• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Official nope. Comments that will only work if X faction is introduce, yes.

dice kinda did that for bf1 with the American being only on 2 maps right? But if there is a new faction like the Italian, I hope there's a new tab in axis for Germany and Italy. It would kinda annoy me mixing factions together..like having Japanese in Europe or Germans in pacific. That's assuming if new factions are added...which I really hope so.

Well the big difference in BF1 was the vehicles. The different factions all used the same vehicles (at least tank wise).

Last edited:

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
There are already US items in the British uniforms. Definitely one of the helmets, but I'm sure someone said some of the jackets were American as well.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Every time I try a different weapon I end up with the Lewis again. I don't know why I should use anything else, this weapon works at all distances, has a huge mag and the support class is pretty decent. Nothing really compares imho.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Every time I try a different weapon I end up with the Lewis again. I don't know why I should use anything else, this weapon works at all distances, has a huge mag and the support class is pretty decent. Nothing really compares imho.

I find it strange that the Lewis gun can have 97 rounds and it doesn't overheat like some of the other weapons.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There are already US items in the British uniforms. Definitely one of the helmets, but I'm sure someone said some of the jackets were American as well.
Besides the helmets, only the sandman is British I think.

Well the big difference in BF1 was the vehicles. The different factions all used the same vehicles (at least tank wise).
True. Italians would require new tanks, planes and voices.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's just a small part of how the UI is badly done on some front, but how do they want to convince people to spend CC ( and ultimately $/£/€ ) on weapon skin. When their interface doesn't allow obvious things like free rotation/zoom when checking a skin for a weapon part, nor allow us to test/preview different setup ( say golden canon, with blue grip, with chrome magazine ) before you validate buying any of them.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
In every online game I wonder how people manage to get so damn good. No matter what I do I'm just average... I'm average since I started Quake 3 in 1999, so I'm ok with that... but I just had a game where two guys in the enemy team were 29 - 1 and 26 - 1. Wtf? I got 1 death after about 20 seconds when a match started.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In every online game I wonder how people manage to get so damn good. No matter what I do I'm just average... I'm average since I started Quake 3 in 1999, so I'm ok with that... but I just had a game where two guys in the enemy team were 29 - 1 and 26 - 1. Wtf? I got 1 death after about 20 seconds when a match started.
I am sure that person prob died a few times. A medic saved him. Or a tank/plane.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Add Twisted Steel to the maps I will probably not play anymore since it's not fun. The distances between the villages is too big and the swamp area is just a visual nightmare. Same with the bridge that can be fun but is a head glitch heaven.
The more I play the more I think they tried to make this game into a e-sports thing. It feels nothing like a frantic war. I have said this 100 times but people circle the maps like it's a nice spring evening. No one is staying together and there aren't really any hot spots where you would meet up with people except for maps like Devastation. The fast TTK adds to the fact that this doesn't feel like a frantic war like BF1 did, because you can get rid of multiple squad in an instant so there isn't much back and forth at certain locations. You and your squad get shredded (or the other way around) and that is it. The long revive and the fact that no one is playing medic is really hurting the flow of the game. In BF1 I get revived constantly because medic is fun and the revive system is quick and responsive. Same with BF3 and BF3. The is a certain flow to the maps that BF5 is totally missing.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
It's honestly a god damn shame they have gone through now 3 or 4 updates and haven't fixed being able to buy tides of war weapons again. It would be nice to be able to by the VGO at some point or the semi rifle that was out for one of the tides.

Like come on Dice.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Add Twisted Steel to the maps I will probably not play anymore since it's not fun. The distances between the villages is too big and the swamp area is just a visual nightmare. Same with the bridge that can be fun but is a head glitch heaven.
The more I play the more I think they tried to make this game into a e-sports thing. It feels nothing like a frantic war. I have said this 100 times but people circle the maps like it's a nice spring evening. No one is staying together and there aren't really any hot spots where you would meet up with people except for maps like Devastation. The fast TTK adds to the fact that this doesn't feel like a frantic war like BF1 did, because you can get rid of multiple squad in an instant so there isn't much back and forth at certain locations. You and your squad get shredded (or the other way around) and that is it. The long revive and the fact that no one is playing medic is really hurting the flow of the game. In BF1 I get revived constantly because medic is fun and the revive system is quick and responsive. Same with BF3 and BF3. The is a certain flow to the maps that BF5 is totally missing.
Sounds like you're playing CQ. You need to try Breakthrough or Frontlines. CQ is mostly running from empty flag to empty flag. That's why I stopped playing it in BF1 and BFV.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's why I like breakout because it forces fights.

This is how my Conquest games go. Everyone just rushes the closest point, after that they move to the next closest point. Eventually the zergs collide! The zerg that wins that engagement usually goes on to win the game because the other team becomes disorganized. Don't even bother to try and defend in CQ. Everyone just leaves and you get fucking run over by a zerg. Half the time after you cap a point there will still be enemies nearby and your team will still leave.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I can't play the other classes anymore since ammo runs out so fast, when i play any other class i find myself staying closer to ammo depot, which changes my aggressive play style...if i play later on Support will be the first class to hit 20, Medic is 14, Recon is 11, Assault is 10..

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Sounds like you're playing CQ. You need to try Breakthrough or Frontlines. CQ is mostly running from empty flag to empty flag. That's why I stopped playing it in BF1 and BFV.
I do and normally I am more like a Frontlines guy but my experience has been terrible lately because of how bad players can be. I am not the best myself but if half the team is snipers and no one except you and some other poor guy is trying to take the objective then you get frustrated and give up after a while. Breakthrough can be fun but this week has been a shit show with stomps left and right. Winning a stomp is as much fun as receiving one... zero.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Another squad-based BR game by an EA dev like a month before squad-based Battlefield BR mode launches? :thonking:

Maybe they want to get people excited for BR, so you buy BFV for BR? lol idk

EA makes some weird ass decisions at times. It's like they don't care if they cannibalize their own franchise. RIP TF 2.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Can't imagine this being fun without a pre-made group though. You will probably get stomped.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It feels like they've tried to change things up and ended up making a very different game. It's still Battlefield, but not really. An awful lot of the changes were accepted by people because they were labelled as being more hardcore or because youtubers mistakenly thought they would improve their videos.

The zerg hasn't gone, vehicles have been nerfed so far that they're off the table because they can't be properly balanced, teamwork hasn't magically returned and a huge chunk of the population are still padding their K/D ratio at the expensive of objective play. I can't even work out what the half baked attrition system has added, partly because the ammo and medic crates that can be dropped don't work properly and will never be used by everyone even when they're fixed. Medic trains are gone I suppose, but I don't really think they've been a problem since BF3. I'm totally unconvinced by Fortifications, too often it seems like something the guys at the bottom of the scoreboard are doing just for points before they give away the flag.

I'm really enjoying Squad Conquest, an awful lot of the new systems work very well there. You don't buy Battlefield for 8 v 8 though.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What were the sales numbers for this game? Im just wondering how bad it was/how likely it is that EA kills off any real support

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
EA:

1. Let's release a F2P battle royale, a loot shooter, and a full priced battle royale, all within a month of each other!
2. ????
3. Profit?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well....according to Jason Schreier, they were in development for Titanfall 3, and apparently it turned into this, so it could be EA just salvaging development costs for Titanfall 3. Better scenario than tossing all the work out.
Ahh I havent read up anything on Apex Legends besides watching the trailer and knowing its out. Thanks for the info.
I hate BR, if BFV is just like the other games i won't be playing it, i don't like the idea of have to start off with nothing and hope RNG gives me a gun before the enemy in my location finds a weapon...
If that Jackfrag video is anything to go from, BF fans are not the right group to target a BR game. And most of the popular BR games are cheap or free. So it will be interesting to see what will happen with firestorm.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What were the sales numbers for this game? Im just wondering how bad it was/how likely it is that EA kills off any real support
For December NPD, BFV was Number 4. And I cant find the thread but I think the game sold well(?) in some EU countries back in November and December. BFV didnt hit EA exceptions so take that how you will. Perhaps EA expected too much profit wise. BTW I didnt include VGChartz since that group is not a reliable source

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nothing official. We'll probably find out more tomorrow afternoon when EA has its earnings report. Most assume it didn't do very well, considering it has been readily available for 50% off at many places since a couple of weeks after release.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apex Legends is amazing. The polish and quality of the gunplay and movement is astounding. TTK / TTD feels perfect and the UI is fantastic! Netcode was fine in the 4 games I played too. The game does not feel like it just launched today.

I will be genuinely surprised if BF V's BR mode approaches this level of quality, especially at launch.

I think between Anthem launching soon, Division 2 coming up, and Apex Legends now, I can probably stop beating my head against the wall with BF V.

Anthem will determine if I renew my Origin Premiere sub (not holding my breath after the two demos unfortunately but I really, really want it to be good), and who knows maybe I can check out BF V again in a few months when it's fully out of beta with fixed vehicle balance, proper enemy visibility, and TTD super netcode bullets :D

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
The latest patch has just completely fuck my game. I reguarly get 10 less frames then I was getting during the duration of a match, with the beginning of matches being sub 20 fps for some reason (loading assets? IDK). Even the menu struggles FPS wise when I first load the game, and half the time it doesn't load half the visuals. I am also getting an infinite black loading screen after every match forcing me to close the game and reopen it to play more. The only thing good thats happened is that the game registered a couple of the Tides of War tasks as complete even though I know for a fact I did not do them.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea it does feel weird that EA releases a BR shooter out of nowhere a month before BFV is supposed to release their BR.

Maybe Firestorm gets delayed?

And Apex is getting super positive reactions/impressions and is also free to play... how does BFV compete with that?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yea it does feel weird that EA releases a BR shooter out of nowhere a month before BFV is supposed to release their BR.

Maybe Firestorm gets delayed?

And Apex is getting super positive reactions/impressions and is also free to play... how does BFV compete with that?
BF doesn't compete. With Fortnite and Apex free, and the more popular CoD and PUBG already with large BR audiences, the odds of BFV selling more units thanks to BR, or in general really, is slim to none. I am lowering my already low expectations for how many maps we might get.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Any videos or tips for dog fights? Or rather losing a fighter on your tail?

Air combat is bad in this game. Generally, whoever gets on the other person's tail first wins. So you got two options. Just fly in circles or do loops and hope they get bored. Second option is to fly straight up and slow down, they'll generally overshoot you.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time when I fly planes, I have a buddy in another plane with me. So we can coordinate and help each other out. But flying solo with someone on my tail, I die most of the time.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I tend to use planes that have a second gunner position.
Whenever I get tailed I switch to that position (if no one spawned on me of course).
That has two advantages. I can return fire and your speed drops significantly, allowing the enemy plane to overtake you and shoot at it from the pilot seat.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
After one month not playing the game, it feels good now. But I missed few weapons during the live events. Wil they ever return?

And what the fuck is wrong with the trees on ps4 pro? they look so bad.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
After one month not playing the game, it feels good now. But I missed few weapons during the live events. Wil they ever return?

And what the fuck is wrong with the trees on ps4 pro? they look so bad.

The guns are supposed to be available for company coins but it seems to be bugged for most people.

And the trees got weird in the latest patch for everyone. It will probably be fixed in the next (or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.