• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So I tried to finish out the last ToW tonight but after several rounds of getting very frustrated in not being able to get into a tank and one round where our team was actually too damn good so there were hardly ever any enemy points I gave up and played a few rounds as infantry. People have said it's pretty easy to get on Arras if you are the Germans and you just set on the hit and hit B from a tank but played 4 rounds on Arras and was British every single fucking time because of course I was.

Had a nice moment when trying to destroy a Sturmtiger where I hit it with my one Panzerfaust, then hit it with 2 sticks of TNT but ran out of stuff to hurt it with so I kept behind it and people kept getting out of it to repair and I'd shoot them as they got out until it got onto a point then I called a rocket down onto it.

Oct 29, 2017
They're going all-in on the co-op aye? Interesting strategy....

giphy.gif

Nah, it's just what one of the developers said before the coop mode came out. Not sure why it was posted with no context.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So I tried to finish out the last ToW tonight but after several rounds of getting very frustrated in not being able to get into a tank and one round where our team was actually too damn good so there were hardly ever any enemy points I gave up and played a few rounds as infantry. People have said it's pretty easy to get on Arras if you are the Germans and you just set on the hit and hit B from a tank but played 4 rounds on Arras and was British every single fucking time because of course I was.

Had a nice moment when trying to destroy a Sturmtiger where I hit it with my one Panzerfaust, then hit it with 2 sticks of TNT but ran out of stuff to hurt it with so I kept behind it and people kept getting out of it to repair and I'd shoot them as they got out until it got onto a point then I called a rocket down onto it.
You don't have to wait on a tank at spawn. You can just find a friendly tank on the map and hop in, maybe get a kill or two as a gunner, rinse repeat. Or look up Squad Conquest in the server browser, 2 of 3 maps have a tank each.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to wait on a tank at spawn. You can just find a friendly tank on the map and hop in, maybe get a kill or two as a gunner, rinse repeat. Or look up Squad Conquest in the server browser, 2 of 3 maps have a tank each.
Or do a half-track and sit in the passenger side Gunner seat. There's always half-tracks spawning at the main spawn

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Or do a half-track and sit in the passenger side Gunner seat. There's always half-tracks spawning at the main spawn
I did briefly try in a Half-Track but the only thing I discovered is that they need to use more glue in the paper mache they make those things out of.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I did briefly try in a Half-Track but the only thing I discovered is that they need to use more glue in the paper mache they make those things out of.
Lol that's why you need to stay way back on the hill towards the German spawn. You still may not last long but you'll likely get a fair number of kills. It sucks you have to play it that way but it is what it is.

I'll say I actually like the unlocked tank and I generally hate static turrets. I love that the Gunner has a 360 degree gun to watch your back. I'm reserving judgement until I unlock all the add-ons but so far it's not bad

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Playing Combined Arms made me realize how inconsistent the fall damage is in this game. Jump from the bridge on Twisted Steel? You're fine. Jump from a two story building? Dead.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Being a half track on breakthrough is easier than in conquest, the no-go zones let you retreat and fire in safety, and the focused aspect of mainly fighting over two flags provides lots of opportunities for kills, and flanks that help your team alot.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Almost a week, time to bring up issues with this patch, Recon shots have gotten worse, MORE BULLETS ARE FUCKING VANISHING, before it was just the bolt snipers, now it's the self reloading...since i am close to hitting 20 with Recon i will continue to play this shit class, but once i hit 20 i am done until they can fix these fucking issues..

Another issues when i ADS and fire my first shot it freezes the game slightly like it has to load every thing, i have never experience this in ANY BF GAME, at the beginning of the round i have to ADS and fire a shot so it doesn't happen when I encounter an enemy...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Well that was fun, thanks Dice, sheeeeesh having to play against 12 clan members on the same team of Frontline, pugs vs well organized group, hurry up and put rented servers in this game so pug players like myself don't have to deal with this BULLSHIT, wasn't the first time i ran into this shit tonight, I ran from Conquest game where there was a ton of AOD clan members in the server...

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Whoever designed Hamada as the breakthrough map had their head way up their own ass.

At the start of the map, the defenders have a superiority in elevation, they start with two airplanes and lots of AA defences and cannons.

The attackers, gets one tank and two airplanes and have to attack through two chokepoints. The planes gets chewed up by AA right at the start of the match and the tank EITHER gets taken by an idiot who places it waaaaaay at the back of the map to take some potshots at the defenders or it just gets immediately bombed by the defender airplanes who have more or less full air superiority to the map.

Plus, the only resupply point for the attacking tanks are IN THE GODDAMN MIDDLE OF THE AREA WHERE ALL THE DEFENDERS AND MINES ARE!

It is so fucking bad I wanna scream into a pillow.

Plus the lack of team balancing scripts.

I am starting to see why I have stopped playing Battlefield...

Its indeed awful. Its like the sequel to silk road that nobody wanted

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
I got fed up with BFV 2 weeks ago and took a week off. A week later I dropped in my first frontlines for the ToW. Got absolutely crushed twice in a row. Within 10 minutes half our team would leave each round. Switched to another server, same thing for 2 rounds. Quit for the week. Is even a basic team rebalancing implemented yet? Waited another week, logged on today, took a look at the vehicle centric ToW and immediately logged out. Caught up on this thread and, yup, it's exactly what I would have expected from those ToW requirements. Man I really miss just having players play as they want, and level up and unlocks accordingly without the ToW live game aspect.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Why does the beginning of the BFV Legacy Theme sounds like the Mario Kart 64 intro ?

I haven't been able to complete this week's ToW. I'm only short of the last assignment, with 6 kills already.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So DICE reduced the last ToW assignment to 5 kills instead of 20.

Problem is if you had more than 5 kills but less than 20 on it before their fix it now shows as unlocked but the tank itself doesn't unlock.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So DICE reduced the last ToW assignment to 5 kills instead of 20.

Problem is if you had more than 5 kills but less than 20 on it before their fix it now shows as unlocked but the tank itself doesn't unlock.
That has got to be so annoying. How do they not test that? Like yesterday, I'm getting huge flickering after a death, as others have noted too, happens frequently (base PS4) and I have to click to the Deploy screen to protect my eyes, and this has been a thing for nearly a week? Why???

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I have about 112 hours in this game so far, but I think I am now at the point where I need a break. For me, it's the progression system that has got me bored. I don't feel like I am working toward anything I care about. Gunplay is fun and all that, but that's not what is going to motivate me to log in as much as I have been. I may pop on here and there for some battles, but other than that, I don't see any rewards I care enough about to give me that battlefield progression/reward gratification feeling I have had with previous titles.

Edit: grammar

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
And Squad Conquest is gone. There was 1 server last week in each of NA and Europe. Now there are none. Someone got paid to decide to remove a fun mode from the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Squad Conquest sucks, sorry for those that enjoyed it. If anything you have my support in that they could just up and replace shitty Domination with it permanently. But endless and scatterbrained game modes is not what Battlefield needs at all.

All these game modes and none of them really feels that good. As in the gameplay and maps were designed around trying too many modes and ended up not being that great for anything.

I'm not on board with the attrition backlash popping up in this thread lately. That system is good, it just needs more support from the game to not feel so stupid. Attrition is a bit pointless when if you run short of ammo you'll just YOLO suicide with a pistol and spawn again on your teammate in the same spot.

Oh, and with the new decoupled free-look while flying... uhhh DICE it's time to support headtracking (TrackIR) already. Adding regular joystick mapping during BF1 was a nice and much needed touch, but it's time to go full PC.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It actually felt like Squad Conquest was the mode that everything was designed around. Good maps, all the weapons worked at those ranges and you weren't totally sunk by the usual BF random shitty team mates.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Something odd has been happening. I was hoping that the tank-centric week would help level up my Allied tanks, but the last two nights I played I was always put on the Axis team, even if I switched servers.

Oct 26, 2017
Hah. I have 3. I'm actually completely shocked that a stupid bug like that didn't just fuck me, glad I turned off the game the other day when I did.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else notice a big uptick in wait times to join a server and getting into basically empty servers since the release of Apex on PC? I'm starting to worry this game will die out if they don't start putting more content out for it.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Lucky me, i had 3. Not that it would have mattered, i think i just made like 25 kills in a halftrack in one map thanks for a wonderfull driver.

And no, no uptick on PC for me. I only play on quickplay though.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
West coast servers are generally always full or have one or two with a que. Seems like there are less west coast servers than east coast. So that's probably why they are nearly or always full.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Squad Conquest sucks, sorry for those that enjoyed it. If anything you have my support in that they could just up and replace shitty Domination with it permanently. But endless and scatterbrained game modes is not what Battlefield needs at all.

All these game modes and none of them really feels that good. As in the gameplay and maps were designed around trying too many modes and ended up not being that great for anything.

I'm not on board with the attrition backlash popping up in this thread lately. That system is good, it just needs more support from the game to not feel so stupid. Attrition is a bit pointless when if you run short of ammo you'll just YOLO suicide with a pistol and spawn again on your teammate in the same spot.

Oh, and with the new decoupled free-look while flying... uhhh DICE it's time to support headtracking (TrackIR) already. Adding regular joystick mapping during BF1 was a nice and much needed touch, but it's time to go full PC.
Squad Conquest sucks? For you maybe.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think it sucks, but it's not why I play BF. I don't play BF for small game modes. If I wanted that type of experience, I'd play CSGO, CoD, Quake Champions, and etc. BF to me is about large scale warfare. A lot of vehicles, players, and huge maps. You are just a cog in the war machine. There are plenty of FPSs that do small modes right. However, there are few that do large scale right. So I'd rather have large scale modes, which is what BF has been about since its inception.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
So the update didn't change much, you can still do assignments in combined arms, also stay alive daily was completed in combined arms hahahahahahahaha...

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I don't think it sucks, but it's not why I play BF. I don't play BF for small game modes. If I wanted that type of experience, I'd play CSGO, CoD, Quake Champions, and etc. BF to me is about large scale warfare. A lot of vehicles, players, and huge maps. You are just a cog in the war machine. There are plenty of FPSs that do small modes right. However, there are few that do large scale right. So I'd rather have large scale modes, which is what BF has been about since its inception.
Right on.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Recon is really a shit class, but then again Dice don't give a fuck, have yet to fix the vanishing bullets or even took a good look at how bad this class is, BF1 snipers were all max damage, i have had players take 1 shots close range from Bolt sniper and live, BF3/4/1 players died close range with 1 shot....fix your game man sheeeeesh...

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For the new operation, its airborne (night?) on panzerstorm, breakthrough panzerstorm, rush arras and last stand (tie) arras

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
FUCK THIS SHIT

As reported here, I also had just 6 kills in the last assignment. I was looking up to complete it and unlock the tank. So now I have nothing to do AND I got no reward.

This is the first time I feel like this after an update. Seriously.

Like being a BFV fan is now being a WWE fan. You know it SHOULD be better, it has everything, but somehow always has a way of dropping you.

But I keep coming back, damn it.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So I noticed that on Twisted Steel Conquest some times the Germans seem to spawn a few people on D flag at the start of the game. You notice that Germans start capturing D, G and F long before any of the Allies get to A B or D.

It's rather annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.