• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Evening folks!

As previously shared by us all on the Community Team for Battlefield V, today we're sharing whats next for Battlefield V.

(We have an article going live soon on the Battlefield Website - I'll come back and update the thread with the link as soon as it's up)

Here's the headlines:

Chapter 3

• New Map - Mercury (based on Operation Mercury)
  • New Mode - Outpost (we're waiting on some more content to go live that talks about this in more detail. Will come back and update this thread when it's live!)
  • Updates to Combined Arms, bringing new matchmaking, hardcore mode, and two missions on Fjell
  • Introduction of Duos to Firestorm
Chapter 4

• Introducing new CQC Content - a new 5v5 mode, in specially designed arenas
  • Two New Maps - one called Marita, adding to the conflict in Greece, and the second being a closely guarded secret that we know our Battlefield Veterans will enjoy!
  • We'll have a lot more to say about Chapter 4 at EA Play this Summer
Chapter 5

• A completely new Theater of War
https://i.imgur.com/DjxJ7tD.jpg

We'll have more to share in the months ahead, here on Reddit - on the Battlefield Forums, and on Battlefields Social channels. As you'd expect, Tides of War will continue to bring plenty of new content, including vehicles, weapons , gameplay experiences and customization options that we haven't spoke about here. More to follow.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It looks like that website was credible. Three new maps between now and fall. Plus a new faction/theatre coming in fall. I'm good with that

Awaken the Giant is either going to be the Soviets or America. It'll probably be the Soviets since they are going chronologically.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the map Battlefield veterans will enjoy is Pacific theater. Give me Iwo Jima.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Awaken the Giant is probably US. As sleeping giant by the Japanese about US.

True, but the Soviets make more sense chronologically and they said BF V was supposed to take a journey from the start of the war to the end. Plus it says all out invasion, which makes me think of Operation Barbarossa.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
3 maps until fall. How many in fall itself?

The teasing is so annoying, I hate how they trickle info. But im nonetheless excited and hopeful they can build their way back up. Lots of ppl on reddit seem unhappy with the wait tho

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Chapter 3 new map is May... god have mercy.

I guess the good news compared to the lowest expectation one could have is that there is 2 map in chapter 4.

New faction for Fall is pretty much what I ( sadly ) expected... but they give yet again no information about what that actually mean in term of content ( such a long wait for so little actual information ... ).

Meh.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
There will be a classic map in Chapter 4 isn't it?

I hope "Awakening the Giant" is about the USSR !

Jan 4, 2018
I was expecting a way more detailed roadmap. We don't even know which faction is coming in Chapter 5, come on, it's supposed to be a roadmap...

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
BlinkysaurusRex

90 points·28 minutes ago

All I have to say is, the new theatre will need to launch alongside a cluster of maps respective of the theme, at least three for it to truly feel like a new theatre.

level 2
PartWelsh

Community Manager
37 points·14 minutes ago

We hear you. There was similar feedback shared by Gamechangers when they were in Stockholm last week and we're not blind to the conversation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

From Reddit

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'd rather have America than the Soviets, but I'd be cool with either. I just find the Soviets more likely because they would only have to design one new faction.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
DICE please drop combined arms and stop adding new game modes every time. The BF history is full with gamemodes that came with DLC that never became popular or took off.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'd rather have America than the Soviets, but I'd be cool with either. I just find the Soviets more likely because they would only have to design one new faction.

Awakening the Giant: Prepare for Chapter 5

Get ready for a land, air, and sea invasion in a completely new theater of war. As Battlefield V keeps on evolving, you'll be awakening a giant when Chapter 5 hits in fall 2019. So, where will Chapter 5 take you? Where will you fight, who will you be, and what will we bring you from mankind's greatest conflict? Time will tell. Rest assured, we're committed to expanding your WW2 journey and Chapter 5 will truly broaden your horizons.

Its the Pacific Theatre.

I really, really wanted Barbarrosa, but I think the US will draw more sales.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Awakening the Giant: Prepare for Chapter 5

Get ready for a land, air, and sea invasion in a completely new theater of war. As Battlefield V keeps on evolving, you'll be awakening a giant when Chapter 5 hits in fall 2019. So, where will Chapter 5 take you? Where will you fight, who will you be, and what will we bring you from mankind's greatest conflict? Time will tell. Rest assured, we're committed to expanding your WW2 journey and Chapter 5 will truly broaden your horizons.

Its the Pacific Theatre.

I really, really wanted Barbarrosa, but I think the US will draw more sales.

Yeah, it's probably America/Japan. I don't think Barbarrosa had any sea invasions, maybe in the Crimea. America is more or less already in the game. Shermans in the single player plus a bunch of weapons and gear already. So, they would just really have to focus on Japan.

SecondNature Why does it need a new thread when this is already the OT? The OP could be updated with a threadmark as needed.

New news. The average person isn't coming into the OT and they definitely aren't going to be reading the OP.

Jan 4, 2018
I'm worried if we will ever see 1944-1945 battles (like Normandy, the Bulge, Berlin, Okinawa, etc) considering Greece (April-May 1941) is taking 2 chapters and chapter 5 in fall will probably take place on June 1941 or December 1941 (depending if it's US or USSR).

I hope Firestorm will bring back players to BFV, I absolutely want these 1944-1945 battles.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope Iwo Jima gets added too.

Iwo Jima wouldn't make sense chronologically since that's 1945.

Wake Island is probably 100%; given the history of it in the franchise and the time line. The only other thing I could think of in 1941 is the Philippines Campaign or they go in 1942 and do Guadalcanal. They also might do the Aleutian Islands Campaign since they want to explore the untold stories of WWII.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So am I reading it correctly? Three maps spread out over 6 months? The seems pretty....barebones?

This makes it all worth while though:
and two missions on Fjell

giphy.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
NEWS: #Battlefield V Chapter 3 Weekly Challenges

March 28 - April 4: Firestorm Face Paint.
April 4-11: M30 Drilling Skin. April 11-18: Fire Axe Melee Weapon.
April 18-25: Commando Carbine (Medic).
April 25 - May 2: Lahti-Saloranta M26 (Support).
May 2-9: Tromboncino M28 (Medic).

So Carbines coming to the medic class.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
One new map every other month isn't horrible, plus they said the new theatre is going to be at least three maps. So at a minimum we are looking at six new maps by the end of the year. Would I like more? Sure, but you have to remember we ain't paying for shit either.

Also, Medic getting something other than a SMG. Pogchamp.

Oct 27, 2017
This is bad.

The chapter rewards have no tanks/weapons, so they only have 3 weapons and a map for this chapter? Let alone the map isn't even out for 6-7 weeks...

Two things could have saved BF from the pit it is in:
• F2P Firestorm
• Beefy roadmap

If Chapter 5 is 3 maps, the entire year of BFV will match the first expansion of BF1... Pretty much what everyone was afraid of when EA says the content is free + we have ugly soldiers and poor cosmetics, with no hair or meaningful diversity in customization.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
im guessing their internal metrics must show that people somehow like the combined armed modes if they are assigning more developer resources to it

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I already regretted buying this at launch for full price, but thought new maps would redeem my purchase. Coupled with the general quality of the game in regards to bugs and other issues, I now completely regret buying this game. First time for me with a DICE title, what a shame.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game launched year too early, and as a PC gamer it's a horrible experience, it's hacker friendly and the community has to police the game....sheeeeeesh

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
True, but the Soviets make more sense chronologically and they said BF V was supposed to take a journey from the start of the war to the end. Plus it says all out invasion, which makes me think of Operation Barbarossa.

Nope, as the other person mentioned Pearl Harbor "Awakened the sleeping giant". There's no way they would use those words without meaning this. it's Pacific, or at least it's the battle of Pearl Harbor. Either way, I'm excited!

Also, I am strangely keen for some customisation options, particularly more skins for vehicles. I actually would rather they threw boins in and ramped up the customisation...maybe we'd get another few chapters out of it then.

Last edited:

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I questioned this in the other thread, but I'm curious what the classic map will be. I can't easily think of one that matches the "Urban Combat" descriptor. It wouldn't be Wake Island for that reason, and since the map is releasing before the new (likely Pacific) chapter.

If we do eventually get Wake Island, the historical battle is almost perfectly tailored for a Grand Operation.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Iwo Jima wouldn't make sense chronologically since that's 1945.

Wake Island is probably 100%; given the history of it in the franchise and the time line. The only other thing I could think of in 1941 is the Philippines Campaign or they go in 1942 and do Guadalcanal. They also might do the Aleutian Islands Campaign since they want to explore the untold stories of WWII.
Oh, I was just throwing out my wish once or if we get to the Pacific Theatre, but I would also love some Guadalcanal now that you mention it.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be Wake Island.

I thought not making Metro 1914 was a missed opportunity. And in a game where dev time seems to be a huge premium, I wouldn't mind if they reskinned or ported a few maps just to beef up their line-up. Hell, it'd be great to ask to the community to pick them.

Edit: Imagine revisting Zavod during its heyday

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm just so happy for the Pacific. It hardly gets touched. It's always D-Day or Stalingrad. The last decent Pacific WW2 game was Rising Storm back in 2013. Just thinking about how good the jungles will be in Frostbite.

0155734.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.