• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure 3 is the maximum you can have on the field at a time. If you respawn ( or get new one with ammo crates, support can refill rocket/mines with crate too but not with pouch ), putting a 4th mine will make the first one disapear and so on.

AT and AP limit is separate, so you can have 3 of each on the field at the same time.

Lovely, thanks.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all the challenges in Week 1 last night. Point C on Aerodrome CQ is perfect for the medical crate. I kept dropping them in the hallways and finished it in one match.

Loving this game so damn much.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
rumours of me quitting the game after last night have been exaggerated.

I unlocked the STG 44 on my last game last night. Fucking thing shreds I'll play for a bit longer...

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I am getting really tired of every game being a blowout for one side or the other. You either get destroyed or you are the one destroying.

It sucks alot of the fun out of the game.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
About that "Kill an enemy get spotted" thing, I think a better solution would be allowing downed players to place a marker, pointing whers's the threat to the nearby players. It removes the 3D spotting, making it go along with the usual spotting of the game, while still making players move into the hunting game

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Played The Last Tiger. Was worth the wait. Love how it rewards you with diamond Selbstlader for Medic Class at the end . Just go and complete the best story in a battlefield game ever

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Probably should have played the objectives a little bit smarter but phew. The MG 34 is just insane

oFTL2bb.png

Died like three times in a row at the end because the game wouldn't let me deploy my bipod buuuuut still pretty solid. Don't even think I hit that many kills in Conquest on Assault hmmmm

Oct 25, 2017
Had my best conquest match to date, and surprisingly it was on Hamada. Went 34-5, was squad leader playing an aggressive Recon with the gehwehr, used the spotting scope before getting close to objectives, racked a ton of spot assists, got the most captures, highest kdr, even got my first 5+ multikill with the rocket. Would have had the best score but some other person on the other team had 42 kills.

The other team couldn't have been too bad because we barely won with 9 tickets to go.

Oh and the gehwehr proficiency II assignment is bugged. I got credited for kills while prone, but I don't think I went prone once. Not really complaining though.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Had my best conquest match to date, and surprisingly it was on Hamada. Went 34-5, was squad leader playing an aggressive Recon with the gehwehr, used the spotting scope before getting close to objectives, racked a ton of spot assists, got the most captures, highest kdr, even got my first 5+ multikill with the rocket. Would have had the best score but some other person on the other team had 42 kills.

The other team couldn't have been too bad because we barely won with 9 tickets to go.

Oh and the gehwehr proficiency II assignment is bugged. I got credited for kills while prone, but I don't think I went prone once. Not really complaining though.

Bold: happening before the patch too. At least in Recon class assigments

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Planes one shotting in Fjell is the worst. Everyone using B109 and just camping plane spawns the entire game. AA does so little damage to them even when Dead on.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Are they EVER gonna fix the "You have to finish the round in order for your progress to count" bullshit?

Sick and tired of leaving games only to see that the shit I LITERALLY JUST DID did not count towards my progress.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I... have discovered machine guns. If you're in position and have a bipod down then you can easily mow down 3-4 guys before they even realise. Crazy.

Side note: using the bipod sucks. Half the time it doesn't even deploy. Other times your character will kinda just slide for no reason and the bipod will stop working. I very much a have a love hate relationship right now

This is gonna be all you see with the spotting bug fixed next week. Without those death spots, supports are going to kill entire teams before people can respond.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
As far as I know they pretty much removed the catch up mechanic so you better get used to lopsided matches again. Yay, that is so much fun /s

The closest match I have had so far unless I am forgetting one is a 98 - 0 win on Rotterdam.

A large difference in the scores in legacy conquest (which this game uses) does not equal a lopsided game. A heavily lopsided game is shown by a large difference AND a very short round length.

In BF1's Conquest scoring a difference of 98 was pretty dramatic, but under normal Conquest scoring it's really not that big a gap, especially with the comeback mechanic.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Since Microsoft announced M/KB support for Xbox.....it all makes sense now. Thebrokenmachine is not on PS4. Its just the layout holy fuck. So thats why the crappy quality

EDit: naah he is just playing well

M/KB support for console will forever be my single pet peeve in gaming. Not even kidding. Its utterly shameful that its even allowed.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Just completed the assignment Class Completion, it rewards 20K XP.

I got zero..

Can't believe how buggy this game is.

The assignments/challenges are shoddy but that one rewards Chapter XP that works on your ToW rank rather than XP that increases your class rank or whatever it's called. Is that what happened or did it just reward fuck all?

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
The assignments/challenges are shoddy but that one rewards Chapter XP that works on your ToW rank rather than XP that increases your class rank or whatever it's called. Is that what happened or did it just reward fuck all?

Fuck all, with the game being so buggy I decided to screenshot my current rank and XP before completing the final task in the assignment. I then compared the numbers with the one after completion and it barely went up.

Career : 12,831 > 13,128
Overture : 15,348 > 16,539

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to try the MG42 so I don't constantly use the m30 on support.

Ended up with something like 27-5 and that's only because I sometime decided to stop camping... and that's with a non upgraded MG42 ( so only 50 ammo before reloading ).

Felt like the only thing making that weapon kinda balanced is that the bipod work only 30% of the time.

electristan

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Really liking this game more and more. The pacing and the flow are more interesting that the run and gun i felt the last few have promoted.

Being a little more patient then i have been in prior BF, together with making my mouse sensitivity 60% when zoomed in has made a huge difference the last hours of play. this change alone has moved me from a 1.5 k/d to a 2.5 k/d (and yes its not all about that, i still play the objectives :) )

Have also had great luck with squads actually working together a bit, feels so good

battlefieldvscreensho6ge9j.png

battlefieldvscreenshol2e57.png

battlefieldvscreenshoici7e.png

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should i get this game for 35?

I think it's the most satisfying Battlefield at launch mechanically speaking since... Battlefield 3, maybe? It's just a bit light on content and has some jank, but both will likely be fixed with time. For 35 you still get dozens, possibly hundreds of hours of exciting multiplayer if that's what you're looking for. The campaign is only a few hours long so if that's where you want to spend your time and ignore multiplayer, I say you should wait longer.

Oct 29, 2017
Should i get this game for 35?

Yeah, its worth it. There are a few more random deaths due to spotting being nerfed to oblivion and its easier just to hide in piles of rubble than before but its better than BF1 already in my mind. The weapons feel accurate and snappy, which was sorely lacking from BF1 IMO. My biggest gripe so far is the maps though; havent found one that really stands out yet.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So the next map content is Feb or March time? Don't get me wrong, I like new SP content and coop modes etc but game needs more maps.

Jomatto

Oct 25, 2017
About that "Kill an enemy get spotted" thing, I think a better solution would be allowing downed players to place a marker, pointing whers's the threat to the nearby players. It removes the 3D spotting, making it go along with the usual spotting of the game, while still making players move into the hunting game

You already can place a marker when you're down. It won't show up on your screen, but my squad mates confirmed it. Not sure if it's still the case after the patch though.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
i did not enjoy Battlefield One, will i enjoy this? Loved bad company, Battlefield 3,4, hardline.
Chunkiest shooting in the series. I think you'll like it. For reference, I preordered Battlefield 1 Premium and spent less than 4 hours total because I hated it that much.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I had a sequence on Devastation where I am pretty much 100% sure I was invisible just like someone else mentioned in here recently. The enemies were walking into me without shooting and at one point I revived my friend directly in front of an enemy and they didn't shoot me lol. They killed my friend as soon as he was revived though. RIP.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Only once since I've been playing this game have I seen a proper postgame screen where it shows the XP going towards your career rank (and other things), and that was yesterday.

Enilced2

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way people have found to get Tides of War challenges working? It's recording no progress past the first self heal challenge for me

Oct 25, 2017
I completed 3 tasks on an assignment, but during the match, it reset one of them. I got so pissed off that I thought I didn't get it, but the rewards showed up in the armory after all.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way people have found to get Tides of War challenges working? It's recording no progress past the first self heal challenge for me

For me, not even the first challenge (heal yourself 10 times) is working. Played two matches today, but progress still shows 0/10.

Pretty annoying and frustrating, so I quit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.