• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
I couldn't decide which platform to go with, so I bought the deluxe edition on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I would say my hype is through the roof.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like their release strategy here is going to backfire. The slow trickle release which initially requires a subscription for the first roll out is just going to kill any potential hype train that would have otherwise net them lots of sales.

I feel like a large amount of potential players will see reviews/streams/social media/etc this week and either:

1. Subscribe to EA access premium for a month, play the game until the sub runs out, unsubscribe and then never bother to purchase the full game.

2. See that to play the game now requires a subscription, decide to wait for official release and then ultimately not buy the game because the hype has died down by the time the actual release date rolls around weeks later.

True fans of the series will of course buy this iteration as usual but I really feel like EA will lose out on a lot of sales from buyers on the fence or impulse purchasers from this release method.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like their release strategy here is going to backfire. The slow trickle release which initially requires a subscription for the first roll out is just going to kill any potential hype train that would have otherwise net them lots of sales.

I feel like a large amount of potential players will see reviews/streams/social media/etc this week and either:

1. Subscribe to EA access premium for a month, play the game until the sub runs out, unsubscribe and then never bother to purchase the full game.

2. See that to play the game now requires a subscription, decide to wait for official release and then ultimately not buy the game because the hype has died down by the time the actual release date rolls around weeks later.

True fans of the series will of course buy this iteration as usual but I really feel like EA will lose out on a lot of sales from buyers on the fence or impulse purchasers from this release method.

Dont see why it now suddenly matters, Access had been arround for some years already And the full release is not weeks later. Its in 12 days.

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Cant replay the intro video anymore. Had to Alt F4 because it lagged so hard, and now i cant watch it again. That sucks.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Love when a squadmate was down middle on the road and i couldnt get to him. To risky, But i looked at him and my character shouted

"Hold on soldier help is coming!"

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Cant replay the intro video anymore. Had to Alt F4 because it lagged so hard, and now i cant watch it again. That sucks.

Believe its just a prologue of war stories.

I hate games that do that.
Need to be able to see/play prologues over.

Cant wait to see angry joe review last time he was pissed about the micro transactions .

I believe the microtransactions in this are purely cosmetic.....its a first person shooter you cant even see your soldier so i wouldnt even be pissed at the cosmetics they have in this game.

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
So far yeah its solid. But we dont know what the chokepoint map/locations are.
Game looks nice also. Nice and sharp. Better then BF1? Dont know. They just looks different so difficult to compare.
Nice

I hope enemies are a little easier to see in darker areas now, I think dice mentioned they were working on that

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I hate games that do that.
Need to be able to see/play prologues over.

I believe the microtransactions in this are purely cosmetic.....its a first person shooter you cant even see your soldier so i wouldnt even be pissed at the cosmetics they have in this game.

Prologue is a mission you can select.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're anything like me I find the whole concept of watching other people play games unappealing, just something I never grew up with or adapted to
Find someone who isnt a "character" scroll down and find someone who doesnt put themselves as the main focus of the stream. I do it just to get a sense of a game if I am on the fence about buying

Oct 27, 2017
If they're anything like me I find the whole concept of watching other people play games unappealing, just something I never grew up with or adapted to

Some streamers can be really good, which is impressive to watch.
Some streamers can be highly educational, which is useful if you want to learn the game.
Some streamers can be really funny, which is entertaining.

However, the streamers of Battlefield just play the game. They aren't mechanical gods, they aren't experts and they aren't funny. Most of them are just random dudes playing the game, nothing more.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some streamers can be really good, which is impressive to watch.
Some streamers can be highly educational, which is useful if you want to learn the game.
Some streamers can be really funny, which is entertaining.

However, the streamers of Battlefield just play the game. They aren't mechanical gods, they aren't experts and they aren't funny. Most of them are just random dudes playing the game, nothing more.

You should watch Ravic or Mus1ck for point 1.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Dont see why it now suddenly matters, Access had been arround for some years already And the full release is not weeks later. Its in 12 days.

You can see why it matters in the last two pages of this OT. People are saying things like "I have no other reason to subscribe to EA access other than to play BFV early". The impact of the game's release is deadened by the huge gap in release dates. We'll see a deluge of media on it for the next few days and then the world will move on. From a marketing perspective, I would think a company would want players to be able to purchase the game they just read a review about or saw on a stream.

As an example, I'm a casual Forza Horizon fan. To play Forza Horizon 4 early, I signed up for a 14 day free trial to the Xbox game pass. By the time my 14 days were up, I had had my initial fill of the game and due to launch issues with the game, I've decided to wait to purchase FH4 until it's on sale at a later date. Its possible I won't buy FH4 for another 3-6 months or maybe even never at all.

Imagine if Bungie released D2 12 days early to people paying for a game pass subscription. The hype on release of that game was enormous and millions bought in. Within 12 days, all of the ugly issues associated with the D2 release had surfaced and people were eviscerating the game in the media. If people had to either subscribe or wait 12 days for D2, it would have had a significant negative impact on sales. In fact, the PC launch of D2 was a total dud because of the delay and subsequent bad media.

I'm a huge BF fan and will be buying this game regardless. I'm just concerned they will lose out on a lot of sales.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You can see why it matters in the last two pages of this OT. People are saying things like "I have no other reason to subscribe to EA access other than to play BFV early". The impact of the game's release is deadened by the huge gap in release dates. We'll see a deluge of media on it for the next few days and then the world will move on. From a marketing perspective, I would think a company would want players to be able to purchase the game they just read a review about or saw on a stream.

As an example, I'm a casual Forza Horizon fan. To play Forza Horizon 4 early, I signed up for a 14 day free trial to the Xbox game pass. By the time my 14 days were up, I had had my initial fill of the game and due to launch issues with the game, I've decided to wait to purchase FH4 until it's on sale at a later date. Its possible I won't buy FH4 for another 3-6 months or maybe even never at all.

Imagine if Bungie released D2 12 days early to people paying for a game pass subscription. The hype on release of that game was enormous and millions bought in. Within 12 days, all of the ugly issues associated with the D2 release had surfaced and people were eviscerating the game in the media. If people had to either subscribe or wait 12 days for D2, it would have had a significant negative impact on sales. In fact, the PC launch of D2 was a total dud because of the delay and subsequent bad media.

I'm a huge BF fan and will be buying this game regardless. I'm just concerned they will lose out on a lot of sales.

Dont think it will matters. And like i said it happens for years now. Doesnt mean you are wrong tho. I have a different opinion on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.