Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I have the weird feeling they fucked with MP40 and made it shit. Dunno why but i can't do anything with it anymore...

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
I have the weird feeling they fucked with MP40 and made it shit. Dunno why but i can't do anything with it anymore...
Ranking based off stats: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18d5DV_sfsV7QOvOmBR0crkPEPnaLjpUi3zNn2TfdZYE/edit

It's one of the worst SMG now.

Medic: SMGs are technically the best they’ve ever been in Battlefield. SMGs have never been this strong; BFV’s SMGs have probably the best hipfire of any in the series, and have plenty good hitrate for ranged use. The problem with SMGs? BFV’s maps are very poorly suited for SMGs, and their damage models do not allow them to compete at range with other weapon types.

S tier: The most viable choices.

• Medic has no S tier weapons. Sad!

A tier: Good choices.

• Suomi KP/-31: Rapid fire 1v1 nuke in ADS or hipfire with RLLR or 1vX nuke with RRRR. The best SMG in the game for doing traditional SMG things.
  • ZK 383: Use the 514RPM RRRR path for the best midrange SMG in terms of hitrate. The MP34 only outclasses the ZK if you need Quick Aim, but both guns are poor for reactionary SMG use anyways.
  • MP 34: RRRR for good 70m performance for an SMG.
  • M1928A1: Bigmag pubstomper gun which received an unnecessary hrec increase in a previous patch. Suomi does the same job, but better. The Thompson simply is slightly easier to use with less vertical recoil and a faster reload. Not much to say, go RRRR.

B tier: Decent choices.

• MAB 38: A hipfire MP 34, essentially. The lack of Quick Aim really fucking sucks for an SMG with as good ADS performance as this. RXXL is optimal - LL for the BF1 MP18 Trench analogue, RR for good ADS.
  • MP 28: Probably the best all-rounder SMG, though you’re probably better off picking one of the more minmaxed SMGs in the tier above. RLLL for bigmag hipfire, as it has a unique bigmag/hipfire tree (the Thompson and Suomi get bigmag/hrec)
  • EMP: Like the MP 28, this is a usable pick but you’re probably better off with something more min-maxed. RLLR for a versatile ADS/hipfire gun.

C tier: Less than optimal.

• Lanchester: Bad MP 28.
  • Patchett: Also sucks.
  • Maschinenpistole M1912.P16: Good damage output, but the reload is just too limiting in a CQB role.

D tier: Usually unviable.

• M28 con Tromboncino: Unironically the best non-Boys AT bolt action in the game, but that’s not a particularly high bar.
  • Commando Carbine: Now equally viable to the M28, but still kind of garbage.

Q tier: Delete these guns from the game.

• MP 40: Can’t magdump anymore. RRRR but use the ZK or MP 34 instead.
  • STEN: Genuinely just an even worse MP 40 with marginally better velocity. RRRR

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Did they do something to flak? I upgraded my AA (I don't play it a lot) to use the 44 flak cannon I think, given it's described as heavier. I was landing shot after shot on both bombers and fighters and it didn't seem to do anything of value?

SG-17

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They always fucking do this. Tinker and tweak and break things constantly. It's so damn annoying. Just let shit be. Just because more people are using one gun doesn't mean you need to nerf it into oblivion.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, I guess I'll have to try the suomi.
Thing is, it has always been the Suomi. Apart from the new players, you'll have have a hard time finding someone playing something else than the Suomi, the Thompson or the ZK. And it was the case since forever. If anything, the MP40 was the most used of the less used guns. Nerfing it into the ground was useless. I'll just join the horde of Suomi/ZK players (i don't feel the Thompson for some reason).

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Thing is, it has always been the Suomi. Apart from the new players, you'll have have a hard time finding someone playing something else than the Suomi, the Thompson or the ZK. And it was the case since forever. If anything, the MP40 was the most used of the less used guns. Nerfing it into the ground was useless. I'll just join the horde of Suomi/ZK players (i don't feel the Thompson for some reason).
I've just been using mainly the ZK, but I haven't tried the suomi at all. I will today and get back to you.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I was kinda expecting news on Al Sundan today. Easiest thing for them would have been to just communicate that it will take some more time, instead of saying nothing and everyone assuming it'll be quick.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
How are you supposed to get multi kills with the new gun for ToW? Clip empties so fast you can't acquire new targets. Seems like you would have to camp a narrow choke point on devastation or something.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How are you supposed to get multi kills with the new gun for ToW? Clip empties so fast you can't acquire new targets. Seems like you would have to camp a narrow choke point on devastation or something.
Combined arms.

EDIT: It appears they may have patched this out or disabled it. There are reports on Reddit of people doing the assignment in Combined Arms but I just tried it and it wouldn't track.

Last edited:

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
The only way this could be better is if they introduced a pass bundle for the next three chapters at $60 and we could all ask why this is supposed to be better than Premium.

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
I have no issues with them selling cosmetics, but I have issues with this for two reasons.

It cost as much, if not more than the game. BF V isn't F2P. $30 is ridiculous.
It feels scumming as fuck considering the state of the game right now. How about you fix the game then we'll worry about microtransactions.

Last edited:

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I have no issues with them selling cosmetics, but I have issues with this for two reasons.

It feels scumming as fuck considering the state of the game right now. How about you fix the game then we'll worry about microtransactions.
Well I'd like the game to stop crashing as a good first step.

Oct 27, 2017

I think EA gave DICE enough time to fix the game, 6 months before the cash shop. Somehow, the game is in a worse state than it was 3 months ago... If we break down the chapter pass, it is kind of skewed in terms of pricing averaging $10/month? Is it free with the Origin Premier?

DICE is missing a ton of employees ever since BFII, and there is no way EA is keeping the full force on BFV, so perhaps the problems are just too difficult/deep for the current team to solve. I would like to see Battle non sense do the network video on the current BFV patch.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Played some squad conquest on the new map today and goddamn it's so small! I like the area though, stairs n' slopes. Gonna be fun in the big mode!

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Pretty good video, but it's getting quite a bit of dislikes. I don't agree with everything he wants to implement, but it would be better than what we have.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Pretty good video, but it's getting quite a bit of dislikes. I don't agree with everything he wants to implement, but it would be better than what we have.

It's just not something I'm seeing often on the xbox apart from when Grind mode was running. I doubt I've ever seen someone near the top of the scoreboard running one. The Boys was a much bigger problem, but that fad seems to have ended as well.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017

From the perspective of someone that prefers the pace of BF3, BF4, and BF1 he's correct. Honestly I would go even further and just make the MMGs big mag inaccurate ARs like in BF4. A complete retooling of how they work. That combined with removing attrition and fixing visibility and sound bugs would get me addicted to battlefield again.

For those that like the current BFV slower style of play obviously these changes would all be awful lol.

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Personally, there are three things I’d do to fix MMGs.

You shouldn’t need to bipod if you’re using a ledge or something you can use as support. The bipod system is still clunky, so this would help with players trying to play more aggressively. Being able to instantly ADS under those conditions would be ideal.

They need to do something about the recoil and accuracy. These things are lasers and all you have to do is hold LMB and get easy kills. If you have ever qualified on an mg, you know you should be using bursts. This game rewards player just holding down as long as possible because the overheating mechanic doesn’t really discourage it. If you’re just holding down the trigger you should get a significant accuracy reduction and it should overheat faster.

MMGs need some type of movement penalty. For instance, a reduction in sprint speed.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
Oh, Look it's Levelcap whining about something that gets in the way of his preferred play style and therefore wants nerfed or changed.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I feel like anything that makes MGs slower or more cumbersome to use would just make camping more viable. I only play conquest so MGs are never really a problem at all. They only spoil games in the same way that bad recons do by not contributing anything on some remote part of the map. There are a few points where they are especially obnoxious, like C on Rotterdam, but that's more down to bad map design.

There are so many ways to get around MGs on conquest maps. Always a way to flank, smoke them out, blow them up, move in a tank or whatever. The problem in my opinion is that they are pretty much useless. If they had spotting maybe I'd see a reason to run one but I doubt it.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Did they nerf the fighter planes?

I was on Hamada last night and accidentally picked a fighter plane (normally a bomber) and it took FOREVER to bring down an enemy bomber.
I scored north of 300 points just in damage, without it going down.. or even a threat of it going down.

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Did they nerf the fighter planes?

I was on Hamada last night and accidentally picked a fighter plane (normally a bomber) and it took FOREVER to bring down an enemy bomber.
I scored north of 300 points just in damage, without it going down.. or even a threat of it going down.
The last update fucked the bullet registration. So, a lot of hits aren't counting.