• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I'm almost too afraid to ask, but...

what is a DRAW in Grand Operations (leading to the 4th day)?
The attackers win the first two days and the defenders the last one?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So when are they gonna fix the non vibration on consoles while playing Operations? I mean should be a easy fix..

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Now the game is back to taking an eternity to put me into a match (Domination), and when it does I'm either the only player or one of a handful. WTF is this?

I'm just about done with this.

Last edited:

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to hear they're rolling back their TTK change. I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of a longer TTK, but the implementation was a hot mess.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yes. So happy they reverted the change and can't wait to jump back in now. Best gunplay in the series is coming back.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017

Only the outcome of the 3rd day matters. Whoever wins the 3rd day wins the GO, if it's a draw on the 3rd day (not possible on Norway or North Africa afaik).
Feel like you guys would know best, is the Deluxe Edition worth the extra $20 or should I just go with the normal edition?
Not worth the 20$

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Attacker wins Day 1, Defender wins Day 2 (or vice-versa) and then neither team completes the objective in time for Day 3.

Whoever wins the 3rd day wins the GO

Pretty sure this is not true (if it is that needs to be seriously reworked), but I also have not touched GO in a very long time.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck do i love Fjell. I love hunting tanks but i love this map even more.

Kinda wish we had snow tempests were more often though. Infantry fights are epic in those.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are there even new guns/items for week 2? I still have week one in my menu and it's not progressing so I can do neither week one nor two. Fun times.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Thank fuuuck they're reverting this. There's so many other issues with the game that I personally feel contribute to the feeling of dying too quickly that are not related to the TTK at all. And it was abundantly clear the game was not balanced around the new TTK, the weapon balance and moment-to-moment play superior under the launch TTK. Fragmenting the audience and breaking the balance was not a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Keeping the vision unified and balancing and fixing the game around that is much, much better. Really happy, if surprised, DICE has decided to do this.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finding the last get a V2 rocket kill/assist a little frustrating. Had a great game with a great team but the leader basically hoarded 60+ thousand points instead of using them.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
One of those Operations planes on the ground lol

5ad9c464-d18e-4a7a-9f28-84d2cfa5a406_Thumbnail.PNG

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Very very good news.
I predict a bright future for this game, it's too good.
Now work on a smooth Firestorm launch Dice. March will be huge for Battlefield V.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I just got everything done except for the V2 rocket assignment. It clearly doesn't work if you are not squad lead and people are not giving up squad lead because of it right now...

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
"Easiest" V2 kills for me were on Aerodrome. Map is small enough that moving between points makes it decently easy earn squad points. And if the enemy has captured and is decently holding C you can drop the rocket on the doorway and get a pile of kills.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Is it just me, or do the tides of war rewards thus far seem totally useless? The gun is an absolute joke.

Edit: Great high rate of fire, but aiming is so odd because the sights don't point to where the crosshairs are in the HUD.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Is it just me, or do the tides of war rewards thus far seem totally useless? The gun is an absolute joke.

Edit: Great high rate of fire, but aiming is so odd because the sights don't point to where the crosshairs are in the HUD.
This weapon was made for campers. Lay on the ground and just shred or use the bipod on a window frame or whatever for the gun to be stable af while hipfiring

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear that they'll revert the TTK to how it was before.

Is there any online site that reliably tracks your stats and let's you compare stats with friends? Something similar to the Battlefield One Companion (https://www.battlefield.com/companion)? Seems like a huge thing to be missing in a game like this.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Good on DICE for the revert to OG TTK. Now let's get those bugs fixed.
Good call. I didn't mind the new TTK, but I think they were just testing things out and wanted to see what the reaction was. Well, they certainly got their reaction, now they're backpedaling. I hope they just focus on bug fixes for the time being. We do need to be honest with ourselves though, we probably won't see another patch until the first of the year that has any bug fixes in it.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
So for the Operation assignment (The Launching Operation) it's enough to win a single round for each country? You don't have to win the whole thing? Just completed the assignment when my team won the last round after losing the first two.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Ok. Great that they came to their senses. The changes were absurd and messed with the whole game.

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I preferred the new TTK, or at least I liked the idea of an extra bullet to kill on most guns. I'm fine either way though, whatever keeps the population up is fine with me. Player visibility, sound bugs, and net code issues are the main things that absolutely have to be fixed. Weapon balancing can come later for all I care lol.
agreed

this just rewards the best players with cannon fodder to destroy

don't know why they couldn't just stay in the hardcore server and balance the weapons based on that

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad they decided to revert to the original TTK. I did not expect them to do it so soon. Thank you so much. This game has a bright future if Dice gives it the support it needs. They need to focus on ironing out bugs/glitches, work on weapon balance, class balance and add new content. They can also work on improving some of the maps we already have.

Last edited:

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they improve player visibility on some of these maps. I love all the changes they have made with Battlefield V but 2 features in the game seem to be copied from Battlefield 1 and are totally out of place. The melee combat is frustrating and rage-inducing. I constantly keep getting meleed from the side or front. They shouldn't have an animation for melee combat. And a melee attack from the front should do minimal damage. They need to rework the melee combat completely. The second problem is incendiary grenades. They are too powerful and effective. It seems like they nerfed all other grenade types which makes this game very enjoyable but decided to keep the incendiary grenades powerful. Incendiary grenades should be balanced like the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.