Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
The Pacific could be really hyped. However, I doubt it'll be like anything I imagine. This skeleton crew probably can't accomplish much. The Pacific should have been paid DLC that way it could have got more support. Fuck splitting the player base argument, the people that didn't buy it didn't stick around anyways. They are the casual players that just constantly jump to the newest game. They aren't coming back anyways.

Also lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Rebuilt PC, the game is really smooth now, over 100FPS, but playing on the 75hz display. YET, there is still something unsatisfactory about the dying moment. When someone kills me in CSGO or OW, it feels natural like the rest of the experience. When I die in BF, it is like the game speeds-up or skips parts of the experience leaving me puzzled. Even the direct headshot in CSGO is a split-second in terms of time to die, yet it feels appropriate.

And nope, even the superior visuals/frame rate does nothing to compensate for all of the content, design and progression problems.

SillyMikey

Mar 29, 2019
And you know what? If you read through the thread here, you'll see that some of us have been supporting the game with huge patience. DICE is losing the most die hard followers of BFV because we just don't know what the hell is going on. It feels as they abandoned ship
Honestly for me, im just tired of battling with the simplest fucking things. You dont know how many times i die just because my guy cant seem to jump over a simple rock or when you try to enter a window (or hop over a fence) and you have to press the button 20 god damn times so the animation kicks in, but as soon as it does someone shoots you. Its so fucking annoying that its just made me play other games.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly for me, im just tired of battling with the simplest fucking things. You dont know how many times i die just because my guy cant seem to jump over a simple rock or when you try to enter a window (or hop over a fence) and you have to press the button 20 god damn times so the animation kicks in, but as soon as it does someone shoots you. Its so fucking annoying that its just made me play other games.
And if everything else is good, then you have to deal with bad teammates and no balance. Jesus, why are we still here? Just to suffer?

But the seemingly radio silence is baffling. They said that they know they lost the good will of the community and will fix that but... nothing has happened. Just the release of Marita

SillyMikey

Mar 29, 2019
And if everything else is good, then you have to deal with bad teammates and no balance. Jesus, why are we still here? Just to suffer?

But the seemingly radio silence is baffling. They said that they know they lost the good will of the community and will fix that but... nothing has happened. Just the release of Marita
I dont care anymore honestly. With BF1, there were bugs but the amazing maps made up for the fact that the game felt unfinished. This game is just bad. Maps are incredibly forgettable so far.

Oct 27, 2017

I blame DICE for the state of BF, but I completely understand their position regarding communication.

There is no good outcome if they start communicating because there are no positive news. Even the people who are literally paid to engage with community don't do that, or do it with the hazmat suits responding only to the positive or neutral topics and never more.

Plus, if a designer or artist starting putting his name to bat for BFV, and then EA completely axes the support, he will bring the social media mob on himself for no reason. Literally none of the people who work in engineering, consutrction, retail or fast food go and do PR for their company, for no personal gain other than to advance the Boeing or Mcdonalds brands.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Had a moment last night where firing my gun made me switch to the AP Pistol, and then when I went to fire the AP Pistol it just switched back to my primary instead. That was a new glitch for me. It got me killed lol. Never even heard of that glitch before.

edit: wasn't due to having no ammo and it auto switching or whatever I should add

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
I blame DICE for the state of BF, but I completely understand their position regarding communication.

There is no good outcome if they start communicating because there are no positive news. Even the people who are literally paid to engage with community don't do that, or do it with the hazmat suits responding only to the positive or neutral topics and never more.

Plus, if a designer or artist starting putting his name to bat for BFV, and then EA completely axes the support, he will bring the social media mob on himself for no reason. Literally none of the people who work in engineering, consutrction, retail or fast food go and do PR for their company, for no personal gain other than to advance the Boeing or Mcdonalds brands.
That's true. We are in the dark age of BF

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I told them in the last survey to stop being assholes by sending people like Braddock out into a hostile community with zero answers. It's like repeatedly kicking a nest of hornets. It doesn't help that they did their huge info dump trailer for E3 and then promptly almost all went on vacation.

I'm willing to bet the new progression system isn't even coming this month. They'll probably tell us at the last second that it has been delayed.
The 'new' progression system is just a level uncap, with levels that take ever-increasing amounts of XP to reach.

4.4 better be a banger or the game is dead before the Pacific even comes. I still see no reason to abandon your newest WW2 title - it can coexist with Battlefront and BC3 - but I've posted that probably a hundred times.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
It seems that every time I complain here and then I play I am welcomed with a bunch of good matches, with people PTFOing, winning with less than 100 tickets, etc.

WHY??

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Despite glaring issues i still have genuine fun with BFV. It's mostly thanks to the movement and gunplay that i keep coming back, i also enjoy tanks and planes for the most part. Firestorm and Squad Conquest are amazing additions to the franchise and make BFV really appealing for me.

The game needs desperately more maps of bigger scale though. Panzerstorm is a nearly perfect Battlefield map, that should be the blueprint for the future. Halvoy has so much potential for an epic Conquest map, Dice please do it.
There are too much infantry heavy maps, which get old really fast.

FarSightXR50

Jan 4, 2018
The Pacific could be really hyped. However, I doubt it'll be like anything I imagine. This skeleton crew probably can't accomplish much. The Pacific should have been paid DLC that way it could have got more support. Fuck splitting the player base argument, the people that didn't buy it didn't stick around anyways. They are the casual players that just constantly jump to the newest game. They aren't coming back anyways.

Also lol

We still know nothing about tank customisation despite the game saying since launch that it's coming "soon". BFV in a nutshell.