• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Who the hell asked for this? It feels noticeably worse. I thought 5 had the best of all battlefield gunplay, and now it just feels fucked.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
going by this thread it a was a minority of people asking for a change in TTK. was there more people asking for this on other platforms) (twitter?). because i cant understand why they did this. they were many more priorities to fix or change.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What about you all go test it before saying how the TTK is, cant wait to test it myself in 4h.
Maybe its bad, maybe its not, im not judging before I get to try it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
going by this thread it a was a minority of people asking for a change in TTK. was there more people asking for this on other platforms) (twitter?). because i cant understand why they did this. they were many more priorities to fix or change.
I've definitely seem some people complain, but it seemed like an extreme minority. Most Battlefield fans are overwhelmingly in favor of the previous TTK.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017

They say they have internal metrics that show its an issue for new players. But I'm skeptical. There are potentially lots of things that could make the game harder to play for new people. There is less spotting than prior games. You don't appear when you fire an un-silenced weapon unlike say battlefield 3 and 4. There are bugs in place that effect the current gunplay. So its not just one thing like TTK that would effect making the game more difficult for a newcomer. Some of those are simply design choices based around how you want the game to feel.

I think some of just have an issue not only with the change but how the change has just been forced on us without being able to adequately explain why we don't like the change. Nor has there been a CTE or anything where proper feedback has been able to be given like before when TTK has been changed in other battlefield games.

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Full gold STG 44!

009-C42-BB-720-B-4777-B84-C-3832-CE1033-FA.jpg

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
I haven't played yet but judging by impressions alone they fucked up. Sad to see them cater to the people that complained about the TTK when MOST people enjoyed it. They have no idea how to fix the real issue (TTD) so they just change increase the TTK as some sort of band-aid fix while they figure out what to do with the TTD.

Hopefully the feedback will be strong enough for them to revert the changes, DICE really fucked up by forcing these changes across the community instead of opening up a playlist for that is actually interested in testing these things out and provide feedback.

Either way DICE is looking incompetent but hopefully they make the better decision which is to NOT further upset the community, why can't they understand the main reason people is disliking the game is because of the TTD, the bugs, the lack of content but NOT the TTK, focus on those before forcing a change like this on the player base.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played yet but judging by impressions alone they fucked up. Sad to see them cater to the people that complained about the TTK when MOST people enjoyed it. They have no idea how to fix the real issue (TTD) so they just change increase the TTK as some sort of band-aid fix while they figure out what to do with the TTD.

Hopefully the feedback will be strong enough for them to revert the changes, DICE really fucked up by forcing these changes across the community instead of opening up a playlist for that is actually interested in testing these things out and provide feedback.

Either way DICE is looking incompetent but hopefully they make the better decision which is to NOT further upset the community, why can't they understand the main reason people is disliking the game is because of the TTD, the bugs, the lack of content but NOT the TTK, focus on those before forcing a change like this on the player base.

Impressions from where? Most I have seen have said they barely notice difference and that its fine.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

The biggest issue with them going back and forth on "fixing things" is that it all takes time. Games like this need a solid foundation and should aim upward in growth. Players are not going to want to wait weeks possibly months for the game to get to a playable state where they can feel confident its not going to be changed in the very next patch. Instead they will simply go find other games to play where they dont have to worry about all this bullshit. The way this game is being managed is basically "we were forced to launch it before its ready but please be patient month to month as we try and make it serviceable". I love Battlefield, its my favorite fps by a long shot in comparison to the usual offerings. But even at this point there are just simply better games to be playing that are at least in a better state than BFV currently is or ever will be. I base that solely on how previous efforts have been handled. DICE just simply cannot get out of their own way and with how much talk about "we listen to the community and sincerely gather all feedback" they sure like to completely ignore most issues and attempt to fix shit thats not broken.

A user on reddit made a comment that I feels not only applies to the current situation but all previous attempts at patching Battlefield games. Dice uses a sledgehammer to fix an issue that instead requires a precision drill.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the full auto assault rifles feel worse. I keep getting shredded by SMGs are close to medium range now.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've been playing TDM, so I can just feel the TTK changes without being bothered by much else. There is a difference and it's quite noticeable to me. However, I don't think the average player will realize it. There have been times I've been shot in the back and I can easily turn around and kill them. I've been using the Drilling and it's strong, like real strong.

More feedback to come, when I get some more time into it.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like the changes are doomed to fail either way. Not because they might be bad but because Reddit and Social Media had already decided that the changes suck before they even tried them out. Those people will convince themselves that it's bad even thought this might not be the case. They will never admit that they were wrong.

Edit: and after a few rounds I think the TTK changes are good they just need to have a look at the clips sizes of some guns. Overall it's less noticeable than I though. I think people that have a problem tracking targets will notice it the most. As I said, you have to pick your targets more carefully now. I think that is a good thing. It also feels like I get killed by medics a lot more.

Last edited:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
They say they have internal metrics that show its an issue for new players. But I'm skeptical. There are potentially lots of things that could make the game harder to play for new people. There is less spotting than prior games. You don't appear when you fire an un-silenced weapon unlike say battlefield 3 and 4. There are bugs in place that effect the current gunplay. So its not just one thing like TTK that would effect making the game more difficult for a newcomer. Some of those are simply design choices based around how you want the game to feel.

I think some of just have an issue not only with the change but how the change has just been forced on us without being able to adequately explain why we don't like the change. Nor has there been a CTE or anything where proper feedback has been able to be given like before when TTK has been changed in other battlefield games.
I can appreciate their approach. Yes, there are lots of things that can affect churn, but it's best to work with what you can prove via data, the data here presumably being that new players who die a lot are less likely to reactivate, or more likely to immediately quit out of a match, or something similar to that.
Their gamble is that increasing TTK will improve retention with new players without affecting retention of experienced players. We'll see.

I think this change majorly fucks over some weapon classes while leaving the most frustrating ones (MMGs, hello) intact.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
So i just played on the new TTK servers. I felt no difference whatsoever.

I was a medic using Stem, i was still destroying people. Maybe at range, the stem seemed less effective which tbh, makes sense.

Complaining about nothing.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Some people here say it affects gunplay? In which way? It only increases TTK and not aiming, movement etc..

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
Some people here say it affects gunplay? In which way? It only increases TTK and not aiming, movement etc..

Honestly, maybe its cause i was using stem which has a high rate of fire, but to me it was the same. Im not sure what they did tbh.

I played this morning before TTK, and now after TTK and felt like i was playing the same thing

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017

I was a medic using Stem, i was still destroying people. Maybe at range, the stem seemed less effective which tbh, makes sense.

They need to increase it even more then. They have to help the new players be able to react!

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
If you hit headshots with any sort of reasonable frequency, you should be able to down players just as fast as before. It's most noticeable at a longer distance where that's harder to pull off.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is officially when thinking back on the many years I have played the Battlefield franchise the dumbest fucking update I have ever seen them release. Just, come the fuck on, this is absolutely ridiculous. This is essentially them saying "We have no idea how to actually fix the issues so we are just gonna allow you to play on a server that plays the way you prefer, have fun!". In theory this sounds like "wow nice of DICE to give players more options" but all this does is split the player base and cause more headaches trying to balance everything for a team that is already struggling to keep this game working half the time. EA sucks and is probably responsible for a lot of the shit this game is going through but this is on DICE, such a dumb move and it makes me just wanna move on from this game cause at this pace it will be "feature/performance" complete in maybe 6 months from now if we are lucky.
I'm looking at it as more of a large scale CTE type thing. With the actual CTE barely anyone actually played it, with this they'll get a ton more data I assume. This is a very good way to test major changes imo, though I totally get the split player base concerns.

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually like to see a chart with that shows the ttk with a mixture of headshots and upper / lower body shots.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wait, they buckled and changed the TTK? Need to check this out myself. If so, it sounds a little dissapointing that they keep changing just based upon people moaning load enough. Will test it before proclaiming doom and gloom though.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
If hardcore conquest only has this TTK changes going for it, than it's pretty useless to split playerbase. Or are there more ghost changes to it like no kill cam?
Having to much fun with this game, hoping these changes don't sour my enjoyment.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I haven't played the changes yet, but it could affect gunplay by virtue of the recoil model.
In games like CS or PUBG, where the first few shots have less recoil than later shots, then it would affect recoil control, especially for semi-autos.

I don't know if BFV recoil is like this though. I think for most players who don't memorize recoil patterns for consistent sprays or spam clicks, it's not a big difference.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Impressions from where? Most I have seen have said they barely notice difference and that its fine.
I urge you to check reddit, forums, even ERA and find positive responses regarding the changes.

Most people dislike it and the rest don't notice much difference, either way it's not positive.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

I don't think it's the automatic weapons that will feel worse. Semiautos are hit hardest, especially SLRs with low mag size.

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Not quite sure about the changes so far, it's a lot harder to take out multiple people in a squad than before but I am enjoying the added reliance on headshots to get kills. I do seem to be having an easier time getting kills as medic though so that's pretty nice!

I have to say that this is the first Battlefield game where I dislike a map so much that I immediately quit the server. As soon as I see Hamada I am out of there as fast as I can, it's the only map where it is just flat out bad in every single game mode that I have tried it on, just absolutely does not work with the style of gameplay, panzerstorm is also looking like another one of those maps. They both feel like they were designed for massive vehicular combat but there just aren't enough vehicles to support this so you just end up running around the map getting shot at from snipers praying that the match finishes quickly. I'm probably alone in thinking that though.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not quite sure about the changes so far, it's a lot harder to take out multiple people in a squad than before but I am enjoying the added reliance on headshots to get kills. I do seem to be having an easier time getting kills as medic though so that's pretty nice!

I have to say that this is the first Battlefield game where I dislike a map so much that I immediately quit the server. As soon as I see Hamada I am out of there as fast as I can, it's the only map where it is just flat out bad in every single game mode that I have tried it on, just absolutely does not work with the style of gameplay, panzerstorm is also looking like another one of those maps. They both feel like they were designed for massive vehicular combat but there just aren't enough vehicles to support this so you just end up running around the map getting shot at from snipers praying that the match finishes quickly. I'm probably alone in thinking that though.
I refuse to play Fjell because I can't see anyone on that map lol. I just quit as soon as it loads, it's not even worth my time.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
I played a grand operation while trying different guns. The M1928A1 felt worse at range but close it felt about the same. Used the STG and definitely noticed a small difference when engaging multiple targets but didnt feel too bad. Used the Lewis gun and could feel the difference at range clearly. The SLR change felt the worst. Didnt try any semi auto rifles but i really think the G43 was too good.

Overall the changes just feels worse, they are minor but it is noticible. At the end of the day DICE have the data and we dont. If this is what they have to do to keep the overall community healthy then im willing to take the hit and adapt, i just hope its worth it in the end.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Good idea. Oops, now I want to play Team Deathmatch or Domination...
Don't you see how backwards this whole "let's make the game a test environment"?
They don't have original TTK servers for the other modes? That's a mistake imo. I didn't know that, I assumed they had the original TTK available in all modes. They should fix that.

I don't think the idea is backwards though. They appear to have data that shows that players are quitting when they die a lot. That's a huge problem for the longevity of the game even if we feel the current TTK is fine (I personally have had no issue with it). I want the game to succeed and the series to be healthy going forward. If a slight TTK shift ends up keeping people around I'm happy about it.

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
Played two rounds with Gewehr 43 and Turner SMLE and the new TTK is horrible.
I played a few rounds with the Turner and I had to check that the changes were actually live. As long as you hit at least one head shot it's very difficult to tell the difference. Played more than a few maps with the FG-42 and wtf I actually have to track people with this gun now? Awesome! You do have to pick your engagements better though because there's only 20 rounds in the mag. Feels really great that head shots actually matter now, you can really tell the difference on only body shots vs head shots + body shots, especially when using automatic weapons.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They don't have original TTK servers for the other modes? That's a mistake imo. I didn't know that, I assumed they had the original TTK available in all modes. They should fix that.
They said they'll add them one by one. It's the usual "the sky is falling" at the moment.

Played some more, I feel like I do better tap firing now with ARs and LMGs at mid range while before you could basicall mag dump over any distance that wasn't long range. I like that.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I played a few rounds with the Turner and I had to check that the changes were actually live. As long as you hit at least one head shot it's very difficult to tell the difference. Played more than a few maps with the FG-42 and wtf I actually have to track people with this gun now? Awesome! You do have to pick your engagements better though because there's only 20 rounds in the mag. Feels really great that head shots actually matter now, you can really tell the difference on only body shots vs head shots + body shots, especially when using automatic weapons.
How do 1v1 situations feel? Greatly improved? That's the one often overlooked benefit to a longer TTK. 1v1 engagements become much more aim based and the better player wins more often.

I'm looking forward to trying this out.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i guess it just wouldn't be BF without years of tinkering with weapon balance and TTK

i need to actually play a match now that i got it installed and configured my controls

Status
Not open for further replies.