• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I get that its just away from the bridge it can become a bit "cap, run, cap, run...." and little in the way of action at times.

I don't know, there's always at least someone to defend the points when i play this map. Even if it's just one sniper. And two against a sniper can still lead to some interesting tactics. But it sure doesn't fit the run an gun attitude of many players.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
My favorite map is probably Hamada, strangely, since I didn't thought I would like that very much. That one and Rotterdam/Devastation. I specially like the Grand Op in Rotterdam, I like how it starts all "we'll fight honorably!" with the BF Main Theme playing at the begining, then it comes Devastation and it's switchs to a horrible outcome

Oct 28, 2017
Flak cannons need a buff. It's stupid that you can shoot a plane constantly and they'll be perfectly fine to just drop a bomb on you and keep going.
But no, got to cater to the vehicle only players.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally decided to finish a gold, but yeah people are right with the last challenge, if you just keep doing it, it'll eventually finish.

goldmp40.png

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
If there's a thing i'll never bother to do in BFV, it's clearly farming the gold skins. I find them all super ugly and the mint skins are already bordering on the too much fancy for me.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If there's a thing i'll never bother to do in BFV, it's clearly farming the gold skins. I find them all super ugly and the mint skins are already bordering on the too much fancy for me.
Yeah I am not a fan of the gold camo. I prefer the mint and nightowl camos tbh. Stll gonna unlock them..cause reasons...

Oct 25, 2017
Flak cannons need a buff. It's stupid that you can shoot a plane constantly and they'll be perfectly fine to just drop a bomb on you and keep going.
But no, got to cater to the vehicle only players.

Agreed. I jump in the flag cannons often when my teammates ignore enemy airpower, and they just aren't powerful enough. I'm a good shot with the flak, leading my targets well, but generally just end up as a nuisance rather than a true threat. The problem is the most notable in Breakthrough, where there is generally only one flak cannon per zone, and therefore you can't even use multiple to put a real hurt on enemy aircraft. Defenders also don't always have air support to call if of their own during Breakthrough (or at least Breakthrough as a part of Grand Operations).

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand the Bren. It has the slowest RoF out of any automatic in the game (514 rpm), yet it does the same damage as all the LMGs and MMGs. It's supposed to be the most accurate, but I don't see much difference between it and the Lewis or KE7. Also the Lewis had a lot more rounds. On top of it, it has a huge mag that just blocks your view.

If it did more damage per round than the others, it would make sense, however the gun just doesn't make any sense atm.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the Bren. It has the slowest RoF out of any automatic in the game (514 rpm), yet it does the same damage as all the LMGs and MMGs. It's supposed to be the most accurate, but I don't see much difference between it and the Lewis or KE7. Also the Lewis had a lot more rounds. On top of it, it has a huge mag that just blocks your view.

If it did more damage per round than the others, it would make sense, however the gun just doesn't make any sense atm.

I use the bren quite a lot. The main reason is cause it is from my favorite movie (lock, stock and two smoking barrels).
It has better accuracy then the Lewis and fits my run and gun style.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Holy hell, the {NDA} is a monster. Dispensing righteous fury upon all enemies. And that sound. When it fires, so good. :p

Now that we're back from the holidays, work is starting to flow. Nice to see everyone refreshed. :)

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I miss being able to strap c4 to a bike in BF4 and ramming them in to tanks.

I loved that in BF2MC. Little jeep tearing down the highway at a tank, weaving left and right as shells whizz past. Bail and detonate and bask in the glory of all. 😁. I used to C4 enemy choppers on the helipads and wait for unsuspecting victims too. Never could fly them, and had utmost respect for those that could, but I could blow them up!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"Thursday, January 10th Teaser – Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes – That's all we're going to say for now."

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
"Reach the AA gun on foot wiithout alerting any enemies."

I take it this is glitched? Completed it several times now without an alert and it wont pop. It's the final damn challenge I need to get the Last Tiger skin.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Joined a game and had no picture... could press options and my assignments would come up but that's it, couldn't see the game or the menu. I was walking around shooting unable to see a thing.

Are they serious?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm probably reading into the post too much, but righteous fury usually invokes fire and flamethrowers do have a very unique sound. So maybe the M2 or Einstossflammenwerfer 46. Or it might be the mobile artillery (Hummel and Bishop).

This is the stuff that was data mine and it has been proven accurate so far:

Assault class weapons:

• Ribeyrolles
  • Automatgevär m/42
  • MAS-44
Medic weapons:

• Patchett SMG (aka Sterling submachine gun)
  • BSA Welgun
  • ZK-383
  • Lanchester SMG
Recon weapons:

• Selbstlader 1906
  • Ross MkIII
Support weapons:

• Darne machine gun
  • Browning M1919
  • Vickers K
  • Solothurn-Steyr S2-200
  • Madsen MG
  • Chauchaut
  • M1897 Shotgun
  • Sjörgen Shotgun

Two more weapon classes:

• Carbines
    • C96
    • FN1903
    • Lange Pistole 08 (Artillery Luger)
    • DeLisle Carbine
  • Machine Pistols
    • Frommer Stop
    • Repetierpistole M1912/P16
    • Astra Model 900

Gadgets:

• Hafthohlladung (HHL-3 AT Grenade - Magnetic shaped charge)
  • M2 Flamethrower
  • Einstossflammenwerfer 46 (hand held single shot flamethrower)
  • Fliegerfaust (unguided, man-portable, and multi-barreled ground-to-air rocket launcher)
  • Panzerschreck

Vehicles:

• Mobile Artillery
    • Hummel (German)
    • Bishop (British)

Stationary:

• 8.8 cm Flak 18/36/37/41

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm finding out that the bayonet is the ideal weapon against prone players because it'll auto lock them. I'll be running and get a kill. lol

Also,

Last edited:

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just read that the BR mode will be squads only. If that is true than RiP because I don't think all the Twitch players will play this game constantly with 3 other people. They probably want to play solo for the most part. And lets be real, the mode would need to be big on Twitch for a while to bring in new people.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It's not for me, but I can see the sense of squads. If you're not bringing over the teamwork and class role aspect it's a bit pointless.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's not for me, but I can see the sense of squads. If you're not bringing over the teamwork and class role aspect it's a bit pointless.
How so? Who is the audience that wants to play a battle royale game with randoms constantly? Who the hell would want to play that? This is going to be a nightmare that gets dominated by pre-made squads and the solo players will get stomped. If there is no solo mode it's DOA.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
How so? Who is the audience that wants to play a battle royale game with randoms constantly? Who the hell would want to play that? This is going to be a nightmare that gets dominated by pre-made squads and the solo players will get stomped. If there is no solo mode it's DOA.
It's like the main game, proper squads will get the most out of it. Keeping them apart from randoms might work, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It would be great if it managed to teach players that class selection and mix was important, but that's obviously a fantasy.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
BF *is* squads. There is little point doing a BR mode that is not squads. It needs to distinguish itself from the rest of the field and play to it's strengths.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's like the main game, proper squads will get the most out of it.
That is not the same though. In the main game you have 7 other squads working towards the same goal as you.
BF *is* squads. There is little point doing a BR mode that is not squads. It needs to distinguish itself from the rest of the field and play to it's strengths.
This isn't about what BF is, it's about what the player wants to play. And I bet you my left nut that no one wants to play BR in squads with randoms.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Personally, I don't care for BR and don't play them. Also if I did enjoy and play them, I'd go play Fortnite and not BF. I play BF for well BF, not BR.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah not too fussed about the BR mode myself but I think squads only is a mistake, there is definitely a large number of BR fans that only enjoy solos.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

I want a BR that plays like BF. Squads are irrelevant to that. I want the movement, the gunplay the weapons and vehicles. I don't even want to see special abilities in a BR mode. Is someone just going to supply ammo to the rest of the squad? That ruins what BR is about. So yes, I agree that just going with squads will be a mistake.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
They're excluding a lot of people if it really is (stays) squads only, myself included.
People that, I don't know, maybe even would spend some real money on customization...? In a mode where they could potentially go all out with customization, as opposed to the main game?

Again: Live service and EA..... they wouldn't be able to make it good even if it came with an IKEA like manual. They're so bad at it.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, i'm not big on the idea of playing BR in Battlefield and if it's squads only and you are forced to communicate with others, that's for sure something i won't play. They better not force us to play this for theses Tides of War events that don't even register properly.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't about what BF is, it's about what the player wants to play. And I bet you my left nut that no one wants to play BR in squads with randoms.

It is about what BF is though. Squads are fundamental to all other Battlefield online modes, so if Battlefield is going to do a BR mode it naturally follows that it would be squad based to me. It allows the mode to distinguish itself from the other options out there. Taking that approach influences the design and feel of it.

Squad based BR with randoms can be great fun. I've played loads of BlackOut with randoms and added a good few friends to my list as a result so I've always got people I can party up with if I want to. The decent built in non-voice based comms in BFV will help a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.