• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
This reminds me of the original Rainbow 6. Talk about a hardcore shooter. 2 bullets is all it took and you were out for the round. The new one is a little better based on my limited experience with it, but it seems like that's the place to go for the hardcore shooter crowd, not creating a separate playlist for a game that may not sustain its playerbase based on the number of bugs that still need fixing.
That's why making too many core gameplay changes too soon after launch is a not a good idea IMO. You have a new game release and a bunch of new players pick it up that have no relevance to how the core game has worked in previous titles. That group complains because it's not this or that, DICE tries to add or delete whatever gameplay features this new group doesn't like and that's how the core gameplay changes and then the new players get tired of the game, they leave, and the usual BF veterans are left to pick up the pieces 6 months- 1 year after release playing a game that may have fundamental gameplay changes with input from a user group that invested little to no time in the game. Vent over.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Assignments have good and bad side for gameplay, some of the stuff sure tells people "hey you can heal and give ammo to people, or build these covers here"
But then there is also those "get 20 kills while prone, 60m or more" of course that kind of assignments are hard to do and people try to do them, while being useless because game teaches so.

In general I think, honestly now, most people are very bad and simple minded players, I mean most games these days are really simple, dont have to think about anything, no skill level, no skill ceiling, just press button and things happen.
You can see this in almost every match of BF, people just camp, doesnt push, sit in some corner with their MG/LMG fearing that someone might kill them and lose their 1KD.
When game comes that might need you to do something, they ignore most of the things they can do because they are used to simple gaming.

But Dice is to blame too, they should explain game mechanics and things, there barely is anything explained anywhere outside few tutorial vids to show gamemode and assigments.
I just today learned that as medic you can press the spotting button on some downed teammate to tell them you are coming to save them, while you do this you get that speed boost that the basic medic skill gives, that is not explained anywhere you could do that.
There's definitely some blame on both sides for sure, and Dice is going to have to tweak the game to hell to get players to you know play the game right. It's been an on going battle for BF games especially on console, but 5 is faulting the most since it has such a huge emphasis on squad/objective play. People just need to realize you'll get your high kill ratio and high leaderboard rank if you just play the damn objective, use your support equipment, and are a competent FPS player.

Still think they should just make the crates auto heal/pick up within a small radius around the crate. Not worth teaching casuals to look down and hit X/square.

Also would like them to have a simple way to play with more friends outside of the 4 in your squad aka multi squad party, especially since playing with random casuals just isn't cutting it right now.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You dont really have to look down tho. I run over it alot of times and hit X.
I am fine what they will do with it tho. Doesnt matter to me. But i think the visibilty is more a problem then people not understanding it. When they do understand stations.
The crates sinking into the ground doesn't help and then them not showing on the radar just makes it worse. When you see people walk over them without using 'em it's probably because they didn't look down lol. If they showed on the mini map that would be less of an issue.

When I'm playing with my friend we have to spot our ammo/med crates for each other sometimes because we can't find them.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Right bumper if memory serves. You could do this in BF1 as well.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. You learn something new every day! I agree with making changes too early, btw. I think it doesn't allow time for the core player base, the ones that will be there in 6 months, to get their bearings on how to play, especially if they leave until the bugs are fixed and then the gameplay is entirely different the next time they log on.

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say it, I prefer bf1. I went back to it earlier after playing v for a bit.

I'm a tad disappointed. The maps don't help either

Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of crates, I don't like the idea of magic boxes. BF1 had them that way, and all it did was get people to huddle together and slow down pushing objectives. Add in the nade spam in that game, and it was not an enjoyable experience.

I like the way BFV does it now where a player has to actively do the action of replenishing ammo and health packs. It's not about realism, but more of getting the player to actually think about his/her next move.

DICE just needs to fix the visibility and the "sinking" bug, and I think it'll be in a good place.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
On the topic of crates, I don't like the idea of magic boxes. BF1 had them that way, and all it did was get people to huddle together and slow down pushing objectives. Add in the nade spam in that game, and it was not an enjoyable experience.

I like the way BFV does it now where a player has to actively do the action of replenishing ammo and health packs. It's not about realism, but more of getting the player to actually think about his/her next move.

DICE just needs to fix the visibility and the "sinking" bug, and I think it'll be in a good place.

Has anyone confirmed that the sinking bug is visible to other players as well, or only to the one who threw the crate? I ask because I threw a crate and all but the lid disappeared, yet someone used it and I got credit for it.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
They really need to balance out the weapons, sick of getting sniped by LMGs. Dunno if I like the change to the mini map and kill spots.

Also getting real fed up of shots clipping into the ground while prone/crouched, so many times my sniper shots are missed because its hitting invisible objects/walls yet the person I'm fighting has an easy chance to head shot me.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see the ttk changes

The ttk does feel too fast IMO. Shouldnt be bf1 ttk, but an extra bullet or 2 (at long range) should be fine

I still wish they could address improving grand ops and conquest. I still really hope they will consider finding ways to encourage defending flags.

Adding more squad leader depth, reinforcements, etc would go a long way.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I don't have problems with the TTK and TTD (don't even know the difference lol).

I HAVE problems with
- missing assignments and assignments which do not track
- no autobalancing
- squads are locked by default

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's like everything they try to do to get people to play together and use the different systems, people refuse to adapt. Evident by nobody bother picking up med packs by medics or building ammo/med stations at fresh objectives. I had a random screaming in the mic today bitching about not having any ammo, but he was literally camped over a buildable supply station.

Recon players..For the love of god, at least be semi useful and put down a respawn beacon when we're attacking/defending objectives, so we're not stuck spawning at home base if everyone decides to die lol. You have one of the best pieces of equipment in the game, and don't bother ever using it. You get points for using the damn thing. You went 20k/4d, but you're stuck at the bottom 3rd of the leaderboard because you refuse to do anything around the objective.

Medics...Stop trying to sniper people with the Sten and use the shit out of your smoke grenades to push objectives. The hip fire accuracy on pretty much all of the guns, can wipe a whole squad up close. Batman smoke the damn objective area and go to town with the 50 round drum mag. People will be to busy trying to ADS shoot you, while you just hold down the fire button and shred them, while being able to heal yourself quickly after fights. Don't brother with frag/fire grenades, they're useless in 5. Equip smokes and smoke rifle for a total of 5 smokes after a supply pick up. Every win on breakthrough and grad ops bomb runs comes from competent medics.

I'm glad the tides of war assignments pretty much make classes use their equipment, otherwise people would never bother. There are all these systems in the game, but everyone is currently just caught up in the shooting.

I hope overtime things continue to change for the better, because this is the most strategic and satisfying BF that I've played in a long time.

Please Dice squash these bugs ASAP lol.

People are just determined to be bad at this game. Outside of all the bugs and nonsense Dice does, this is the thing that kills it. Medics refuse to heal, supports don't give ammo, no one spots, people ignore manual spots with the commo button, squadmates don't heal or spawn on you when you're single capping a flag, etc.

All people care about it trying to get a kill, and they can't even do that. Good job, guy. You didn't do anything else the entire round, but your 6 and 17 helped us lose by only 400 tickets. Thank god you were there to help.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
People are just determined to be bad at this game. Outside of all the bugs and nonsense Dice does, this is the thing that kills it. Medics refuse to heal, supports don't give ammo, no one spots, people ignore manual spots with the commo button, squadmates don't heal or spawn on you when you're single capping a flag, etc.

All people care about it trying to get a kill, and they can't even do that. Good job, guy. You didn't do anything else the entire round, but your 6 and 17 helped us lose by only 400 tickets. Thank god you were there to help.

This is why I stop playing Battlefield games. It's real good with a squad, but 80% of people that play are beyond horrid.

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
Gotta say it, I prefer bf1. I went back to it earlier after playing v for a bit.

I certainly don't, here's why:
- Random bullet deviation had you miss shots where you were standing still, aiming a DMR at some dude's head and the game decides that today's not the day
- Gas nade spam, the god damn gas nade spam
- Cavalry class taking literally 20 DMR shots to the chest and head without even flinching
- Behemoths were lame and fairly pointless
- The absolutely stupid elite classes that no one knew to bayonet charge, ever
- Argonne Forest is one of the shittiest maps in BF history, yet everyone voted for it because hurr durr shoot down choke gun make cool sound

I guess if you can look past all that bs, it was a fairly enjoyable game. I couldn't and literally counted down the days for BFV's early access so I could uninstall that dumpster fire of a game :D

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I had around 100h in BF 1. I'm already at ~90h in BF V. Sure, I enjoyed my time in BF 1, but even with all the bugs and lack of content BF V has. I'd pick it over BF 1 any day.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah getting bored of LMG:s... why are they so strong?? There should be some downside to them, like more recoil or lower movement speed?!?!
But no they are like SMG:s with tiny bit worse hipfire, a ton more dmg and a ton more accurate ADS:ing.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Medics...Stop trying to sniper people with the Sten and use the shit out of your smoke grenades to push objectives. The hip fire accuracy on pretty much all of the guns, can wipe a whole squad up close. Batman smoke the damn objective area and go to town with the 50 round drum mag. People will be to busy trying to ADS shoot you, while you just hold down the fire button and shred them, while being able to heal yourself quickly after fights. Don't brother with frag/fire grenades, they're useless in 5. Equip smokes and smoke rifle for a total of 5 smokes after a supply pick up. Every win on breakthrough and grad ops bomb runs comes from competent medics.

Smoke is enormously underappreciated by the community. It's not just useful for covering revives, the most common use. They're just as useful for breaking MMG camping and disorientating defending enemies as your team assaults a capture point. This is particularly useful on maps with open lines of sight on efficient camping positions, like the rail line on Rotterdam. Punt a smoke grenade at the enemy and they'll be forced to move their position. It might not kill them, or damage them at all, but breaking their cosy little defensive position forcing their movement and breaking their line of sight is an extremely effective tactic.

Most of my best medic runs have revolved around this tactic. Disorientate with smoke, push ahead hard, and keep to the side of the main assault picking off disorientated enemies and those trying to get around the smoke. Medic really shines here as the enemy cant see shit, and you're right on top of them with an SMG.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think they should add in a smoke reinforcement.

Lay down a barrage of smoke rounds on the battlefield.

Would be nice to see something other than a V-1 or JB-2.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah getting bored of LMG:s... why are they so strong?? There should be some downside to them, like more recoil or lower movement speed?!?!
But no they are like SMG:s with tiny bit worse hipfire, a ton more dmg and a ton more accurate ADS:ing.

The FG 42 is the only one that has some downsides. Noticeable recoil and 20 rounds.

The KE7 and Lewis are pretty much like lasers. There are no downsides to these weapons at all. Good damage, range, and mag size.

The Bren is garbage. Doesn't do that much damage, low ass RoF, and it has a big ass mag blocking your view. It's sad because the Bren is so iconic, yet sucks in this game.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The med crate def needs to be change in some way. Since the med crate doesnt really do much differences than the med packs. Atleast the ammo create does give you back gadgets.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017

Back today on Bf1 too, play 3 Operation match's and have a lot of fun. Still trying to understand why DICE kill the mode on BF:V.
Easily the best thing on BF1 with Frontlines.

same feeling about maps. BF1 base maps is way better than BF:V, imo
and some of them just badly designed for some game modes..

I dunno, I love me some Amiens.

Spam operation Kaiserschlacht just because Amiens :P

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

I mentioned a few pages back I'd love to see some type of actual balancing for lmgs. They're stupidly powerful. If someone goes prone with one, you're fucked. If they're standing, they can still hang with ARs and semi autos at range, and smgs up close if the medic isn't great. I've been support a lot recently to finish leveling it and I ran off something like 35 and 0 on Fjell before I got greedy and died with a handful of tickets left.

Smoke is enormously underappreciated by the community. It's not just useful for covering revives, the most common use. They're just as useful for breaking MMG camping and disorientating defending enemies as your team assaults a capture point. This is particularly useful on maps with open lines of sight on efficient camping positions, like the rail line on Rotterdam. Punt a smoke grenade at the enemy and they'll be forced to move their position. It might not kill them, or damage them at all, but breaking their cosy little defensive position forcing their movement and breaking their line of sight is an extremely effective tactic.

Most of my best medic runs have revolved around this tactic. Disorientate with smoke, push ahead hard, and keep to the side of the main assault picking off disorientated enemies and those trying to get around the smoke. Medic really shines here as the enemy cant see shit, and you're right on top of them with an SMG.

Smokes are amazing. Medics can control the entire flow of battle. Like you said, smoke an enemy line and you've scattered them or forced them to sit and wait to be overrun. Smoke and revive half a dozen guys. The problem is no one plays medic because they can't get sick no scopes from across the map. The ones that do, for some reason, are fucking terrified of getting near combat and flee in terror if they see a teammate go down, running off and never coming back.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
y6bmisf1ip321.jpg

thinking*

Oct 25, 2017
The med crate def needs to be change in some way. Since the med crate doesnt really do much differences than the med packs. Atleast the ammo create does give you back gadgets.

I think the idea is that it frees up the medic from having to spam the ammo pouch button. With a health crate, multiple people can replenish health and med packs at the same time, and can continue doing so even if the medic is no longer there. It's basically a mobile health supply station. All of those things make the crate much better than the pouch, but the problem is the people who need health aren't using it.

Yeah I agree that the ammo crate is significantly better than the ammo pouch, but I really don't like comparing that to the health crate. There's just so much more flexibility in ammo replenishment because of gadgets.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mentioned a few pages back I'd love to see some type of actual balancing for lmgs. They're stupidly powerful. If someone goes prone with one, you're fucked. If they're standing, they can still hang with ARs and semi autos at range, and smgs up close if the medic isn't great. I've been support a lot recently to finish leveling it and I ran off something like 35 and 0 on Fjell before I got greedy and died with a handful of tickets left.

Dont forget they compete with snipers too, if you try to snipe LMG/MMG you have 1 shot, if you miss that he is just gonna tap you forever with his laser.

Oct 25, 2017
Welp just had my worst game ever. Dying instantaneously from prone LMGs/MMGs, barely any damage feedback. Did the netcode get worse all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.