Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Wish they went back to the surprise TTK update that everyone hated. It was so much better than now.

That was easily one of the worst things they have ever done and I’m not just talk about BF V, but the whole series. It was beyond idiotic. You just can’t take all the weapons and make a blanket balance pass over them. That’s not how balancing works. Their reasoning for it was even worse. Oh, new players are dying too fast.

Oct 27, 2017

That was easily one of the worst things they have ever done and I’m not just talk about BF V, but the whole series. It was beyond idiotic. You just can’t take all the weapons and make a blanket balance pass over them. That’s not how balancing works. Their reasoning for it was even worse. Oh, new players are dying too fast.
+1 bullet for lethal damage on every weapon. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
That was easily one of the worst things they have ever done and I’m not just talk about BF V, but the whole series. It was beyond idiotic.
Battlefield Vietnam, launch. Heavy Assault kit for US with rocket launchers and super-weapons (imagine BFV assault, but only one team had them), VC forces with RPDs and traps. It was indeed hairy as hell. That will forever take the cake!

• In the initial release, the US Heavy Assault had the M60 and LAW in the same kit. This proved extremely unbalanced and the 1.1 patch both altered the sniper-like accuracy of the M60 and swapped out the LAW for the M79.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That surprise, all encompassing TTK change is one of the dumbest updates in Battlefield history. I've got no problem if people prefer bullet spongy gameplay over what Battlefield V's core offers (which was a huge change from Battlefield 1's fluffier, arcadey gunplay), but you can't apply a damage resistance buff to the entire game and expect the weapon balance to hold up. And it didn't. It became immediately obvious how fucking broken the change made the game because for all intents and purposes DICE were not building Battlefield V, in level and weapon design and balance, around the bullet resistance values the update introduced.

It also highlighted either how miserably Battlefield V had sold and/or was retaining its player base, and how reactionary DICE/EA were at trying to salvage the situation.

I've got a lot of love for Battlefield V but that decision was insultingly awful, mangled the existing balance even more than it already was, and just highlighted to me how aimless the direction of this title is.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
The game would improve a lot if most guns took an extra bullet to kill but they'd need to tweak more than just the BTK to make sure it's actually balanced. The outrage that patch created all but killed the chance of them making another TTK change which stinks.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Is the damage drop-off in this game more than other? I have no strong feelings either way on TTK but I do think some of those SMGs would become bigger jokes than they already are at distance.

Its certainly worth revisiting as far as everyone being used to attrition now.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
The game would improve a lot if most guns took an extra bullet to kill but they'd need to tweak more than just the BTK to make sure it's actually balanced. The outrage that patch created all but killed the chance of them making another TTK change which stinks.
Yeah the misconception on both sides was that it would help scrubs. Hosing people is booring but with high damage weapons players aren't really punished for bad aim. Weapons in BFV are almost accurate enough to allow for skill-based gunplay where headshots matter, one more bullet would aid that, but the randomness of hip-fire and a few other things make that balance frustrating (even stronger snipers, weaker SMGs, and a few assault rifles would stay at the top as is).

A pro mod would be bliss but that's outside the realm of possibility.

Tokyo_Funk

Dec 10, 2018
elenarie

Is DICE going to do anything about the hackers in this game? 2 blatant hackers aimbotting, 2-boxxing, wallhacking with no regards, then openly gloating about it saying "DICE and EA will do nothing" while following me and my friend to different servers when I called them out. I regret buying the special edition and I regret buying skins to support DICE. All this talk about better cheat control from BF1 to BFV and it is as bad as it has always been.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
elenarie

Is DICE going to do anything about the hackers in this game? 2 blatant hackers aimbotting, 2-boxxing, wallhacking with no regards, then openly gloating about it saying "DICE and EA will do nothing" while following me and my friend to different servers when I called them out. I regret buying the special edition and I regret buying skins to support DICE. All this talk about better cheat control from BF1 to BFV and it is as bad as it has always been.

I reported that guy : https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Lord_Vile92/gamereports like two weeks ago, when you google his name you instantly find 2 youtube video showing he is a cheater dating from freaking early/mid April.

That link shows that he still play the game/isn't banned ( yet if ever ).

At this point it's pretty amazing that there isn't multiple cheater in every server we join given their freedom of action.

Tokyo_Funk

Dec 10, 2018
I reported that guy : https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Lord_Vile92/gamereports like two weeks ago, when you google his name you instantly find 2 youtube video showing he is a cheater dating from freaking early/mid April.

That link shows that he still play the game/isn't banned ( yet if ever ).

At this point it's pretty amazing that there isn't multiple cheater in every server we join given their freedom of action.
Well that is very telling. I am glad I am not the only one who has seen him hacking. Seriously, since April? How can this keep going on?

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
I just stopped reporting them. I don't have Origin overlay enabled because it fucks with the game and reporting them is a hassle without it. Plus everyone that I have reported is still playing. So, whatever idc anymore.

OP
OP
iRAWRasaurus

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pacific Theater - Fall 2019

New Maps
  • Al Sundan - June 27th
  • Marita - July
  • Lofoten Island - TBD
  • Provance - TBD
  • Operation Underground - October
Chapter 4 includes new infantry maps coming in August August

Core gameplay updates coming

• Private Games - September
  • Max rank increased to 500 from 50 - August
  • New rank icons and dog tags

Chapter 5

Pacific theater

• New Pacific Maps
  • American and Japanese Factions added to the game
  • Iwo Jima confirmed
  • 3 maps total confirmed
  • M1 Garand finally arriving
  • New vehicles coming

Battlefield V added to EA and Origin Access
Thread

Oct 27, 2017
The E3 presentation was meh. Perhaps MS is going to have an actual Chapter 5 trailer, because so far, everything was already previously announced and detailed, so it was the kind of re-announcement.

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Adding playable ships just seem like a massive undertaking. They are huge with a lot of modeling, both the outside and inside. However, the big problem is the play base. How are they going to use them? You could have some troll that just rams everything and beaches them. They seem like that type of element that could easily win matches and you don’t want some moron in control of it. I’d love them, but I don’t trust the community.

I see them going the route of a non-playable carrier (BF 3/4) and maybe like one playable destroyer. I don’t see them doing the playable carrier, battleship, destroyer, and submarine from BF 1942.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So I've played since 42 and played the alpha and beta, but didn't buy the game.

My first five rounds on EA access were all lost by at least 300 tickets. Is there no goddamn team scramble at the end of rounds? What a miserable experience. I doubt I'll keep playing.

Oct 27, 2017
Adding playable ships just seem like a massive undertaking. They are huge with a lot of modeling, both the outside and inside. However, the big problem is the play base. How are they going to use them? You could have some troll that just rams everything and beaches them. They seem like that type of element that could easily win matches and you don’t want some moron in control of it. I’d love them, but I don’t trust the community.

I see them going the route of a non-playable carrier (BF 3/4) and maybe like one playable destroyer. I don’t see them doing the playable carrier, battleship, destroyer, and submarine from BF 1942.
At best, the interior of the battleships will be a partial cockpit. If you ever looked around in the front MG position of the halftrack, it is just a box.

Same, I think we will have small gunboats (think sea halftracks) and medium size attack ships (medium tanks). There will be carriers as spawn points, but nobody will be able to move them. Perhaps a call-in heavy ship which can siege an island, so if you call one, you better not blow your 20k squad points into a suicide.

And I am happy with this, as long as the maps aren't as crap as the ones in BF1.

OP
OP
iRAWRasaurus

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just turned on BFV and got survivalist skins for sturmgewehr 1-5, MP40, KE7 and Enfield. Anyone know why?

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
elenarie

I have a question if you don’t mind answering.

Who are the people that go out and take photos of the locations for the maps? Are they actual map designers or is their job just specifically research? I just think it’s a cool job to go to all these different locations, like Iwo Jima, and gather information about it. You can tell a lot of work goes into these maps.

elenarie

Developer at DICE
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
elenarie

I have a question if you don’t mind answering.

Who are the people that go out and take photos of the locations for the maps? Are they actual map designers or is their job just specifically research? I just think it’s a cool job to go to all these different locations, like Iwo Jima, and gather information about it. You can tell a lot of work goes into these maps.
Usually it is artists that go on location. To gather reference data. Along with the art director on the project.

That way they know best what scans are needed, what assets we need to build, and so on.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do we know who is still working on what at this stage? Criterion got pulled from Firestorm, so we don't know who is handling that anymore. Mercury and Marita are both DICE LA, and I don't think they've mentioned who is developing any of the maps past that point. I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if DICE Sweden have moved onto Bad Company 3, and that's way further along than I thought.

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Dec 10, 2018
All my friends were waiting for me to tell them BFV is good again, after a week of hackers and the devs not giving a shit about reports, I have told them it is not worth it. The money they were going to spend on BFV has now gone to Hell Let Loose. 12 lost players there. I put up a 20 minute video of blatant hackers on several discord game channels of and no one wants it there now either.
All this new content they're supposedly releasing and all I see is "New places for you to be aimbotted on".

I have defended DICE and BFV since day one, never again.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Marita just has the one way around the mountain? That seems... chokey. But the map looks fun, even though I've never agreed with areas that has a lot of houses close togehter in BFV. Like the C point of Narvik is just disgusting with people running around endlessly in tiny houses. On the other hand, it works much better in Arras that has better cover in general and not that many houses within cap zones. So here's hoping.

Al Sundan looks fantastic, can't wait!

Now if only there was a way to cut maps out of the rotation and I could skip Narvik and Aerodrome (and possibly Devastation) altogether...

gl0w

Mar 23, 2018
User Warned: Lazy dev rhetoric
elenarie

They will do nothing friend.
Lazy devs is what they are. Shouldn’t deserve any more money from sales. A 2019 multiplayer FPS game without a anti cheat? I laugh at them

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
They will do nothing friend.
Lazy devs is what they are. Shouldn’t deserve any more money from sales. A 2019 multiplayer FPS game without a anti cheat? I laugh at them
Well, you are wrong. I've said it before but the amount of false reports of cheaters in BF is staggering. Going by this thread, the in-game chat, and cheat allegations aimed at me personally I'd say DICE has their work cut out for them if they're investigating every report some hill-hugger files.

gl0w

Mar 23, 2018
Well, you are wrong. I've said it before but the amount of false reports of cheaters in BF is staggering. Going by this thread, the in-game chat, and cheat allegations aimed at me personally I'd say DICE has their work cut out for them if they're investigating every report some hill-hugger files.
No, they should have a automatic anti cheat system like may others have. like them had in BF1 for example. (I think)

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
elenarie

Had to of course take a closer look at the cited screenshot above. Seems to be a couple above average blokes with decent aim? At a quick glance nothing about their stats are irregular, including accuracy, weapon use, and headshot ratio. If you have above 20% accuracy on automatics you're going to cause a headache for the average scrub. There'd be nothing clear cut in this instance apart from they themselves leaning into probably false accusations in a pub server. Apart from score they're on or below the very human level of jackfrags, heck even I have a higher k/d than one of them. How can you be sure that they were in-fact cheating?

That lord_vile92 on the other hand has close to 99% headshot accuracy with rifles and sub 20% on everything else and is most definetly a cheater.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is the damage drop-off in this game more than other? I have no strong feelings either way on TTK but I do think some of those SMGs would become bigger jokes than they already are at distance.

Its certainly worth revisiting as far as everyone being used to attrition now.
As someone who thoroughly enjoys using SMGs, I'm still in the camp that a large part of the problem is the map design. Battlefield V's maps have minimal topographical variances, diminished cover, poor design pathing, and in particular how all of these things relate to the placement of capture points. They've gone for the open terrain sandbox-like approach and neglected to build maps with topographical complexities that force players to keep moving in order to push capture points and sight targets.

These large, open, flattish maps with poorly thought out capture point locations create a situation where ranged attackers, particularly snipers, have a tremendously wide view of multiple capture points and locations and often in 360 degrees. You can sight and begin attacking opponents from very, very far away from an enormous breadth of playspace on majority of the maps, and it's why there's an ongoing frustration with high powered rifles, assault weapons, and MMGs that can exploit range.

Aerodrome, Hamada, Narvik, and Twisted Steel have this problem. There's no sense of flow or accomplishment in moving through the maps because your potential target radius is almost always fucking everywhere from any distance.
Rotterdam survives this somewhat because of its urban nature. Devastation is about the only map that does not have this problem because it's so cluttered and twisted and most of the capture points are in interiors.
Fjell has not quite the same problem, but still favours long range entaglements on a number of capture points.
Arras had potential to be a great map as its topographical variances and asset distribution make for really interesting capture point layouts, but it's so fucking small that none of this matters as there's again no sensation or thrill in moving up and capturing points since it takes all of 5 seconds to run to the next one.
Mercury has a similar problem to Arras but its bottleneck-like layout helps change this somewhat (basically flank around the coast or it's a fight for C).
Panzerstorm is the only map that survives this problem because it's so fucking large that the spacing between capture points is inherently challenging for long range sniping. It's still a map that greatly favours long range gunplay but with this focus it works well.

I love a lot about Battlefield V but I still feel the direction was totally mangled and noncommittal to any particular vision. Like it's this weird inbetween of hardcore military sim and classic arcade Battlefield, but because it can't find a comfortable middleground you end up with this chaotic arcade mess of shooting in maps that see you getting shot from miles away at every angle, and weapon balance that hugely favours extreme rate of fight and range. Because DICE backed out on attrition the value of teamwork in a push and the threat of running out of ammunition are non-existent; you'll NEVER see a team retreat back in favour of a successful push because they need to resupply, and you'll never see a clever squad managing ammunition to burn out another team's defence. You instead end up with walls of players playing shooty shooty bang bang from miles away as the rest of us try and push through.

Sometimes I think I'm talking shit with the map design criticism, but I go back and look at the roster of maps for Battlefield 3, 4, and 1 and for most part the problems weren't anywhere near as prevalent. And 1 had the easiest sniping in the series.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I agree with a lot of your points and would only add that the availability of scopes magnifies the map-issues. I also mainly run medic but I never ever put anything other than a reflex sight on a weapon. When I pick up assault-rifles from the ground like 90% of them has a 3x attached. Smokes can do a lot to shut down most snipers but you can only do so much when 3/4 classes can take pot-shots at you from almost anywhere. Narvik is by far the most frustrating map and it is my belief that it is because almost every range is suited to a 3x. A, A to B, B to D, A to C, C to D and F. If you're running anywhere apart from C-E with a SMG you'll have someone scoping in on you. It's a chore.

I do feel that Twisted Steel and Hamada are mostly OK to great, though there are areas you will avoid and sometimes the detail levels are sketchy on Twisted Steel.

gl0w

Mar 23, 2018
Kindly piss off with this bullshit.

Sincerely,

P. S. Slasher esquire
Free speech.
You are one the reasons devs/publishers keep doing whatever they want with our money. Let’s forgive them everything right? That’s how they get better. Right.

At least read the link duder. They have *gasp* the same system they've iterated on for a long time. Lazy devs isn't as much of an issue as lazy players/readers.
So they have a system, but it doesn’t work is that it? I remember in BF1 seeing system messages with people getting banned.
Sorry as I didn’t read the link. But excuse me for paying full price for a game with so many problems, and you still want me to send them flowers. Ok

Tokyo_Funk

Dec 10, 2018
Had to of course take a closer look at the cited screenshot above. Seems to be a couple above average blokes with decent aim? At a quick glance nothing about their stats are irregular, including accuracy, weapon use, and headshot ratio. If you have above 20% accuracy on automatics you're going to cause a headache for the average scrub. There'd be nothing clear cut in this instance apart from they themselves leaning into probably false accusations in a pub server. Apart from score they're on or below the very human level of jackfrags, heck even I have a higher k/d than one of them. How can you be sure that they were in-fact cheating?

That lord_vile92 on the other hand has close to 99% headshot accuracy with rifles and sub 20% on everything else and is most definetly a cheater.

So you were in my game where they were snapping to players, shooting to the side of them and still getting headshots? One of them walked into the library on Rotterdam, shot right, 180 snapped to a guy in the corner, then locked on and followed a guy behind a wall who was not even moving. You did not see the lock ons, you did not see the wallhacks and you did not see them OPENLY ADMITTING TO CHEATING.