• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Duo is leaving again, back to never touching Firestorm.

I would really like not being so negative with the game, but it's like every couple weeks they give me new reasons to be.

Back to waiting for that elusive new map ( remember when we thought a March release of that map was too far away during the first road map ? ), likely released in the last couple days of the month, because of course they would.
They seem to have set out from the get go with the idea of as many modes as possible in the game as part of the GAAS idea, but the last couple of games strongly suggested that the players weren't that interested in that much variety and then the population of this game just isn't there to support them.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
5k ? You can make that in like 2 days of somewhat casual play... Well, guess i'll make 10k instead next week. :p

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I thought the whole point of getting rid of premium was to stop the player base from fragmenting. The fragmenting still happens because they have too many game modes. I would vastly prefer if they just kept it to four modes: conquest, rush, frontlines, and Firestorm.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It could easily be streamlined.

Firestorm
Only one of the following: Domination, TDM, or Squad Conquest. You just need one of these because they all fit that niche of smaller type game modes.
Conquest
Rush
Grand Operations. This is where you throw all the other modes into. Breakthrough, Frontlines, and Airborne.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Despite the atrocious content delivery restructure, maybe, just maybe, the Pacific and Soviet updates will come with a huge drop of new maps. I'd hope so.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A year plus after release though. I don't know if I'm going to have this game even install to even try them

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
A year plus after release though. I don't know if I'm going to have this game even install to even try them

Oh it's definitely not justified. The content rollout has been a failure as far as I'm concerned. But I do still enjoy the game enough, and on my end I tend to keep a Battlefield installed until the next one rolls along. I suppose I'm just hoping for any huge content drop before BFV is sent out to pasture. I really don't care about anything except maps.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Been trying to play with my RTX 2080; The game generally works fine except on some maps the game will lock up for a second+ when aiming. Gonna try turning off the ADS DOF effect but is there anything else I should adjust?

Quick edit: Turning off ADS DOF fixed *most* issues. Rotterdam still seems to lag a good deal.
EDIT2: Found out with the new driver release, DLSS is enabled as an option for ultrawide resolution. Works great with all settings maxed out!

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Despite the atrocious content delivery restructure, maybe, just maybe, the Pacific and Soviet updates will come with a huge drop of new maps. I'd hope so.
I hope for 4 maps each time, I expect 3, which mean we will get 2 with a release spreaded over 3-4 month.

Or some middle ground between all that, something like 2 maps at release and a road map showing 2 more maps of that theater coming in the next ~6-8 month of it's release. Each time at the end of the month just because.. I've also almost already made peace with the fact that the Fall release of japan/usa will likely be middle of december.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope for 4 maps each time, I expect 3, which mean we will get 2 with a release spreaded over 3-4 month.

Or some middle ground between all that, something like 2 maps at release and a road map showing 2 more maps of that theater coming in the next ~6-8 month of it's release. Each time at the end of the month just because.. I've also almost already made peace with the fact that the Fall release of japan/usa will likely be middle of december.
September or October was mention for the general release "date" for pacific front iirc? I have to look it up.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
September or October was mention for the general release "date" for pacific front iirc? I have to look it up.
Maybe something separate from the roadmap then. The second road map say Fall, I'm pretty sure.

But yeah, if I remove my pessimist sunglasses, with chapter 4 starting ( end of ) June, and probably lasting 4 months like chapter 3, it should be a end of september/early october release.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
On a Day like today, 1940, Germany begins the invasions of the Netherlands, Belgium and France.

I like how the rotation of Grand Ops follows it: Rotterdam, then Hannut, then France

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wouldn't expect more than 1 map each.

Battlefront 2's biggest update was the fan-requested "large scale" conquest-type game mode.

9-ish months after it was announced it released with 1 new map.

Next month it got a map from one of the other modes copy/pasted in (which they can't really do for a new theater of war)

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe something separate from the roadmap then. The second road map say Fall, I'm pretty sure.

But yeah, if I remove my pessimist sunglasses, with chapter 4 starting ( end of ) June, and probably lasting 4 months like chapter 3, it should be a end of september/early october release.
Nah I understand why you're being pessimistic. I think it was on reddit or a tweet or something.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
When they announced the roadmap, they linda of tintes that the pacífic would have at least three mapa. I imagine it's going to be one at a Time though

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Absolutely in love with the new gun. Lets me play real aggressive with recon like I couldn't before.

Absolutely hate Fejll on squad conquest. The layout makes meaningful flanking impossible, every engagement is the same. Boring as hell. Just gonna quit every time it comes up from now on.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Corroborates with my first hand experience and posting over the last few weeks.

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/battlefield-5-firestorm-australia-new-zealand-servers/
They don't seem to be thinking about the next game at all, they've got the youtubers speculating about BC3, but are going to struggle to sell anything at launch after this mess.

It's obvious in hindsight, but Firestorm should have been a separate F2P game that reused Battlefield assets.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Absolutely in love with the new gun. Lets me play real aggressive with recon like I couldn't before.

Absolutely hate Fejll on squad conquest. The layout makes meaningful flanking impossible, every engagement is the same. Boring as hell. Just gonna quit every time it comes up from now on.
Yeah, the combo of the P08 and the flares on the flag is really powerful, so many people still think they can hide on a flag and aren't ready to fight.

I didn't mind Fjell, but I didn't love it. Players quitting did seem like a problem. It's visually quite boring as well.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, the combo of the P08 and the flares on the flag is really powerful, so many people still think they can hide on a flag and aren't ready to fight.

I didn't mind Fjell, but I didn't love it. Players quitting did seem like a problem. It's visually quite boring as well.

I really like Fjell in conquest / breakthrough as a change of pace from the larger maps. I was excited to play it in squad conquest but it is disappointing.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Fjell without planes is a better Fjell IMO. If you ever get into a game with competent pilots Fjell becomes a real shitshow.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Fjell without planes is a better Fjell IMO. If you ever get into a game with competent pilots Fjell becomes a real shitshow.

Are bombers ever effective on this map? Even shitty fighter pilots should be able to take 'em down with little issue.

Soviet update is rumoured? Thank God. Not having Stalingrad or Kursk is a wasted opportunity.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody else have com wheel lag? For me it's an issue that was introduced a patch or two ago, and while not game breaking, has butchered the speed at which I can select coms. I've got such conditioned muscle memory from all my hours in Battlefield that I can normally snap out requests, recognition, and squad commends with a flick of the wrist. Now when I open the coms there's an ever so slight lag in being able to select commands. So let's say I want to thank a player. The normal method would be to hold Q and aim upwards and then to the right. If I do that now the top sub menu appears normal, but then flickers away and nothing is selectable. So to make it work I have to hold Q, wait a second, then select as normal.

It's one of those silly, simple but frustrating moment-to-moment play breaking factors.

Also, just to improve the end user experience, DICE really needs to get rid of the realistic player momentum push when jumping out of jets. Nobody wants to bail from the passenger seat of a bomber and find themselves hurtling across the map at the same speed. I know that it's realistic and part of the physics model, but it does not make for better gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So apparently there is a bug now where if you were in a vehicle (transport, tank, plane) and get out, once that vehicle is destroyed (even if you're since respawned) you just die.

So if you say take a transport vehicle to a point, get out and run to other points, play a bit and then that transport gets blown up 4 minutes later it'll kill you regardless of what you've done since exiting the vehicle.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So apparently there is a bug now where if you were in a vehicle (transport, tank, plane) and get out, once that vehicle is destroyed (even if you're since respawned) you just die.

So if you say take a transport vehicle to a point, get out and run to other points, play a bit and then that transport gets blown up 4 minutes later it'll kill you regardless of what you've done since exiting the vehicle.

Please clip this because that sounds fucking hilarious

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Is auto-aim disabled on consoles in Firestorm? In the hangar/lobby, I can always feel auto aim but then it feels like it disappears in the actual game.

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, being in a vehicle seems like it just puts a huge target on you. Infantry is FAR too strong against tanks.

More like tanks are just stillborns when it comes to BFV design. The top gunner should be the one protecting tanks from the flanks, but it is a free kill, so the only tank support you get is a front-facing MG. Tanks jitter and shake making it difficult to attack on the move... When it comes to rotating the tank against flanks, you are just in the steel coffin. No communication within the tank.

I have had amazing scores with Valentine tank in Panzerstorm, and Sturmtiger in maps like Aerodrome or Rotterdam. However, most of the times it all depends on whether I can position my tank front-facing to avoid any side/rear attacks.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm beginning to wonder if the youtubers all talking about this is a sign that EA are away to make Firestorm free. Doesn't seem likely that it survives until it turns up on EA Access at this rate.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
More like tanks are just stillborns when it comes to BFV design. The top gunner should be the one protecting tanks from the flanks, but it is a free kill, so the only tank support you get is a front-facing MG. Tanks jitter and shake making it difficult to attack on the move... When it comes to rotating the tank against flanks, you are just in the steel coffin. No communication within the tank.

I have had amazing scores with Valentine tank in Panzerstorm, and Sturmtiger in maps like Aerodrome or Rotterdam. However, most of the times it all depends on whether I can position my tank front-facing to avoid any side/rear attacks.

I have actually become very good with the Tanks, specially the Panzer IV and the Valentine, since they are the middleground tank that are only countered by a heavy like the Tiger. Sturmtiger or the Churchill. I always love jumping into them, makes me go "I am Iron Man" and stuff.

But yeah, the second you get ahead of your team, or your team doesn't push with you, you're dead. You really depend on infantry support

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
You know what I'm starting to hate in gaming? Developers tweaking and changing how weapons work after a game has released! Spent more than 300 hours on a game just for them to change the recoil pattern of the weapons months after release! That's total bs! Now I have to relearn all the patterns again if I want to hold down the trigger and not burst fire. Why am I being punished for not wanting to burst fire in long range situation. It's like after the first couple of shots, my guns starts bouncing like crazy! I preferred it having that Bounce from the get go so I could control it the further I held on to the trigger.

Imagine if zipper went back and tweaked the m16 in socom 2 a couple of months after release or slant 6 decided to reduce the recoil on the Ak47 because ppl where complaining it was too hard to control.

At this point I'm forced to use slower firing weapons (ribeye, ZK, lewy) to be any good at long ranges while not burst firing. Just wanted to vent, still enjoying the game.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I have actually become very good with the Tanks, specially the Panzer IV and the Valentine, since they are the middleground tank that are only countered by a heavy like the Tiger. Sturmtiger or the Churchill. I always love jumping into them, makes me go "I am Iron Man" and stuff.

But yeah, the second you get ahead of your team, or your team doesn't push with you, you're dead. You really depend on infantry support
I have moved to using light tanks that I can get in and out of firefights quickly.

Things like the Tiger just become a deathtrap because the tank moves slower than someone can run. So a couple guys with dynamite.. and you are toast.

My preference is to be a bomber pilot as I can thread a needle with a bomb run... but if I'm on the ground I want to be behind the wheel.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
So I just realized I've got about 7 hours left from my BF5 Trial on Origin...and I'm actually liking it a lot more this time around. The only thing is that one certain maps (like the snow town one) man my FPS dips from 60 to 40ish sometimes with my GTX970. Before going low settings, any recommendations on what should I turn down to maintain high fps throughout a match?

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I have moved to using light tanks that I can get in and out of firefights quickly.

Things like the Tiger just become a deathtrap because the tank moves slower than someone can run. So a couple guys with dynamite.. and you are toast.

My preference is to be a bomber pilot as I can thread a needle with a bomb run... but if I'm on the ground I want to be behind the wheel.

Tiger I just HAS to have the Infantry Mines to avoid dynamites. My biggest problem are ambushes when you have no support. The slow turn of the guns (and narrow angles) makes it hard to take on several targets who are firing PIATS or Panzerfausts.

I try to get better with the bombers but it takes time for me. I'm much better with a Tank, specially the Panzer IV with the flares.

Wish they had more health though

Oct 27, 2017
Tiger I just HAS to have the Infantry Mines to avoid dynamites. My biggest problem are ambushes when you have no support. The slow turn of the guns (and narrow angles) makes it hard to take on several targets who are firing PIATS or Panzerfausts.

I try to get better with the bombers but it takes time for me. I'm much better with a Tank, specially the Panzer IV with the flares.

Wish they had more health though

You basically have to be in the middle of the friendly swarm as a tank driver. If you go too far forward - dead from focus fire. If you get behind - dead from the flanks. Or you have to play from the super-far back, Arty-truck style sniping.

Tanks were fun in BF1... You could spearhead, you could attack from the side position, you could drive around the building for the flank, you could split and capture further points etc...

Jan 4, 2018
Players saw this coming from a mile away and it still turned out this way.

giphy.gif

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
So I just realized I've got about 7 hours left from my BF5 Trial on Origin...and I'm actually liking it a lot more this time around. The only thing is that one certain maps (like the snow town one) man my FPS dips from 60 to 40ish sometimes with my GTX970. Before going low settings, any recommendations on what should I turn down to maintain high fps throughout a match?
What CPU do you have? My 3570k (4 cores) would buckle when playing 64 player conquest, with some maps being worse than others. How does your GPU-usage look in these maps?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What CPU do you have? My 3570k (4 cores) would buckle when playing 64 player conquest, with some maps being worse than others. How does your GPU-usage look in these maps?
oh I haven't check that out. I'm running with an old i5...I don't have the number on me right now.
I had a i5 3570k and OC it. I still had issues. I would just think it's a hardware limitation. In the end I upgraded my cpu.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Every time I start playing this game, I'm just getting pissed at the lack of auto balance, cheaters, bullshit crashes, empty servers, dumb assignments, textures blocking my shots and other bugs.

I love WW2, used to love DICE games but I'm just not having fun and I really really want to

Status
Not open for further replies.