• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really starting to enjoy Firestorm. The looting is bad but other than that, I quite like it. I'm a bit worried that it will basically never get a substantial update, but for now, I'm having fun.

I enjoy it for what it is. The rewards are insanely lackluster but the actual experience is pretty great. I do wish the locations were a little more memorable though, it's a pretty generic setting even if it is beautiful.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really starting to enjoy Firestorm. The looting is bad but other than that, I quite like it. I'm a bit worried that it will basically never get a substantial update, but for now, I'm having fun.
Same. It gets to the "one more game" category, which is a sign i'm having a good time.
As a mode Firestorm is a great addition to BFV.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
God, these helicopters are so much fun. Wish they can somehow make their way into the other large modes, but I imagine that's not as easy as it sounds.

Same. It gets to the "one more game" category, which is a sign i'm having a good time.
As a mode Firestorm is a great addition to BFV.

Agreed. Now I sincerely hope it gets the attention it deserves, both from players and the devs.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the "i fucking hate that mode" camp and the "i hate even more the fact that i was forced to play it to even start this week's ToW" as well.

It might be a cool thing for the people who like this type of gameplay but frankly, to me it just has absolutely NOTHING to do in a Battlefield game. Would it had been a stand alone thing, no issue. But tied in a game i otherwise love ? No thank you.

In the end, the only positive i see in Firestorm is that Conquest is no longer my least favorite mode of BFV (and by a huuuuuuuuuge margin). Yay i guess ?

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving Firestorm.

Just had an amazing match. My team had two tanks. A team was doing guerilla tactics, shooting panzerfaust and other small arms and moving. We returned fire and they retreat over a hill.

We meet them again at a house, they blow up my tank and hurt our team badly, we killed them in the storm as we ran away.

We get another, then as the silo opens, another team surrounds the top of the silo and is punishing the shit out of us. We retreat into the silo, gear up, then drive the tank out. My teammate goes down after we miss with the main tank gun, but we finish the rest off.

We abandon the tanks and run to a pond with an outcropping of rocks, we start taking fire while the circle closes, forcing us into an uphill engagement, then we get two artillery strikes dropped on us. I get shot, my teammate picks me up, then they get down, I pick them up then artillery blows us both up, killing him and downing me. My last remaining teammate picks me up and we retreat while the other teams fight with a v-1 over our heads.

We end up killing a squad and having to face off with a grueling uphill 2v2 deathmatch. I ran out of rifle ammo and had to end until game with a bolt action up close as my teammate downed someone.

This is one of my favorite games now.

We had 5 people spectating. My dead mates couldn't believe we pulled off such impossible odds.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
I think they need to make Firestorm FTP immediately. I can't imagine anyone is shelling out $30 for Firestorm alone, but if people who aren't into the BF franchise have a taste for free and enjoy the gunplay, they may be willing to pay to play the rest of the game.

It's a travesty that after 6 months we're going to have the same amount of maps (or less) than most base BF have shipped with. Like everyone said, they're losing their core audience, myself included. Game has it's issues, but those could be lived with if we weren't playing on the same 9 maps that were basically available from the start.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly a lot of people downplay Firestorms option for solo and squad. Apex Legends doesn't have this option right? And in a few weeks there is duo coming out so Firestorm will have 3 variants to choose. Not too bad imo.

I'd like to see a tank only Firestorm mode, that would be unique. Also i second those who are saying this mode has to go free to play asap, there is no way around it in the end.

Last edited:

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Is it likely to be that easy to make just Firestorm free?

I'm guessing the plan is to get it on EA Access ASAP anyway, that might be stopping it. There would be a backlash as well, I doubt many people bought the game for Firestorm, but some will have and some more will claim they did. There's no real world money in the game yet either, so free is a bit pointless for EA.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I really like Firestorm, and I think people are being a bit prematurely harsh on it honestly.

Well, i'm harsh on the wole concept of Battle Royale. Not specifically Firestorm. Firestorm seems fine compared to the rest (apart from the corpse looting problem).

It's just that it's my first experience with this type of game mode and i found out after a few hours playing it that i really, REALLY, hate that. It goes against everything i find fun in a multiplayer fps experience. Thus, i'm baffled as to how this game concept could get any popularity. :p

To be fair, i dislike most gamemodes where you don't respawn after getting killed. Stuff like Counterstrike frustrate the hell of me. Even if the rounds are much quicker than anything BR. So obviously, Firestorm is definitely not for me.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
PLAY THE FIRESTORM AND GET YOUR BLACKFACE.

The datamining on reddit looks promising, the Chapter about resistance (French weapons and cosmetics) is good. However, MAY 30TH for the new map.

May 30th... 6 months. It took less than that to deliver 4-6 map expansions for BF1...

MAY 30TH

HOW?
they misunderstood making a GaaS as breaking down a game and releasing it incomplete and then releasing the rest of the game in small portions sparsely spread... so that it feels like they are doing a great job at maintaining the game.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Let me preface by saying that I have some fun in Firestorm ( even more now that I got the opportunity to play with SpoonSpatula, finaly giving me and my friend an out of that shitty matchmaking when 2 players try to play squad and never find squadmates ) and that I'm not a big Apex player ( probably less than 10 hours in it ) but I can really only say that while I still love battlefield gunplay far more than Apex's; almost everything in the game makes Firestorm a frustrating experience in comparison.

- ping system is shit, which wouldn't be too much of a problem if duo and trio was a thing at all time, since voice chat can somewhat compensate, but that's not the case.
- lack of revives + no shield when downed mean that getting downed almost always mean the game is finished for you, if you play with random ? just leave and play a new round, no problem. If you play with a premade and died at the start of the game ? spend the next 5 to 20 minutes watching your friends play, so much fun.
- more ammo on the map, please
-
I love shotgun in conquest, but god are they bad in firestorm, making a 6th of the game loot worthless; rebalance that like yesterday please
- as I said, some of the loot is worthless, you lack ammo, and to add to the pain, you might be unable to get a weapon or ammo on an ennemy you killed because of the shitty loot system where multiple item are stacked on each other

All of this can, and might, be patched, but how long will it take ? it's supposed to occupy me for the next 2 months given their current roadmap, yet it's in no state to do that.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
I can second all of the Division 2 recommendations.

That game should be the benchmark against which all other GaaS schemes are held against. Insane amount of content and loot in a technically gorgeous and extremely enjoyable shooter. My friends and I are having a blast playing it together and it's excellent solo as well.

Yep, I've been loving the Div2. My group has ditched BFV for it. We have a little bit of Firestorm...but we just want some Conquest maps. I've said it before, just port over some old maps at least for now.

Oct 27, 2017
Play in the random squad, I died when 13 players were remaining, but 2 of the squadmates managed to win.

I won a Battle Royale game, my ugly ass soldier was on the winners' screen! Now where do I sing up for TSM or Cloud 9 Battlefield esports team?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well, considering they take at least a minimum of two weeks to push out a patch. Good luck with that.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The PPK? Cool, I love that pistol. Has someone else said, I'd love to have more on the easter front and resistances...

I don't know how people can not find weapons. Stop jumping into the wildnerness or something. Jump into areas with houses. I see in Firestorm people making the exact mistake they make in PUBG; jumping right at the start into dense residential areas. You can fly pretty far if you aim properly. Move across the map to a group of houses nobody is going for.

I'm enjoying Firestorm, but the Australian servers are broken. Not sure why this keeps happening with Battlefield in Australia. Battlefield 1 was out for, no exaggeration, months. Firestorm was fine at launch but now it's continuous ping and latency issues.

Biggest balance issue I have is armour. 3xArmour breaks encounters and is not fun at all. Heatshots seem to bypass but it's still more frustrating than fun. The entire armour system needs to be scrapped. Just copy PUBG, with hitbox based armour pieces.

I agree with this. Firestorm needs to be F2P or standalone, full stop. As it is, it's a (in my opinion) fun game mode gatekept behind a main game that is not associated with battle royale. To play Firestorm you have to buy Battlefield V, which some people don't want to do. And to play Firestorm we have to assume people don't want to play Conquest or whatever, which they probably do because they bought a Battlefield game.

It'll be dead in a month or two.

I do that, and find good loot. However the best results I've gotten are from hiding until the circle has shrinked enough. I have no more incentive to move much if I'm already on the zone.

But the biggest problem is the latency issues that they are supposed to fix these days. We'll see If it gets fixed, and if it is fixed, then I'll know if it's me the problem lol

Anyway,

It would be cool if AA guns stop sucking ass. I can do 137 Damage Points to a plane and still doesn't get taken down. At least tone down the overheat so we can shoot longer

Oct 27, 2017
How it feels to target with the Tiger:
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
how do you get the artellery strike in bf?
and how can you defend against it?

You use 20k of your squad points. You defend by running away from the red-flare area. To counter it, one of the ally squads has to deploy a counter-strike to prevent the enemies from taking the sector.

The Breakthrough/Airborne is not in a good spot. The call-ins are way more powerful compared to Conquest.

mcgrem

Dec 13, 2017
Got a few rounds of Firestorm under my belt. I'd say there is some potential there, but they need to do something about the finicky looting. Things are just clipping into each other and it is quite difficult to single out the stuff you need. This mode could really learn a few lessons from Apex Legends. Just add something similar to death boxes and improve the ping mechanic. The map is cool and I love the vehicles, so there's that. Also make this mode f2p to lure more people in, some may like to try the regular game after firestorm. I don't see anyone buying this game just for the br mode.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
This game have the slowest and worst piece of trash UI i've ever seen.

Also the screen freeze bug on the pro got me killed twice

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
You use 20k of your squad points. You defend by running away from the red-flare area. To counter it, one of the ally squads has to deploy a counter-strike to prevent the enemies from taking the sector.

The Breakthrough/Airborne is not in a good spot. The call-ins are way more powerful compared to Conquest.
i ment in firestorm :D forgot to add that

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That doesn't do anything. It's still a mess. Also if they die on an incline the loot just rolls everywhere.

Oct 27, 2017
12198257.jpg

Why is rarity the ONLY icon for the loot without inspecting it, and it uses both the stripes and color to signify the same thing?

In addition to the pile mess, you still have to gawk at every time to see what it is.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I like firestorm but its just as half assed as the whole game. Some pretty dumb design decisions like the loot/inv system and the whole ui is just garbage. Hire some new UI designer for your next project DICE i beg you.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
You know these things take time to work out completely, right? You really expect for them to scrap everything in the midst of development because Apex did something before their game came out..?
At some point during the internal Q&A someone had to say this was a bad idea? did the Q&A team consist of people who never played a BR game before? the development process has to be questioned....

Oct 27, 2017
You know these things take time to work out completely, right? You really expect for them to scrap everything in the midst of development because Apex did something before their game came out..?

No, we don't expect them to scrap everything. We expect them to acknowledge the problems with the current system, and unless they have a solution, just copy the existing implementation in another game. And these things should have not taken the launch version to see that the pile of loot is not a good idea. BFV and FS UI/looting are just poor, I don't know what those people do at DICE/Criterion, but they are not good at delivering design solution.

However, I think that Firestorm is the final nail. With 10 weeks to Mercury, the game will simply run out of players. Perhaps DICE should unload the hoarded microtransaction cosmetics into the progression.

Have you guys tried to paradrop from the planes during CQ/Operations? It goes through this bomb hatch animation (doesn't even open) and before your camera sees the height you are dropping from, you are usually hitting the ground without deploying the parachute in time...

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Well thats a short term fix I suppose, I think they just did that to help spread things out until they get a real fix in there.

I hope...

Anyway just won 3 squad Firestorms in a row. Loving the mode but these rewards are trash, aka 100cc for a win lol.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just had an amazing (for me) round of Firestorm.

Squads, all 3 of my squadmates are dead by the middle of the round. I almost left but figured, what the hell if I die I die.

Played it very cautious, staying basically at the edge of the circle as it came in. Let the rest of the still full squads fight it out until there were only a few people left, picked them off from the edges. Ended up just me and 1 other guy in a Staghound. He took my health down quiet a bit and I thought I was done for, got a Panzerfaust into him and he jumped out (my guess is he ran out of ammo, no other reason to get out) and I managed to finish him off for the win.

A nice contrast the round before where about 45 seconds after landing and getting some basic loot I walked through a door into a guy prone in a corner with an MG42 and was Swiss-cheeseified.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
i really like firestorm

Im sad with the waiting time. I hope its just bad Match making and not indicative of the population

Free weekend, stand-alone, ps+ game. Please do something to keep it healthy.

Im guessing we wont see a proper season pass like other br games tho

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone have a hard time hitting at distance in firestorm? Feels like the bullet drop is higher and distance is way blurrier then every other map.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
lol you really can't see the amount of tickets you have in Breakthrough. This is the shit I'm talking about. That game has been out almost five months and stuff like this keeps happening. It's an embarrassment. Now we have to wait two weeks for them to fix it.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019

Spreading the loot out more is a partial fix. I can see why they'd like to keep it visual rather than looting packs. It is quicker and more intuitive in some ways, but it doesn't mesh well with clutter, poor icons and "one button does all" to pickup. It would honestly be a good mix if they could add a list if you get your inventory up while on top of a pile, and keep it as is with tweaks to spread and sorting for quick looting, or perhaps take ammo out of it. I don't really enjoy looting players in Apex either, especially late game once you're looking for very specific items, it'd be better to see a lvl 3 armor from a distance than having to open a purple box in proximity and scroll through a list of items you don't want to see. Jumping from box to box looking for healing and grenades isn't the best, just what people are used to dealing with.

Good to see that they are working on it and spreading the loot more was the most obvious quick fix.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The amount of players that cheat in this game is something else. Like they don't even try to hide it. There was this one player, I found suspicious. Going like 30-3 every match. 30-3 is quite doable, but not consistently. What caught my attention was I was prone somewhere you really can't see me, he runs by and doesn't even notice me. The second I shot him, he instantly spins around knows exactly where I am and hitting me with one shot (he's using a bolt-action rifle). So, I went and checked his stats. He's complete trash, I'm talking about like .5 k/d and 200 score per minute. However, he now has 1000% accuracy with his Kar98 lol. So you're telling me you somehow went from a .5 k/d to doing 30-3 consistently now? I reported him, but I don't have much faith in this game. I just do the bare minimum for the assignments and don't touch it for the rest of the week.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Really liking Firestorm but lmfao at how shit the squad system and matchmaking is. We're lucky to actually get in a squad and matchmake successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.