• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
It's really a let down how I'm not interested in playing anymore. I love BF and I like BFV but there's something that puts me off from playing and I don't like it

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
They literally had a group called the Uranprojekt established in 1939 with the sole purpose to create weapons from nuclear testing.

When looking for a scientist to help lead their nuclear program at the beginning of the war, Germany decided Werner Heisenberg would be a value asset to their ultimate objective of creating the atomic bomb. Heisenberg had won the 1932 Nobel prize for what the Nobel committee had called, "the creation of quantum mechanics." While he might not have been the sole inventor of quantum mechanics, his uncertainty principle is a fundamental component in the study and understanding of quantum mechanics. Heisenberg is considered one of the greatest theoretical physicists of the twentieth century, on the same level as Einstein and Bohr.​

This was a man of significant scientific intellect while at the same time he and physics in general had to deal with the situation inside Nazi Germany. Balancing German national loyalty in Nazi Germany and scientific obligation was something Heisenberg along with other German scientists struggled with throughout the entire era. Heisenberg was one of the few University professors not to sign the manifesto in support of Hitler, which he did at significant personal risk. Before the war, an SS publication accused Heisenberg of teaching "Jewish physics" or theoretical physics. He was saved personally by Heinrich Himmler, through a relationship between Himmler's grandmother and Heisenberg's grandmother, of all disloyalty to the regime. Throughout the war, Heisenberg mainly worked in developing nuclear reactors. He convinced himself that a reactor with natural uranium and heavy water would be self-stabilizing and thus put no cadmium rods into his reactors. He came to this result due to never considering delayed neutrons, which play a large role in reactor safety. A lump of cadmium was kept on hand if things got out of control, but luckily was never needed.​

In September 1939, Heisenberg along with other German scientists joined together under military order to create Uranverein or "Uranium Club" to investigate nuclear energy for the war effort. This team's goal was to determine whether nuclear weapons would be relevant in the near future to warrant the considerable expenditure required to develop the technology. In 1940, C. F. von Weizsacker proposed using neptunium, element 93, as a nuclear explosive, but once it was realized that the element was unstable, plutonium, element 94 and neptium's decay product, was proposed as an alternative. [ At the same time, Heisenberg calculated, incorrectly, that the critical mass required for a U-235 nuclear weapon was on the order of a few tons instead of the actual value of 15-60 kilograms. Even with this error in calculations, there was belief in 1941 that if the war lasted a few more years, a nuclear weapon could be developed.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=899105

"I would say that I was absolutely convinced of the possibility of our making a uranium engine but I never thought that we would make a bomb and at the bottom of my heart I was really glad that it was to be an engine and not a bomb." ~ Heisenburg

The German atomic energy program decided, by 1942, to be entirely focused on reactor development. That book you linked about the 1943 raid makes me chuckle because the Germans had already, explicitly decided not to pursue a bomb program in the year before. They instead were pursuing a modest reactor program that, even if they had the heavy water, would not have been much of a threat.

There just was never a serious German bomb program. At best they got some scientists to speculate about whether a bomb was plausible, then they decided it wasn't and they abandoned the idea.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
99% infantry player, this week tank shit can go fuck itself i won't be doing this crap..i use tanks to spawn on, nothing more..

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
WTF is going on with squad leader points. I'm still seeing them disappear when not being used. In my most recent match I went from having 21k to 11k without using a thing

elenarie is this a known thing? I'm on PS4 by the way

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
That would certainly fix the visibility problem. Everyone left standing would be glowing like crazy

LOL, n1

Its crazy how so many things go wrong with this game. I cant get back to it, even if it is installed.
Battlefield used to be a good, interesting, addictive game... now it's broken, that made people move to a f2p game.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
There is one change I really do like. 20mm cannons do zero damage against tanks. So all the light tanks running around with the 20mm upgrade and AA tanks do nothing against tanks.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also found this. Now this is what I'm talking about. Good move.

nice.png

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get this. Less known battles? Did the war not matter until much later? Did the war only matter when it was D-Day, French Town battles, Snowy forests, bombed out Russian cities?
Less known != less important.

It might be a reality you dislike, but it's hard to argue that famous battles are a far better selling point than "discover those battles you never heard of" for the mass. And that might matter in a AAA game which sold less that it's predecessor. GAAS most likely mean that it's future content and how much of it we get depend on the game success, based on that it's not in the least surprising that most of us want to see Dice releasing content that will attract players so we get more of that content ( or at least not less ). I for one, know for a fact that at least 3 of my friends who have the game or Origin Access, would play the game again if we saw the release of wake/stalingrad/midway and the like, but don't care at all about the coming Grece map.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Last night played two rounds: Rotterdam and Panzerstorm. Is it me or performance improved? I was able to push settings a bit more and staying with good performance.

Anyway, I didn't encounter problems. Which is weird seeing how many people say they have. I found visibility better, and got much more kills than before. I imagine that most of the problem is in Devastation.

Combined arms sucks though, no matchmaking and my friends are playing Apex lol.

Oh and I destroyed my first plane with a tank!

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finished most of the assignments. I'm on the last one and it's kind of a pain in the ass. You need 20 kills with a vehicle while on an enemy objective, so if it's neutral or friendly contested those kills won't count. So far I got 6/20.

That being said Conquest Tanks is the most fun I had in a while. Since players are trying to do assignments, nobody gives a fuck. Tanks are no longer just sitting back and every vehicle is being used in someway. Also you see the new vehicle balance really come into play. The heavy tanks are actually very good, they can take a lot of punishment now and deal it out. The light tanks role has been diminished since 20mm cannons doesn't damage armor now. The tanks actually feel powerful now and not just points for assault players. Also for some reason I was doing really well, better than I usually do. So maybe the new TTK/TTD helped in someway.

So there was a bright side to this patch.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finished most of the assignments. I'm on the last one and it's kind of a pain in the ass. You need 20 kills with a vehicle while on an enemy objective, so if it's neutral or friendly contested those kills won't count. So far I got 6/20.

That being said Conquest Tanks is the most fun I had in a while. Since players are trying to do assignments, nobody gives a fuck. Tanks are no longer just sitting back and every vehicle is being used in someway. Also you see the new vehicle balance really come into play. The heavy tanks are actually very good, they can take a lot of punishment now and deal it out. The light tanks role has been diminished since 20mm cannons doesn't damage armor now. The tanks actually feel powerful now and not just points for assault players. Also for some reason I was doing really well, better than I usually do. So maybe the new TTK/TTD helped in someway.

So there was a bright side to this patch.
Even the AP shells? I feel like the AP shells should atleast do some damage since they are a upgrade and are in limited supplies.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Name 5 popular games before 2016 that had Dunkirk in them as a full fledged mission/campaign in parts, not including games that had entire maps of Europe like Sudden Strike.

I'd hazard a guess that Dunkirk hasn't featured very often because:
a. It was a pretty one sided affair kinda like why Pear Harbour isn't in many games, the image of it conjures an army sitting at a beach while a slowly encroaching force is going to wipe them out. Not the most exciting scenario for a game. Could be excellent though, in a single player game trying to make your way through enemy lines to get to the beach.

And b. It's all British personel before the Americans were involved. Most of the games skew americans or show British/Russia engagements into the war after Americans got involved. I don't think we usually see much before.

Dunkirk is pretty big for us though I can't speak for all UK but in Glasgow a lot large chunk of our WW2 studies were spent on Dunkirk and D-Day whereas I'd assume Americans would get similar treatment to Pearl Harbour?

Just a guess.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I'm on that last assignment, have to kill 20 enemies attacking with a vehicle and I am confused.

Do I have to kill 20 people ON an objective? While I am IN an objective? It's confusing as hell. Only managed to get 1 kill so far, from something. :/

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm on that last assignment, have to kill 20 enemies attacking with a vehicle and I am confused.

Do I have to kill 20 people ON an objective? While I am IN an objective? It's confusing as hell. Only managed to get 1 kill so far, from something. :/

The kills have to be with a vehicle in the cap radius of an enemy flag and if the flag turns neutral or friendly it won't count.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's quite annoying....

Vehicles are awful at just rushing into objectives, they get instantly hammered by mines, dynamite, rockets and everything else the moment they get close to a objective.

So far I've been using the half track. Players generally ignore it because they think it's empty, so just park it somewhere and switch to the inner gunner. The biggest issue are teammates that spawn on it, they'll move it or draw attention to it.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do they actually play their own game because in Battlefield 5 being in the Cap circle for a vehicle is instant death.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I'd hazard a guess that Dunkirk hasn't featured very often because:
a. It was a pretty one sided affair kinda like why Pear Harbour isn't in many games, the image of it conjures an army sitting at a beach while a slowly encroaching force is going to wipe them out. Not the most exciting scenario for a game. Could be excellent though, in a single player game trying to make your way through enemy lines to get to the beach.

And b. It's all British personel before the Americans were involved. Most of the games skew americans or show British/Russia engagements into the war after Americans got involved. I don't think we usually see much before.

Dunkirk is pretty big for us though I can't speak for all UK but in Glasgow a lot large chunk of our WW2 studies were spent on Dunkirk and D-Day whereas I'd assume Americans would get similar treatment to Pearl Harbour?

Just a guess.

Well, you could center it around the french regiments that stayed behind to slow down the German advance for the rest of the troops on the beach to be able to evacuate. They probably had some hefty desperate fights before getting captured/killed.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I just figured it out.

You DON'T have to be on a point to score the points for the last assignments, you have to kill enemies who are on the objective with a vehicle.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
One of the worst post lauch support ever in terms of fresh content. They still fixing the bugs that are supposed to be fixed by release. We are still not completely out of the beta stage. They make "new content" like coop with brain dead AI that nobody wants and the whole tides of war bullshit is just a rotation of different game modes. With the release of APEX, i have no desire to play this game anymore and im one of the biggest BF fan, i played and loved almost every BF title. I even remember playing EOD BF1942 mod on a freaking 56k internet. This franchise needs a huge break

Oct 27, 2017
Checked in the for the first time in weeks.

Feels like a skeleton crew is all that's left working on the game. Honestly seems they simply don't have the resources/manpower to do the fixes/additions the game needs.

Also in 5 rounds played, 2 had cheaters bragging in the chat how easy it was to get around DICE's anti-cheat while getting 40 kills in ~3 minutes.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Something feels really wrong with how little of content we are getting... And I blame it specifically on the lack of Battlefield Premium.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Something feels really wrong with how little of content we are getting... And I blame it specifically on the lack of Battlefield Premium.
With BF1 the dlc drops were Mar, Sep, Dec/Jan, Feb. That was one map pack in the first 10 months. I felt a little ripped off paying near launch in full for content that took so long to arrive, and was half dead within weeks anyway due to the splitting of the player base.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It doesn't feel like we're behind schedule getting maps yet, the problem is going to come when we do start getting them. I'm not sure if more than one map for Greece is even realistic, but less than four is going to go down like poking a bear with a stick. The quality and type of map is going to get an undue amount of scrutiny as well.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the Greece content. If it's just a single map, than I will begin to feel that way..

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Since it was announced no Premium I've always expected the map content to be about 25% of the what Premium was, so about 4 maps total in 2019 maybe early 2020 and that's all.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Didn't expect it but that coop mod at least end up being pretty usefull as a training ground.
Haha yeah. You can actually use specializations so it's more useful as a training ground than the actual training ground.

There is a glitch where sometimes (seems random?) your combined arms stats count towards your multiplayer stats though. Avoid playing until it's fixed if you care about preserving your "real" multiplayer stats. Or play it a ton and enjoy your new pro-level stats? Lol.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I swear half the rounds I played today only half the people were playing, the other half were waiting in the spawn menu trying to get a tank.

Also, I swear to god the half track is made out of paper mache. Got lit up by a f'ing AA tank and destroyed in seconds.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I was excited to see Tank Conquest or whatever it was called, until realizing it's just the name for a server rotation of CQ maps which have tanks. So even though it's tank week in ToW, it still takes forever to spawn into a tank. But hold on, some of the ToW objectives can be done in any mobile vehicle, and I see a few on the deploy screen at our spawn, and... no there's none there once I spawn in. I know that's an old issue, but come on, how hard can it be to fix? Don't show vehicles on the deploy screen that aren't there!

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Haha yeah. You can actually use specializations so it's more useful as a training ground than the actual training ground.

There is a glitch where sometimes (seems random?) your combined arms stats count towards your multiplayer stats though. Avoid playing until it's fixed if you care about preserving your "real" multiplayer stats. Or play it a ton and enjoy your new pro-level stats? Lol.
Yup, my kd is now 7 to 1. Crazy.
Unfortunately, this took the challenge of increasing my kd legally all for not.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Urg, I guess I'll stop playing it until it's resolved. I like following my stats and how they ( usually ) increase over time.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realize co-op actually impacted MP stats. I don't care about my stats but I do care about finishing these stupid assignments. I have no shame, I don't care about getting them illegitimately. Assignments blow.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Depends on the Greece content. If it's just a single map, than I will begin to feel that way..

You and me mate. I'm still a bit optimistic about the new content, since Premium took long to bring new stuff too. However, even though I know that for a lot of people Firestorm is the "make it or break it" moment for the game, to me the Battle of Grece will be our first real look at what the ToW Live Service will bring us in terms of new content. If it's good, then I'll stay optimistic

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Somebody that's smarter than me please explain this:

Why does a live service game, that needs to be sustained with paid cosmetics, still not have an option to do so? .... 3 months after release...

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
TTD and visibility feel the same to me. KE7 still put you down instantly, same for MP-40 and Sten, laser beams lol
and prone everywhere. Rupture in airport, all the time have a prone close to the doors

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Somebody that's smarter than me please explain this:

Why does a live service game, that needs to be sustained with paid cosmetics, still not have an option to do so? .... 3 months after release...
They might want to avoid the bad PR of people going "how dare they microtransaction when there is still x bug/problem from the release" and/or want to do it further from Apex release and at/around BfV BR release.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
They might want to avoid the bad PR of people going "how dare they microtransaction when there is still x bug/problem from the release" and/or want to do it further from Apex release and at/around BfV BR release.
I think "get past the bugs phase" is a little of it, and the PR hit of offering MTX at launch, but we're well past that now and it's really surprising they haven't been in for a month or two. I doubt it has anything at all to do with Apex.

Status
Not open for further replies.