Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

I say they go with base and hardcore lists permanently.

Let the higher skilled players fight it out wirhout my old ass having to be cannon fodder for all the headshotters because I cant move my controller as well, regardless of my strategy and tactics being more measured and smart with the new game and not playing like a banshee like one might have in BF1

Oct 25, 2017
UK
JB2 assignment is just fucked, right? I've been in 2 squads where the leader has called one in and got 3+ kills and not got it. Then I called one in a squad leader myself and got 7+ kills and still didn't get credit. Sucks because the Sturmtiger is the better option 75% of the time.
An update to this: if you actually click the assignment itself it mentions Arras Conquest. I haven't got time to play a round myself atm, but if anyone is stuck, trying getting a V2 on Arras and let me know.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Are all the assignment bugs that people talk here from consoles? Because I have done all assignments I want, only something didnt track maybe 2 times total, in 150h and it always was when I joined friends squad middle of the game I think.
Nah, PC on my end. Unless I'm missing something with this assignment? Do I have to use a particular weapon, or map?

Pretty sure I have at least 8 kills with the Reinforcements rockets in a squad but still I am not unlocking that last Tides of War assignment. :/

Also, really starting to annoy me that the vehicle icons are still bugged, they give indications that there are transports at the main base but when you spawn there, there are none around.

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure I have at least 8 kills with the Reinforcements rockets in a squad but still I am not unlocking that last Tides of War assignment. :/

Also, really starting to annoy me that the vehicle icons are still bugged, they give indications that there are transports at the main base but when you spawn there, there are none around.
As soon as I got to that part, first game I took the leader from afk leader, got rocket, got 5 kills, assignment done.

Nah, PC on my end. Unless I'm missing something with this assignment? Do I have to use a particular weapon, or map?
I dont remember anymore. I almost always play conquest.

As soon as I got to that part, first game I took the leader from afk leader, got rocket, got 5 kills, assignment done.

I dont remember anymore. I almost always play conquest.
People are way more active with actually giving orders so it's harder to take them, and when I do get the Squad Leader position, my squad has been always.....less than effective. :(

Will have to give it another try tomorrow.

Oct 31, 2017
Guess I should come back in February or March when they have finished the game up.
That time frame is being extremely generous. The game was always fighting an uphill battle for both warranted and totally unwarranted reasons. DICE just keeps adding fuel to the fire with all these idiotic patches that do nothing but cause more confusion and issues. They simply cannot stop fucking up.

So, I’m in a plane just spotting for my team on Hamada. It was fascinating just to watch them keep running into A and dying over and over. Eventually, there is a standoff and they just stop trying to take it all together. Around 200 tickets, someone finally got smart enough to flank and take another point. In all honestly, I should have probably bailed out over one of the points and took it, but I wanted to see how it played out and the spotting seems more useful. However, it got me thinking. The majority of this player base just doesn’t care and no amount of TTK changes will fix this.

That’s why you have players that never attempt to play the objectives, that’s why you have all the support that go prone in a corner, that’s why you have all the recon that sit miles away not doing anything, and that’s why you have players’ not repairing or reviving. If it doesn’t get them kills, they don’t give a shit.

BF always prided itself in teamwork and yet it just feels like a bunch of players running around just trying to find that best way to get a good k/d. It’s pseudo teamwork. It gives the illusion of teamwork, but it’s far from it. Then you have the small minority of players that actually have a team oriented mindset and get things done.

Maybe I’m just salty from that Hamada match (we lost 3/3 in the Grand Operation, no surprise there), but I’ve seen it time and time again. So that’s my rant.

Oct 27, 2017
An update to this: if you actually click the assignment itself it mentions Arras Conquest. I haven't got time to play a round myself atm, but if anyone is stuck, trying getting a V2 on Arras and let me know.
You don't need to play on Arras to get it, the assignment is bugged. I was able to get mine on Devastation the other night, and we got my friends theirs on Twisted Steel.

Oct 26, 2017
So, I’m in a plane just spotting for my team on Hamada. It was fascinating just to watch them keep running into A and dying over and over. Eventually, there is a standoff and they just stop trying to take it all together. Around 200 tickets, someone finally got smart enough to flank and take another point. In all honestly, I should have probably bailed out over one of the points and took it, but I wanted to see how it played out and the spotting seems more useful. However, it got me thinking. The majority of this player base just doesn’t care and no amount of TTK changes will fix this.

That’s why you have players that never attempt to play the objectives, that’s why you have all the support that go prone in a corner, that’s why you have all the recon that sit miles away not doing anything, and that’s why you have players’ not repairing or reviving. If it doesn’t get them kills, they don’t give a shit.

BF always prided itself in teamwork and yet it just feels like a bunch of players running around just trying to find that best way to get a good k/d. It’s pseudo teamwork. It gives the illusion of teamwork, but it’s far from it. Then you have the small minority of players that actually have a team oriented mindset and get things done.

Maybe I’m just salty from that Hamada match (we lost 3/3 in the Grand Operation, no surprise there), but I’ve seen it time and time again. So that’s my rant.
I think they have good chance to make people work as a team with assignments.
I could already see some good matches with everyone reviving, healing and giving ammo last week when tides of war made them do it.
If there was some loop for assignments to give players reason to do that it could make big difference.

But now there is just weekly tides of war that isnt even encouraging to work as team every week and those normal assignments are done once and then you have just weapon assignments left.

Oct 25, 2017
So, I’m in a plane just spotting for my team on Hamada. It was fascinating just to watch them keep running into A and dying over and over. Eventually, there is a standoff and they just stop trying to take it all together. Around 200 tickets, someone finally got smart enough to flank and take another point. In all honestly, I should have probably bailed out over one of the points and took it, but I wanted to see how it played out and the spotting seems more useful.
Nothing is more important than starting to cap the back points early on. If no vehicle tries to flank, or if no vehicle makes it past the defenses, then someone in a plane needs to do it. The ticket bleed is just way too high when a team has all objectives.

Jan 24, 2018
I say they go with base and hardcore lists permanently.

Let the higher skilled players fight it out wirhout my old ass having to be cannon fodder for all the headshotters because I cant move my controller as well, regardless of my strategy and tactics being more measured and smart with the new game and not playing like a banshee like one might have in BF1
I stand with you my fellow old assed brethren!

Oct 27, 2017
There were more cq servers in the EU on bf1 than bfv for me at least last night.

I ended up playing bf1.

The fucking maps are terrible on v. The ammo crate is almost pointless because nobody uses them or they fall through the floor. Dice lost the plot with this one

Oct 29, 2017
There were more cq servers in the EU on bf1 than bfv for me at least last night.

I ended up playing bf1.

The fucking maps are terrible on v. The ammo crate is almost pointless because nobody uses them or they fall through the floor. Dice lost the plot with this one
Lucky. I tried playing BF1 and all I could find were those Road to BFV four-map servers with fucking Suez in the rotation :/

Dec 11, 2018
Even though I only die if someone is behind me with the new TTK, I still don’t like it. Went 70-13 and all the deaths were from behind. Face to face I destroyed the whole team. Going back to conquest core now

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, I don't mind that the new TTK much even after playing more. I've been about the same either way. It's a little harder to flank and take out a larger group, but you have more freedom to move without the absurd oppressiveness that semi autos and SLRs brought to the field before. Of course, that's still balanced by the trash visibility and prone support plague, but those are issues in both.

New TTK is definitely here to stay. It'll be played more because of its placement and being the default, all the new players will get used to it over the holiday, and switching it back would be a giant hassle for Dice who can barely do even the most basic shit now.
I am totally used to it now and think its fine. I play the same as i did before and nothing has much changed. You can react more now yourself on getting hit and thats nice.
The biggest difference has been the spotting issue being fixed. Makes flanks now rewarding.

Dec 20, 2017
Lol Suez is bfv map tier rubbish
I wish you'd specify what game mode you're playing when you shit on the maps in BFV. Rotterdam is a really good Conquest map, but jesus christ it's a horrid map for Breakthrough because you have 32 players camping a single point in the parking hall and you have no other points to capture to divide the defenders. I only really play Conquest outside of daily challenges, and most of the maps in BFV are on par with, if not better than, anything BF1 had to offer. Conquest is easily the most popular game mode in BF games, so when people talk about maps it's logical to assume they talk about Conquest versions.

Dec 13, 2017
I am pretty new to modern Battlefield games (last one I played was Vietnam), so I am really not that good of a player. Still I prefer the 'hardcore' playlist, it just feels more thrilling to be able to kill with just a few shots. My survivability does not seem much better on the 'regular' playlist too, so I really don't see why they put this change into the game.

How about expanding the tutorial a bit more to ease new players in? Like how the hell does suppressing fire work? Never seen that explained ingame.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish you'd specify what game mode you're playing when you shit on the maps in BFV. Rotterdam is a really good Conquest map, but jesus christ it's a horrid map for Breakthrough because you have 32 players camping a single point in the parking hall and you have no other points to capture to divide the defenders. I only really play Conquest outside of daily challenges, and most of the maps in BFV are on par with, if not better than, anything BF1 had to offer. Conquest is easily the most popular game mode in BF games, so when people talk about maps it's logical to assume they talk about Conquest versions.
Sorry, cq. Yes, Rotterdam is ok for cq. I’ll admit that.

Oct 29, 2017
Ehhhh.

BFV has some fantastic maps, don't get me wrong, but Amiens, Sinai, and Hegioland are something special. Hegioland especially is basically Wake Island: The Sequel.

Panzerstorm is great though, one of my faves in the series. The tanks in this game are actually really great when you open the maps up.

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I don’t think I’ll be playing on the new TTK servers. I’ve given a couple hours of playtime toward the new TTK and I hate it. It just doesn’t feel good or right and the increased amount of BTK combined with the smaller mags on some weapons just seals the deal for me. It just feels muddy. The old TTK felt SO good and clean and crisp.
Edit: and please don’t start adding assignments for specific game types now that there are two distinct core game designs running at the same time but one of them is limited to conquest.

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I'm going to boycott the new TTK. Hardcore conquest for me until other gamemodes join the hardcore family.
I feel like DICE is misrepresenting what a hardcore server is by implying that the old TTK will be become the hardcore mode. The original TTK is not hardcore and it sounds like to me that DICE is trying to force the conversation in that direction.
Edit: in fact, all servers look like hardcore even in the new TTK because of the busted net code. It’s a perception of being killed with one bullet, when in reality you were not.

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
What is still broken in the game?
  • TTD is extremely inconsistent, from taking 10 hits to normal to 1 hit kill from full HP
  • Audio still gets desynced / delayed a lot / not played at all at random
  • Audio cutting out fully, requiring game restart
  • Squad members shouting SL commands
  • Unable to revive anyone in the match at random
  • Squad callins involved binocs turning half or whole screen black
  • Unable to swap weapon talents in the match
  • Unable to swap or active assignments in the match
  • Quitting from game to menu or even to desktop still takes ages
  • Assignments either being broken, randomly breaking mid-match requiring game reboot or having absolutely wrong descriptions
  • Company Coin gains past-50 still absolutely borked
  • Bipod being extremely fiddly and unreliable as it can be very angle and pixel specific, deploys into the walls
  • Characters getting stuck on smallest of pebbles at random
  • Vaulting over or through objects at random not working at all, RIP
  • Vehicle balancing is still questionable, tanks like Valentine are superior to anything else on ground for e.g.
  • Weapon balance still somewhat off, why STG 1-5 is far, far superior to STG 44?
  • Footstep audio still super quiet, some times not playing at all
  • Character visibility is still issue. Just stand against gray, brown and/or general dark materials and you just disappear into thin air. Lay on snow and no one will see you, your weapon wont even make puffs of snow etc.

What needed to be "fixed" immediately, even when no one really asked for it?
  • Soldier on Solder TTK so it takes longer time to kill anyone with any weapon, because change is blanket one it just nerfs some weapon(s) (classes) more than others where elevates already powerful meta weapons like STG 1-5.

WTF DICE?

Last edited:

Nome

Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
New bug that I kind of love... completing an assignment even when you haven't fulfilled all the requisites, lol.
The game must've taken pity on me after I've spent nearly 6 hours trying to get 20 objective headshots with the Kar98k. Finished a match with 16 and boom, done.