I bought it twice too.
Nvm. Had to exit match.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quitting after a match still takes a year too

Edit:

Lmao, tried to quit out after a match, got stuck on quitting, hit Cancel, got stuck on an infinite load loop

Game's still in beta

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, is that 50% sale really done already? Maybe it was a mistake? Thought I'd grab it since my premier sub runs out in a couple days, but it only shows the generic 10% discount. boo.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So annoying to see 70% of the entire team playing TDM on conquest from time to time. Tried to play a match before its time to sleep and boy am i pissed now ...lol

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
As an extremely aggressive player, I also tend to charge objectives. Problem is that as soon as you're within 50m, you run into all the MMG campers.

Sadly what I find myself having to do is hunt down the MMG/sniper players myself with countersniping and then running in by myself and hoping my squad spawns on me.
One must encircle the outer edges of the objective as a pattern, creating a swirl. That's how I roll and it's helped me slow down.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
These last assignments are hard. haha. 10 prone headshot kills in 1 life, or 20 over a match. Im sure I can do 20 in a match, but it might take a while. Haha.

I hear that. I'm trying to get 20 kills in one round while defending a flag. I've got to be within the small boundary of the flag, and try to get these kills before we win/lose. It's been a tough go.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
So annoying to see 70% of the entire team playing TDM on conquest from time to time. Tried to play a match before its time to sleep and boy am i pissed now ...lol

I'm a big conquest player, but have switched over to Breakthrough for now. I find team work is more prevalent in BT, and people really play to their class' strengths.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
So what is the most effective way to report every player who finds creative spellings for the 'N' word in chat?
Also, I'm disappointed that people can still type "retarded" without it getting ******** out.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Tides of War is active but it's not working properly. I already completed the "Self-Healing" Assingment in a prior match, got the XP, and now it's telling me I need to do it again...

EDIT: After restarting the game, Tides seems to be working properly again.

Last edited:

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
The no repair challenge of the first mission of The Last Tiger stays unchecked. Even tho I did it without repair.
Funny thing is, the challenge is checked from the very beginning of the mission. help :c

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I actually enjoyed The Last Tiger. Action was meh, but the story telling was great imo.

Also:

Fuck Schroeder

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Why can I not view traits for combat roles? I go to select a different combat role and it says something like "traits no available in combined arms." Anyone know what that means?

Arcadia

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
England
Just played my first few games of MP and am blown away as to how good this is.

Genuinely good fun, it just feels more fluid than BF1.

I'm going to play the shit out of this for the next 2 years.

Great job DICE.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
After the update I'm still getting the never-ending loading screen at the end of matches on PC.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Rtx perf at 4k w/ 2080Ti still not where it needs to be for it to be playable imo. Good progress though.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I hear that. I'm trying to get 20 kills in one round while defending a flag. I've got to be within the small boundary of the flag, and try to get these kills before we win/lose. It's been a tough go.

The the Support one? It sounds familiar. I remember one like that being pretty rough, haha. Lots of Frontlines I think helped.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
So the chat pop up doesn't appear anymore for me. Team communications should be even more amazing now

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Rtx perf at 4k w/ 2080Ti still not where it needs to be for it to be playable imo. Good progress though.

It's not 60? What's your reso scaling?

All I wanted was beyond 60; I'm getting a fairly stable 80ish with some dips and some spikes and it's been great. Extremely, extremely impressive IMO.

SszYSAh.jpg

PT4ZlE0.jpg

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So not only do they force you to download newer drivers to play, even if you don't have RTX, but the patch actually mkaes performance worse? That's wild. I have since the day the deluxe edition was playable, never had performance drops like i did tonight. I've had to drop my resolution scale from 90% at 4K to 80% to get similar frame-times and no drops again...

I hope this isn't going to be a pattern with BFV. Just to be sure it wasn't entirely the fault of new drivers, i re-benchmarked Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odyssey but performance stayed the same for them. DICE pls.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It's not 60? What's your reso scaling?

All I wanted was beyond 60; I'm getting a fairly stable 80ish with some dips and some spikes and it's been great. Extremely, extremely impressive IMO.

SszYSAh.jpg

PT4ZlE0.jpg

I played Rotterdam all ultra at 90 res scaling at 4k hdr, felt 45-50ish. Guess I could try high settings with a lower res scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.