Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't in the 35-ish level, don't bother. It is a treadmill: you have to do weekly assignments to generate a lot of the Chapter XP.
I was up to level 36 last week, having done the vast majority of the weekly missions through February and march...but I just stopped. The level requirements got REALLY high, like 110k per level, and the weekly missions were hard for me (arm or disarm 4 times).

With only 2 weeks left, the missions were less than 1 level per week and grinding the rest was looking like too much.

Tldr, the exponential curve got me!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
DICE need an entire team working on some kind of algorithm based on bomber/jet location relative to spawn points because if I spawn right on top of a bomber's bombing run one more fucking time I'm going to throw my computer off the balcony.

I was up to level 36 last week, having done the vast majority of the weekly missions through February and march...but I just stopped. The level requirements got REALLY high, like 110k per level, and the weekly missions were hard for me (arm or disarm 4 times).

With only 2 weeks left, the missions were less than 1 level per week and grinding the rest was looking like too much.

Tldr, the exponential curve got me!
Actually, you have 3 days left

Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded BF1 again after barely playing 10 hours of it since it launched.

I really don't feel the guns, BFV wins hands down on that matter.
I thought BFV UI was bad but 1 is even worse. The sole advantage is the assignment that tracks by themselves.
The general athmosphere on the other hand is much better on 1, you really feel like you're in a war.
The maps are obviously more numerous but those i played today are sniper heaven (Russian maps and suez). Wich is kinda unfortunate.

But overall, i think i'll keep playing BF1 while waiting for interesting new stuff on BFV (and Firestorm is of no interest to me).

Oct 28, 2017
So, from what I’m reading, everyone has abandoned ship and the game will be dead in a month or two. Dammit, I just bought it digitally after having traded it a month or so ago. I guess at least I only paid 30 for it
I don't think we have abandonned ship. It's more like we're in shore leave. :p

The game is good, it's just that the lack of new content is getting difficult after 4 months of playing it. So we need to see something else for a while.

I don't think we have abandonned ship. It's more like we're in shore leave. :p

The game is good, it's just that the lack of new content is getting difficult after 4 months of playing it. So we need to see something else for a while.
That’s good, I was afraid I’d just wasted 30 bucks on it by buying it again. I’ve been playing Devil May Cry V for the last week and it’s awesome, so I’ll stick with that until I can get some new content/updates for this.

Oct 31, 2017
I downloaded BF1 again after barely playing 10 hours of it since it launched.

I really don't feel the guns, BFV wins hands down on that matter.
I thought BFV UI was bad but 1 is even worse. The sole advantage is the assignment that tracks by themselves.
The general athmosphere on the other hand is much better on 1, you really feel like you're in a war.
The maps are obviously more numerous but those i played today are sniper heaven (Russian maps and suez). Wich is kinda unfortunate.

But overall, i think i'll keep playing BF1 while waiting for interesting new stuff on BFV (and Firestorm is of no interest to me).
The only thing that keeps me returning to BF1 every once in a while is the artistic direction of that game. And the use of the music. Those two things make up for a lot of stuff.

Every other thing is better than BFV. That artistic choice of BF1, that feel of being in a dream-like sequence with steps into Steampunk-WW1, is unique, while BFV goes for a more gritty (Devastation, Fjell, Narvik) and/or realistic (TS, Arras, Panzerstorm), daunting at moments, feel. The visual tone of BF1 even makes some people think it looks better. It's quite an achievement.

The music adds a lot too. Soundtrack in BFV is great but it isn't as well used as in BF1. I'd like music to kick in earlier in the match in BFV.

But the gunplay, movement and map design is far better in BFV, there arent many base rape games in here.

So, from what I’m reading, everyone has abandoned ship and the game will be dead in a month or two. Dammit, I just bought it digitally after having traded it a month or so ago. I guess at least I only paid 30 for it
Naaah, that's too hyperbolic. It's true that the game needs more content, but it's not going to die that easily. We're tons of people loving the game.

But DICE does need to step up it's game. We'll see this week that roadmap, see if it brings a bit of hype though I'm all aware that no matter how good it is, there will be complaints by the millions

OP
OP
iRAWRasaurus

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah New map and hopefully a good roadmap this week. Also battle royal next week. But if this game does want to survive in the upcoming year or so, the roadmap better give people what they want.

Nov 3, 2017
I hope they tweak visibility some more...some camping playing Rush on Devastation and Narvik today was pretty insane...once you prone in rubble you really can't be seen...
I don't have problems with Devastation campers anymore, I raise the brightness to 65, the map is dark so players blend in with the rubble, with my brightness that high the map actually looks more natural and enemies are easier to spot..if you playing Rush once it switches to Narvik turn the brightness back to default if you don't want to go blind lol..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Err, so does that new Mosquito plane have a giant cannon that can quickly take down opposing air with a nice lined up shot or two? Much like the anti-tank canon on BF1 planes?

Because that's sure been fun so far.

Oct 28, 2017
Err, so does that new Mosquito plane have a giant cannon that can quickly take down opposing air with a nice lined up shot or two? Much like the anti-tank canon on BF1 planes?

The new mosquito, i don't know. But the new JU have been promoted showing a big ass anti-tank cannon attached under it's hull. I suppose it should do massive damage if you manage to hit a plane with that.

But i don't use vehicules, so i'll probably never see this in action.

Oct 26, 2017

Last 2 time I played a plane I got oneshooted by one of those fucker. Not touching planes again until that change.

Nov 13, 2018
The new mosquito, i don't know. But the new JU have been promoted showing a big ass anti-tank cannon attached under it's hull. I suppose it should do massive damage if you manage to hit a plane with that.

But i don't use vehicules, so i'll probably never see this in action.
I've never gotten into a plane , so not interested at all.

Oct 30, 2017
San Diego

Yes, the Stuka B-2 and new Mosquito/Ju 88 all have the ability to destroy any aircraft in a few hits.

The Stuka B-2 shoots the fastest, but does the least amount of damage per hit. You can destroy an aircraft in about 3-4 hits.
The Mosquito is probably the best, it has a lower RoF than the Stuka B-2, but it can two shot an aircraft.
The Ju 88 is probably the worst. Its damage is similar to the Mosquito but it has a lower RoF.

So, Mosquito>Stuka B-2>Ju 88.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
The mosquito wrecked every single tank I had in Panzerstorm. Never felt that frustration in a vehicle before, I'll have to start using AA tanks again

By the way, do we know when the Firestorm embargo lifts?

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm going to invest my time in Division 2 for a while. It's fantastic.
Deserter!

The mosquito wrecked every single tank I had in Panzerstorm. Never felt that frustration in a vehicle before, I'll have to start using AA tanks again

By the way, do we know when the Firestorm embargo lifts?
21st, I am 84% sure.

With these tank-hunter bombers, the AA tank + one positioned Flak cannon should be a way to go. We need a map like Panzerstorm, but WITHOUT AIRPLANES. Nobody wants to sit in the AA tank, scaring planes away while avoiding tank destroyers on the horizon. + we need shark vehicle paintjobs, tank tops, spec-ops masks, skirts and long hair.

Nov 13, 2018
Deserter!

21st, I am 84% sure.

With these tank-hunter bombers, the AA tank + one positioned Flak cannon should be a way to go. We need a map like Panzerstorm, but WITHOUT AIRPLANES. Nobody wants to sit in the AA tank, scaring planes away while avoiding tank destroyers on the horizon. + we need shark vehicle paintjobs, tank tops, spec-ops masks, skirts and long hair.
Lol I've got 200 hours into BFV. I need a little break.

Oct 26, 2017
youtubers are going to upload their gameplay this week, but we don't know when
I hadn't noticed that the 25th was a Monday, the impression that I got from watching the trailer reveal stream was that they'd show it on the next shitty stream in a week, and then I figured the 25th was a week after that. But yeah it seems like the YouTube shills weren't allowed to say when they can upload their footage so.... ehhh....

I did actually have a lot of fun playing BFV last night. I got on the not shitty teams for the most part. 99 times out of 100 when someone revives me with basically no ammo left I curse my teammate's name.... but 1 out of 100 you get a Battlefield Moment (tm):

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Hey man. I’m still playing on the regular. Just started God of War so I’m not playing as much but I’m still having fun with it. Definitely hopeful that Firestorm brings some much needed freshness

I hadn't noticed that the 25th was a Monday, the impression that I got from watching the trailer reveal stream was that they'd show it on the next shitty stream in a week, and then I figured the 25th was a week after that. But yeah it seems like the YouTube shills weren't allowed to say when they can upload their footage so.... ehhh....
Footage goes up the 21st from what I've seen/heard.

Oct 27, 2017
Can we have like 1/3 of that Firestorm map and create a new Conquest Extra Large mode with 50v50 players.
But why?
If you want a meatgrinder, go Breakthrough.
If you want a walking simulator, go Hamada/Twisted Steel.

We need maps which specialize in something as opposed to being just a different layout of the same shit. Maps specializing:
• Urban
• Trenches
• Open fields
• Fortress
• Urban vehicles
• Countryside vehicles
• Forest
• Jungle
• Mountains
• Seaside
• Winter (Fucking 2013 strategy game Coh2 had separate vehicle traction for ice, mud, snow. You would see pathfinding drifting, avoiding destroyed patches of ice and vehicle sinking if the ice is destroyed below them.
• Naval
• Air
• Islands

Then combine those factors with map layout:
• Long and narrow
• Wide open diamond-like
• Square
• Custom shapes, like the Wake Island

Further, combine with the weather, night-time, size or gamemode.

Tl;dr: we don't need bigger game modes because there is an unlimited amount of WW2 content unexplored.

Oct 31, 2017
Update from Reddit:

This Week’s Highlights
  • BLOGS
    • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker - Every week we check the status of top trending/impacting issues and update our list.
    • BLOG: Firestorm Overview
    • Firestorm BLOG: Objectives and Reinforcements
    • Firestorm BLOG: Weapons, Gadgets, and Armor
    • Firestorm BLOG Combat Vehicles, Transport Vehicles, and Towables
  • RELEASE
    • (TBD PENDING CERT ) Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Update #1
  • DISCUSSIONS
    • DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm Gameplay Trailer - Let's talk about that gameplay trailer.
    • (TBD PENDING CERT ) DISCUSSION: Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Update #1
    • DISCUSSION: Classes in Battlefield V - While there may be some overlap with our Classes discussion and our previous Gadgets discussion, let's focus specifically on Classes and Combat Roles.
  • TRAILERS/VIDEOS
    • Battlefield V: Firestorm Gameplay Trailer

Please note: Items could shift or be moved out.

• Monday, 3/18/2019
    • This Week in Battlefield V - What you're reading right now! An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more.
  • Tuesday, 3/19/2019
    • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week-Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
    • Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet.
  • Wednesday, 3/20/2019
    • (TBD PENDING CERT) Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Update #1 Notes
    • (TBD PENDING CERT) Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Update Deploy Timing
    • DISCUSSION: Classes in Battlefield V - While there may be some overlap with our Classes discussion and our previous Gadgets discussion, let's focus specifically on Classes and Combat Roles.
  • Thursday, 3/21/2019
    • (TBD PENDING CERT) Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Update #1 Releases
    • Battlefield V: Firestorm Gameplay Trailer Releases - Our gameplay trailer for Battlefield V: Firestorm goes live.
    • DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm Trailer - Let's talk about that gameplay trailer.
    • (TBD PENDING CERT) DISCUSSION: Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Update #1
    • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker Update
    • FIRESTORM BLOG: Firestorm Overview
    • FIRESTORM BLOG: Objectives and Reinforcements
    • FIRESTORM BLOG: Weapons, Gadgets, and Armor
    • FIRESTORM BLOG Combat Vehicles, Transport Vehicles, and Towables
  • Friday, 3/22/2019
    • DEV TALK - Dev Talks have returned!
    • BLOG: Chapter 3 FAQ
    • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notes & Addendums
  • RE: The Roadmap - We're working very diligently with various teams to roll out the next roadmap this week, potentially dropping this Friday. Once we have been signed off with our various partners, we'll update this calendar with the Roadmap release date.
  • There is no ToW Weekly Challenge this week.

Oct 25, 2017
DICE need an entire team working on some kind of algorithm based on bomber/jet location relative to spawn points because if I spawn right on top of a bomber's bombing run one more fucking time I'm going to throw my computer off the balcony.
They can easily fucking fix these spawn deaths by adding some short spawn protection/invulnerability. Make it so the player can’t shoot either so they wouldn’t have an advantage.

Oct 27, 2017
Most modes give the attackers an extra tank, which is supposed to balance the map. You play breakthrough: AA tanks make a short work of snipers/MGs, while Heavier tanks demolish fortifications.

The problem starts with a map like Devastation Breakthrough, where attackers are just fucked: no vehicles, no cover, no high ground. Defenders have the buildings, elevation, ammo, fortifications etc.

And then there are maps like Aerodrome, where attackers have 4 tanks, trenches and the entire cliff to attack from, there aren't even good fortification position for defenders (AT guns, tank traps, barricades).

This roadmap... I bet the conflict is DICE trying to allocate enough resources for what they planned to do with ToW, while EA "legal and finance divisions" are like:

Oct 25, 2017
Most modes give the attackers an extra tank, which is supposed to balance the map. You play breakthrough: AA tanks make a short work of snipers/MGs, while Heavier tanks demolish fortifications.

The problem starts with a map like Devastation Breakthrough, where attackers are just fucked: no vehicles, no cover, no high ground. Defenders have the buildings, elevation, ammo, fortifications etc.

And then there are maps like Aerodrome, where attackers have 4 tanks, trenches and the entire cliff to attack from, there aren't even good fortification position for defenders (AT guns, tank traps, barricades).

This roadmap... I bet the conflict is DICE trying to allocate enough resources for what they planned to do with ToW, while EA "legal and finance divisions" are like:
I like Attrition, but I feel like Battlefield players are some of the suckiest bunch of players ever

In any other team game— OW, Siege, etc., I can consistently rely on teammates giving me what I need

BF, for being such a team based game and for all dice’s experienc, never gets this shit right. The commorose is still crap.

Medics do help, but they are fewer in between thanks to how crazy versatile Assault is. I just feel as if Medics and support are too infrequent and support never tosses ammo

Dying because i need to camp because i dont have any meds left really sucks. Begging teammates for health packs also sucks. I still think they should allow us to pick off items from teammates if they dont give u shit, or at least make crates tossed out last a longer time in the game world (maybe allow 2 at a time?)

Alternatively, buff the supply drop reinforcement so it has like 20 uses instead of like 1

And why does this series still have such awful team structure. Where is the communication between squad leaders or ways to organize strategies. MAG had this

Oct 27, 2017
I like Attrition, but I feel like Battlefield players are some of the suckiest bunch of players ever
I rarely run out of ammo, but it is because I play smaller modes and support... I like attrition as a concept and mechanic, but I don't see it working in BFV:

• The brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt spam class is not affected by the ammo at all.
• Sniper class is also not really affected: low RoF, and you can always walk to the ammo cache in the complete safety.

Attrition punishes players who dive-into the action: limiting their ammo capacity and heath-regen. Same for the tanks: the campy shitters who stay behind are rewarded with better ammo and repair options than the tanks who dive into the objectives.

Don't know how to fix it, kind of DICE screwed up by pushing the half-baked game, while at the same time applying massive changes to attrition between Open-Beta and Release.