• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck my limited time, there's no way I'll be able to finish ToW Chapter 2. Division 2 used up all my free time. I really wanted those cosmetics, but at ToW Level 33 there's just no way.

Not a huge loss considering Division 2 is excellent.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Fuck my limited time, there's no way I'll be able to finish ToW Chapter 2. Division 2 used up all my free time. I really wanted those cosmetics, but at ToW Level 33 there's just no way.

You have no regrets about it which is good. In hindsight though, I think 30-60 minutes a day would be plenty of time to hit level 40. I usually hop on for one match of Breakout each day to get all the daily assignments done and work towards the weekly ToW, and that seems enough to get all the ToW rewards.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
- TDM
- Twisted Steel
- ZH-29

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017

I still might get to level 38... but that Tides of War assignment that didn't count is a pain in the ass. Then I played a long long game of Rush where I had the top score in the game and it crashed to desktop on the final objective. I'm guessing the game gobbled up some other earned XP that I just didn't notice as well, as I usually don't pay close attention to the level meter filling up, but now that I don't have any remaining weekly challenges it's obvious the game is fucking me. Time wasting sunk cost fallacy strikes again.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Also means people can't shoot the shit out of it as it's dropping and by the time you get into your air dropped tank it's already at half health.

Though I guess they could make it invincible until it hits the ground.

Oct 27, 2017
At launch, dropping a supply canister on the slope could trigger the rolling deathball. Supply boxes used to sink into the ground...

A trifecta of historical, design and technical limitations was most definitely a factor implementing vehicle call-ins. The off-map call-ins aren't a bad thing, it is just that the UI people at DICE are unskilled.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. They probably want to avoid that you drop one and suddenly a random blueberry takes it right away. Both have their pro's and cons.
I guess. I would take having the best of both world with a drop like that while still having that window of exclusive access thought.
I said this on Reddit but I'll say it here as well.

That compass better be added to normal MP ASAP.
Been asking for this since the beta....

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Recoil isn't going to do anything. It's the 3x scope that's the issue. CQC you can spec for hipfire and then you just destroy everything else at mid and long range because of the 3x scope.
The 3x scope usage is a symptom rather than the real problem. We've had 3x type scopes available on most guns in this series for a while now and this is the first game where everyone uses 3x scopes.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Make it so you have to use the binoculars to put it where you want. Then all they would have to do is make it so only your squad can take it when it first drops for X amount of seconds. However, enemies can still take it, so you have to be careful where you drop it. There is risk and reward.

That would be a lot better than the current system.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
If enemy players see a big tank floating from the sky, they would have it swarmed even before it landed.

DICE could tie in automatic redeploy to selection of vehicle call-ins, but I don't know whether they could also remove the spawn ticket cost for that.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If enemy players see a big tank floating from the sky, they would have it swarmed even before it landed.

DICE could tie in automatic redeploy to selection of vehicle call-ins, but I don't know whether they could also remove the spawn ticket cost for that.

That's why it's risk and reward. If you want to try to call it in during a huge fight to swing it in your favor, that's the risk you take for a huge pay off. If you don't want to take that risk, you drop it somewhere safe.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like the download for Firestorm is already up. I went to play Apex and I got hit with a 10 GB patch for BF V.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Youtube is full of impressions uploading this very minute. Someone not at work please post them! (jackfrags, flakfire, gamespot, ign, etc)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Watched a bunch of videos. It looks fun, something I'll give a chance. Pretty much just sandbox BF. Would I rather have a traditional map and update? Sure, but this looks like it could be fun. Jackfrags brings up a good point though. Are they going to regularly update this or just leave it? If they just leave it with minimum updates, it's probably going to die. If they update it regularly, it could have a decent player base.

I'm not really hyped for it, but it looks like it could be some fun.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ju52 is in the game now. I wonder if that will replace the German C47 in the update right away.

JBucc

Oct 25, 2017
Watching these Firestorm videos really shows how much more varied and skillful BFV's infantry gameplay could be if there were stricter limits on scopes and if the weapon specialization system was more about tradeoffs. Seeing fights with people using iron sights mostly and having to pay attention to position and flank more instead of everyone having a 3x on every gun is really nice. I'm really eager to play this now.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully they sponsored some big steamers like Ninja or Shroud (he does like the game) to play it come Monday to give it some more exposure.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Firestorm looks impressive imo.
This is excactly what the game needs right now, i'm very hyped to be honest.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The lighting when inside a building looking outside (and outside looking in) seems way better in Firestorm than regular multiplayer. Please DICE, steal whatever changes Criterion made for Firestorm.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Hm looks interesting. I wonder what the tick rate will be. It'll be godlike if it's 60, coupled with BFV's gunplay.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The lighting when inside a building looking outside (and outside looking in) seems way better in Firestorm than regular multiplayer. Please DICE, steal whatever changes Criterion made for Firestorm.

Art and lighting direction is set per level. We've made some improvements, but perhaps those are not enough.

Interesting.

Why?

Is this due to technical limitations?

Console CPUs cannot handle 60 updates a second being propagated to 64 players. Or well, they can, but not when we're targeting 60 fps. Maybe next gen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.