• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tell you what, having to revive 6 people and not be a medic is painful. Took me so long.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh my. I don't know what happened between this morning and this afternoon, but something broke. Now whenever I try to join a game, I get a black screen and a spinning icon for a few seconds, and then I get booted back to the menus—but none of the buttons work, and I have to close the game with Alt-F4.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my V2 on Rotterdam in the DRuins at the last possible second. Finally, but felt good. Ratburner complete.
German_V2.jpg

;D

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
3 or 4 patch/bugfixs and the medic/ammo crates still going 95% of the time below the "map".. dont surprise me why nobody supply from it

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
After playing with the new TTK for a while, I switched to Core and immediately had more fun.

Dice are insane.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DICE had to rebalance all of the weapons along with the TTK change, cause right now things feel like a miss match of systems.

I've never seen DICE in such a mess before. The problems they had with the Battlefronts were due to leaving a small team to work with the game so updates were bug riddled and slow, but even there they felt way more competent than the team running BFV right now.

Even if the game is doing badly in sales, don't just wing it and change things on the fly to try and bring people back.

Everything I thought was going to happen with this game is happening, at this rate I highly doubt we get more than 1 pacific map. EA is ruthless with underperforming games.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, I dunno. Even with the re-balance uncertainty, I can't stop playing it, so DICE is doing something right.

No other franchise matches what Battlefield does and the core gameplay feels terrific regardless of the TTK. Moving and shooting almost all the guns feels great.

Dice just needs to actually finish their fucking game and polish all the rough edges. Enemy visibility is borderline criminal and they haven't said a single sentence about it. The guy on visibility duty must have gone on holiday after Thanksgiving and not come back.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping DICE comes out and makes a statement or a fix before next week.

I really don't want to trade this in because there is something terrific at its core, but I can't miss out on getting back what I paid for it if they straight up decide not to fix this thing.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen whether Panzerstorm is tied to an historical setting? I've been wondering what those enormous fires are on the overview screen.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what they have done, but ever since the big patch on the 4th this month I have been getting crashes every single game session that runs for longer than about 20 minutes.

If it has passed that point, it is 100% certain the game will just hard crash to the desktop at any point in the next 15 minutes. Starting to get reeeeally frustrating now. If games are shorter than that and it keeps changing maps, it doesn't crash.

Seems like some sort of memory leak or whatever that just makes it crash eventually.

Problem persisted through a clean Windows install too, so it's not some weird software issue and it happens even with dialed back overclocks (wasn't an issue before the patch so shouldn't be the problem now).

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just a lot of assumptions and some stuff where he is downright wrong, like the multiple TTKs in games... freaking BF had it since Bad Company 2, they even added it to BF1 , CoD has it as well since forever. Just two of the most popular first person shooters! Suddenly calling this madness and absurd is nothing but the usual hysteria. It's just crazy talk.
And he wants the developers make custom animations that can be bought with micro transactions... custom reload animations.... right lol, how about some dances too?
Battlefield had dropped in popularity a while ago. It's not even close to being the top two most popular shooters. And two different TTKs in past games pretty much never worked. Hardcore servers were pretty much dead or had super low player counts. The majority of the player base played normal mode. And I am not sure of COD has split their TTK for some time now. I could be wrong about COD though. And don't undermine other people's' criticisms by calling it hysteria.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Dice's approach to the issue:

1599e06bd7b11b9d1e3d414c4cfb97bd3ad4ed044ac06d4ec5625cf4d0d224ec.jpg

I don't think they're going to do anything with it, as insane as that is.

Nor are they doing anything else with the white text. Even with full shadow, it's still hard to read anything, it's horrible.

I love this game, it's my favorite in the series but when they were getting ahead of controversies they pull themselves back in.

Played a few rounds with the new TTK and I feel that I can't kill anyone lol I was already bad at the game since it's the first time I'm "full time" playing on BF on PC, but now I can't even flank right. I still die a lot so as a "new" player on PC, it didn't help me either.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Didn't try the new ttk mode. Will just stick to conquest core and hope the other modes get hardcore versions too. So, whatever.

What sound settings are people using here? What is war tapes?

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I read some stuff about Hardline and noticed that we had this TTK discussion back then also. So I did watch some Youtube videos from Jackfrags and Westie, two of Youtubers complaining about the increased TTK in BFV.
Back in the day Jackfrags thought the TTK in Hardline should be increased, same for Westie and here is the video that is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYge6jxC6Rc

Quote: "Due to the high damage model that Visceral adopted in an attempt to make the game skillful and maybe give the game it's own unique identity set apart from other Battlefield games, they created that environment that's even more brutal than any game that has come before and really put the emphasis on whoever lands that first bullet is going to win. This leads to players dying very quickly in gunfights which if you're constantly on the receiving end of is not very fun.... meaning if you end up in a server full of high-ranking skillful players, you're going to get crushed."
"The issues with Battlefields netcode has always been present, imagine adding those issues into an environment where some guns like the battle-rifles could kill in 3 bullets."
"Why was this system not implemented sooner? Surely, by satisfying players with a fair, consistent gameplay experience, you could have limited the decline in players."
"This change should have been done between the release and the first DLC."

I just thought that was funny. Could have been right out of the DICE explanation why they felt TTK should be increased.

Holy shit this is just too perfect. This ttk shit is so good, I can't believe it.

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Person is having a bad day:

7waDwMv.gif

This is the best Battlefield has been in nearly ten years. DICE is handling whatever is going on here in an odd way and deserve to eat some shit, but it's also not the end of the world.

Cool the anti-airs on Aerodrome or whatever that place is called, look into ttd and visibility, don't start splitting things up. wtf

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It really is a sad joke.

They're admitted the balance on some stuff was thrown off by the one bullet increase across the board. Overall, SLRs get destroyed by it, while most weapons are about the same. For recon, it's balanced out by the fact ranged snipers can eat an extra couple bullets while they're lining up shots.

As someone who hates being forced to be a prone boy the entire round, I guess I'm all in on team TTK 2.0. It's just less tedious. I'd be more supportive of TTK 1.0 if the visibility and half a dozen other things weren't completely broken. Right now, it just rewards lame ass rubble kids, and I have zero interest in playing that.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
What I don't understand is why people will sit and get 7 million kills in a round from hiding in rubble, yet they won't push to play the objective. I tried to play twice today and both times my entire squad was either recon and totally out of play, or hiding in the rubble. People need to realize it's not Call of Duty.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
What I don't understand is why people will sit and get 7 million kills in a round from hiding in rubble, yet they won't push to play the objective. I tried to play twice today and both times my entire squad was either recon and totally out of play, or hiding in the rubble. People need to realize it's not Call of Duty.

Because people don't give a shit about the team or winning. They just want high k/d. That's it. Dice didn't do a good enough job incentizing actually playing the game when designing it (good job nerfing Attrition even prior to launch) and the tools in the game encourage it. Support guns are the best and easiest to use and happen to have huge perks from being prone while the visibility is fucking garbage.

When you guys actually get around to fixing stuff in February, maybe check out the visibility and some fix for everyone being prone all the time.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Panzerstorm is a blast. Went nearly the whole round in one tank. Love being able to stretch my tank skills in a more open environment.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
And two different TTKs in past games pretty much never worked. Hardcore servers were pretty much dead or had super low player counts. The majority of the player base played normal mode. And I am not sure of COD has split their TTK for some time now. I could be wrong about COD though.
CoD always had it and still has. I know because I play Black Ops 4 as well. The HC community is also very strong in CoD. Furthermore there are still people playing HC in BF3 and BF4 (it even has full servers with all DLCs) to this day and it had a lot of people playing back in the day too. So they were far away from being "dead". Also there were people asking for HC servers for BFV since beta, they just wanted an even faster TTK than the "core" one.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I totally did not know how Tides of War worked. I missed the first week, is there zero chance of me getting whatever the item was for that week now?

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Went back to conquest core tonight. So much fun.

...which makes it so much more frustrating to go back to the changed TTK servers. Ugh

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Already said it but I really really really wish the first flag of each map was already capped at the start of a new round.

This :

1544952837-desktop-screenshot-2018-12-15-19-40-50-41.png

Makes me crazy.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For the last ToW assignment... I have to call in the V1 myself? Was in a conquest core match and our squad leader killed three guys with the V1. Thought it would have counted

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Is the post-game stats glitched? Every game a lot of XP shows up at the bottom but I don't see anything

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CoD always had it and still has. I know because I play Black Ops 4 as well. The HC community is also very strong in CoD. Furthermore there are still people playing HC in BF3 and BF4 (it even has full servers with all DLCs) to this day and it had a lot of people playing back in the day too. So they were far away from being "dead". Also there were people asking for HC servers for BFV since beta, they just wanted an even faster TTK than the "core" one.
Bullshit. I have both games on PC and there are like max 1 or 2 servers per game playing hardcore and they are rarely full. And you can't even find DlC servers for normal mode. Specially in Battlefield 3.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already said it but I really really really wish the first flag of each map was already capped at the start of a new round.

This :

1544952837-desktop-screenshot-2018-12-15-19-40-50-41.png

Makes me crazy.
I would say that they should go a step further depending on the map. For Rotterdam, they should start with A, B, E and D captured. A/B and E/D are usually the first flags captured by both teams before combat starts.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
DICE had to rebalance all of the weapons along with the TTK change, cause right now things feel like a miss match of systems.

I've never seen DICE in such a mess before. The problems they had with the Battlefronts were due to leaving a small team to work with the game so updates were bug riddled and slow, but even there they felt way more competent than the team running BFV right now.

Even if the game is doing badly in sales, don't just wing it and change things on the fly to try and bring people back.

Everything I thought was going to happen with this game is happening, at this rate I highly doubt we get more than 1 pacific map. EA is ruthless with underperforming games.

Content is what will bring people back and bring people in. All they did here was made the gunplay worse. It was the one thing that kept people playing despite all the other issues. And fuck that 2 playlist shit. DICE is going to somehow succed in splitting the playerbase in a game with no paid map DLC. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Bullshit. I have both games on PC and there are like max 1 or 2 servers per game playing hardcore and they are rarely full. And you can't even find DlC servers for normal mode. Specially in Battlefield 3.
There are currently 25 BF4 HC server that are full or have less than 6 open slots. 5 or more have all the DLC in rotation. So WTF are you talking about? Yes there are less in BF3 of course but BF4 is a 5 year old game too.

cskELpv.jpg

I doesn't even matter. Every BF game since Bad Company 2 had two different TTKs, meaning separate Hardcore servers. BFV will continue this trend. End of story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.