• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
My guess is that this will backfire on them so bad. They want casual players to stay/come back, but what will happen is the core players will slowly abandon the game.
Any word when it will go live today?

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't mind the TTK, but I'll hold judgement on the changes until I play it. I wouldn't mind another small increase in player visibility though.

What I do mind are the numerous bugs/fixes that make the game frustrating at times. I know they have indicated some of the specific fixes are in the works (bipod deployment), but I feel alot of these things should have been resolved before release. But I have yet to hear anything on the buggy assignment system. 2 of yesterdays dailies weren't registering for me (simple ones at that, 2 kills as assault and 2 kills as recon). I went on a rampage as assault with my mid-long range favorite M1A1 carbine and it didn't register anything for a whole game so I decided to try recon assignment; I barely play recon as it is (not my style) but I was able to rack up~10 kills with the starting weapon and it wasn't tracked. Got frustrated and logged off, came back on later that night and I was able to get them done.

Then there is the ToW assignments... I was one of the players who had a hard time just getting the first assignment to register and when it finally would show completed in game, back at the main screen it would be reset to 0. I finally completed/unlocked the weapon on Monday, but of course I had difficulty with the stationary weapon assignment (1 kill should be easy, right?) (I didn't even bother trying the health crate assignment). I load up a match of Rotterdam as support, head straight to lower side of A flag and build the Vickers facing the bridge, load up some sandbag protection and wait for enemies to make their way over. Mowed down about 9 enemies until a sniper from C flag area headshots me (nice shot). Nothing registered. A few matches later I'm in Narvik, happened to jump on the AA gun to help take down a pesky bomber and get a 'kill assist' with our fighter plane on the bombers tail. The assignment completes!

Add onto that, last night I couldn't get the xtra 30k xp for the damn snowman since fortifications are broken with the last patch. That 30k would have put me into the next level and unlocked the skin/camo for the new weapon.

The general combat, gunplay, game modes and (most) maps keep me coming back, but the numerous bugs (in since release, or added in last patch) are beginning to drive me crazy.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
SLRs truly in garbage tier now.
3 shots to kill, 5 round magazine... heh.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Preferring the lower TTK is fine, and I agree that this is just a bandaid on the core TTD problem which is likely netcode related.
That said, I really don't understand the logic of how a higher TTK is "lowering the skill ceiling". That seems completely backwards to me.
Higher TTK means that the person who aims better will win more often. How is that lowering the skill ceiling?

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Preferring the lower TTK is fine, and I agree that this is just a bandaid on the core TTD problem which is likely netcode related.
That said, I really don't understand the logic of how a higher TTK is "lowering the skill ceiling". That seems completely backwards to me.
Higher TTK means that the person who aims better will win more often. How is that lowering the skill ceiling?
Less emphasis on positioning, spotting, reaction, and crosshair placement. More emphasis on tracking, recoil management, and movement.
The former is more respected in FPS.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant connect to EA servers for BF V on my end. Weirdly, just watched a family member play a game on BF V on my console 10 min ago, after he exited, I went into my account and it hasnt logged in since then.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
SLRs truly in garbage tier now.
3 shots to kill, 5 round magazine... heh.
Its still a 2 shot kill if you hit the upper body, 3 shot kill if you hit lower body or limbs(still 2 shot kill if you hit limbs/lower body+head). It did make them alot less viable close range tough since its harder to be pinpoint accurate in hectic CQ situations=/

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fix this damn fortification system. How is this even possible? It's getting worse with every patch.

I dunno is it again different on different platforms, the last patch actually made building fortifications better, pc.
You build all the fortifications 1 step earlier but you see the building state being "stuck" until you move away so it builds it.
At least thats how it worked when I played yesterday, I was just building mega bases in instant like I was playing fortnite as support.
It normally takes 3 ticks to build sandbag wall it took just 2.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just some speculations:

The changes are going to push more people into support and recon. Players are going to want weapons with larger magazines now or the OHK.

Shotguns could be an issue. Shotguns are already good, but they were kept in check by the TTK. They aren't changing any values on the shotgun, which worries me.

Unless you're a head shot machine the self-loading rifles are going to be bad. They already take 2-3 shots to kill and now you're going to increase that with their extremely limited ammo capacity.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why the hell are they changing the TTK? What sort of idiocy is this. Really DICE - you are changing one of the best things about your game. You finally nailed TTK in a Battlefield game. Now you are changing it and the net result is you will drag everyone into using closer range automatic weapons or snipers. Because the rest will be (as in older BF games) absolutely no use. I really do despair that finally DICE had made a game where engagement lengths were genuinely mixed and interesting. And now they will go back to the older style where you either pick an AR and run and gun or sit back and snipe!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno is it again different on different platforms, the last patch actually made building fortifications better, pc.
You build all the fortifications 1 step earlier but you see the building state being "stuck" until you move away so it builds it.
At least thats how it worked when I played yesterday, I was just building mega bases in instant like I was playing fortnite as support.

Same. Helped me finally get the Stationnary weapon kill to get the VSO. On point A in Devastation, build all fortifications in a blink while crouching under fire, then built the heavy canon and blasted an entire squad with one shell. They didn't like that very much.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
So what's up with the lvl 20 assault assignment that's kill 7 enemies with explosives in a round? I've killed plenty with C4 and the panzerfaust and sometimes it will count and sometimes it wont. Has anyone completed this?

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
i dont like that they are changing the TTK. seemed perfect to me and my k/d was more on para with previous BF.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Ps 4 here. Hmmm... so it should be seen as an improvement? Managed to play only 3 rounds conquest yesterday, but it was different and felt awkward... maybe it's a matter of adjustment.
I'll give it another try later on.. thanks!

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
So what's up with the lvl 20 assault assignment that's kill 7 enemies with explosives in a round? I've killed plenty with C4 and the panzerfaust and sometimes it will count and sometimes it wont. Has anyone completed this?
Just did. Very easy. Equip both the Panzer and Dynamite and start hunting vehicles bruv

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada

Its broken on consoles.

Jul 15, 2018
People are quickly losing faith in DICE's balancing and for good reason.

It's still too early to say for certain but if there's one unified notion about things BFV gets right it's the gunplay and now they're gonna "fix it".

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
image0.png

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

It's still too early to say for certain but if there's one unified notion about things BFV gets right it's the gunplay and now they're gonna "fix it".

They will due to their own failings continue to bury this game until they are forced to move onto the next project due to lack of a growing player base.

Basically this update is: "Hey guys, we have been gathering feedback and we heard you loud and clear. We know you love the current TTK so we are going to change it, we'll see you on the Battlefield!"

There are still so many issues that need to be fixed and in typical DICE fashion they choose the one thing that the player base was able to agree was actually great and are as you said, "fixing it".

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tried it yet but man I really enjoyed the old TTK and such. It was an adjustment but it also created a nice skill game and style of play. Unfortunate DICE isn't listening to the core community on this issue.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adjusting TTK... may be the beginning of the end, honestly. It's going to start fracturing the player base in a BF game that has probably sold less than any other BF.

Oct 29, 2017

People should have never had faith in DICE when it comes to balancing

Seriously this TTK news is so annoying. DICE is idiotic. I wonder how much stuff this patch will break.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I played one round and it felt good. Not dramatically different. You have to pick your targets more carefully now since they are able to get to cover more efficiently now. I actually feel that I suck a bit more now since I felt that I got some kills with the old TTK that I didn't deserve. My initial impression is pretty positive even though I have to improve my tracking of targets by quite a bit.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have 16k coins, lol.

I guess they back paid.

Then I spent it all on Royal Motivations. RIP coins.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really trying to reserve judgment, but WTF DICE. The one thing that didn't need fixing and you go mucking with it.

People aren't returning to your game because it's an unfinished mess, not because the TTK was too low.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Adjusting TTK... may be the beginning of the end, honestly. It's going to start fracturing the player base in a BF game that has probably sold less than any other BF.

The game had multiple betas, even a early access version (which I bought) where they could get feedback months in advance of release. They even pushed it back in order to tighten things up. Here we are a month after launch and they are still fiddling with the core gameplay model and making sweeping changes. So yes, this game will be stuck in a state of limbo until maybe a different portion of DICE will step in like they did with BF4 and actually get the game where it deserves to be. We all know if Anthem is a success that EA will essentially bail on BFV and focus on the new shiny money maker.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Man I've not seen one good thing posted about these TTK changes on twitter. I really hope player impressions change when they play because it really seems like DICE are fucking themselves over. Last thing we need is to have people dropping because of a change no one asked for.

There's just so much shit surrounding this game. What is even going on over at DICE/EA? Are they in full blown panic mode or what?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So people really hate ttk? I was interested in trying it

Too many times I feel the game favours twitch reactions or campers who can 1 frame you

Is it only on certain servers or is it changed temporarily or permanently?

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
The game had multiple betas, even a early access version (which I bought) where they could get feedback months in advance of release. They even pushed it back in order to tighten things up. Here we are a month after launch and they are still fiddling with the core gameplay model and making sweeping changes.

This is more my issue. I would have been fine with this TTK change before launch. They had plenty of time to evaluate data beforehand. But now after the fact they suddenly want to make a change to the one area that the core really likes. And for very dubious reasons. They think magically people will suddenly pick up the game. Please the audience you currently have. Don't chase some mythical audience that doesn't exist.

1 bullet for me doesn't make or break the game. But it does show they either don't have faith in their vision, or they don't care about what a large segment core of the playing audience thinks.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
There were issues. You dont have time to react. Normal mode shouldnt play like hardcore mode, period.

Yet they put out the game this way even though they internally tested the game this way for months. So were these "issues" not there then or did they suddenly appear post launch? And has DICE fixed one frame kills and latency kills where I get killed behind walls? I'm assuming so since those are also "issues".

Status
Not open for further replies.