• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's called the S2-200 or MG 30.

If they gave it better hip fire accuracy, I could see what they were going for. An aggressive mmg with quick reloads and good hip fire. However, it has the same hip fire accuracy as all the other mmgs. lol

Oct 27, 2017
It's called the S2-200 or MG 30.

If they gave it better hip fire accuracy, I could see what they were going for. An aggressive mmg with quick reloads and good hip fire. However, it has the same hip fire accuracy as all the other mmgs. lol

I was talking about bullets.

I remember pre-BFV, there was a huge emphasis on recoil patterns and mastery of individual weapons. ALL DOWN THE DRAIN. All these prone MMGs recoil and play the same. The only diffrence going from MG34 to MG42 is that one is just flat-out better.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, you're talking about the M1922 MG. By default it's 150 rounds with 770 rpm. However, it can be upgraded to 250 rounds with 770 rpm or 150 rounds with 900 rpm. Then you have the MG42 which is 250 rounds with 981 rpm or you can go 50 rounds with 1200 rpm. They are less accurate than the S2-200, but who cares when you have 250 rounds. The S2-200 seems most comparable to the MG 34, but it's worse. The S2-200 is the most accurate MMG, but that doesn't matter. MMGs are about a large amount of fire and suppression. Good luck killing anything or suppressing because you're just going to have to reload constantly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The S2-200 is trash tier. I don't understand the purpose of this weapon at all. It's a 30 round MMG with a 770 rpm. I thought the specs would make it better, but they don't.

I mean look at the specs:
s200.png

Why do you need something to reduce the muzzle flash? Its only 30 rounds; if it had a larger magazine that would make sense, but it doesn't. Incendiary bullets. Why? Again, it's 30 rounds you're not going to be shooting at aircraft with this.

There is no reason to use this over any other MMG. Oh, it reloads faster because it uses magazines. Who gives a shit when other MMGs can have +100 rounds. Hell, the MG42 can have 250 rounds with a 900 rpm.

This gun makes no fucking sense. It's like they tried to make an aggressive MMG, but it doesn't work at all.
It was 30 rounds....

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I will say cosmetics are better this ToW. However, it's a bit strange to get American uniforms already.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Statistically these are the weapons you should use. It's good information. It turns out the S2-200 is the best long range auto in the game.

Medic:

• MP34 XRRR or ZK-383 RRRR for ranged use.
  • Suomi RLLR for maximum 1v1.
  • Suomi RRRR for a gun that's actually good at being an SMG.
  • MAB-38 RXXL for a versatile all-rounder.
  • The M28 Tromboncino LRRL is decently viable, and is in my opinion, the best bolt-action in the game. Bolt actions aren't very good weapons, so this isn't a particularly high bar.
Support:

• FG42 LRRR or LS/26 RRRX for assault rifle use.
  • Bren RRRX for ranged use.
  • Lewis Gun LRRX for bigmag pubstomping.
  • MG42 RLLR for dolphin diving on people.
  • MG34 RRRR for 200m rubble camping.
  • S2200 for nuking people while bipod camping.
Assault (almost every weapon is excellent):

• MAS-44 LLLL for all-around use.
  • Turner LLLR for destroying groups.
  • AG m/42 LLLR for shooting people in the face at all ranges.
  • 1907 RLLR for spraying people to 50m.
  • 1916 RLLR for supine prone camping in bushes.
  • M1A1 RLLL instead of non-1907 assault rifles.
Scout:

• Boys AT LLLR for sniping and actually being useful
  • P08 Carbine for playing up close and actually being useful
  • 1906 LLLR for actually being useful as a scout.
  • Model 8 RLLR for aggressive play.
  • Krag LLLR if you're Stodeh Play medic and use the Tromboncino if you're Stodeh.[/quote]

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I can see the S2-200 being extremely obnoxious in smaller modes like Squad Conquest. You can drop a good 4-5 players with accurate fire using 30 bullets. A lot of the time MMGs can be countered due to you being more accurate with a quick headshot or such. It will be a lot more difficult in 1-on-1 against a S2-200 with such a fast reload as well.

I found this site before when trying to look for a good competitive VOD: https://esport-battlefield.com/ruleset-bfv-8v8/

Competitive rule-sets are a pretty good way to gauge which tools are broken when put in the right hands, and well, there are a lot of tools listed in their rules:
1.1 Restrictions (Not Allowed)
WEAPONS:

• SUOMI KP/-31 (Medic)
  • M28 con Tromboncino (Medic)
  • PO8 Carbine (Recon)
  • All Semi-Auto Rifles (doesn't include Self-Loading Rifles from the Recon class)
    • Gewehr 43 (Assault)
    • M1A1 Carbine (Assault)
    • Turner SMLE (Assault)
    • Selbstlader 1916 (Assault)
    • Gewehr 1-5 (Assault)
    • AG/M42 (Assault)
    • Modele 1944 (Assault)
    • Mass 44 (Assault)
  • All MMGs
    • MG-42 (Support)
    • MG-34 (Support)
    • VGO (Support)
    • M1922 MG (Support)
  • All Shotguns
    • 12G Automatic (Support)
    • M30 Drilling (Support)
    • M1987 (Support)
  • New Tides of War Weapons
    • New weapons are banned until they are available to purchase by everyone through company coins.
      • This means that until new weapons are only available through weekly challenges, they won't be able to be used in matches.
      • Weapons that currently fall into this category:
        • MAB 38 (Medic)
GRENADES:

• There are no grenade restrictions.
GADGETS:

• Frag Grenade Rifle (Assault)
  • PIAT (Assault)
  • AP Mine (Medic / Support / Recon)
  • Spawn Beacon (Recon)
  • Flare Gun (Recon)
ARMORED VEHICLES:

• Only the following tanks can be used:
    • Valentine Mk VIII (Allied)
    • Staghound T17E1 (Allied)
    • Panzer IV (Axis)
    • Panzer 38T (Axis)
Note: Putting AT Mines in the enemy spawn (red zone) is strictly prohibited.

REINFORCEMENTS:

• Only the following reinforcements canbe called in:
    • Supply Canister Drop – 2,450 Squad Points
    • Smoke Barrage – 7,450 Squad Points
    • JB-2 Rocket / V-1 Rocket – 41,500 Squad Points
  • This effectively means that every other reinforcement is banned(including but not limited to):
    • T48 GMC 6 pdr AT Half-track / Sd. Kfz 251 Pakwagen – 9,850 Squad Points
    • Sector Artillery – 17,750 Squad Points
    • Churchill Crocodile / Sturmtiger – 20,750 Squad Points
PENALTIES:
  • If a team violates a Gadgets / Armored Vehicles / Reinforcements restriction, only the map the item was used on will be forfeited and not the entire match.
  • If a team violates a WEAPONS restriction, a 25 Ticket Penalty per BANNED Weapon Kill will be applied.
    • (This means that getting a kill with a – banned weapon doesn't cost your team the map)
  • Teams will be required to report and provide proof of any rule infraction(s) at the end of the map in which the infraction occurred. Failure to do so can possibly void any penalty for the opposing team.

I actually agree with a lot of them and think even pub play would be improved with similar restrictions (though coordination is rarely good enough to make say, the flare gun be a huge problem). It'll be interesting to see if a community will spawn once private servers are up... and how these rules evolve.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
More than 7 months after release, tank body customization is still missing in action ("COMING SOON") and we are still unable to customize pilot and tanker.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like that gas mask randomly on the German outfit. Just seems off for me. Besides that I like it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I was kind of surprised at how populated this game is on PS4. Like just searching for Conquest servers limited to 1-5 slots open I had like 60 servers in the list, all green connections. Even though I think Battlefield 1 sold more, I felt it was a lot harder to find good matches.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
This game has become unplayable for me. I die to single bullets almost every life despite good ping. Hit reg has become garbage leading me to fire point blank into some from 1 meter away and somehow miss. Or if I do hit emptying a full clip doesn't kill them.

I also apparently have a massive glowing sign above my head because no matter where I go or how I am hiding someone insta headshots me or blows me up. Even so far that there have been multiple instances where I have been on the edge of the map ignoring everything hiding in some bushes or behind a rock and a bomber will bomb me and only me.

And now fucking invisible people.

And they change the way the guns, vehicles and gadgets work every patch. Let the god damn meta develop before you implement such aggressive changes.

And my performance gets worse every patch as well.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As much as I like this game, it's in a horrible state performance wise. Constant stuttering and frame drops. It also seems the servers have gotten worse over time. Getting one shot and killed around corners. Plus constant rubber banding. At first I was blaming my connection, but it's not that. I play other shooters and games with no issues whatsoever. I mean here's my connection, it's not that greatest, but I shouldn't be having issues.

8374234148.png

I never had these issues at launch. Sure, the game was buggy, but it ran great and felt good. Now it's just

giphy.gif

It feels horrible.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Weird, I felt it better :S (PC player)

But maybe with more time I'll find issues, I haven't played that much.

Hey, you know what positive I can actually say? At least Al Sundan has its own music set not used on any other map!!

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
What was changed on Aerodome and Fjell?

Both were severely reduced in size.
Fjell lost al of it's flanking routes, which makes it horrible to play and Aerodrome's play area is in and around the hangar now, the area I usually ignored because the rest of the map was way more fun. They also changed Narvik and Devastation I think, but I haven't played those yet.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the lag in Firestorm since it came back online is bad. Not sure what's going on with the servers. Pretty sure it's not my connection.

Oct 25, 2017
Two hard crashes in the last 5 minutes on an X1X. Also seeing some translucent soldiers today, where only certain parts of the character model are visible from a distance.

Astounding that they seem to create new problems with every patch.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I love this game and all but Dice has to learn how to release patches.
The new TD maps changes are horrible. Fjiell is a joke, i quitted after two minutes. Devastation, Narvik i played because i had a pretty good run, but they are botched down. Aerodrome also the same sad thing.
I love some quick TD matches, but the latest patch ruined the mode for me. For no comprehensible reason.

Both were severely reduced in size.
Fjell lost al of it's flanking routes, which makes it horrible to play and Aerodrome's play area is in and around the hangar now, the area I usually ignored because the rest of the map was way more fun. They also changed Narvik and Devastation I think, but I haven't played those yet.
Fjiell is the worst offender:( it's a joke.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I love this game and all but Dice has to learn how to release patches.
The new TD maps changes are horrible. Fjiell is a joke, i quitted after two minutes. Devastation, Narvik i played because i had a pretty good run, but they are botched down. Aerodrome also the same sad thing.
I love some quick TD matches, but the latest patch ruined the mode for me. For no comprehensible reason.

Fjiell is the worst offender:( it's a joke.

And the thing is: the maps that were last added (Panzer, Mercury and Al Sudan) are really fun TDM maps, so we could've had an awesome roster of small maps...

I'm not on Reddit, but has someone seen how the community over there reacted to the TDM changes?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Two hard crashes in the last 5 minutes on an X1X. Also seeing some translucent soldiers today, where only certain parts of the character model are visible from a distance.

Astounding that they seem to create new problems with every patch.

Yup, saw several invisible soldiers too. Also did they add scope glint on the 3x scope at some point??

Oct 29, 2017
Wow so now we have invisible soldiers?

DICE, this is fucking pathetic, get your shit together. How long has this being going on now? 8 years of broken patches?

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Have they said anything about what's causing it? It seems to be certain chest pieces from the front, as well as a few pieces from german tanks. Or is it just random?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I know people scoff at DICE's patch quality throughout the years but I honestly think Battlefield V has been the worst, noticeable so. Breaking shit and stuff going wrong isn't new, but unless my memory clouds me the general consistency of previous patches were of higher quality and more like playing catch-up on unexpected bugs and broken launch features. Battlefield 4 launching busted and taking months to fix was inexcusable. But with Battlefield 1 it seems more like random new broken shit of significance enters the game with every patch.

I really think it's a combination of Frostbite and Battlefield V being rushed to launch. The game launched blatantly unfinished on a technical level. It's probably stressed to hell on modern console hardware ceilings, and the code backend is probably a clumsy mess cobbled together to get the game functioning in some form. Frostbite itself has probably grown into a weirdly cumbersome mess too, still phenomenally advanced in some aspects but also archaic in others. Probably weirdass legacy code in the backbone causing issues with new shit they try to implement, even simple stuff.

I think it was JackFrags who went to a private dev discussion with DICE programmers and designers, and stated that while he couldn't give the specifics of what was said, his personal takeaway was that Frostbite probably needs to go and is the core of many issues.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Played a whole round as a fighter/plane on hamada first for the ToW objective then just because I wanted to see how long I would last.

Out of the ~10 planes I destroyed, only 2 were counted as kill because of people who jumped from the plane even thought they were out of bound or too close to the ground to survive.

I was gonna ask how it is possible that nothing was done yet about it, but then I remember that people are walking with invisible skin and we are still waiting for the conquest version of the new map. I've also yet to understand how my 3 AT mines only did 11 damage to a vehicule during the previous round. So par for the course I guess.

Last edited:

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a new engine is probably needed at this point. Haven't a lot of other EA developers made complaints about Frostbite recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.