• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I mean look at this scoreboard. It's almost nothing but support and recon. Every time I died it was some prone ass KE7 or recon.

BF-V-RECON.png

Every game is just supports and recon now. It's a gauntlet of sniper fire and prone mg guys. Revives are dependent on random squadmates (rip) and tanks are a nightmare because there's not enough assaults whittling them down, especially after the panzer nerf.

Oct 25, 2017
The vgo is purchasable with company coins 1,700(?).

I had the same issue. but I notice today, I couldn't call in a v1 cause there was already one coming. So I waited, tried to call it in again, but someone had a v1 inbound. But after that I was able to call the v1 in.

Also anyone know how big is dice tides of war team?

My issue with V1s is a graphical glitch that appears when the binoculars are pulled out to pinpoint the target. It just won't let me call in the V1 due to that problem.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for the recommendations
Do you have any for Tank? if you dnt mind

I'm more of a pilot than a tanker, but I have them all at four. So I'm fairly competent in them.

The Flakpazner is good, the Brits Valentine AA not so much.

Flakpazner:
Faster turret speed
Increase zoom
Radar
Flaming Onion

Out of the tanks, I'd probably say medium are the best overall.

Panzer IV:
Smoke
Track Shirts (This is the most important upgrade. It decreases the damage you take and getting disabled)
PAK 40
Then you can go AP or Case. (AP for more AT and Case for more infantry)

Valentine MK:
Increase ammo
Increase firing speed
Track Shirts (Again this is the most important, I can't stress this enough)
The Case round (The mine clearing looks cool, but it's pretty bad)

Heavy tanks are my second favorite:

Churchill MK:
Increase firing speed
Faster turret speed
95MM (Gives you better damage against infantry)
Hesh rounds (this will give you better AT)

Tiger:
Zimmerit (So people can't throw shit on you)
Faster turret speed
Turret ring
S-mine (good in case infantry get too close)

My least favorite are light tanks. They are hard to use and can't take a hit well, but they can be extremely good. You can fly around with these.

Panzer 38T:
Zimmerit
Spotting Scope (Pretty much spot everything for your team)
KWK 38
S-Mine (Using your speed you can roll up on a group, S-Mine and gtfo)

Staghound:
Increase firing speed
Deploy supplies
20mm (Makes you better against infantry)
AP round (for AT)

The last thing is the Churchill Gun Carrier. You pretty much want to sit back and snipe with this thing. Never get close, if you don't have to.

Churchill Gun Carrier:
Increase firing speed
Increase ammo
Zoom scope
Hesh and AP are pretty much the same. So either.

Last edited:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the game, haven't played it yet, but this whole page is like just complaints. Fuck. Didn't expect that.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the game, haven't played it yet, but this whole page is like just complaints. Fuck. Didn't expect that.
No worries. The core gameplay and BF experiences is great. Its more of the bugs and DICE changing the TTK (before addressing the other issues) that people are upset about currently. The game DEF need more time in development...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As much as I complain, I still like this game. DICE turned around Battlefront 2 and they can do the same here.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I like the game a lot. The game barely came out, so I assume DICE is still working out some stuff. If a few months pass and i don't see much of a change, thats when I should be worried.

Paid $30 for it and definitely getting my moneys worth

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No worries. The core gameplay and BF experiences is great. Its more of the bugs and DICE changing the TTK (before addressing the other issues) that people are upset about currently. The game DEF need more time in development...
It's a great game, especially if you've got your squad on voice chat.

Good to hear. I managed to get the game for $24 but won't be able to play until very early January so hopefully DICE has addressed the issues in a way that's best for the game/community.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Every game is just supports and recon now. It's a gauntlet of sniper fire and prone mg guys. Revives are dependent on random squadmates (rip) and tanks are a nightmare because there's not enough assaults whittling them down, especially after the panzer nerf.
Disagree on revives. Got revived whenever it's possible for someone to do so.
Played 60 hours since launch and this has been pretty much the tone throughout.
Also every game is support and recon: not true in my case, there are a lot medics and assault in every match scoring very high. Don't know exactly if the system measures how often a player switches classes in a match or if it shows only the class you are at the moment or at the end of a round, but it seems balanced so far.
I've never understood complaints about "got killed by prones", do you expect them running around all the time and be an easy target? This is a wargame after all, one where you have to defend objectives, so complain about campers or players lying down is silly to me.

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree on revives. Got revived whenever it's possible for someone to do so.
Played 60 hours since launch and this has been pretty much the tone throughout.
Also every game is support and recon: not true in my case, there are a lot medics and assault in every match scoring very high. Don't know exactly if the system measures how often a player switches classes in a match or if it shows only the class you are at the end of a round, but seems balanced so far.
I've never understood complaints about "got killed by prones", do you expect them running around all the time and be an easy target? This is a wargame after all, one where you have to defend objectives, so complain about campers or players lying down is silly to me.
I get revived plenty too. When I'm playing Medic, I have to play safer and check the area around me to see if I need to clear it before even I attempt to revive anyone else now. lol. I'm assuming half of the people who play Medics do this too and the others dont revive at all. lol

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Having to land an extra bullet means you have to maintain good aim for an extra bullet. That rewards skilled players. You need to be just as quick as before but now extra precision (not just landing shots but landing headshots) is rewarded even more. If you find that fun or not is another story but the game is in a better place for good players to dominate now.

Nah. Disagree. That would be the case for a small team arena shooter game. Absolutely.

But in a big battlefield game all a higher TTK does is mean that one very good player finds it harder to win 2v1 3v1 situations. So the very good players and squads have less impact since they can't put themselves into those positions as much without dying. It averages the skill out and lowers the effective skill ceiling.

I can play TDM or domination - and absolutely destroy teams almost single handed, because the player count is low enough that the higher TTK plays to my advantage. But with the new TTK in conquest it is much, much harder because if I flank the chances are I won't be able to take more than one enemy out. And whilst BF is a team game, the effect of raising the TTK is more zerging and less flanking and less tactical play.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I guess I am not getting the helmet in tides of war because it refuses to track any kills for it.

Also screw arras on frontlines. Its so in favour of the germans.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
So I've come back from a break and was happy to see a practice range. Then I tried it.
This is not the practice range of any past battlefield game, you can't try all the vehicles or modify weapons?

Just the shit I expected, a lacklustre update that contained not even a quarter baked practice range, a new mode/map that's on rotation that I've still yet to be able to play.

Ah well, back to actually playing and figuring it out I guess :P

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We will get no TTK 2.0 weapon balance before the new year I assume? Lowering the TTK for Christmas newbs but then leaving the balance fucked up like that is pretty silly. Add me to the people that have lost all hope for this game.
Also how can it be that even on night maps in BF1 I can actually see people without being spotted, even though it's difficult because it's night. But you can make out shapes and movement. Even when someone is prone, I might see him too late and he kills me but I still see him. Also I am still convinced soldiers are bigger in BF1 than in BFV at the same distance lol (no my FoV is the same in both).

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
So why is it that several people on YouTube are peddling the misinformation that "EA told gamers not to buy this game," and leaving out the inconvenient context of that statement? Like, oh I don't know, how EA said it in response to the people who were complaining that players would be able to play as women in the multiplayer?

Like the following articles so clearly explain:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-v/battlefield-5-fan-backlash

https://www.thumbsticks.com/ea-responds-battlefield-v-backlash-06152018/

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17453728/ea-women-in-battlefield-v-backlash-response

And yet I've been seeing YouTube videos pouring into my feed talking about how "THEY DIDN'T WANT US TO BUY IT". Like, what? How much of a moron are you?

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So why is it that several people on YouTube are peddling the misinformation that "EA told gamers not to buy this game," and leaving out the inconvenient context of that statement? Like, oh I don't know, how EA said it in response to the people who were complaining that players would be able to play as women in the multiplayer?
Most people just read the headlines and think they know what it's all about. This gets even worse since all headlines these days are pretty much sensationalism clickbait. No one care about context anymore.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Nah. Disagree. That would be the case for a small team arena shooter game. Absolutely.

But in a big battlefield game all a higher TTK does is mean that one very good player finds it harder to win 2v1 3v1 situations. So the very good players and squads have less impact since they can't put themselves into those positions as much without dying. It averages the skill out and lowers the effective skill ceiling.

I can play TDM or domination - and absolutely destroy teams almost single handed, because the player count is low enough that the higher TTK plays to my advantage. But with the new TTK in conquest it is much, much harder because if I flank the chances are I won't be able to take more than one enemy out. And whilst BF is a team game, the effect of raising the TTK is more zerging and less flanking and less tactical play.

Not necessarily. Just as an extreme example the BF2 mod Project Reality uses the game's woefully inaccurate guns which gives it a functionally high TTK, but the result is that it encourages coordinated fire as opposed to lone wolfing.

It's just about how well it meshes with the rest of the mechanics.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
So having spent some more time with the new TTK over the weekend I can see a little more why they have done it and I'm adapting. In the larger scheme of things it's still wrong but as a temporary mitigation of harder to fix issues (TTD) it helps in some respects. It is still unbalanced in how the blanket approach has affected some weapons more than others though and without any adjustment in mag sizes it has other unwanted side effects too. I don't hate it as much as I did initially though.

I still think TTD is the bigger problem that - once addressed - will mean TTK is taken back closer to it's original settings.

Finished my second week of Tides challenges in good time - the final three ticked off in one good match. I do like what they are doing with these challenges in encouraging and demonstrating good play. The 10 revives as a medic was a pain with the squad I played with and my competence with an SMG but I enjoyed successfully using smoke to provide cover for myself whilst reviving - that's pretty satisfying.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not necessarily. Just as an extreme example the BF2 mod Project Reality uses the game's woefully inaccurate guns which gives it a functionally high TTK, but the result is that it encourages coordinated fire as opposed to lone wolfing.

It's just about how well it meshes with the rest of the mechanics.

But the point is that co-ordinated fire = zerging = lack of skill ceiling.

I get that the game isn't about supporting lone wolfs - BUT you end up back at BF1 which was a soulless skilless mess - full of grenade spam and 20 soldiers in a room firing out at 20 soldiers trying to get into the room.

BFV was intended by DICE to be the opposite of that. To be about flanking and tactics and being able to defend and attack equally and not about huge groups finding safety in numbers all the time. At the start of the game it absolutely achieved that. But now the balance is shifting back towards BF1 where a single squad or player will struggle to flank effectively and backcap points IF the enemy team knows what they are doing. And that means tactically with two relatively matched teams you will end up with the zerg effect.

It might be better when they balance out the weapons around the new TTK properly. Or it might not. But still in a large game like this lower TTK IMO is more likely to produce a higher skill ceiling.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Panzerstorm is such a good map. Wasn't too hot at the beginning, but now it's among my favourite maps. It's a great Battlefield map. More of this please!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Panzerstorm is excellent. It's probably one of the most authentically scaled maps in the entire series. To a fault, arguably, for people who don't like more open terrain. But more than any other map it captures the sense of actually traversing across realistically proportioned fields, roads, and fencing towards objectives as if it were the real deal. The sense of scale is legitimate and stuff like attacking the church and preparing for incoming tanks has a proper World War II feel.

Finally got the last assignment in the current tides of war, too, after being told I have to be squad leader and drop the V2 myself. Had an excellent squad that spotted a solid location right out the front of the hanger on Aerodrome, using Q to give a good target. Ended up with something like 9 kills, which I'm happy with.

Was all on a Conquest Core server too. Honestly never going back. Weapon balance works. It's unbearable how utterly fucked the new TTK is for the gunplay. Balance is broken, full stop. The fact I can actually hold my own with an MP40 as medic on conquest core says enough.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
To be fair even though I don't like the new TTK, I'm still enjoying the game. Mostly I play core but even when I play the standard playlist I'm enjoying my time. BFV is great

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
But the point is that co-ordinated fire = zerging = lack of skill ceiling.

This is a pretty baffling conclusion. "Zerging" in Battlefield usually refers to matches where the teams are all offense and so flags are just churned the entire match. It has a variety of causes (mainly squad spawns, infinite sprint, and claustrophobic maps that make it easy for the "zerg" to avoid the other team's) but BFV is still a zergfest on maps like Fjelle and Arras on both ttks.

I get that the game isn't about supporting lone wolfs - BUT you end up back at BF1 which was a soulless skilless mess - full of grenade spam and 20 soldiers in a room firing out at 20 soldiers trying to get into the room.

BFV was intended by DICE to be the opposite of that. To be about flanking and tactics and being able to defend and attack equally and not about huge groups finding safety in numbers all the time. At the start of the game it absolutely achieved that. But now the balance is shifting back towards BF1 where a single squad or player will struggle to flank effectively and backcap points IF the enemy team knows what they are doing. And that means tactically with two relatively matched teams you will end up with the zerg effect.

It might be better when they balance out the weapons around the new TTK properly. Or it might not. But still in a large game like this lower TTK IMO is more likely to produce a higher skill ceiling.

Theoretically the game is supposed to be about squad play. All the marketing material and a ton of the mechanics are designed specifically to encourage you to stay with your squad. And honestly I disagree with your conclusion - it should be difficult to backcap, and their should be actual front lines. In the classic BF games most maps were Conquest Assault and and were designed to have actual front lines - Sharqi, Gulf, Daquin, Songhua, and Karkand had pretty clear separation and where the fighting should take place. Starting with BF3 this disappeared completely - consider how often the hotel flag in Karkand changed hands, and contrast that with how often any one flag in Arras flips.

That being said, I don't necessarily agree with the new ttk. But I don't like the old ttk either. I don't think these weightless laser-accurate guns that let you climb a hill and smack a guy in the head three times from 150m in half a second work for the kind of game Battlefield is trying to be.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies - dumb question about tides of war incoming:-

I did some of the weekly challenges last week, and they seemed to complete regardless of what game type I played.

I played today, and did some squad revives, but I'm still at 0 out of 6 revives on the very first node. When I hit "A" on it, it takes me to a special splash screen and a domination match button....

So for these weekly challenges are you meant press A on each one to go into a "special" match to try and complete it?

More on topic - I prefer a slower TTK - but I am a useless scrub who doesn't have to worry about skill ceilings...

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Apologies - dumb question about tides of war incoming:-

I did some of the weekly challenges last week, and they seemed to complete regardless of what game type I played.

I played today, and did some squad revives, but I'm still at 0 out of 6 revives on the very first node. When I hit "A" on it, it takes me to a special splash screen and a domination match button....

So for these weekly challenges are you meant press A on each one to go into a "special" match to try and complete it?

More on topic - I prefer a slower TTK - but I am a useless scrub who doesn't have to worry about skill ceilings...

No, it doesn't matter the game type. Do note the specific details though, the revive mission for example you have to be playing as Assault, Support or Recon, not Medic, and it only counts squad mates not all teammates.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So my squad in operations was always stuck with new players for some reason. I kept getting players under level 9, I even got a bunch of zeroes. Anyways, they all kept quitting. I one stayed the entire duration of it and they went like 5-30. The new TTK doesn't help new players. They die just as fast, but now they can't kill anyone.

Yep. As a somewhat "new" player on PC, all the new TTK does is allowing me to perhaps survive an encounter or two. But then, I can't kill much either because weapons don't have all that much ammo. The TTK just doesn't suit this game.

I die more on Conquest Core, but even then, I also kill more so it's actually more fun. It's far more rewarding when you flank as a medic in close quarters and you have that moment of "damn I'm good" while it last. New TTK just make you *perhaps* survive more encounters.

Main advice: don't show deaths on the scoreboards. Star Wars Battlefront is much casual friendly and it doesn't show that. Once you stop giving a shit about K/D ratios in Battlefield, the old TTK stops being "frustrating to new players".

As much as I complain, I still like this game. DICE turned around Battlefront 2 and they can do the same here.

To be fair even though I don't like the new TTK, I'm still enjoying the game. Mostly I play core but even when I play the standard playlist I'm enjoying my time. BFV is great

Yep. I can play both old and new TTK modes, and still have fun either way. It needs to be fixed, but the game is enjoyable despite everything.

At the moment, my real complaint here is that when looking for Conquest servers on PC, there are like two Conquest Core, with queues of 9 people or so (south america). Servers are usually full, but damn this is horrible. I suggest that when a Queue is long enough (4 to 5+ players) the game gives you an estimated time of waiting vs getting into a new server. I'm pretty sure when looking at the server list, it would take less to start a new server so those waiting join there, than waiting in line for other 10 people to stop caring, but how can anyone know?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No, it doesn't matter the game type. Do note the specific details though, the revive mission for example you have to be playing as Assault, Support or Recon, not Medic, and it only counts squad mates not all teammates.
OK thanks - I was a support class ( I was throwing out ammo pouches) and the people I revived had the green icon about their heads for squad mates....

In one screen it even said 2/6 in the background...but in the main "tides of war" screen it shows 0 or 6....maybe it's bugged then.

Why are these challenge circles even clickable!?

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Panzerstorm is such a good map. Wasn't too hot at the beginning, but now it's among my favourite maps. It's a great Battlefield map. More of this please!

I'm so off and on with Panzerstorm.

It's a ton of fun with balanced teams but it's an absolute nightmare if one team has tank control. Machine guns are so good that you get laser beamed over and over if you even think about crossing an open field. I wish the vehicles were as quick and easy to use as the ones in bf3 and bf4. I hardly ever see anyone ever use transports anymore.

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
Is the rocket assignment bugged or just incorrect and that you need the kills as squad leader? I played a bunch of games this weekend and the squad I was in got plenty of kills with the rocket, but I didn't get any credit.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Is the rocket assignment bugged or just incorrect and that you need the kills as squad leader? I played a bunch of games this weekend and the squad I was in got plenty of kills with the rocket, but I didn't get any credit.
Doesnt matter if bugged or incorrect, but you need to be squad leader and get the kills with the rocket.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean look at this scoreboard. It's almost nothing but support and recon. Every time I died it was some prone ass KE7 or recon.

BF-V-RECON.png

You're on PC, right? Yeah that sucks. Thankfully it isn't like that on console since it's harder to aim with a controller. We get a lot of Assaults with semi-autos instead. Still a lot of Support players though, but that's just the universal meta regardless of platform.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
You're on PC, right? Yeah that sucks. Thankfully it isn't like that on console since it's harder to aim with a controller. We get a lot of Assaults with semi-autos instead. Still a lot of Support players though, but that's just the universal meta regardless of platform.
You still find a bunch of prone garbage on console. Luckily every game on Xbox the whole team is mixed not concentrating on one class only

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone experiencing the rubber banding issues in every game?

I have not seen dice addressing it and not seeing it mentioned.

Im running on the spot for a second every 20 seconds and although it might not sound bad, it does affect the gameplay very much to the point i have given up. (playing on XBX)

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017

That's definitely not the norm from the many hours I've put into the game on PC. Especially on Rotterdam. Usually, even with the TTK changes you have a fairly even split of all classes.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone experiencing the rubber banding issues in every game?

I have not seen dice addressing it and not seeing it mentioned.

Im running on the spot for a second every 20 seconds and although it might not sound bad, it does affect the gameplay very much to the point i have given up. (playing on XBX)
Nope not at all. 60 hours in and on X also.

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely not the norm from the many hours I've put into the game on PC. Especially on Rotterdam. Usually, even with the TTK changes you have a fairly even split of all classes.

What game mode? I wonder if it's because of Breakthrough with more people hanging back in Forerunner 's game. They know they only need to face one direction and so the game devolves into a sniper fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.