• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least the Stuka sounds terrifying now.

If I can hear it OVER MY TEAM MATES FOOTSTEPS!!!!! Jesus.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
I am hearing that the "show up on mini map when you kill someone" thing is back?! Is that true? If so.... I am speechless.

Edit: Yeah it's definitely back... how? what? I don't even...

sorry for double post.

Confirmed? i did a search on reddit and dont see anyone talk about that. Mostly is complaints about kill cam lmao

if that thing back again, gonna wait for hotfix and keep on BF1 for now..

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, why's my animated revive timer icon gone? This surely isn't intentional, right? :x

MP40 is legit at range now though. Just played one round for now but it was pretty slick.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just played a but with the new patch.

How in the hell did they miss the point with the Kill Cam so damn much? I mean holy shit, did they not listen to anything the community said about how to improve the kill cam?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
So, uhh, what happened to the character skins? I was saving up company coin to buy a hat and now it's not there anymore?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I really hate the way some people play this game, but if you can't beat them then join them.

The attacking team wasn't really attacking on Hamada and as a defender you can't really do shit because of the out of bounds. So I just put a 6x on a sniper (I don't snipe at all) and went up on some hill super far in the back and sniped. I don't see how people do this, it's boring af. The only satisfaction I got was getting kills on all the prone lmg/mmg players. lol

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Only played one match post patch (will do more later tonight) but I immediately noticed the footsteps and it definitely made me a better player. The killcam is definitely wonky but it mostly worked okay for me minus one or two times. Haven't played medic yet to check guns

For the footsteps alone this patch and any bugs will be worth it. Visibility is so bad in this game that I'd often miss people running in front of me nevermind laying prone so I'm excited

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Still get no cc for anything outside daily orders.

I guess Dice just said fuck it on visibility. It's still terrible! I've never played another fps in my entire life where this was an issue. The visibility is one of the main reasons for the absurd prone boy meta in the game right now. You're just too hard to see and with the low TTK, by the time anyone adjusts it's already over.

MGs are still bullshit. Game is going to be utterly rotten with them once the bipod fix rolls out.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you could do any better, why the hell haven't you?

Lmfao I wish I could use this line of reasoning in my job.

"Sorry the patient ended up permanently crippled but hey if you could've done better why haven't you?"

PS: You're hella late to the party, we already established that certain members of Era don't believe competency at a job is a basic requirement for holding the job. All bets are off after you sign that contract, easy peasy

Run along now and enjoy your busted game k

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
WTF have they done to the sten ??? Did ROF change or something else ? Looks like it takes one more bullet to kill thaan before even at mid range...

The new killcam clearly needs some tweaking : zoom is too close to killer, and it doesn't seem to work with vehicles or dead ennemies. I can't understand why they wanted to change the killcam they used for almost a decade and everybody was happy with it.
The MP40 is the same, it seems like it takes more shots to down an enemy.

My imagination or is it easier to spot enemies?

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
  • Standardized an unintended imbalance between the coaxial and port firing vehicle machine guns. Overall this is a big buff to German machine guns, and a small buff to British ones. Some British machine guns were doing too much damage over all, and some German machine guns were doing too little. The close range damage of the German guns has been increased to match the British guns, and the long range damage of the British guns has been reduced to match the German guns. As a balancing factor, the range of all of these machine guns has been increased, so players should not see a reduced effectiveness in the British machine guns, and should experience an increased effectiveness of the German machine guns.
  • Reduced the damage reduction of explosions on players in prone. Players were previously resisting up to 25% of an explosion when prone, which was only intended in a few edge cases. This was fundamentally breaking the intended damage of tank shells, as players could absorb too much damage. The damage of explosions is otherwise is unchanged.

Nice. Maybe tank shells won't be useless now.

• Reduced the damage of the Panzerfaust. The Panzerfaust is very easy to use, and widely equipped. As a fast fire-and-forget weapon, its damage payoff was still too good against all types of armor. The damage is still high enough, even against a heavy tank, that a smart player can utilize a dedicated anti-tank loadout to defeat the enemy using skill and tactics.

Praise the lord.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
PS: Anyway not to be in a squad? i like to do my own thing, in BF1 unless i am playing with friends i never join squads...

Pause, go to Squads, create your own and then make it private - default is public so others can join if they wanted.

Is there a reason my team mate's footsteps are now 10000 decibels louder than the enemy team?

Team mate is running and enemies are sneaking/crouch running?

Do you not get CC for just completing matches?

Only for daily and different rank ups?

You should but only once you hit rank 50. Might not be working just yet though.

This patch is great. A lot of things feel much better.

Yes there are some new niggles but overall the patch is positive. Sound is good, you don't drift about when prone nearly as much and it just feels that little bit better to play.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
'Oh coolies, the new BFV patch is out. Lemme just check the Era thre-'

giphy.webp

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like them to fix the matchmaking so it's not constantly one sided. But I don't think they have the basic level of competency to not fucking break it more and three other things in the process.

This is the last time I buy a Dice game.

Last edited:

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There are definitely a lot less people playing on PC now. Previously I could just hit "join game mode x" and it would put me on a server that was full and where round had not started yet. Now it takes forever to find a match and it will most likely put you into a game that is going (and is lopsided) or with only 5 people in it.
Checking the server browser it's almost to BF1 levels now in my opinion...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
There are definitely a lot less people playing on PC now. Previously I could just hit "join game mode x" and it would put me on a server that was full and where round had not started yet. Now it takes forever to find a match and it will most likely put you into a game that is going (and is lopsided) or with only 5 people in it.
Checking the server browser it's almost to BF1 levels now in my opinion...
I'm part of the problem...

We just got a patch and yet I see no reason to come back to it right now because :
- Tides of War is still not on
- bugs introduced by last patch
- I have no interest in a 16 players content in fucking battlefield ( which I still most likely have to force myself to play if I want to unlock things in the new ToW, then not touch it ever again like I did for Grand Operation )

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Why the fuck is the chat log still broken on console? It's kind of a big deal.
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is this referring to? Is it the box in the top left that records the canned phrases people say (like requesting orders/ammo etc)?

If so, how is that a big thing? no one says anything. if not, I'd be interested to know what chat it is, as it's pretty silent on Ps4.

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
For what it's worth I'm having a good time with the game. I never played BF1 but I did play 4 at launch and it's nowhere near as bad as that. Not really encountered too many bugs or disconnects really either. Maybe I've just been lucky? My biggest grievance with it is how one-sided most of the games turn out to be. Only ever had a few genuinely close tense games.

I get that stuff isn't being fixed or added as quickly or efficiently as some may like, but in my opinion it's still a good fun game at its core.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Most of the bugs haven't bothered me too much. The odd black screen doesn't matter too much, just reboot and start again. It's a bigger issue if you're trying to play with friends though. Likewise the company coin problems, I'm just not that invested in that stuff, some people are though.

My biggest problem is still the visibility. I feel forced into playing recon in a lot of games just to use the spotting scope to work out where the hell the opponents are. A lot of players do like playing hide and seek more than pew pew obviously. I'm waiting for the outrage about the flares being OP any day now.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is a question I find myself asking more and more in this global digital age...when is January the 17th?

This is impacted by:-

1. What time will the new tides of war switch on?
2. How is time defined:-
  • My local time
    • In turn is this based on my current xbox settings, my external IP address or the xbox country store I bought the game from
  • The devs local time
  • A convenient US/European time for the majority of playerbase
  • Something else?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This is a question I find myself asking more and more in this global digital age...when is January the 17th?

• My local time
    • In turn is this based on my current xbox settings, my external IP address or the xbox country store I bought the game from
  • The devs local time
  • Something else?

It will be on the 17th at 10am Swedish Time, which is CET.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
According to one of three EA reps I spoke to yesterday, the game broke for origin access basic members like myself. I got the trial the night before the update worked fine, now it won't work. Another update was supposed to hit yesterday to address this issue but nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

• My local time
  • The devs local time
  • Something else?
if you're in EST, it's 6 pm I think.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Only positive things to say in this thread from here on in. Bringing up bugs and terrible design decisions not allowed.

I must have missed the constructive criticism of bugs and design decisions in your comment "Battlefield V can in my opinion suck my fucking dick."

There's criticizing the game and then there's just screeching and shitting up the thread.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Did the patch break sound? Footsteps are already better, but this is reminding me a lot like the beta where there seemed to be an obvious loss of sound from a lot of the surrounding battle. Matches feel oddly quiet?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Was about to check out the game now it's patched but checked the reception and uhhh yeah. Killed any desire I had to launch the game since I was already disappointed and it's apparently got worse. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow with tides of war...

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm part of the problem...

We just got a patch and yet I see no reason to come back to it right now because :
- Tides of War is still not on
- bugs introduced by last patch
- I have no interest in a 16 players content in fucking battlefield ( which I still most likely have to force myself to play if I want to unlock things in the new ToW, then not touch it ever again like I did for Grand Operation )

Yup, we're both there. I haven't play in the new patch, I kind of want to come back but I'm way too invested in Subnautica to get into BFV until TOW unlocks

Status
Not open for further replies.