• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
DICE should disable bipod deploy when laying prone on your back. Makes no sense as it is, and would go a long way towards scrapping asshole support camping on their back in rubble yet benefiting from maximum accuracy.

Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
I know there was talk about it, but I don't know if they actually tested it. MMGs are just pain. Nobody likes dying to them because it's extremely easy to get kills with them. Like the worst player in the world can do well with a MMG if they are defending. You can get a ton of kills with minimum effort. When you get killed by one you're not like "Oh, that was a good shot man." It's more like, "Oh, this prone fuck in the corner." It pisses players off more than recon. At least recon actually has to aim and use skill to get their kills. MMGs is just spray and watch the kills mount up.

-Fix visibility
-Disable the bipod when on your back.
-Give LMGs and MMGs a movement penalty (movement speed and make it so they go prone slower, so they can't dolphin dive).
-Reduce accuracy while moving.

Oct 28, 2017
I never really looked into it, but why are these prone n00bs always laying on their back?
Is it to mimic downed players or something?
A bit yes. But more so because the back prone clips more often to the ground than the regular prone, so there's a chance they'd be "half-buried" into the ground.

And also because it's kinda cool to shoot between your legs ?

OP
OP
iRAWRasaurus

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The game is stale, the weekly progression achievements indicate that the "Lightning Strikes" is going to go into March, and there is a chance that the Greece map isn't even out next month :( 4 fucking months between single map releases...

The tank destroyers are coming at the end of the chapter, cosmetics still MIA.
There was a new map in December BTW. But I get what you mean.

Oct 28, 2017
Visibility is not optimal that's for sure, but i don't entirely get the complaints regarding prone players. There is a minority camping prone somewhere on the battlefield. Those players are usually bad and because of that they have to be prone all the time waiting for an enemy to pass just to get that one kill. It's a cheap scrub tactic nothing more really.

I'd be prone all the time on a real battlefield lol.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Jan 27, 2019
Even the Boins/Microtransactions are still missing from the game. It's pretty telling. And the big games are about to come out in the next weeks, Anthem, Metro, Division 2, Crackdown etc. Yet we haven't seen one single thing from Firestorm. Show some gameplay even if it's not finished.

Dec 12, 2017
Visibility is not optimal that's for sure, but i don't entirely get the complaints regarding prone players. There is a minority camping prone somewhere on the battlefield. Those players are usually bad and because of that they have to be prone all the time waiting for an enemy to pass just to get that one kill. It's a cheap scrub tactic nothing more really.

I'd be prone all the time on a real battlefield lol.
I think it must be very frustrating for more casual players, if you play a lot you start to see people more easily and you know where to look. More people than normal are using the prone in a random spot tactic in this game. The fast TTK, the visibility and the removal of spotting were obviously going to cause it to happen.

Snipers would be the usual reason people would be discouraged from lying down, but the strength of Assault has made decent Recon players much less common. Lots of the people playing the class seem completely oblivious to the spotting tools. The backwards and forwards to get ammo for the spotting flare is more work than fun as well.

Oct 28, 2017
Snipers would be the usual reason people would be discouraged from lying down, but the strength of Assault has made decent Recon players much less common. Lots of the people playing the class seem completely oblivious to the spotting tools. The backwards and forwards to get ammo for the spotting flare is more work than fun as well.
I think it's mostly that the flare doesn't go far enough for most snipers to be able to reveal the enemy team (because they play faaaaaaaaar away (and usually don't hit shit)) and nobody ever use the recon scope outside of assignments.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Those patch notes aren't the final ones by the way, someone found them on the server and shared the link on Reddit on the 8th.

We'll get the final notes today and the patch is confirmed for release tomorrow.

OP
OP
iRAWRasaurus

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't deploy a new map in March, it will be 4 months between the Panzerstorm and Crete.
For sure. I hate the wording that DICE uses. Greece should be in the ToW that starts in March, so to me, that could mean release it at the end of that ToW which will last however long. Also its Greece, so a single map or location and more than one map. I only wonder that cause Norway, France, eta is a location but each has 2 maps.

But this could just be me hoping for the best. It will prob just be a single map...

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018
Bit off topic but I don't know where else to ask, does anyone know how well populated Battlefield 4 is on the PS4 these days? The tracker site seems to be broken for it.

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
-Fix visibility
-Disable the bipod when on your back.
-Give LMGs and MMGs a movement penalty (movement speed and make it so they go prone slower, so they can't dolphin dive).
-Reduce accuracy while moving.
I'd also add massive delays to ADS, particularly with LMGs. you can aim almost as fast with a ke7 as you can with an assault rifle.

LMGs need to be lethal but slooooow...they benefit too much from being a bit of both.

Nov 15, 2017
Are you folks joking, have ya'll actually tried diving with an MMG or LMG and deploying? Because the bipod does not deploy instantly. In any situation like that you guaranteed to die first trying to deploy.

Oct 28, 2017
i would also add for ppl playing on console with a gamepad : bring up the screen and instead of V1 call for something else, because the shitty comorose doesn't clic quadrants and you moved just a tiny bit to the left or right while releasing LB (which is by itself a stupid combination to launch it). This happens to me almost 90% of the time when I can call a V1 (and all the above as well of course...).

Oct 31, 2017
Some people don't get that the Tanks should have infantry support. I know I'm not the best tank player in the game (or of the better), but several times it happens that you're driving with the tank, and no one tries to defend it. Last night I was playing in Hamada with the Tiger I since the enemy were using Staghounds and Valentine tanks. Point captured and everyone in the team rush to the next objective as enemy players stealthly crawl among them. I spot them for my squad. Supress them. My teammates just keep going. Then I get wrecked as I got surrounded by enemy assault players since the Tiger isn't fast enough to get away safely.

Oct 27, 2017
Some people don't get that the Tanks should have infantry support. I know I'm not the best tank player in the game (or of the better), but several times it happens that you're driving with the tank, and no one tries to defend it. Last night I was playing in Hamada with the Tiger I since the enemy were using Staghounds and Valentine tanks. Point captured and everyone in the team rush to the next objective as enemy players stealthly crawl among them. I spot them for my squad. Supress them. My teammates just keep going. Then I get wrecked as I got surrounded by enemy assault players since the Tiger isn't fast enough to get away safely.
At least some tanks have those s-mine launchers that can wreck infantry sneaking in from behind relatively good. I don't really get why they nerfed tanks so hard from previous games. They were fine before and now without upgrades you struggle to kill 1 soldier.

Oct 13, 2018
Combined Arms, the co-op mode coming in, I dunno, when I think of Battlefield I do not think of AI opponents that are competent. At least we dont have long to wait to check.

Oct 25, 2017
Something weird is going on with squad leader points on PS4. I've noticed myself and several other leaders losing points by the boat load when nothing has been called in. Going to jump out and go back in and see if it's still happening

Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
So Rush isn't coming until March 7th, however, it's part of the Hannut GO which is coming later next week. So, at least we can try it out.

I'm honestly more excited about the QoL changes than most of this stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry quick question. How are they going to handle the unlocks for the timed exclusive weapons? I don't have time to play for unlocks right now, and I've already missed a few

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly can not believe they are still making a co-op mode

One of the most baffling decisions I've seen from DICE. dev time wasted for something absolutely nobody would want or should want out of a battlefield game

Oct 27, 2017

One of the most baffling decisions I've seen from DICE. dev time wasted for something absolutely nobody would want or should want out of a battlefield game
It would be an ultimate troll if the co-op was just shooting dumb AI running around horde style. No new mechanics, no mission narratives, just basic bots coming in waves/groups and recycled multiplayer objectives (hunt, defend, capture, destroy).

I will take my words back if the co-op is anything like the prologue mission or specialized content: massive air battles, Sniper-Elite style Norway infiltration missions, 20+ tank battles, tactical squad raid with call-ins and bosses.

Dec 12, 2017
The BC2 co-op was just waves of bots on the MP maps. I liked it a lot, but I had a lot of people on my friends list playing the game back then.

Another mode isn't something we really need now. I'm dreading the Rush assignments when they come, trying to attack solo while my whole team stand in the spawn is going to be amazing.

Oct 28, 2017
I was under the impression that the co-op was a training wheels mode that was going to be on release but was pushed back because the game was rushed and released with half its features missing because it's an ongoing live service!!!!

Jul 25, 2018

So true, especially seeing that EA has launched a free MP game with coop, and Anthem is launching in a week or two. Also, they prioritized SP and coop over battle royale. And someone actually got paid to decide that. Baffling.