• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
How dare you. They are simply outplaying you with superior tactical positioning!

tvSNcpq.jpg

I mean look at this tactical mastermind right here. In a random corner between two points, prone on his back in the middle of a pile of rubble. I had to time this screenshot to show the muzzle flash because that's the only way you can even see him there. I don't know what game he's playing, but it sure ain't Conquest.
Yea. They need to increase the brightness hue they they allegedly have in enemies

No way do they have any highlighting on enemies. At keast on xbox x in hdr... I don't ever see enemies until they are on me or as movement against a high contrast background

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
If someone has trouble with any war story challenges (unlocking the Last Tiger skin for example), this here helped me. The "no repair" challenge wasn't tracking but now it works and I got my skin. Of course the userbase has to find their own solutions.

1. In Origin right click on BFV, then click game properties, and then on the cloud saves tab turn that off by unchecking the box and save.
  2. Go to C:\Users\username\Documents\Battlefield V and move the settings folder elsewhere like your desktop.
  3. Start BFV. You should be asked to change your brightness and sound settings then it will load you into the intro to war stories. Quit to the main menu as soon as you are able to.
  4. Load the war story that you are having issues with. If you have a stuck challenge on the second or third mission you will need to play through until that mission. I just chose easy difficulty so I could quickly run through the missions.
  5. Complete the challenge/collect the letters that were glitched for you.
  6. Once back at the main menu, you now should have the check mark indicating that the war story was fully completed.
  7. Quit BFV. Go back to the BFV folder and delete the settings folder that the game auto generated. Then move back your old settings folder that you moved from the BFV folder earlier. Turn back on cloud saves.
  8. Launch the game and go to shipments under armory and your melee weapon should be waiting for you.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Dice is going to have to work on their chat filters a bit more. Was just in a game where some people cracked the code on how to type certain racist things without having to actually change the spelling or add numbers or dashes or anything like that. Then the game chat just turned into a terrible Youtube comments section for the remainder of the game.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Welp, it's been fun, but I'm done until they get this thing fixed. Just spent the better part of an hour getting shot from people prone so I couldn't see them in piles of rubble. I think the new TTK makes it so it adds insult to injury because now it allows them to shoot you more before you die. At least I can recoup my investment of 30 bucks because GameStop will give you 30 guaranteed until the 20th if you're a pro member. See you crazy kids later.

Last edited:

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Assault mastery assignments are finished. I'm debating do I tough it out with medic since I'm already lvl 15 or do I jump over to support.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Man I know that people here don't feel like the TTK change is a big issue but I'm legitimately not having fun anymore.

Whether that's because I'm on PS4 or something else I don't know. But it's just so frustrating. The M1907 feels so fucking awful at any kind of distance now. Let alone my other favourite gun, the M1A1. I'm so sick of hitting for like 81 or something and dying to some asshole lying prone in some rubble. Also what the absolute fuck at the self loading rifles. Guess I'm not trying to get gold on any of those. Jesus DICE.

I'm trying so hard to make it click for me, but at this point I feel like if this new TTK stays I'm just gonna quit game entirely, much like I did BF1. Hell maybe I can trade it in since I got the physical version.

(this was a bit of a rant sorry. Just ugh)

Last edited:

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
All assignments should work, since I have to say that with Dice, and should track in the background. The entire assignment selection system is pointless busy work that exists for literally no reason except to waste your time.

Just track all of them then unlock them post-game if it's a memory issue. Especially since you can't change them mid-game when you want to switch weapons or something. This system is pointless shit. Flush it.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jackfrags thinks "it's not a big change, you notice it from time to time, he still loves the game." Pretty much how I feel, I'll probably play it a bit more now too. I think the loudest people that yell "REVERT" will abandon the game anyway at some point, even if they revert the change. They just need to have their say now, typical hive mind. A lot even refuse to try out the changes. Nuts.
I think you need to watch his video again. He makes it very clear that he liked the older TTK more and believes they should fix the real problem, which is TTD, before messing with TTK. He also thinks that they made the TTK changes to cater to "christmas noobs" and that these changes will not be very helpful in keeping them.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Man I know that people here don't feel like the TTK change is a big issue but I'm legitimately not having fun anymore.

Whether that's because I'm on PS4 or something else I don't know. But it's just so frustrating. The M1907 feels so fucking awful at any kind of distance now. Let alone my other favourite gun, the M1A1. I'm so sick of hitting for like 81 or something and dying to some asshole lying prone in some rubble. Also what the absolute fuck at the self loading rifles. Guess I'm not trying to get gold on any of those. Jesus DICE.

I'm trying so hard to make it click for me, but at this point I feel like if this new TTK stays I'm just gonna quit game entirely, much like I did BF1. Hell maybe I can trade it in since I got the physical version.

(this was a bit of a rant sorry. Just ugh)
Play on hardcore servers like me.
Had some crazy fun matches yesterday.

Firestorm will be huuuuge with this gameplay. Mark my words.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate the fact that they might have two different TTKs in the game based on what mode you are playing. It's seriously such a bad idea. Seriously stupid thing to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple of matches tonight. Not sure how I feel about the new TTK yet.

In other news, my buddy revive assignment isn't tracking. Ugh.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
DICE needs to just hand off anything relating to UI in the Battlefield games period. I don't understand how each Battlefield game has problems with the menu, unlocks, etc. Assignments are completely shitting the bed in this and the endless black screens when exiting games is annoying.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
all right the more I play the more I realize TTD is totally hosed time to kill feels about right but time to death is ridiculously fast still

add in The invisible prone support assholes and this game needs help.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Ugggh. I keep getting put into halfway done servers (with my team losing) on conquest core. Likely as a result of Dice splitting the player base. This whole ordeal is frustrating. Dice keeps making the same mistakes

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Out of curiosity, who are these "best players" you are referring to? Because I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're not the ones writing rage posts on reddit. I also hope you're not gonna say the name of a youtuber whose income is reliant on the community liking their videos, because it would be moronic of them to make a video defending the new TTK when a portion of their audience is having a seizure about it on reddit.

Well for a start the big BF you tubers of westie and Jackfrags have nothing to gain and are sincere guys who are passionate about the game.

But I'm also talking about the 20 guys I play the game with personally.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
DICE needs to just hand off anything relating to UI in the Battlefield games period. I don't understand how each Battlefield game has problems with the menu, unlocks, etc. Assignments are completely shitting the bed in this and the endless black screens when exiting games is annoying.

It's insane how broken assignments are. They're just checklists. Devs have been doing this since the beginning of last gen. How do you fuck up checklists? Like I mentioned earlier, why even force people to select checklists to work on? Just track them all like games that aren't laughably broken?

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Play on hardcore servers like me.
Had some crazy fun matches yesterday.
For my part I tried, 5-6 times.

It's maybe because I'm in europe, but it took ~3 min to find a game, only to end up in an almost empty server which would only start a game like 2-3 minutes later with an half empty server. And since there is no way to choose those server from the server browser ( which is the only way I usually join server ), I ended up on maps I don't like.

On the bright side they said they made this change because of their data, so at least I'll be part of the data showing people who were logging daily but are not anymore since the change.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018

It's maybe because I'm in europe, but it took ~3 min to find a game, only to end up in an almost empty server which would only start a game like 2-3 minutes later with an half empty server. And since there is no way to choose those server from the server browser ( which is the only way I usually join server ), I ended up on maps I don't like.

On the bright side they said they made this change because of their data, so at least I'll be part of the data showing people who were logging daily but are not anymore since the change.
Which platform? I play on EU servers and it's always full

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that the people in Core servers generally have their shit together more than in the normal ones?
Most squads have active orders all the time, people PTFO... Feels very different in ways that aren't explained by the mechanical differences between Core and vanilla.

I guess it's just that the act of choosing a specific server type like that selects for people who know what they're doing more than just launching the default gamemode.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
These assignments are starting to feel far too important in the game. After seeing a lot of people wasting time with the snowman, I'm starting to wonder how many of the people staying off objectives are trying to get headshots or killstreaks.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's insane how broken assignments are. They're just checklists. Devs have been doing this since the beginning of last gen. How do you fuck up checklists? Like I mentioned earlier, why even force people to select checklists to work on? Just track them all like games that aren't laughably broken?

Yeah that is one of my main annoyances as well. Why are there only 4 slots for assignments? Why not track all of them like CoD for example does with it's challenges?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally finished Look Up. Got a nice JB2 on Arra B and killed eight people.

I've been trying a bunch of different weapons and they all feel like shit now. The only ones I'm liking atm are the FG 42 and Drilling.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Which platform? I play on EU servers and it's always full
PC.

With this kind of results :

1544781829-desktop-screenshot-2018-12-13-14-53-35-51.png

But that was yesterday, I'll give it a try again at lunch, thought I'm still not sure I want to give those kind of stats to Dice, I still fear they might just think "hey we did the right choice, anyone unhappy about the new ttk can just go on hardcore server so nothing was lost".

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
I try to avoid complaining about this game because so many people already do it and it gets tiresome, but if DICE are not capable of fixing these assignment tracking issues before week 4 when I have to play a bunch of Grand Operations and win one to get the assault weapon, I'm going to be fucking LIVID. I hate that game mode with a passion, so the idea of having to play 3 times as much of that bollocks because 60% of the time nothing tracks gives me nightmares.

Well for a start the big BF you tubers of westie and Jackfrags have nothing to gain and are sincere guys who are passionate about the game.

But I'm also talking about the 20 guys I play the game with personally.
Pandering to the very clear consensus of passionate reddit users is "nothing to gain"? I'm sure you can also see how they have something to lose if they pissed off their fanbase by defending the changes. To be clear I'm not saying they aren't being sincere, but they're not exactly the best example to go by in this situation. Jackfrags with his "the core bf player doesn't care about vehicles" bullshit can also f right off as far as I'm concerned, and I'm saying this as an infantry-focused player that used to subscribe to his channel back in the BF4 days.

And just to balance things out, here's a prominent BF streamer mus1CK with his initial thoughts on the TTK. I share his thoughts on this issue, and the erm... "passionate response" some people are having to this issue makes me scratch my head.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
That's weird, i play on EU, from France even, and i'm always in full servers.

Maybe it's because they are separating the servers you reach from Tides of War from the others and everyone, me included, are on the TOW ones ?

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
How dare you. They are simply outplaying you with superior tactical positioning!

tvSNcpq.jpg

I mean look at this tactical mastermind right here. In a random corner between two points, prone on his back in the middle of a pile of rubble. I had to time this screenshot to show the muzzle flash because that's the only way you can even see him there. I don't know what game he's playing, but it sure ain't Conquest.

So much this.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
PC.

With this kind of results :

1544781829-desktop-screenshot-2018-12-13-14-53-35-51.png

But that was yesterday, I'll give it a try again at lunch, thought I'm still not sure I want to give those kind of stats to Dice, I still fear they might just think "hey we did the right choice, anyone unhappy about the new ttk can just go on hardcore server so nothing was lost".
My mate plays with me on Xbox and what's weird is that whenever he searches for conquest games in advanced search he gets nothing but when I go search I always find 100+ servers

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I try to avoid complaining about this game because so many people already do it and it gets tiresome, but if DICE are not capable of fixing these assignment tracking issues before week 4 when I have to play a bunch of Grand Operations and win one to get the assault weapon, I'm going to be fucking LIVID. I hate that game mode with a passion, so the idea of having to play 3 times as much of that bollocks because 60% of the time nothing tracks gives me nightmares.

Pandering to the very clear consensus of passionate reddit users is "nothing to gain"? I'm sure you can also see how they have something to lose if they pissed off their fanbase by defending the changes. To be clear I'm not saying they aren't being sincere, but they're not exactly the best example to go by in this situation. Jackfrags with his "the core bf player doesn't care about vehicles" bullshit can also f right off as far as I'm concerned, and I'm saying this as an infantry-focused player that used to subscribe to his channel back in the BF4 days.

And just to balance things out, here's a prominent BF streamer mus1CK with his initial thoughts on the TTK. I share his thoughts on this issue, and the erm... "passionate response" some people are having to this issue makes me scratch my head.

ok

airjoca

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Didn't hate the changes, but sometimes it can get frustrating. I use the M1A1 a lot, and there were a few times I hit like 4 or 5 shots on running and jumping targets and didn't kill them like before.

Going for the 10 kills with secundary weapons trophy now sounds like fun...

My mate plays with me on Xbox and what's weird is that whenever he searches for conquest games in advanced search he gets nothing but when I go search I always find 100+ servers

I didn't used to get any results when I had "Conquest" and "Europe" ticked. Then I ticked on some options in number of players "1-5, 6-10" and started getting results. Tell him to try that.

Arcadia

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
England
Re TTK. I'm loving the new implementation, as a more casual player, it's simply more fun to play.

I'm amazed at the difference it's made, my KR has basically doubled since the update. It just makes things a bit easier for casual or new players, so I can see why DICE has made the change.

That said I completely understand why the more hardcore players aren't happy.

I really hope we can have both TTKs available moving forward.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'll try it tonight, haven't played since sunday and I'm feeling the abstinence lol Though the idea of having two different TTKs in two modes seems stupid. Should've gone with CTE instead

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I have no problem finding conquest games in the server browser. My problem is that there is no "Conquest Core" filter.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I didn't used to get any results when I had "Conquest" and "Europe" ticked. Then I ticked on some options in number of players "1-5, 6-10" and started getting results. Tell him to try that.
Made him try everything and still no servers. Very weird

I have no problem finding conquest games in the server browser. My problem is that there is no "Conquest Core" filter.
Yeah no core filter somehow

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017

I live in the middle of europe and have no probs to find matches on hardcore.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that the people in Core servers generally have their shit together more than in the normal ones?
Most squads have active orders all the time, people PTFO... Feels very different in ways that aren't explained by the mechanical differences between Core and vanilla.

I guess it's just that the act of choosing a specific server type like that selects for people who know what they're doing more than just launching the default gamemode.
Yep. Quality of players is great on hardcore. All matches i've had so far on hardcore have been epic.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Finally played The Last Tiger. Probably my favorite war story even though it was a bit too short.

And that Ratburner helmet is hideous. First thing I thought of when I unlocked it was Dead Space.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
t8e2nbdz5h321.jpg

It was a heat shield/mask for flamethrower operators, but this game has no flamethrowers...

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

This is nonsense. I had both shitty and good squads with orders etc in core and normal. In fact the last core conquest game I had yesterday was probably one of the worst squad experiences so far. No revives, everyone camping etc. But it has nothing to do with what servers you are on.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I don't understand how it's possible that some bugs have been in the franchise since Battlefield 4 (maybe even earlier) and they are still not fixed. Is it impossible to stop loading the next map when I try to quit between rounds? It's like this in BF1 and Battlefront 2 as well. Then there's also that thing where after getting up from prone position and sprinting I go prone again. I'm not exactly sure what triggers this but it's so annoying.

Why is the server browser so barebones? I swear it has like half the features of BF1 server browser.

To top off my little rant, why does the UI get worse with every game? I remember how everyone hated BattleLog. Looking back, it was amazing compared to what we have now.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
All assignments should work, since I have to say that with Dice, and should track in the background. The entire assignment selection system is pointless busy work that exists for literally no reason except to waste your time.

Just track all of them then unlock them post-game if it's a memory issue. Especially since you can't change them mid-game when you want to switch weapons or something. This system is pointless shit. Flush it.

Finishing some assignments at the start of a Grand Operation or Frontlines match and then having to wait to finish the whole thing and then quit out to the menus just to swap them is abhorrent design. #15 on my list of things that makes me go, "Does anyone at DICE play this game?" (sorry, I know we have a helpful DICE dev lurking around, but it is a very weird thing.)

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
We have a couple of developments...

3hiehxmvz7421.png

I don't understand how it's possible that some bugs have been in the franchise since Battlefield 4 (maybe even earlier) and they are still not fixed. Is it impossible to stop loading the next map when I try to quit between rounds? It's like this in BF1 and Battlefront 2 as well. Then there's also that thing where after getting up from prone position and sprinting I go prone again. I'm not exactly sure what triggers this but it's so annoying.

Why is the server browser so barebones? I swear it has like half the features of BF1 server browser.

To top off my little rant, why does the UI get worse with every game? I remember how everyone hated BattleLog. Looking back, it was amazing compared to what we have now.

Integral engine bugs most likely?

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The new reliance on headshots is kind of nice. The skill cieling has been raised with this TTK shift no doubt. They could basically return the medic guns to how they were in the original TTK while leaving everything else the same and balance would be improved though. Medic is currently too weak outside of the Tommy and Suomi. They've always been weak but I mean now they are actually useless outside of CQC.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't sure what this TTK adjustment complaint was exactly, too long, too short? Well, last night I tried to like this game for the 3rd time and I spent most of my time dead or waiting for spawns or running from a spawn point only to get shot on the way to the front line by a distance pixel. I feel like I've barely seen an enemy playing BF5 yet...

This is a big contrast to One, where I felt like I was in the midst of battle, running between trenches, encountering multiple people, seeing the whites in their eyes, or at least having mid-range encounters, and straight from week 1 I never felt lost or bewildered.

Does BF5 have a whole different, more distant dynamic than One, or are PC people are just too good (well, too accurate with the mouse)? I really gotta try One on PC or Five on PS4, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.