• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Finished all the assignments and I did them on Hannut GO. So now I can give some better feedback on it.

Airborne Panzerstorm

I really like this. I think it's fairly balanced. However, attackers need to learn how to play it. They constantly just bash their heads against A and B for whole match and waste tickets and time. The map is ripe for flanking and you can easily go to C or D. It allows the attackers to hit from every angle and cause lot of confusion for the defenders. Also squad wipes are extremely important for the attackers. The defenders spawn pretty from the objectives. For it being a night map, visibility really isn't a huge issue. Out of all the Airborne maps, this is the best one.

Breakthrough Panzerstorm

I love this, but I also hate it. This feels like what BF is all about. However, I hate it because of the teams. Both attackers and defenders will do this. The vehicles just sit as far back as possible, stat padding, while the infantry go into the meat grinder. However, there is no excuse for it on this map. The capture areas are huge. You can easily bring up vehicles to help, but a lot of players just feel the need to sit back and worry about K/D. However, that being said, this map is magical when you have decent teams on both sides and it's back and forth. You really get to see combined arms at play on this map. Everything gets used.

Rush Arras

This needs some balancing. I never seen the attackers win this, let alone get passed that second set of points. I've seen both wins and losses on Airborne/Breakthrough, but I never seen the attackers win on Rush. It seems like they either need more time or tickets. I think time would be a better option than tickets. I think the issue is the M-COMs being in a building. When they are outside, they are pretty easy to take. However, M-COM B on the second set is in a building and it's almost impossible to get in there. BC 2 had M-COMs in buildings; however, you could completely level the building, so it didn't matter. BF V doesn't have the same amount of destruction, so taking the M-COMs in the buildings is tough.

Overall, I really alike Hannut, I wish the other GO were more like it. It's not perfect by any means, but it super fun and feels like BF.
Thanks for this

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Archer is pretty beastly and I don't have any upgrades. It has 30 shells default. The passenger MG is horrible though, it faces backwards (forwards?), nobody is going to use that. lol

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't even bother to record new dialogue lines for the new Grand Op. Seems kinda cheap and symptomatic for the whole post launch-support so far.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
GO Hannut had no intros and outros speechs when I played. I hope it's a bug, because narrative is weaker than ever without it.

I like the number of tanks on Hannut. Other GO should have more tanks.
They didn't even bother to record new dialogue lines for the new Grand Op. Seems kinda cheap and symptomatic for the whole post launch-support so far.

Yep. Even if the actual GO is super fun, these hurt the overall presentation of the game and it makes you have that feeling that they rushed it.

Is it a bug or something elenarie ?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Rush Arras

This needs some balancing. I never seen the attackers win this, let alone get passed that second set of points. I've seen both wins and losses on Airborne/Breakthrough, but I never seen the attackers win on Rush. It seems like they either need more time or tickets. I think time would be a better option than tickets. I think the issue is the M-COMs being in buildings. When they are outside, they are pretty easy to take. However, M-COM B on the second set is in a building and it's almost impossible to get in there. BC 2 had M-COMs in buildings; however, you could completely level the building, so it didn't matter. BF V doesn't have the same amount of destruction, so taking the M-COMs in the buildings is tough.

Being looked into balance-wise. Either a live update or a client/server patch, unsure how we will handle this yet, as we need more data.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Matchmaking is totally broken for me right now. Wasn't able to find a match conquest or TDM in quickplay.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I let the game match make the first part, instantly put me on Panzerstorm, getting rekt by tanks who refuse to move up ain't fun, can i choose anymode to accomplish the first part or does it have to be what the match making gives me?

Edit
This game is beta, no spawn protection is pathetic design, all squad mates are dead, choose default spawn and the tank is killing us as we spawn and it refuses to put us in another location since the tank is FAR away, my favorite game is Guild Wars 2 PvP/WvW has spawn protection areas, in these areas you are invulnerable to damage, game from 2012 understands the importance of this sheeeeesh get your act together Dice..

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What is the status of cosmetics shop? I really can't stand looking at the leukemia army anymore...

I still run into the delayed TTK, bipod and vaulting issues. The bipod is better, I think, but the other two - no difference.

Spot 10 enemies with the flare in 1 life: hug the ammo box and be useless for a few minutes spamming flares. I did it, but why do these assignments have to be so boring and counter-productive?

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
What is the status of cosmetics shop? I really can't stand looking at the leukemia army anymore...

I still run into the delayed TTK, bipod and vaulting issues. The bipod is better, I think, but the other two - no difference.

Spot 10 enemies with the flare in 1 life: hug the ammo box and be useless for a few minutes spamming flares. I did it, but why do these assignments have to be so boring and counter-productive?
That one probably has to exist so that people know that the flare works again, so many players are oblivious.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rush Arras

This needs some balancing. I never seen the attackers win this, let alone get passed that second set of points. I've seen both wins and losses on Airborne/Breakthrough, but I never seen the attackers win on Rush. It seems like they either need more time or tickets. I think time would be a better option than tickets. I think the issue is the M-COMs being in buildings. When they are outside, they are pretty easy to take. However, M-COM B on the second set is in a building and it's almost impossible to get in there. BC 2 had M-COMs in buildings; however, you could completely level the building, so it didn't matter. BF V doesn't have the same amount of destruction, so taking the M-COMs in the buildings is tough.

First match I played was an overwhelming attack victory. Smoke is the key.

Oct 27, 2017
That one probably has to exist so that people know that the flare works again, so many players are oblivious.

The 10 spots in ONE LIFE guarantees that you will not do anything else but shoot flares, hide, restock, repeat.

An educational assignment would involve landing/hovering the flares inside the objective area, without the fear of dying at your 7th spot. A repetition of 10-20 flares inside the objective (without consecutive spots) would not disrupt the normal recon gameplay, and might get you into the habit of deploying the flare to periodically targeting the high-population spots.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The 10 spots in ONE LIFE guarantees that you will not do anything else but shoot flares, hide, restock, repeat.

An educational assignment would involve landing/hovering the flares inside the objective area, without the fear of dying at your 7th spot. A repetition of 10-20 flares inside the objective (without consecutive spots) would not disrupt the normal recon gameplay, and might get you into the habit of deploying the flare to periodically targeting the high-population spots.
That took me 30 seconds on Breakthrough as defender. Spawn on flag, fire flare straight up, get ammo, fire flare between the flags and another straight up, finished first try. Spotting like that is very helpful for the team and a great way to get points.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Panzerstorm needs some more hard cover all around in between objectives on the open fields, woof. I love that map but it's a bloodbath when you're running to the obj in an open field 300m away from the obj.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
And the ToW assignments are bugged. One of my active ones is "arm an objective in modes including Frontlines". I armed one, I was the only one arming it, and it blew up, and it wasn't recognized.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So the Stug still hasn't unlocked for me even though I completed last weeks ToW and it's in the armory for 100cc but I don't want to pay that out of principal alone due to it being bugged.

Also I'm pretty sure I got the 10 spots via flare in one life with a single flare... The point was rather busy.

EDIT: Also I got 446 of the required 500 grenade damage points with a single grenade.

Last edited:

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
You can actually buy the new tank for only 100cc in the company menu lol. So glad I skipped last week's TOW hahaha.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I have an assignment from the Deluxe version, Fallschirmjager Joining the Elite. Complete 2 of:

- Play 6 rounds of Airborne.
- As Axis, arm 3 explosives with your squad in Airborne.
- As Allied, shoot down 5 transport aircraft with AA.

I just played a game and armed 2 of them myself, and the counter hasn't budged. Anyone have experience with that?

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have an assignment from the Deluxe version, Fallschirmjager Joining the Elite. Complete 2 of:

- Play 6 rounds of Airborne.
- As Axis, arm 3 explosives with your squad in Airborne.
- As Allied, shoot down 5 transport aircraft with AA.

I just played a game and armed 2 of them myself, and the counter hasn't budged. Anyone have experience with that?
Were you on the Axis side?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
giphy.gif

How do you make the highlight feature, hitching and positioning support weapons, a broken piece of shit like it currently is in BFV? Why even bother if it is going to cause only frustration?

No wonder nobody uses them. You drag a 6 pounder on the hill to get a good position, mangle it for 60 seconds to get the right angle, then unhitch. IT FUCKING ROLLS OFF THE HILL, there is barely any angle... Same for the AA cannon: it just jitters off the surface as you shoot...

Shooting on the move is out of the question. The entire hitching mechanism is buggy and constantly tumbling. You cannot even see the weapon unless you rotate the camera in the third-person losing the track of what is ahead of you.

You can actually nudge the parked weapon with your vehicle if you detach it while reversing, but if you aim for the barrel (an obvious way to rotate it without being attached to the vehicle), it just phases through.

A gunner cannot detach it himself, a driver cannot communicate with the gunner, the weapon cannot be positioned without the vehicle.

PS Is there a handbrake for vehicles? Can I actually stop the vehicle instead of reversing to cancel-out the forward momentum? I cannot state how many times I have failed to stop on the hill because I don't know how to brake... The highly limited up/down movement of the barrel requires a precise spot.
Agreed, have said it for a long time now, the towable weapons are often useless without some sort of slow manual control to refine their positioning. Doesn't have to be that they suddenly rush off like being on an engine, but just to be able to gently push the gun or rotate it in a slow pace is all that is needed.

Oct 26, 2017
Wait. The tank costs 100CC? One daily challenge? So what the fuck is the point of Tides of War....? Nevermind stupid question there clearly is no point.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I'd wager that the tank costs only 100cc so those that had the assignments bug could unlock "fairly" the tank.

Because there's people who had more than 5 kills out of the recquired 20 when the assignments was changed to 5 only and they got fucked by that because they could not complete the assignment anymore and thus unlock the reward.

If there is no weirdness for the Archer tank, i doubt it will also be only 100 to buy.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Level 23 Recon going 101-7. Yeah bro, you're not fooling anyone. Most of the server reported him.

I looked up his stats and you wouldn't think he's a cheater. His stats aren't great, but then you look at individual stats. +300 kills with the Gewehr M95 with 57% accuracy. lol

So he's either toggling so he looks bad or he just started cheating recently.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Level 23 Recon going 101-7. Yeah bro, you're not fooling anyone. Most of the server reported him.

I looked up his stats and you wouldn't think he's a cheater. His stats aren't great, but then you look at individual stats. +300 kills with the Gewehr M95 with 57% accuracy. lol

So he's either toggling so he looks bad or he just started cheating recently.
You know they toggle, they want to hack and act like great players....i stop calling them out since some cunt is always gonna white knight, i just report abd move to new server..

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Glad the archer doesn't have to drive backwards.

I assume they just made it so reverse is forward for the tank. With other Valentines, it seems they go as fast in reverse as forward anyway. I just watched a video of it, and it looks like that's exactly what they did otherwise it would probably too confusing for players. I wonder how the armor is though, since the 'rear' of the tank is facing forward for the Archer, that's where the engine is.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying ToW, but I'm "new" to BF so it's been like a giant tutorial for me...getting me to play different classes and try and achieve different objectives.

I main medic so I hadn't thrown a grenade at anyone, ever, to get damage....had fun figuring out where people might be to get the 500 damage thingy.

Going back to Recon now to get my final class above level 10 and get my last probable achievement.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the StuG, even though for some weird reason I still had to buy it for 100 CC. And the next disappointment is that it doesn't have any new specializations.
Those have the opportunity to really change up a vehicle like the Paratrooper upgrade for the Blenheim but it's sad that's an exception for creative upgrades rather than the rule.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Wait. The tank costs 100CC? One daily challenge? So what the fuck is the point of Tides of War....? Nevermind stupid question there clearly is no point.
They fucked up and made it too hard. My neck hurts from the whiplash of spending a holiday weekend trying to grind that unlock and this week I practically unlocked the new tank during a quick session before bed last night.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I can't believe how bad the weapon skins are after 3 months. BF1 had loads of good skins. In BFV, they have you do a half dozen assignments to unlock the same boring "mint" skin, and another half dozen for gold, and then there's a handful more from ToW rank unlocks. Also no Boins. Not that I'd be spending, but you'd think a live product would prioritize people actually being able to fund it.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how bad the weapon skins are after 3 months. BF1 had loads of good skins. In BFV, they have you do a half dozen assignments to unlock the same boring "mint" skin, and another half dozen for gold, and then there's a handful more from ToW rank unlocks. Also no Boins. Not that I'd be spending, but you'd think a live product would prioritize people actually being able to fund it.
The game isn't in a state where they could get away with it.

I do find it hilarious that skins are now 7 unlocks instead of one. Wonder how often people mix and match when they have complete sets.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Captured skins only available through purchase, or can you get them with assignments? I haven't progressed much with the weapons assignments, but I miss the beat up skins from BF1.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Some of the best looks are mix and match.

allied1.png

allied3.png

This one isn't mixed that much, but I find the Axis to be lacking in cosmetics.
axis1.png

Are the Captured skins only available through purchase, or can you get them with assignments? I haven't progressed much with the weapons assignments, but I miss the beat up skins from BF1.

Those are only purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.