• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The game feels so much better. Also UP the dynamic weather pls DICE. I've only seen the sandstorm once, they are awesome

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I came back to the game and played a few games yesterday and really liked it. I managed to escape a few times, and for once, was actually on the winning side a couple of times.

We also had a Conquest match that went down to the last 5 tickets (out of 500). Felt really good to be a medic and I picked up like 10 revives in the last couple of minutes of the game.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
God this game is just so good, the squad and I are salivating for new content.

Panzerstorm is the best map yet; actually feels like Battlefield! Shocker!

I also have 1000 kills with the Drilling. I'm in love.

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the new weapon from what little I played with it last night.

Had a frustrating night trying to get the rocket kill assignment. Played a few games before supper and couldn't get squad leader in either of them, quit after the second game and the game didn't quit and took me to the next map. Noticed I was squad leader, was excited and decided to stay for another game. Within the first 2 minutes I see we have 0 flags captured and are getting spawn camped at our spawn (near A flag on Rotterdam). Check the scoreboard and I'm in a lopsided match where the other team has 32 players and we have 16. Stayed for a few more minutes to see if players would join on our side, but I quit when we were down to 9 players on our team.

I ate supper, took a breather and decided to try again, got into a match that hadn't begun yet and I'm a squad leader again, but in a squad of 1. Check the squad menu and all the other squads are squads of 2 or 3 and all locked. I quit and decided to give up on the assignment. I don't even care about the helmet, but I would have liked the Chapter xp.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I like the Ribeyrolles but the medic class should have gotten it, not assault.

Need prequel memes.

469grihdw0521.jpg

lol levelcap

Last edited:

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, when did they add a new map? How have I not played on Panzerstorm yet? Is it only for certain game modes?

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
This fucking post-game map bug is annoying. Finish a game, press continue and it loads the same map that just finished.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with these ToW assignments.

Last week I couldn't complete the snowman one due to a documented bug with fortifications which they only managed to fix after the week was over so I missed out on that.

This week I've gotten 2+ kills with the rocket as a squad leader in three different games and received no credit for any of them. The revives with a syringe also don't count at all even though I easily revived 20+ teammates in a round yesterday.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So is it just pretty much established at this point that reviving isn't a thing people do anymore (at least on PS4)?

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
People do revive farely often. My squad mates do that as well as the teammates. Very rarely I have a medic sitting on my corpse because he probably is too stupid to figure out how to revive someone. Sometimes it is neccessary to scan the environment for enemies. I mean, there must be a reason that person died, so caution is a virtue here.

I have more problems with supporters not giving me any ammo.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Still think the game rewards campy tactics.

Everything and their dog are on the ground with a SLR or bipod lmg.

Trash.
Oh it totally does. Almost everyone is either prone or camped in a window. If you try to run and gun in this, you typically get picked off by some dude you never saw, and still don't know where the hell they are.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh it totally does. Almost everyone is either prone or camped in a window. If you try to run and gun in this, you typically get picked off by some dude you never saw, and still don't know where the hell they are.
Yea, this game rewards camping or "tactical movement", like some like to call it, more than any previous BF. Why get shot by a camper lying prone on rubble when YOU can be the camper... and there isn't even a death cam yet that shows where you are. Brilliant design.

Oct 29, 2017
So is it just pretty much established at this point that reviving isn't a thing people do anymore (at least on PS4)?

I get revived a ton sometimes. I get revived none sometimes. It's been like this for every Battlefield ever, and will continue being a problem in the future. It's such a pointless complaint, and entirely defendant on your team.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the historical reason that gun is named after a steak? Purely curious lol

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I get that it can be annoying but it is the point of LMGs and MMGs to be prone (or mounted) when using one. Do you expect support players to run around clubbing people to death with the guns? It's a strength of the game that it supports lots of different styles and types of play. It even encourages it through assignments. Can't blame people for playing how they are told and how they enjoy the game.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I get revived a ton sometimes. I get revived none sometimes. It's been like this for every Battlefield ever, and will continue being a problem in the future. It's such a pointless complaint, and entirely defendant on your team.
It's not a pointless complaint at all. It's an issue, and one where there are likely solutions.

-Make anyone able to revive anyone (this would obviously mean medics would need more to make them different)
-Have it take less time to revive so you're not a sitting duck
-Revives should be an actual statistic on the scoreboard. People don't get about XP popping up in the screen - they want to see stats on the board
-Don't have the revive button be the same button as a bunch of other commands. It's annoying as fuck trying revive and you're instead picking up guns or opening a door

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this game rewards camping or "tactical movement", like some like to call it, more than any previous BF. Why get shot by a camper lying prone on rubble when YOU can be the camper... and there isn't even a death cam yet that shows where you are. Brilliant design.

I'm pretty sure when people say tactical movement, they don't mean going prone/camping with an lmg/mmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.