• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I played Rotterdam all ultra at 90 res scaling at 4k hdr, felt 45-50ish. Guess I could try high settings with a lower res scaling.

Felt? Are you not using some manner of overlay?! I'd suggest tracking it and tweaking it, but I'm flat out with an 8700K/2080Ti and am typically in the 80s. I've done Narvik and Arras so far.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
So not only do they force you to download newer drivers to play, even if you don't have RTX, but the patch actually mkaes performance worse? That's wild. I have since the day the deluxe edition was playable, never had performance drops like i did tonight. I've had to drop my resolution scale from 90% at 4K to 80% to get similar frame-times and no drops again...

I hope this isn't going to be a pattern with BFV. Just to be sure it wasn't entirely the fault of new drivers, i re-benchmarked Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odyssey but performance stayed the same for them. DICE pls.

My performance is actually better. So I guess it just depends on ones setup.

olimpia84

Nov 1, 2017
Tampa Bay
Not playing this as much as I should but feel free to add me. Hoping to run into some of the old GAF clan and kick butt like we always did.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
FYI "Kill 1 enemies with stationary weapons" appears to be bugged. It's the last one I need to unlock the gun for this week. Womp Womp.

I checked Reddit and folks are having the same issue.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
BTW if you are having issues with the first assignment heal yourself 10x, restart the game. That appeared to solve the issue for me..Just for that assignment itself. I havent gotten to the other assignments and had time to play around.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
wtf is the counter against tanks now? they seem impossible to kill as long as the driver is even mildly competent now. really frustrating

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Still not getting my missing Mastery assignments after the patch :(

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
"Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from registry. recently. Please try again later. "

What the fuck is this? Reinstalled Origin and the game and still the same thing.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Still have yet to play the new patch, but just watched a video how the practice range is very limited and that was exactly what I was not hoping was the case. I wanted to be able to try out specializations and shit like that to see how recoil was affected, etc. etc. Oh well, maybe it will be improved.
Am not going to play tonight as if I do I will be up later than I should, so waiting until tomorrow. I figure it should be a smoother experience as well.

Also really hoping they bring that 50% off deal back to the PC version. I posted earlier in this thread my frustration with the overall Conquest experience on the X-Box, and I am hopeful it will be a little bit better on PC. And at that price I will double dip for sure.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
So tides of war is essentially assignments that have to be completed within a couple weeks to unlock a gun or whatever?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone ELI5 how every other fighter in the game seems to be able to turn on a dime and pull these insanely tight loops but no matter what I do it feels like I am flying through molasses? I have tried every combination of braking and accelerating during turns and nothing seems to be working. What's the secret? Because I literally had a dude's plane ON FIRE in front of me and he still pulled this stupidly tight loop and then he was behind me?

I was using the fighter / light plane which is supposed to be the most maneuverable, so what gives?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So tides of war is essentially assignments that have to be completed within a couple weeks to unlock a gun or whatever?
Its weekly. So its different each week. DICE mention something about players being able to unlock that rewards if they cant play during that week. No details as of now I think.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Menus are a LOT more buggy now on PS4. Character models just straight up don't even load sometimes when editing my company.

Pre-patch you'd get a few seconds of the textures loading in but it really wasn't that big of a deal. Just feels sluggish now

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
The practice range is really weird. For such a tactical game why is the practice range arcady? Am i missing something?

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how the shooting range challenge thing works. There's no way to end it? What's the point of the scores? I got to round 102 and just had to let the timer run out to end it, I was hoping there would be a leaderboard or something but it seems to just go infinitely and the score just goes up forever, so you could have any score you want if you're bored enough to just not quit.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This wasnt really fair, but I guess when stuff is client side things like this happen.

Also, how do I record battlefield with shadowplay with higher than 720p resolution?
No matter if I put shadowplay to record resolution auto or 1440p its always 720p, no problem in other games.

Last edited:

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
elenarie hi, will DICE add M/KB support for consoles ?
I want to throw knives more aggressive

Pc having time of their lifes with unlimited sprint, CoD like Gunplay, 36000 DPI .

Its like battlefront 2 now. good to look at but a pain to enjoy

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Did they fix the camping arty truck problem of bf1

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to include specialization and an unlimited ammo option into Practice Range. I like Practice range it's a neat addition it just needs some improvments.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was an option to get rid of the Union Jack and Iron Cross plastered on the weapons.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Found this. I've had those latency symbols pop up intermittently in multiple BF games and I've never really seen any solutions to fix on our end.
Edit: Pic isn't showing after insert. How does I do this??? Yay! I did it. From Reddit:
N6VoFlw.png
Thanks good sir! Solved a mystery for me.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine Fortification in battle royale mode. Maybe it will work there
It works already when needed.
Today in Fjell few people held D forever in the end, i was just rebuilding all the walls so enemies had to destroy it or go around.
If they went around i had mines there etc.
It was the best defence I have in BFV so far.

Infantry mines + drilling = they shall not pass

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Practice range is pretty worthless atm, can't use your own loadout guns and limited to only 2 tanks and planes on the map. The target practice with waves also never ends and is a snoozefest after a while because it just repeats over and over again.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still enjoying myself after the initial honeymoon session, but the flaws are starting to show

First off, you guys were right about dummy teammates, good lord. 90% of my team make no attempt to capture points in Conquest

Perhaps I'm not too great with SMGs, but the Medic class seems almost useless when most firefights are at a longer range

Weapon customization screen is a complete mess

The maps are gorgeous, but aren't grabbing from a design perspective

Even with flaws, this one still feels so much better, mechanically speaking, than any of DICE's post BF4 efforts. I don't have to awkwardly lean my shots like in Battlefront, nor have to suffer overdone recoil in BF1. The shooting model here is perfect.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
So the whole tree for Tides of War is bugged for me now since getting to Hold the Fort. I tried the medic branch and nothing is tracking.

So that's fun.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Honestly, what are the points of fortifications. Seem entirely useless!

Its harder to take people out from defending a point because now there are walls blocking LoS against small arms fire where there werent any previously. There's barbed wire blocking entry points for infantry units that you normally can run into. Theres sandbags and fox holes where support units can use their LMG's and mow down infantry. There are hedgehogs now where tanks could easily drive through before. Its not so much meant to stop people from taking the point but slow down the attackers and force them to spend their explosive resources in a place where they can't easily resupply them and give defenders a better chance of repelling them.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Did they fix the camping arty truck problem of bf1

Nope. Current tank meta is to use AA tanks and camp on the edge of the maps. The last few days (pre-update, maybe it's different now) I haven't seen a single actual tank, let alone one anywhere near a flag.

Though I haven't played the new map yet, maybe tank gameplay is fun with the maps opened up a bit.

Last edited:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Did SLRs get nerfed? RSC is a pretty consistent 3-shot kill now. It was 2 shots last night.

Alcohog

Apr 18, 2018
What's the deal with the tides of war 'kill 1 enemy with a stationary weapon'? I killed several with a mounted gun and I didn't earn it. So you have to build one yourself? If so how do you even do that? Haven't played support much.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
What's the deal with the tides of war 'kill 1 enemy with a stationary weapon'? I killed several with a mounted gun and I didn't earn it. So you have to build one yourself? If so how do you even do that? Haven't played support much.

You build them the same way you build other fortifications, you just need to be support.

Status
Not open for further replies.