• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Aerodrome is the problem when it comes to tanks. Attackers get like three or four tanks and it's a big wide open map, so you can't really sneaky up on them or predict where to put mines. On the other hand, Rotterdam they get like one or two max, plus you can just hide in all the buildings and rubble to ambush them. Furthermore, there are only certain routes they can travel, so mines are excellent.

Aerodrome definitely needs some AT placements or give the defenders more tanks. All my highest kills with tanks comes from that map because you can just easily sit up on the hill out of range of anything and nuke A and B at the beginning.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
After playing quite some ZH-29 scout last week, and coming back to the assault Gewehr 43 I came to wonder... wonder why I should ever go back to the offensive scout.

Sure it's 3 hit kill versus 2 hit kill. But you can just chain those 3 hit with minimum recoil on the assault, while having a weapon which isn't absolute shit when no scoping close quarter, and enough ammo in the magazine for 3 full kill against 2 for the ZH.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
After playing quite some ZH-29 scout last week, and coming back to the assault Gewehr 43 I came to wonder... wonder why I should ever go back to the offensive scout.

Sure it's 3 hit kill versus 2 hit kill. But you can just chain those 3 hit with minimum recoil on the assault, while having a weapon which isn't absolute shit when no scoping close quarter, and enough ammo in the magazine for 3 full kill against 2 for the ZH.

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. Plus you have to factor in SLRs only get five/six rounds compared to the 10-30 per magazine on semis. Also, semis don't have scope glint like recon 3x and up.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
So playing as support like the meta now or something? When not playing with friends that's all I see. It's kind of ridiculous the range their weapons have. It feels like I'm playing Battlefront sometimes. Talk about OP.

Assaults with x3 semi autos and back-proned supports have always been the meta, with useless recons filling out the rest. The bipod fix is going to be a fucking nightmare with MMGs everywhere.

The CC fix is great. I fully upgraded two weapons tonight and I still have some spare coins. My interest is renewed.

Must be nice. Still haven't seen a single cc outside of daily orders. Over here trying to finish weapon masteries with stock guns. You can't feel the commitment to quality.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Assaults with x3 semi autos and back-proned supports have always been the meta, with useless recons filling out the rest. The bipod fix is going to be a fucking nightmare with MMGs everywhere.

Must be nice. Still haven't seen a single cc outside of daily orders. Over here trying to finish weapon masteries with stock guns. You can't feel the commitment to quality.

I think a nice way to balance it would be it add scope glint to all x3 scopes.
No sense that only recon should have it.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I've complained about the field gun aiming oversight in BFV and I'm sure if DICE cotton on they'll patch it. All they really need to do to make them significantly more usable is have the reload a manual functions exactly like BF1. Auto reload, as others have expressed, disrupts the camera perspective and makes it near impossible to track your shot trajectory. BF1 had it right, letting you pace your own shots.

Field guns are actually another noteworthy thing typical of a Battlefield game where their function and implementation is quite fine, but the issue is passive negligence from the players themselves. I've lost count of the amount of time our flags and home base have had field guns and portable AA just sitting there, no-one towing them to locations. I'll often do it myself.

I think these things would help improve AT guns as well:

* Hide the player better behind the shield, because that's what it is supposed to be there for. They can be taken out easily enough by tanks, aircraft, explosives, and portable launchers
* Make it possible for the player to rotate the entire gun if nothing is obstructing it (like in BF1 where you can rotate it very slowly)

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

I'd like to see them just go back to the BF1 system where you pick whatever sight you like along with zoom preference. Just cap assault at 2x zoom.

Keep the scope glint because of how fast recons delete you if they land a shot. The game has enough stupid light effects already, I'm not sure I could handle seeing 20 flashes every time I peek at an enemy flag.

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like that still won't address the issue of semi autos and LMGs not having enough recoil. Even if there's scope glint, they can still out-ROF recons.

Plus doesn't the scope glint only show up when that player is actually aiming at you? I always saw it as a way to try to find cover or countersnipe when a recon is lining up a shot. With a support/assault, they can just tap-fire, and you're screwed even before you can react.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So patch is Tuesday with all the updates and combined arms etc and Tides of War starts again on Thursday?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I feel like that still won't address the issue of semi autos and LMGs not having enough recoil. Even if there's scope glint, they can still out-ROF recons.

Plus doesn't the scope glint only show up when that player is actually aiming at you? I always saw it as a way to try to find cover or countersnipe when a recon is lining up a shot. With a support/assault, they can just tap-fire, and you're screwed even before you can react.

Absolutely accurate. Semi autos have basically no recoil, kill in the blink of an eye, and the M1 doesn't even have a fucking firing cap. Lmgs are just better ARs. The game really needs a weapon balance pass with buffs and nerfs. There's no reason the KE7 should be a recoil-less death laser and the SMGs fly all over the place if you ADS.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an Era Discord for this?

I've been enjoying this game a lot on PC and I just picked up a dedicated microphone (instead of a headset.)

I noticed that not a lot of people use voice chat. It would really make squads take off. Wouldn't mind getting some people together.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an Era Discord for this?

I've been enjoying this game a lot on PC and I just picked up a dedicated microphone (instead of a headset.)

I noticed that not a lot of people use voice chat. It would really make squads take off. Wouldn't mind getting some people together.

There's a link in OP. Where are you based, I'm always looking for people to do all the work while I piss about being crap in planes.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I hope this game has a bunch of fixes next week, ran into a bug where I couldn't select Assault class yesterday, the class you have selected violates server rules..also my FPS is unstable, Aerodome i get 80fps, Devastation can't reach 60 FPS with everything on LOW...i reinstall BF1 earlier this week, i am getting 80FPS ON EVERY FUCKING MAP...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Game ended at the first point, I wish it went all the way.

ju88.png

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
I noticed on peoples videos when they put down a marker it comes up yellow/gold. I asked my friends what colour they had and it was the same.

Some reason mine is white, anyone know what it's under to change colour?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Is there any know bug in the "campaing" for the PS4? A friend said his games "doesnt save progress", but as far as I know there are 4 (5?) single player missions that are not connected, so there shouldnt be "progress", right? Are all missions unlocked from beginning or do you need to play them in order?

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Medic is so goddamn satisfying in Domination, and this match was stupid fun even if both teams had some quitters. I wish I could make the class sing in CQ. Fingers crossed for this upcoming patch's range buff.

Alternatively, I just need to play more dom to inflate my medic score lol

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Frag grenade rifles are basically an instant kill the radius of a city block. Seeing more and more of them unfortunately. And, of course, most of it is by prone assholes sitting in corners who nuke people the second someone is dumb enough to actually move.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I will not recommend this game to anyone in it's current state, game is buggy PoS trash and i can't get my money back, I purchased an early access game......

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I cannot wait till this patch and I sure hope it fixes a lot of things

this game is a piece of shit right now is so much glitching and the lag is so bad at times that people just fly across the map and shoot you without ever seeing them

They have to fix this shit this is ridiculous

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Had a crazy fun frontlines small match. Team got pushed back all the way and they destroyed one objective. We held on to the last one for the longest time after failing to capture the objective 3 times. Fortunately we turned it around and went on a capture streak and got all the way to destroying their objectives. We got it done on the first run. Shit was crazy. Think I ended up with 70+ kills. lol. Fucking love this game.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
So patch is Tuesday with all the updates and combined arms etc and Tides of War starts again on Thursday?
I have some doubt we will get combined arms, it feel like something which would have been preceded by a good amount of teasing/trailer/whatever. For all we know it could even be released in february no ?

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I've tried like 50 times and I still haven't hit a single enemy with the bombs you can drop from an attack plane - the ones you can't aim.

I cannot figure out when to drop them.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Frag grenade rifles are basically an instant kill the radius of a city block. Seeing more and more of them unfortunately. And, of course, most of it is by prone assholes sitting in corners who nuke people the second someone is dumb enough to actually move.
I've been using the rifle grenade + PIAT combo lately. If the rifle grenade doesn't one shot them a quick PIAT follow up shot will do the trick. For a game that apparently doesn't have the explosive spam from the previous games I'm finding it to be the easiest game in the series to get explosive kills. No doubt in my mind this combo needs to be nerfed into the ground. As OP as some of the Assault weapons are it's the rifle grenade + PIAT combo that is probably the most lethal lol.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had an epic game of Grand Operations on Rotterdam yesterday, with a tense, nail-biting draw on Day 3 and I was hyped to finally see the Last Stand of Day 4... and then I couldn't spawn and neither could another squad member. We missed out on the Day 4 battle and it sucked.

It might be that the game deliberately only allowed 20~ people to spawn, but it didn't inform us of this, so it really feels like a brutal bug.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using the rifle grenade + PIAT combo lately. If the rifle grenade doesn't one shot them a quick PIAT follow up shot will do the trick. For a game that apparently doesn't have the explosive spam from the previous games I'm finding it to be the easiest game in the series to get explosive kills. No doubt in my mind this combo needs to be nerfed into the ground. As OP as some of the Assault weapons are it's the rifle grenade + PIAT combo that is probably the most lethal lol.

Sure it's lethal, but I feel like that combo isn't well known at all. Plus I don't think you can spam it as quickly as regular frag/incendiary grenades since you still have to switch out your primary for the rifle grenade or PIAT, and do reload animations.

Explosive spam from BF1 was really bad in comparison because all classes had viable grenades between frags, incendiaries, and gas, and it was so easy to get them replenished with auto-refill ammo boxes. There were CQ flags where it was impossible to get through entryways because it was non-stop grenades. It also seems like the regular frag grenade has a longer fuse in BFV.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Good lord the M1907 SF destroys people in cqc. Can't wait for the patch, having basically no CC for this past month has made playing so underwhelming.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Sure it's lethal, but I feel like that combo isn't well known at all. Plus I don't think you can spam it as quickly as regular frag/incendiary grenades since you still have to switch out your primary for the rifle grenade or PIAT, and do reload animations.

Explosive spam from BF1 was really bad in comparison because all classes had viable grenades between frags, incendiaries, and gas, and it was so easy to get them replenished with auto-refill ammo boxes. There were CQ flags where it was impossible to get through entryways because it was non-stop grenades. It also seems like the regular frag grenade has a longer fuse in BFV.
The explosives in BF1 were only really a big problem on the poorly designed meat grinder choke point maps. In BFV you can pretty much cross map someone with a rifle grenade and piat, it's pretty wild. A Fort De Vaux style map in BFV would be a nightmare.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
• Improved the death experience with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.
Rejoice! Inb4 angry campers complaining though.

Oct 25, 2017

Increased the horizontal free aiming angle when prone by 40°.

Don't like people having even more incentive to stay prone

Removed the Extended Magazine Specialization for the M1907 SF and made the extended magazine equipped by default. Recoil Buffer has been added as a replacement. This weapon's Specializations will be reset and the means for unlocking them will be refunded. The M1907 SF was not useful enough without the extended magazine upgrade, making the hipfire upgrades a bad choice.

M1907 was already a beast, if it wasn't useful enough before then it's going to be terrifying now. Wonder if the increased vertical recoil will be enough to balance it.

No mention of the Blenheim not being able to refill machine gun ammo at resupply stations :*(

EDIT: None of it really matters though as I'll still end up playing regularly anyway

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The aircraft buffs are welcomed.

Not that many weapon changes to be honest.

Overall, SMGs buff.

M1907 got a nerf and a buff, so we'll see how that plays out. Seems like they are really trying to force it into that close/mid range and make it worse at longer distances.

Panzerfaust nerf.

M1A1 nerf, more recoil. It needed it tbh. No firing cap and has very little recoil. It's good at every range with a 3x.

Most of the changes seem good, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.