• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
How do 1v1 situations feel? Greatly improved? That's the one often overlooked benefit to a longer TTK. 1v1 engagements become much more aim based and the better player wins more often.

I'm looking forward to trying this out.
I felt like I was able to win the engagements where my aim was on point and I was hitting head shots. I also felt like when I died, I deserved to die because I whiffed several easy shots. I think I got deleted "too fast" like once, probably due to multiple head shots from the Sturmgewehr so it felt really fast. I was able to 1v4 a squad that was pushing a point that I was defending, simply because I was able to pick 1v1 fights and use my healing pouch.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How do 1v1 situations feel? Greatly improved?
For me personally, way better. Before I felt like a lost most of the direct 1v1 while now I do ok. There is less emphasis on "twitch aiming". It feels less like the old CoD in close quarters. I could also flank with the Stg-44 no problem, and kill multiple people. You can't just stand in the open and expect to kill the whole squad without reloading like before.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
They don't have original TTK servers for the other modes? That's a mistake imo. I didn't know that, I assumed they had the original TTK available in all modes. They should fix that.

I don't think the idea is backwards though. They appear to have data that shows that players are quitting when they die a lot. That's a huge problem for the longevity of the game even if we feel the current TTK is fine (I personally have had no issue with it). I want the game to succeed and the series to be healthy going forward. If a slight TTK shift ends up keeping people around I'm happy about it.

I'm all for changes that make the game better for the majority of players, even if that means they're going to tweak the game in a way I don't like, but do it across the board. It's just extremely awkward how they're handling this.
And I'm sure they have a ton of data of players who are extremely annoyed by all the bugs that plague the game, which are a far greater threat to player retention if you ask me.
What also would help them keep players on board: commit yourself to a roadmap that goes beyond the next three months.
I too want this game to become the success it deserves to be, but fear we're in for another Battlefront if they keep at it like this.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I felt like I was able to win the engagements where my aim was on point and I was hitting head shots. I also felt like when I died, I deserved to die because I whiffed several easy shots. I think I got deleted "too fast" like once, probably due to multiple head shots from the Sturmgewehr so it felt really fast. I was able to 1v4 a squad that was pushing a point that I was defending, simply because I was able to pick 1v1 fights and use my healing pouch.
Yeah that sounds quite good. Breaking encounters into a series of 1v1s is my bread and butter lol. I am at least a bit concerned about the BTK on some of the SMGs (9 bullets to kill at range?) and shotguns might be a bit too powerful CQC now but this sounds fun otherwise.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm all for changes that make the game better for the majority of players, even if that means they're going to tweak the game in a way I don't like, but do it across the board. It's just extremely awkward how they're handling this.
And I'm sure they have a ton of data of players who are extremely annoyed by all the bugs that plague the game, which are a far greater threat to player retention if you ask me.
What also would help them keep players on board: commit yourself to a roadmap that goes beyond the next three months.
I too want this game to become the success it deserves to be, but fear we're in for another Battlefront if they keep at it like this.
I mean they could have made the "core server" the NEW TTK for all I care. Maybe that would have been the better approach? But people might have just said fuck it and never touch it. I don't know.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, ok, I was kind of indifferent to this on paper but after putting some time in I'm hard out.
In practice it plays way more like an extremely harsh nerf to semi-autos than like an across the board increase of TTK.
The difference for the full-autos is comparatively negligble, but one extra shot for the SLRs makes a hell of an impact. Hopefully their metrics reflect this and they reverse it, otherwise I guess I'll just be in the core servers.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, subreddit is in flames, TTK changes suck ass, medics are even more helpless and now DMRs are useless too.

Thanks for caving to the bottom quarter of the scoreboard, DICE. The TTK was literally perfect.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How does this Tides of War tree work. There is "Finish a Grand Operation" as the first point. Does this mean I have to finish a Grand Operation first to unlock the other stuff behind it which is also Grand Operation related? That would be nonsense...

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It takes longer to take down other players, but I go down just as quickly as before

I'd be livid if I spent 60 dollars on this lmao. This is straight up some early access shit

Last edited:

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I mean they could have made the "core server" the NEW TTK for all I care. Maybe that would have been the better approach? But people might have just said fuck it and never touch it. I don't know.

No. No separate servers. Either do it or don't.
I just played a few games and noticed a slight difference, so I'm good either way, but this half measured crap comes of as very indecisive on Dice's part. And that's not a good look.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With or without the changes, I think I still prefer BF1s gunplay to BFVs and I rather boot up Black Ops 4 than BFV... at least when none of my friends are online. :/

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we talk about the sheer stupidity of nerfing the DMRs by requiring the same one more bullet to kill as ARs and SMGs?

Literally think about it for 10 seconds. 1 more bullet to kill. What gets hit more, a gun that fires 600 RPM or the gun that fires 80 RPM?

Way to nerf the guns that actually require some measure of skillful aiming and favor the spray and pray guns used by weaker players :/ guess its back to the STG 44 for my assault class, RIP Selbstadler

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can we talk about the sheer stupidity of nerfing the DMRs by requiring the same one more bullet to kill as ARs and SMGs?

Literally think about it for 10 seconds. 1 more bullet to kill. What gets hit more, a gun that fires 600 RPM or the gun that fires 80 RPM?

Way to nerf the guns that actually require some measure of skillful aiming and favor the spray and pray guns used by weaker players :/ guess its back to the STG 44 for my assault class, RIP Selbstadler

We can hope in their next patch they give automatic weapons more recoil so you cant laser with AR:s and LMG:s

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I prefer BF1's SLRs but every other gun type feels more fun in BFV to me. What kind of guns did you like in BF1?
Support mainly... I really love the MG15. I play BF1 here and there and still shred people with it. Not sure if this is too meta but I am having a lot of fun. For me playing BF1 solo is more enjoyable too.

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
I wish people whining about the changes to weapons like DMRs would specify if they play on console or on PC, because I'm fairly certain console players will have a much harder time to adjust because getting head shots is so much more difficult.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
Played 1 round as Assualt with stg44 and sturmgewher, ttk seemed fine to me. Gonna try other classes, I assume medic might play terrible now.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Support mainly... I really love the MG15. I play BF1 here and there and still shred people with it. Not sure if this is too meta but I am having a lot of fun. For me playing BF1 solo is more enjoyable too.
A lot of the new teamplay mechanics kinda don't work in BFV because nobody plays as a team lol. Solo life in BF1 is definitely a lot better. Personally not a fan of the negative spread on LMGs in BF1 though. It did balance them well (BF1 in general is so well balanced) but I didn't enjoy using them like that myself.

JBucc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the new ttk really. But I'm pretty fine adapting to all sorts of damage models and used to switch between normal and hardcore regularly. But if this doesn't really fix the ttd I'm not sure it's gonna stop frustrated players from leaving and will just piss off people who liked the old ttk. Also, am I imagining things or did the Alphas have really nice sharp bullet crack sounds? That is something I always thought BF could do better and for some reason I remember the Alpha having it. But now it's just the more standard pffft pfft noises. Maybe I was playing something else around the same time.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the new ttk really. But I'm pretty fine adapting to all sorts of damage models and used to switch between normal and hardcore regularly. But if this doesn't really fix the ttd I'm not sure it's gonna stop frustrated players from leaving and will just piss off people who liked the old ttk. Also, am I imagining things or did the Alphas have really nice sharp bullet crack sounds? That is something I always thought BF could do better and for some reason I remember the Alpha having it. But now it's just the more standard pffft pfft noises. Maybe I was playing something else around the same time.

I think its always been planes only that makes that crack sound when they shoot near you.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah TTD is still broken and i wish some proper matchmaking would get integrated... having half of my team with negative K/D folks and the enemy team full of mlg pros isnt fun at all DICE.
Give me Team Switch so i dont have to suffer from that terrible matchmaking

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
so i just started playing bfv last week, and coming from bf4 i've noticed i don't see my bullet drop while sniping anymore. is that intentional?

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People claiming it feels fine should note what gun(s) they use.

Fairly confident that DMR users will not be feeling fine lol

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
People claiming it feels fine should note what gun(s) they use.

Fairly confident that DMR users will not be feeling fine lol
While i dont like the changes overall the G43 and Selbstlader needed a nerf, i sniped people across the map with the G43 without issues before. They are still 3 hit kill within 39m if you're accurate.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Played some Grand Operations which I don't like but thought I could complete Tides of War before it's over. My K/D is a bit higher with the new TTK. I am usually around 1.3 only but now I am closer to 1.6-2.0. I win a lot more 1vs1 situations now. I mainly used the automatic assault and support weapons. It still feels the netcode is messed up from time to time though. Not sure... overall it feels better imho. They should tweak it a bit but not go back to the old TTK. Maybe increase SMGF ROF and have a look at the clip sizes of some weapons. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
As someone who almost exclusively plays medic in order to actually try and win games, I want to congratulate DICE on fucking me again. If only you guys had some sort of Community Test Environment in order to check whether these fundamental changes you're making to the game were actually going to be popular.

The mistakes they've made with this game are staggering. They are collecting data at every point, correct? So how do they launch the game knowing that the medical crate is simply not used because it is absolute shit.

I'm also going to say its fucking annoying to see the game discounted so heavily so quickly after launch. Fuck people who actually love BF enough to buy it on release, right? And then they (or EA) have the fucking gall to offer a "veteran discount" to people who've owned previous Battlefield's two weeks after launch. Fucking frustrating.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
So im reading Medics got screwed over again? Guess we gotta wait for the next patch to fix it? Lol

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just played a Grand Operation but it didn't track one single thing for Tides... what the F?!

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm gonna hold off until these TTK changes are reversed before playing anymore. I loved the gunplay in 5 compared to the last few releases and this is a serious step back. Being optional on separate servers means the player base and community will be far smaller and won't be available for all modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.