Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

Dec 20, 2017
So who’s right here? I assume DICE’s stream is the most accurate info.

Regardless, we might want to wait for confirmation / clarification before burning down any houses.
They said in the official stream that there will be other ways of getting the rewards after ToW ends. How much more clarification do you need? The only one saying anything else is Edge, who seems supremely salty at the game and just venting as far as I can tell.

Oct 25, 2017
They said in the official stream that there will be other ways of getting the rewards after ToW ends. How much more clarification do you need? The only one saying anything else is Edge, who seems supremely salty at the game and just venting as far as I can tell.
Oh, I don’t personally need more clarification. I would appreciate it “in writing,” but I’m fine with it nonetheless.

Check that if you want the confirmation, its there somewhere: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344229294
There you go Edge et al.

Nov 1, 2017
Everything being locked behind high coin prices is a sign for micro transaction. I know they said you won't be able to buy weapons etc with real money but no one said you won't be able to buy coins. How else will they make money now since they already sell the game for -50%.

Oct 25, 2017
Everything being locked behind high coin prices is a sign for micro transaction. I know they said you won't be able to buy weapons etc with real money but no one said you won't be able to buy coins. How else will they make money now since they already sell the game for -50%.
Origin Access Premier and cosmetics.

Also—are actual weapons locked behind coins? Or just skills/specializations and skins?

Oct 25, 2017
Had a pretty great night 1 with Tides of War. Had Field of Tanks show up in Conquest rotation twice, and enjoyed the tug of war. Going to try and finish off week 1 today before Smash hits.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017
They kinda did though.

I think it's fairly clear from that image that real money is used to buy "Battlefield Currency" which is then used to buy cosmetic items and nothing else. I can understand the complaint that cosmetic items cost too much Company Coin, but if this is their idea for monetization for the foreseeable future then I'm willing to accept that.

Dec 18, 2017
Well, yeah.

What do you think is funding the development of Tides of War? Good intentions doesn't pay a studio's wages.

Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with skin prices personally. They don't give anyone a competitive advantage so I don't mind if I can't afford some skins in-game. Beats having to grind to be able to afford actual in-game characters like in Siege.

Nov 2, 2017
EST
you cant choose your premade loadouts. Wasnt that the whole point of this thing? Loading in and being able to test the stuff you set up with your class?

I agree with him, its half assed.
Thanks. I thought preloads were gonna be available as well. I haven’t had a chance to give it a try it yet.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The TTD is starting to piss me off. I have zero feedback about being shot and boom, 1 shot and im dead. Also the KE7 is still a monster.

Oct 27, 2017
Medic crates should be marked visually on screen so players know it's there (in a certain radius) I don't remember any indication of them other than just stumbling over them randomly.
lmao I was literally shooting at random teammates to get their attention, spotting the crate for them to pick up a medkit just so I could get the task done. I feel like Dice should just implement an auto pick up from the med/ammo crates if you run over it or by proximity.

It was nice getting healed and stocked up on ammo, since everyone was forced to do it for the tides of war task. I hope it leaves an everlasting impression on the people planning to stay long term, so we can have competent players in squads especially If you're playing solo for a night.

Scouts dont even realize they have the best piece of equipment in the came with spawn beacons, I hope tides of war task changes that shit asap.

Nov 1, 2017
They kinda did though.

I think it's fairly clear from that image that real money is used to buy "Battlefield Currency" which is then used to buy cosmetic items and nothing else. I can understand the complaint that cosmetic items cost too much Company Coin, but if this is their idea for monetization for the foreseeable future then I'm willing to accept that.
Well we had this discussion before and while I agree with you (we will be able to buy coins with real money) people argued that since there is no connection between real world money and company coins this won't happen. I disagree though.

Dec 20, 2017
Tired of Conquest.
People just play this like TDM.
Played 1 game , team losing a flag, and 2 team members camping close to it and dont even move to try capture the flag.
And medics, 2-3m and run away and no revive lmao.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with this game. It's decent but it's just not grabbing me the way past games have. I've put 20 hours into it, enough to feel like I at least got somewhat of my money's worth out of it. Maybe I'll be back for Firestorm.

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, where are these 5 stationary weapons I need to build? Most of them are already built when the round starts.
Can you destroy it and build it again? Someone had already built the snowman on Narvik. So I just destroyed it, built it again, and completed the challenge. It might work for stationary weapons too.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with this game. It's decent but it's just not grabbing me the way past games have. I've put 20 hours into it, enough to feel like I at least got somewhat of my money's worth out of it. Maybe I'll be back for Firestorm.
I think this will be a "play for a week and trade back into GS for what I paid for it" game too

I'm enjoying the game despite the state it's in, but I don't imagine that either a large player base will stick around or that DICE will be quick enough with their updates. They have always moved at a snail's pace when it comes to post launch support, even when it was paid content.

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, where are these 5 stationary weapons I need to build? Most of them are already built when the round starts.
On aerodrome (conquest), there's one between A and C and another between B and C. Both stationary turrets are facing towards C.

A way to check to whether a stationary weapon is near is if you bust out your fortification tool, the symbols will appear on your minimap (this works for supply stations as well).

Jan 4, 2018
I definitely don't get how the paradrop perk for the Blenheim MK I is supposed to work.

Nobody (except squad members) is spawning on my airplane to paradrop into the battlefield.
And when I have a squad member spawning on my Blenheim as the turret gunner and he decides to leave my airplane, it's the classic exit animation which takes a few seconds to jump out of the plane. Nothing special.

I though this perk was going to transform my Blenheim like the airplanes during Airbone on Grand Operations... It would have been so cool.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this game is on 50% sale if you own a previous title. I *just* bought the game from Best Buy, so that's sad.

I'm enjoying the game because it's fairly addictive to keep everyone alive. I still disagree with the disemphasis on vehicle combat to prop up soldier combat to compete with CoD. BF2 was the last real BF game.