• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This guy always post pretty interesting stuff when it comes to TTK. Definitely worth reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/agowo1/battlefield_v_lightning_strikes_framestokill/

TLDR:

My recommended picks:

A ever-fluctuating ranking list by me and /u/Prizyms will be here (current WIP with the new update).

Medic:

• MP34 LRRR for ranged use
  • ZK-383 RLLR for versatility
  • Suomi RLLR for maximum 1v1
  • MP28 RLLL for bigmag hipfire
Support:

• FG42 LRRR for assault rifle use
  • Bren RRRR for ranged use
  • Lewis Gun LRRR for bigmag pubstomping
  • MG42 RLLR for dolphin diving on people
  • MG34 RRRR for 200m rubble camping
Assault (almost every weapon is excellent):

• MAS-44 LLLL for all-around use
  • Turner LLLR for destroying groups
  • AG m/42 LLLR for shooting people in the face at all ranges
  • 1907 RLLR (RRRR if you can't control vrec) for spraying people to 50m
  • 1916 RLLR for supine prone camping in bushes
  • M1A1 RLLL instead of non-1907 assault rifles
Scout:

• 1906 LLLR for actually being useful as a scout
  • Model 8 RLLR for aggressive play
  • Krag LLLR if you're Stodeh

Last edited:

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hate about that system is I'll frequently get this while playing as Support:

"Press DPAD to throw ammo"
I press DPAD, but it's on a cooldown so nothing happens.

It seems the person who programmed in that hint appearing on screen didn't bother to actually check whether the player can do what the hint is saying to do, at that moment.

Yeah, that's definitely a drawback. When I see the prompt I'm compelled to toss out ammo/health to everyone, and it gets frustrating if it's on cool down in dangerous moments.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
The cooldown is pretty much instantaneous, I don't think that's the issue.

The problem is that the marker doesn't take into account whether the target is already being healed or resupplied even though you can't throw players supplies if they're already refilling. That and it being fairly finicky in general.

For that matter, it would probably be useful if we could see when a teammate is at full health but doesn't have a bandage pouch.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Good on ya for that, but you are definitely in the minority.
I don't think I ever witnessed anyone make use of the chat in such a way.
Playing with some of the old BF crew when I was learning to play the game, you use the damn comm and push forward! It's too bad if I am the minority, though, because it is useful.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
The cooldown is pretty much instantaneous, I don't think that's the issue.

The problem is that the marker doesn't take into account whether the target is already being healed or resupplied even though you can't throw players supplies if they're already refilling. That and it being fairly finicky in general.

For that matter, it would probably be useful if we could see when a teammate is at full health but doesn't have a bandage pouch.
This for sure. I've had this happen countless times, where I am trying to throw a ammo/med pack because of the icon and it won't initiate, presumably due to them using their own med pack. Good suggestion IMO.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Had some guy glitched on Fjell. He was a corpse but he could still fire at you. The corpse didn't move but the muzzle flash was right above it and nothing could damage him. That's a new glitch to me. I didn't think I could hate that map any more than I already did but here we are. This is on Xbox so it obviously wasn't a hacker.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
this_is_fine.jpg

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Such a tease, finished a match just now and it said I have 2 new Outfits and 15,000 CC to claim. Pushed to accept but nothing and now its no longer available in armory. 😄

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
They should do away with the kill cam and give me a kill stats, where on my body i was shot and if i was shot by more than 2 players...

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
This patch what the fuck. Took ages to download even when it said it was only 4gigs and glitches everywhere, empty games, disappearing UI, weapons swapping out.

How. How does this keep getting worse.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So many medics now. Only problem is that a whole lot of them don't even revive you when you're down.

Anyway, the audio is pretty bad now. It sounds like mayhem anytime someone is walking around you.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, the audio is pretty bad now. It sounds like mayhem anytime someone is walking around you.
this was my takeaway from the patch after a few games in. the increase in footsteps sound is nice, but i feel like the accuracy of the sound stage or whatever isnt quite right. hard to distinguish if its coming from above, below, and even how far. my audio settings are stereo and headphone. are there settings that work better?

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this was my takeaway from the patch after a few games in. the increase in footsteps sound is nice, but i feel like the accuracy of the sound stage or whatever isnt quite right. hard to distinguish if its coming from above, below, and even how far. my audio settings are stereo and headphone. are there settings that work better?
Some people on Reddit said after the patch you can hear the foosteps if you fly low enough in an airplane lol Especially on the snow map since the "crunch" is very distinguishable.

So do we get a Frontlines fix today?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really not sure that there was any testing on the patch. Like it would have taken five seconds to realize that the revive timer wasn't actually functioning.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So the footsteps aren't fixed, they are just way louder now. Too loud in fact. You have still no idea where they are coming from most of the time.

Oct 28, 2017
They also didn't fix vaulting. I still have difficulty climbing over small obstacles l without needing to hump them first.

Oh boy. Squad conquest seems pretty awful.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Had a spawn where both vaulting and reviving broke. I was medic so that made that life fun.

Can DICE please patch in an option to turn off the new kill cam?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The entire game and post launch content thus far has absolutely been a monkey paw.

And I mean...I'm pretty fucking forgiving of bugs. But how did nobody flag during development that this patch breaks revive timers? It seems universally broken, not contextual.

Squad Conquest is okay. Boring as shit when the other team is totally superior, but when balanced pretty fun. Had an annoying issue though where my team had two squads, one with four and one with three, both locked and unable for me to join. So "squad conquest" for one match consisted of two squads and me in my own squad. Which, you know, is kinda shit.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
can't see what rewards will I unlock when progressing the new ToW event

I just received new leg skin and it isn't there

while changing camo during the game I can't see how it looks like

can't thank someone when he revives me as there is no Q-chat options

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I expected a bad first week with Tides of War but :
Squad Conquest in week 1 & 2, Breakthrough week 3, Frontlines week 4.

Really ? really ? I just want to play Conquest for fucking sake.

Well at least that empty week with no ToW gave them time so we won't have tracking problems which would make me spend even more time in game modes I don't like

wait..

I do really really love many things about the game and it's gameplay; but things are getting really frustrating.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
hahahahahahahaha I played 2 rounds of Squad Death Match, the 3rd round everyone from the enemy team quit, guess they got their 3 rounds played, game allowed my squad to cap all the flags, then half way through it reset and gave me the 3rd round play reward lol i will take it..

Edit: Violate server rules forced me to play another class during my SDM, RIP Medic, Dice bugs hate you..

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Just checked out the ToW assignments for the next two weeks and they seem doable even if you're like me and aren't too keen on playing Squad Conquest. Just play 3 rounds of Squad Conquest (first assignment for both weeks) and then win 1 Squad Conquest (week 1) and do whatever this means (week 2) as the last assignments.
battlefieldvscreenshoigkb7.png

But after not playing for like 3 weeks, I'm gonna suck now lol

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
i just wish they would fix the voice communication bug on PS4 :E everytime a game starts there's someone breathing on a mic and i have to go to options and toggle voice on-off...

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I could see some people enjoying Squad Conquest, especially with friends. Forcing randoms to play it though, not good. Loss after loss, some of them were brutal as well. Not a mode suited to people who just want to find a spot and wait for someone to run in front of them.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
This being my first Battlefield I'm kind of at a loss. If I wasn't squading up and playing with my friends I don't think I would have put up with it as long as I have.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised after what I played of Battlefront 1 & 2.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Its only been a problem for 2 fucking months now. I mean why even fix it right? The fuck is DICE even fucking doing? All I wanna do is play my fucking game and DICE refuses to fucking fix it.

We started talking about this a few pages ago. Consensus was it's not really used, either by people using the canned sayings or by people reading them. How is it so. important to you that you can't/won't play the game until it's fully working again? it's not core to the gameplay loop or required to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.