• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
DICE, your assignment system makes me hate playing this game some times.
My current one with the ZH-29 is in one life headshot kill 4 enemies in objective area or get 10 HS kills objective area in 1 round... same weapon, in one round kill 20 enemies from 40 meters away or kill 60 total, this is some MMO grinding shit...

Edit: either it's bugged or i have to be in the objective area, which i have never seen before, why should a sniper have to be in the objective area? I killed 8 player with HS kill while they were in the objective area and nothing counted...

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Assignments are just a way to make you play longer and more. They don't really add anything to the game.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Assignments are just a way to make you play longer and more. They don't really add anything to the game.

Its incredibly misguided on their part. I played more back then in the BF:BC2, BF3 days and even BF4 after they got the game fixed because I got new shit at a regular pace and experimented with it all while having fun doing it because I didn't have to do anything but play the objective. Playing the objective gives you more points which lets you unlock shit faster which lets you have more shit play around with. And playing the game...as intended, not doing stupid assignments, is way more fun.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Progression in BC2 may as well have been non-existent lol. Love that game to bits though. Remaster pls DICE.

I think you unlocked everything by 25 or something. Even then I still played that game long after I reach max rank. It was just a fun game, it didn't need assignments and all the BS unlocks.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I still don't have the gold muzzle for the M1907 SF even though I completed the assignment like week 2. Literally impossible for me to get now. It's just locked and telling me to do the assignment I've already done.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
The playlist for Tides of War this week has made for some great sessions with each of my favourite maps back to back. I would love a 24/7 Panzerstorm server.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care for assignments or ToW stuff luckily.
For me the most important thing is experience epic battles and the win/loss percentage.
I've already put around 120 hours in BFV.
BF4 250 hours.
BF1 280 hours.
oh geez I hate conquest so much now after playing Squad conquest it's no contest.

I can't believe it was a temporary mode I am pissed.
It's such a great mode.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So at the very least Dice added some tank conquest maps so I can avoid the clusterfuck maps.

I really hope the Greece map has a decent amount of vehicles. If anything I really want a map like Karkand.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Signed up for Premier and figured I'd give V a go. Surprisingly enjoyed the campaign missions I've played so far. The game runs really well on my 1060.

The MP tho... played two matches and 80% of people I got into firefights with went prone immediately. Really pathetic, can't believe how rampant it is.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
What i want is non Conquest maps with a lot of vehicules in them. Fuck Conquest.

Give me something like those big, vehicle-heavy maps in the Italian Operation from BF1. Those were g o o d.

I'm not a big fan of the Tides of War system so far, the extremely narrow objectives and bizarrely short time frame means they encourage bad play.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Took me ~3 hours today to finish the last ToW assignment. But finally got the stug IV. I am hoping the archer gun wont be facing backwards when you drive forward. I know it is facing backwards in RL but its annoying for me in game. Like that Russian truck in BF1.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Signed up for Premier and figured I'd give V a go. Surprisingly enjoyed the campaign missions I've played so far. The game runs really well on my 1060.

The MP tho... played two matches and 80% of people I got into firefights with went prone immediately. Really pathetic, can't believe how rampant it is.
I liked the campaign missions too. The open missions is probably the best representation of what battlefield is they've ever done in the campaign.

Bad company 1+2 are still king though, even if they hold very little resemblance to bf

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
What i want is non Conquest maps with a lot of vehicules in them. Fuck Conquest.

WHY NOT BOTH D:

I love Conquest. Breakthrough would be better if it was something like 45 players, 64 is TOO much for that mode. Frontlines is good, but the people playing it are usually very bad and have never play the mode correctly which pretty much ruins it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Game is weird how it calculates points for killing, kill a player with ZH-29 25meters away not in objective area, get 237 points, this player was in the objective area, over 80meters away get 129 lol... both were 2 shot kills, first one was 2 shots to chest, the 80meter kill second shot was HS..also not the first time i have seen this...

Oct 27, 2017
Took me ~3 hours today to finish the last ToW assignment. But finally got the stug IV. I am hoping the archer gun wont be facing backwards when you drive forward. I know it is facing backwards in RL but its annoying for me in game. Like that Russian truck in BF1.

Nobody would ever use Archer if it was like that. With how little communication there is, and still no proximity/vehicle chat, it is just not worth it.

DICE's approach to vehicles in BFV just does not work.

First of all, the asymmetry between factions is too great: there were a Churchill AVRE and Hetzer Flamethrower tanks. Why are the factions using completely different heavy call-ins? The differences between tanks go further with fixed turret, tulip rockets, armored car vs medium tank, different AA weapons... Just make it AVRE vs Sturmtiger, Flamer vs flamer, Flak AA vs Flak, Puma vs Staghound...

Secondly, all the tanks should not cost the same (1 vehicle slot). Just like in BF1, you can end up with messed up situations where some people took armored cars, while others took the heavy tanks. The map should have tank slots for different roles (light, medium, heavy etc.). I think the UI in the main menu has the remnants of such system because it requires you to preload 3 different tanks, which might have been 3 different slots but DICE ran out of time because they only had 4 tanks for germans.

Finally, the tank destroyers should have been a part of the game from the start. There was a Nashorn? in the concept art. The fixed turret tanks should have had the anti-tank damage/velocity buff over the main battle tanks, but it is a mess because most tanks have AP rounds as an upgrade path...

Side note: am I just imaging, or the updated tank-splash damage goes through the walls and objects?

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Ever since the latest patch I have been getting loads of bugs. Black screen on starting a game, flickering screen when you are spectating a teammate, menu lock up, fps drop. A quick Google tells me none of these are not new bugs, but it does give me a taste of how other people have had it since launch.

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
are they eventually gonna get to the more iconic battles of WWII or did they cut back on plans after the game didn't
"meet" their expectations?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Ahhh, so Combined Arms is live?... Any impressions?
I'll never know. The rewards of CC only aren't compelling enough to bother trying to squad up, and the AI in the campaign is so terrible I have no reason to seek out more of it. I can't believe they brought this out without match-making. Someone actually got paid to do that. I wonder if we'll ever hear stats about how many players tried it and finished any of it.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well, finished all ToW except the last one.

Do the kills only count if you are in a Halftrack? Was in a tank and they did not seem to count. Enemies were on an objective.

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since the latest patch I have been getting loads of bugs. Black screen on starting a game, flickering screen when you are spectating a teammate, menu lock up, fps drop. A quick Google tells me none of these are not new bugs, but it does give me a taste of how other people have had it since launch.

The flickering is new. Even if it was reported before the update, it is happening to everyone on the regular basis now. It is already way beyond what is healthy and safe, I wonder how bad it is for the people with a big-ass high-contrast TV in the dark.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I liked the campaign missions too. The open missions is probably the best representation of what battlefield is they've ever done in the campaign.

Bad company 1+2 are still king though, even if they hold very little resemblance to bf

100%! That snow mission that opens up was so good and gave me loose Bad Company vibes.
I was thinking the whole time how badly I wanted BC3. BC2 mp was so so great.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Personally, I think the Mediterranean Theatre is coming next.

-Battle of Greece.

-Italian uniforms are already in the game.

-Sicily "bug" (I find it really hard to believe; it was just a bug and doesn't mean anything).

-They want to focus on lesser known battles and the Mediterranean Theatre fits that. It also started in June 1940, which would make sense with them following a timeline. The Siege of Malta would make for an interesting map.

Malta-CIA_WFB_Map.png

-There is a bunch of concept art for it.

9u5z4cnqdek11.jpg

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, did DICE fucking break the crosshair / tracer feedback on mounted guns, namely on tanks and vehicles or something?

I played a bunch of rounds last night and more today, and I'm certain something is absolutely fucked with them. Crosshair directly over enemies and not a single shot landing. And I mean, when it first happened I thought maybe latency issues, maybe poor play on my behalf not timing ballistic drop and trajectory to hit moving targets. I'll pay that. But the deal was sealed when I was in close proximity of targets (~10 - 15 meters), who are standing still, the tank not moving, and I have a direct line of sight right at them spraying the top mounted machine gun and not a single round hit.

This happened continuously last night and is happening again today. What the fuck?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm really tired of dynamite. It was annoying before, but now that they nerfed rifle nades everyone is using it. However, I think dynamite is just the symptom; it's just Assault in general. I don't understand why you give them the best everything. The best CQC weapon (M1907) and the best mid-long range weapons (semi-auto rifles). Then they have the best gadgets too.

Let's just get rid of all the other classes and just have Assault because that's how it feels.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, did DICE fucking break the crosshair / tracer feedback on mounted guns, namely on tanks and vehicles or something?

I played a bunch of rounds last night and more today, and I'm certain something is absolutely fucked with them. Crosshair directly over enemies and not a single shot landing. And I mean, when it first happened I thought maybe latency issues, maybe poor play on my behalf not timing ballistic drop and trajectory to hit moving targets. I'll pay that. But the deal was sealed when I was in close proximity of targets (~10 - 15 meters), who are standing still, the tank not moving, and I have a direct line of sight right at them spraying the top mounted machine gun and not a single round hit.

This happened continuously last night and is happening again today. What the fuck?
I notice this as well.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Well, finished all ToW except the last one.

Do the kills only count if you are in a Halftrack? Was in a tank and they did not seem to count. Enemies were on an objective.
You can do it with any tank or half-track as well as the squad called in tank killer which is a blast to use from just outside an objective if you can stay out of dangers way. The key is the objective has to be in enemy hands. It doesn't count if it's neutral or your team's color. Also the enemy has to be in the objective when you kill them.

I found the easiest way to get the assignment was to either tank/half-track snipe B on arras from the hill just over the (UK?) Spawn since the opposing team always stays fighting for B. Or alternatively you can take a tank up above E on twisted steel and face the tank towards both E and B. There's tons of enemies down there all match long. I finished the assignment in 1 1/2 matches after finding those two spots. Just make sure the objective is red and you'll get the kills needed

I ended up going 40-2 on twisted just laying waste to E and letting my guys cap it over and over again lol

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You can do it with any tank or half-track as well as the squad called in tank killer which is a blast to use from just outside an objective if you can stay out of dangers way. The key is the objective has to be in enemy hands. It doesn't count if it's neutral or your team's color. Also the enemy has to be in the objective when you kill them.

I found the easiest way to get the assignment was to either tank/half-track snipe B on arras from the hill just over the (UK?) Spawn since the opposing team always stays fighting for B. Or alternatively you can take a tank up above E on twisted steel and face the tank towards both E and B. There's tons of enemies down there all match long. I finished the assignment in 1 1/2 matches after finding those two spots. Just make sure the objective is red and you'll get the kills needed

I ended up going 40-2 on twisted just laying waste to E and letting my guys cap it over and over again lol
Well, that explains that then. I was defending one of our objectives.

You'd think they could employ a writer or something to make the wording on these things clear.

Oct 27, 2017
There is fun out there on the Battlefield, covered in garbage UI and the glitchy shroud.

Driving the armored car, with the AP cannon and tulip rockets, sneaking upon unsuspecting tanks (especially stugs because you can circle them) and rupturing their anuses. While I get the poor shock absorbers and cannon tracking are a part of the WW2 era tanks, I think tanks could be much more lethal if they weren't bumpy rigid potatoes when it comes to targeting/maneuvering.

+ MGs on the tanks are bugged, definitely noticing the mismatch between crosshair and bullets, even when still.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like medics are getting a new weapon class

Pistol carbines don't seem like a good alternative for a main weapon. They are just pistols with stocks and bigger mags. BF V already has some of the weakest pistols in the series. We'll see how DICE balances it. Seems like it would be a semi-auto rifle with less stopping power and range. If that's the case, you might as well just use a SMG because you'll just be losing all your gun fights now, SMGs at least do well in CQC. These pistol carbines seem like they would be mediocre at every range.

Last edited:
OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pistol carbines don't seem like a good alternative for a main weapon. They are just pistols with stocks and bigger mags. BF V already has some of the weakest pistols in the series. We'll see how DICE balances it. Seems like it would be a semi-auto rifle with less stopping power and range. If that's the case, you might as well just use a SMG because you'll just be losing all your gun fights now, SMGs at least do well in CQC. These pistol carbines seem like they would be mediocre at every range.
Yeah I agree with you. Semi automatic rifles will still dominate. DICE should have just made semi automatic rifles available for all classes IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.