• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Has there been even a peep that they might adjust some of the mastery assignments? Cause man this "get 20 headshot kills in an objective area in one round" is a bit ridiculous for the Seblaster.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
nusqevuu53521.jpg

lmao

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or did I notice in my extended play this evening that there were less insta-deaths?

Probably just you, I had a good few last night including from a Sten at distance. Full health to insta-death :-(

I also had a great death whilst defending the cinema on Devastation. Waiting upstairs trying to hold out until reinforcements arrives knowing a squad had just come in the front door I watched the gap in the wall they were going to come in from - prone in a corner obvs ;-). I insta-died followed by the person who killed me appearing around the corner and shooting me ...

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Probably just you, I had a good few last night including from a Sten at distance. Full health to insta-death :-(

I also had a great death whilst defending the cinema on Devastation. Waiting upstairs trying to hold out until reinforcements arrives knowing a squad had just come in the front door I watched the gap in the wall they were going to come in from - prone in a corner obvs ;-). I insta-died followed by the person who killed me appearing around the corner and shooting me ...
Damn hopefully they can get that sorted.

Also illuminate the enemies and we will be in pretty good shape with some weapon tweaks

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I decided to overclock my CPU, and while doing so realized BFV was using 100% of my 4690k on the lowest graphics settings with just 50% GPU usage. (rx 580).

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
I don't know what it is, I just can't get my head around flying in the battlefield/battlefront series. Anyone know of a good YouTube channel with flying tips etc. ?

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Platinum is in the bag. Got the MP trophies ages ago and didn't feel like doing the SP right away. But did it in the last couple of days. It wasn't great, but not as bad as some make it out to be. BF1 was better though.
Hope they don't go the Battlefront II route and don't add new trophies. I NEED MAH CARROT DICE! 😩

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Platinum is in the bag. Got the MP trophies ages ago and didn't feel like doing the SP right away. But did it in the last couple of days. It wasn't great, but not as bad as some make it out to be. BF1 was better though.
Hope they don't go the Battlefront II route and don't add new trophies. I NEED MAH CARROT DICE! 😩

Tides of War, career, class, weapon, vehicle, dogtags, medals?

Loads of things to unlock! :D

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The 1897 was fun then I went slugs and now not so much, slugs don't seem worth it in this game. I wish I went the buckshot route. Plus I'm constantly low on CC, so it's a pain to level things up.

Ribeyrolles is bae though. Slap a x3 scope on that thing and you're pretty much good for anything.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So that's a negative on new trophies....?

Not sure if anything is planned on that, to be honest (on vacation, out of the loop). But first party achievements are usually more problematic to set up as you've to comply with their certification requirements. I know before you had to have paid content attached to any of them. Think this has changed with this generation, maybe? But if it's still the case, we technically don't have "DLC" for the game as all updates and content are just delivered as part of the base package, so there aren't any additional package offers to tie the achievements to. But I'm not fully up to date on the requirements these days, so that might not be the case anymore.

TLDR: Yes to unlocks in the game. Unsure about the unlocks relying on other parties.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
elenarie
Any word on a fix for the crash to desktop problem a lot of us have? There's a 22 page thread on the EA forum with no working fix for the problem.

I have tried everything and can barely play a single game without the game just hard crashing to desktop. No overclock, new Windows install, fresh game install, problem persists.

Disabled g-sync, limited my fps, disabled 3d-audio among a bunch of other things. Problem is still happening and this wasn't a problem at all until the tides of war patch on the 4th or something. Never crashed for the first 3 weeks.

It's extremely frustrating to play now when I can barely play a single match to completion.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
elenarie
Any word on a fix for the crash to desktop problem a lot of us have? There's a 22 page thread on the EA forum with no working fix for the problem.

I have tried everything and can barely play a single game without the game just hard crashing to desktop. No overclock, new Windows install, fresh game install, problem persists.

Disabled g-sync, limited my fps, disabled 3d-audio among a bunch of other things. Problem is still happening and this wasn't a problem at all until the tides of war patch on the 4th or something. Never crashed for the first 3 weeks.

It's extremely frustrating to play now when I can barely play a single match to completion.

I was having a problem that was being caused by the overlay in Origin. Disabling it fixed it for me so it might be worth a shot turning that off if you have it on to see if it helps you as well.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
oooh, Battlefield tracker now displays individual games. I dunno if it's new but I juuuust noticed when I was looking at my stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1075359309313791168?handle=randomrosso

Wonder if DICE will do anything official at some point. I still have the Battlefield app on my phone though that's more or less useless at this point

Hmm, I checked mine for a map I played on last night and it doesn't seem to track it accurately. It has me pegged as playing Assault with a Sturmgewehr 1-5, when I was in fact Recon with the Mannlicher M1985.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Not sure if anything is planned on that, to be honest (on vacation, out of the loop). But first party achievements are usually more problematic to set up as you've to comply with their certification requirements. I know before you had to have paid content attached to any of them. Think this has changed with this generation, maybe? But if it's still the case, we technically don't have "DLC" for the game as all updates and content are just delivered as part of the base package, so there aren't any additional package offers to tie the achievements to. But I'm not fully up to date on the requirements these days, so that might not be the case anymore.

TLDR: Yes to unlocks in the game. Unsure about the unlocks relying on other parties.

Thanks for the explanation Elenarie.
The lack of additional trophies in Battlefront II didn't keep me from playing a ungodly amount more, nor will it with BFV ;-)

Now get of this forum and enjoy your free time!

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I don't know what it is, I just can't get my head around flying in the battlefield/battlefront series. Anyone know of a good YouTube channel with flying tips etc. ?

I also struggle with it, but as a Joystick user on PC. I have the sensitivity set to mostly what it is in BF1, but it just seems way off - either too much sensitivity or not enough and it throws off my aim. It's just not precise like it is in older Battlefields (1942 through 4) where flying with a Joystick is super easy. I'm searched around and can't find examples of people's best settings for BFV.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
Given the current state of the game, I would be happily surprised if we got more than 3-4 new maps.
I know its optimistic but I hope for the first year anyways that we get a new map every couple of months until we have at least 12 or so. That and I hope our next map is another urban map like Rotterdam. Those are my favorites.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So are they EVER going to fix the spawning in this? I'm tired of not being able to spawn when my squadmates are dead, and it keeps telling me the spawn point I selected is no longer available.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I only upgrade the weapons I like using, but they probably should up the rate at which you earn CC.

So are they EVER going to fix the spawning in this? I'm tired of not being able to spawn when my squadmates are dead, and it keeps telling me the spawn point I selected is no longer available.

I think those problems really started with the last patch. No new patch yet, so I wouldn't expect any change until January.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Does anything carry over from Battlefield 1?

I want to play on a sub account which I haven't played with on BF1.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I never saw this, but these were the weapons/gadgets/vehicles that were data mined a while back. Some interesting stuff coming. Here's the video if you want a source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrNN9EN5Rg

Assault Rifles: Ribeyrolles 1918

Semi-Automatic Rifles: AG m/42, MAS-44

Submachine Guns: Patchett, Welgun, ZK-383, Lanchester

Shotguns: M1897, Sjögren

Light Machine Guns: Chauchat, Madsen, S2-200

Medium Machine Guns: VGO, Darne, M1919

Self-Loading Rifles: S1906

Bolt Action Rifles: Ross

Pistol Carbines: C96, Mle 1903, P08 Artillerie, De Lisle

Machine Pistols: Stop Auto, M12/P.16, Model 900

Gadgets: Hafthohlladung, M2 Flamethrower, Einstossflammenwerfer 46, Fliegerfaust, Panzerschreck

Vehicles: Hummel, Grille, Bishop, Flak 88

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I never saw this, but these were the weapons/gadgets/vehicles that were data mined a while back. Some interesting stuff coming. Here's the video if you want a source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrNN9EN5Rg

Assault Rifles: Ribeyrolles 1918

Semi-Automatic Rifles: AG m/42, MAS-44

Submachine Guns: Patchett, Welgun, ZK-383, Lanchester

Shotguns: M1897, Sjögren

Light Machine Guns: Chauchat, Madsen, S2-200

Medium Machine Guns: VGO, Darne, M1919

Self-Loading Rifles: S1906

Bolt Action Rifles: Ross

Pistol Carbines: C96, Mle 1903, P08 Artillerie, De Lisle

Machine Pistols: Stop Auto, M12/P.16, Model 900

Gadgets: Hafthohlladung, M2 Flamethrower, Einstossflammenwerfer 46, Fliegerfaust, Panzerschreck

Vehicles: Hummel, Grille, Bishop, Flak 88
Where the fuck is the Garand???

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Does anything carry over from Battlefield 1?

I want to play on a sub account which I haven't played with on BF1.

If you played BF1 about a month before BFV, they had some unlockables for BFV in BF1. Just some skins for certain returning guns. Depends if you played and unlocked enough points during those certain time periods.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
So im almost out of coins and i still have nearly every vehicle still to upgrade.

Havent bought any cosmetics, only gun upgrades. I'm about 130+ hours of playtime now. Have less than 2,000 coins.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
Americans are probably farther down the road. This is just stuff that is currently known.

My guess is once America/Japan is added. They'll put in the Garand, BAR, Grease Gun, and M1919.

Once? Has there been any confirmation this is in the plans?

It would be a total missed opportunity for it not to happen, but unless they come out with some sort of paid content, I'm having a tough time believing it will happen.

I don't see cosmetic micro transactions carrying this game. It's not like Fortnite where your characters looks are front and center. I can barely distinguish classes when I come up on someone.

I believe this is the reason they tried to change TTK before Xmas to keep the crowd that would be interested in cosmetics coming back.

Seems to me this game flopped hard and without premium the revenue stream won't be there to support a road map that includes all factions from WW2. I pray I'm wrong and if they pulled a 180 and added paid DLC, I'm sure it would cause an uproar, but I'd happily pay for more maps.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Once? Has there been any confirmation this is in the plans?

It would be a total missed opportunity for it not to happen, but unless they come out with some sort of paid content, I'm having a tough time believing it will happen.

I don't see cosmetic micro transactions carrying this game. It's not like Fortnite where your characters looks are front and center. I can barely distinguish classes when I come up on someone.

I believe this is the reason they tried to change TTK before Xmas to keep the crowd that would be interested in cosmetics coming back.

Seems to me this game flopped hard and without premium the revenue stream won't be there to support a road map that includes all factions from WW2. I pray I'm wrong and if they pulled a 180 and added paid DLC, I'm sure it would cause an uproar, but I'd happily pay for more maps.

Yeah I'm worried about future content also. I never had an issue with the premium pass, i always thought it was a good value.

If they are doing currency for cosmetic purchases they probably should have had that in from the start and have it be seperate from upgrade currency.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Well the good denizens of Battlefield have figured out that putting "dick" after any expletive will bypass the censor. Y'all take one good guess at which word they're appending it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.