• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Feels good to be back in the office again. :) Post-project syndrome hit me hard after the release of the game, had to take a break from everything related to it.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh look, yet another game where the clearly premade clan squads absolutely destroyed the random players.
This is totally fun, and not at all fucking awful in any way.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Oh look, yet another game where the clearly premade clan squads absolutely destroyed the random players.
This is totally fun, and not at all fucking awful in any way.

I don't get it. that's the very purpose of any BF past and present : play as a squad because that's how you win (and have most fun). you can have some good squads of randoms as long as people know how to use the commorose or talk while playing, but even so you will have really hard time to play against 4 people that are used to play together (even if individually they are less skilled than you).

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like CC is working for me, but I have to restart the game for it to update. Better than nothing. Now I can finish these upgrades.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. that's the very purpose of any BF past and present : play as a squad because that's how you win (and have most fun). you can have some good squads of randoms as long as people know how to use the commorose or talk while playing, but even so you will have really hard time to play against 4 people that are used to play together (even if individually they are less skilled than you).
Multiple premade squads on one team. Constantly.
Shuffle. The. Teams.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
some news for the upcoming patch from Jaqub

And Florian as well

(follow the link for the full discussion on their twitter accounts)

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017

I think the point they are making is that there are a number of squads of 4 players which came in to the game together (so partied up) but they are all on the one team. If there was some balancing going on the server should split pre-built squads and random squads across both teams.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
2 interesting tweet from Florian

Regarding this last one I completely agree with Battlenonsense answer :

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Multiple premade squads on one team. Constantly.
Shuffle. The. Teams.

OK, makes much more sense. I don't understand how they fucked up matchmaking in BFV while I can't remember this kind of problem in BF1, even from the launch, but do remember it was a huge problem in BF4 (which they solved but only after a few months).

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Making SMGs mid range weapons now lol What the hell?! Why are they so against giving Medics other weapons?

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I find SMG's pretty easy to use. They are in a decent space. The problem is that the medic class needs an option for larger maps. DICE keep ignoring this. Eventually the Tommy Gun will be a 3 shot kill at 200M with unflinching accuracy and no recoil the way they are going...

Just give medics a second gun type for god's sake DICE!!!!!

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
What is uniform soldier aiming?

BTW, what controller options do people fine tune? I'm on PS4 and I think it helps quite a bit.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Roy : uniform aiming means that you keep the same aiming speed hip firing or ADS. If you don't use it you have slower movement when using ADS. Keeping uniform aiming helps muscle memory as you will have a consistent speed in aiming.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Roy : uniform aiming means that you keep the same aiming speed hip firing or ADS. If you don't use it you have slower movement when using ADS. Keeping uniform aiming helps muscle memory as you will have a consistent speed in aiming.

Isn't it keeping it uniform across guns and removing the acceleration? ADS is still impacted by the value you set in the advanced settings (I have mine at 50%).

Edit: See here :- https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel..._important_information_about_uniform_soldier/

Uniform soldier aiming is designed to make aiming down sight (ADS) sensitivity feel the same for all infantry weapons that have different ADS magnifications (for muscle memory). It isn't to make ADS and hip fire sensitivity feel the same.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I been swapping between this game and CoD and it's a good change of pace. I just like hopping in a plane and doing some bombing/dogfights after running and gunning so much in other games.

One thing I think I noticed is that the TTK seems much lower than Battlefield 1. Is this actually true or am I just imagining?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now that is a sexy gun.

fg42.png

Last edited:

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
2 interesting tweet from Florian

Regarding this last one I completely agree with Battlenonsense answer :

Really not liking Battlenonsense's balance takes. The Suomi and Tommy Gun already shred CQC, that's not the problem. In a game where other classes can use a 3x scope and accurately and effectively wipe people out at mid to long range you just can't get by with guns that are useless outside of 30m. Even if they increased the close range BTK for Assault and Support weapons (which would be extreme) we'd still run into issues with Medics being useless at most ranges. Medics need some range, end of story.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't it keeping it uniform across guns and removing the acceleration? ADS is still impacted by the value you set in the advanced settings (I have mine at 50%).

Edit: See here :- https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel..._important_information_about_uniform_soldier/

first line of the reddit post : "I understand that a lot of people are still very misinformed about what uniform soldier aiming actually does "

Well, I just discovered I'm one of those people... For my defense the description of this option in-game is very far from clear. The one in the reddit post should be the one in game for better understanding :

Uniform soldier aiming is designed to make aiming down sight (ADS) sensitivity feel the same for all infantry weapons that have different ADS magnifications (for muscle memory)

But of course, why make it simple when you can make it complicated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The biggest issue I have with this game is it rewards passive play too much. You know how you do well in this game? Slap a 3x on your weapon and sit back, bonus points if you prone in a corner. However, there are two main reasons why most players gravitate towards this playstyle.

Player visibility, if you have a hard time tracking players you are going to move around less. On maps like Devastation it is exceptionally bad because of the black/grey color palette and all the rubble. Also, to get a better view, you're going to use a sight that has a great sight picture, the 3x. This leads me to my next point, the sights.

The sights in this game suck. The 3x is by far the best one. The circle red dot and AA aren't too bad, but the other oval shaped one (predator) is complete ass. Also, don't get me started on the 1.25x and 2x, these are just horrendous. This just leads to everyone using a mid/long range sight (3x) and sitting back.

If you fix these two problems, I'd guarantee you'd see more fluid and dynamic play and less static bipod support and recon players.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The biggest issue I have with this game is it rewards passive play too much. You know how you do well in this game? Slap a 3x on your weapon and sit back, bonus points if you prone in a corner. However, there are two main reasons why most players gravitate towards this playstyle.

Player visibility, if you have a hard time tracking players you are going to move around less. On maps like Devastation it is exceptionally bad because of the black/grey color palette and all the rubble. Also, to get a better view, you're going to use a sight that has a great sight picture, the 3x. This leads me to my next point, the sights.

The sights in this game suck. The 3x is by far the best one. The circle red dot and AA aren't too bad, but the other oval shaped one (predator) is complete ass. Also, don't get me started on the 1.25x and 2x, these are just horrendous. This just leads to everyone using a mid/long range sight (3x) and sitting back.

If you fix these two problems, I'd guarantee you'd see more fluid and dynamic play and less static bipod support and recon players.
Yes. The fast TTK also makes it difficult to fire back and win the encounter if you get surprised by someone you couldn't see. That makes it even more rewarding to camp in bushes and such since you know a better player probably still won't be able to beat you if you do that.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
meh. im a medic with smoke nades up the ass. if i need to close in, pop smoke and engage in said smoke. frankly, as other posters have mentioned, i get infinite heals. i dont wanna face fucking medic snipers who heal and get back in the fight licky split.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

On the one hand, great looking changes. On the other, finish your game before you sell it.

Absolutely. The meta is the most static, stagnant one possible given the high TTK, awful visibility, and gun setups. Just let people pick their own zoom and sight like BF1, but remove x3 zooms for assaults. The prone boy meta will only get worse once bipods are fixed.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Aerodrome breakthrough, defense......we need more emplacements, and a differing placement of stuff to accommodate the breakthrough layout. Also more AT guns, as I'm aware of, the map has one AT gun. Somewhere. Some emphasis needs to be made as to where these are on the map even if they aren't built yet. How am i supposed to know if something exists unless I spend time walking the entire map on my own?

Also, AT guns, too few, and placed quite dumb. The reload animation breaks up attempts to aim, and is wholly unsatisfying to use, and i dont know why they decided on a new one vs BF1, which was quite good to use. I loved the BF1 field gun, used them everytime I could, and did a lot of work, compared to BFV's AT gun, its really meh, if not utterly useless on every map ive played. I cannot emphasis how much the reload animation conflicts with aiming vs BF1. BF1, I fired, watched, and readjusted, and when ready, pressed the mouse button, reloaded, and fired when i wanted to. BFV, I fire...then instead of having time to watch my shell fall, I auto reload, unless I manually hold down the mouse button, then while holding the damn mouse button down, i have to aim....its bad.

Also, again practice range, no using our loadouts, whats the point.....too much fluff....BF4 had the TOW gun to practice, and there is none in BFV. Also I cant find any empty servers to test the AT gun. i cant even verify what im even saying...

.....how am i supposed to figure out the maps without empty servers?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So next big patch likely coming out on monday or tuesday and another one at the end of the month. I havent played the game in the past 2 weeks and waiting for these patches to arrive.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns need a buff. The only one that's halfway decent is the drilling. The rest are BB guns at any range except 2 feet.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
ChippyTurtle amen to aiming the AT gun. I've used them like two times. Once I realized I couldn't adjust for aim I figured what's the fucking point. You have no idea where the shell is landing. Not even an inkling like "oh i think I saw some dust here during the reload" nope. Nothing.

Side note I'm really liking the fighter planes after upgrade although the BF 109 is far better than the spitfire which I find odd. I hardly ever use the fighter/bomber planes and instead opt for straight fighter or bomber. Anyone want to tell me what I'm missing out on with planes like the stuka or mosquito?

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I've seriously found my groove recently. Constantly getting 15+ kill streaks in short engagements and getting 1st/2nd with my squadmate by several thousand points.

Feels great because it's taken a long time.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Aerodrome has only one AT gun, facing the north past B to near F, located near the airfield. In breakthrough, for the first and second lines this AT gun is useless. For the third line it's more useful except that they just took the big hanger, meaning the AT gun is completely exposed to flanking fire, meaning for the 3rd line, despite it having some value defending B, it is still useless. Meaning for the entirely of breakthrough, the Germans get no stationary AT defense, having to exclusively rely on their soldiers for anti tank capability. While this is better with the allies losing their tank spawns past the 1st? Line, a good tanker will preserve their tank and likely spend the rest of match pouring fire to which the defenders have little capability to counter.

Unbalanced to say the least, and in Stark contrast to BF1, where I can attest to being a goddamn menace with the field gun against enemy tanks. In BF1, I got the disavantage of being stationary, and a good sniper could take me out from the front if he's lucky.

In BFV, the field gun allows me to be murdered from the front much easier, combined with the loading and aiming problem, it is near worthless for use. I cannot remember if all the BF1 field guns were 360 but I do remember a particular field gun on the first map of Amiens operation, once the attackers overran the first flag, (the very first flag), I turned the field gun around and used it on the defenders! Wiped out a few counter attacks, and a lot of poor snipers. Why can't we turn the AT guns around in BFV? Again, the stationary AT gun is useless, and also not used enough on maps.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Controversial opinion, no spotting should've stayed in hardcore. Game rewards just being stationary too much.

Ideally 3d spotting would still be there but be toned down (last for less time etc).

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Controversial opinion, no spotting should've stayed in hardcore. Game rewards just being stationary too much.

Ideally 3d spotting would still be there but be toned down (last for less time etc).
I actually agree. I wish spotting was still in. If they don't add it back in, they need to seriously address player visibility issues (and I believe they have already commented that they are looking into it).

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017

Holt crap!

I really thought this was one of my posts.
I wholeheartedly agree.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017

Spotting is in there still if people use it. Recon has a spotting scope, support suppression spots, assault vehicle damage can spot and squad mates can point out areas of danger on the map quickly and easily. Maybe they just need to reward these and encourage/promote them a bit more? They can, if used properly, really help influence the result of a match.

The problem is that a lot playing recon won't spot as they don't want others "stealing" their kill. They don't understand the team value in scanning across the capture or defense they are meant to be supporting and really making much more of a difference than a couple of headshots. You can rack up a decent score spotting well, but the game isn't very good at feeding that back to you - with small white text on normally bright background.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Definitely agree on the game rewarding passive play; people still don't play the objective. It could also be down to the challenges focusing primarily on kills (as most are weapon challenges). ToW doesn't seem to have changed that.

I am also hoping they sort out traversal; climbing over tiny bits of rubble has been a pita since the original Battlefront. Dice haven't iterated on this through to BFV and you still end up having to clumsily vault over nothing to avoid getting stuck.

Shit like that actually pisses me off more than some of the bigger things, because it's been around for four games now and it's still not fixed.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Spotting is in there still if people use it. Recon has a spotting scope, support suppression spots, assault vehicle damage can spot and squad mates can point out areas of danger on the map quickly and easily. Maybe they just need to reward these and encourage/promote them a bit more? They can, if used properly, really help influence the result of a match.

The problem is that a lot playing recon won't spot as they don't want others "stealing" their kill. They don't understand the team value in scanning across the capture or defense they are meant to be supporting and really making much more of a difference than a couple of headshots. You can rack up a decent score spotting well, but the game isn't very good at feeding that back to you - with small white text on normally bright background.
I tried to play a game on hamada mostly spotting people as a recon. Work pretty well, with a good position you can easily keep 10+ player spotted. But while you do get points for it ( spot, and spot kill assist ), it's still on the low end, you could probably increase that by a good 50% without making it too rewarding.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
In terms of the updates that Theorry posted, they're things that should've been in the game prior to launch. None of this "buy our full price game, and come on a journey with us as we finish making it in the months after launch."

Status
Not open for further replies.