• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
hpfhyh82j1l31.jpg

Someone from reddit. No lies detected. September survey had no specific questions on it besides the usual "rate the maps" stuff, hopefully they've gotten enough shouting about team balance that they're working on it.

Trello board is a big nothing so far, only a couple bugs on it, zero features.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I still want service stars for weapons, I don't know why they aren't in this game. Weapons cap out at 10 and the gold dog tag is limited to like 600 kills.

It's such a simple feature, but it added a lot more to the game than the current system.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Same thoughts I pretty much had. Video is time stamped so you don't have to listen to the ad or ToW unlock stuff.

Here's another one:

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wish they would do something about assignments because they are a mess right now. It's just a long list with no order whatsoever. It would be nice if they would categorize them by type (weapon, class, etc.) Even better, just get rid of the four limit and have all assignments active. If that's too much to ask for at least have all the weapon assignments active and the CC ones you still can only have four.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would do something about assignments because they are a mess right now. It's just a long list with no order whatsoever. It would be nice if they would categorize them by type (weapon, class, etc.) Even better, just get rid of the four limit and have all assignments active. If that's too much to ask for at least have all the weapon assignments active and the CC ones you still can only have four.

It's all done on purpose to slow down CC gain.

The most bizarre thing to me is that different assignments will show up after selecting one. If I pick the attrition assignment, suddenly I can also pick the base support assignment too. It makes zero sense and seems buggy AF. At a minimum you should be able to add new assignments without leaving the server but, again, they want to slow CC gain.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
CC in general seems like it was poorly thought out and implemented. Having to pay to upgrade your weapons/vehicles is just a poor idea. You already leveled it up, why do you need to pay to unlock it? It's just a time gate to slow progression. It does nothing for the game.

Even now, what do I need all this CC for? It's not like they are releasing a ton of new weapons and vehicles. Plus all the good skins are Bcoins only.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It has been like this since launch and it needs to be addressed. It's about the lack of quality optics. Here's the 1.5x, 2x, and 3x. It's quite obvious which one a player is going to choose, the 3x.

x1-5.png

x2.png

tank-on-hanger.png

They aren't choosing it because it has the highest magnification, but because it has the best sight picture. The others block out your FoV, which doesn't make any sense. The lower magnification should have better sight picture and FoV because they are for CQC, while the higher should have less FoV because they are for longer ranges. Yet, this game does the complete opposite. I'd love to put the 2x on my assault rifle, aggressive semi auto or lmg, but you'll be at a complete disadvantage because they are just worse compared to the 3x. It shouldn't be like this. Everyone uses the 3x because the other options aren't good. Right now you're forced to use a red dot which gives you zero magnification or the 3x. These other Frankenstein scopes don't work and they need to be changed. Players need better options and they would shift away from the 3x meta.

Last edited:

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
finally decided to play the last tiger (after dropping the SP originally not too long after I started)....these are minor (i guess....not really), but they make me 100% believe the fact the game was rushed to release.

The Americans are not Americans....yes they have U.S uniforms...they have Shermans.....they use Lee-Enfield rifles, the AT guns you face are German Pak guns, the American recon cars are actually British...the infantry AT rockets are Panzerfausts.....

The things that alert you to who you are fighting are barely there.

It's barely excusable in MP, but for SP, where immersion, where accuracy you kind of expect, kind of the norm....like the bare minimum to be honest, the American soldiers don't have M1 Garands in 1945....it just makes me upset I spent my money intending on a finished product, and its so clearly a rush job....in every way.

Its not even live service....just a excuse to cut corners to "pump out content" faster.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Mouse stuck with controller plugged is really annoying. It's my playstyle: M+KB for Infantry, Gamepad for Tanks.

So if I play with a controller, then I won't be able to call in reinforcements.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Played on the two CQ maps for Squad Conquest. Would be great to play them on other modes like Frontlines or something.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I came back so I could try out the new AT rifle and I'm so glad to see DICE have not learned a god damn thing about the assignment system or these tide of war objectives. They still require me to do things I have no control over or that force me to play in a way that I detremental to me and my team.

Right now I am stuck on the last part. "Get 10 smoke barrages as a squad"

Okay cool that's easy on paper, but how exactly am I supposed to do that when my squad leader is a selfish turd and uses all the points on artillery strikes and Rockets? What am I supposed to do when I can't find a squad that I can take over in order to do it myself?

I have been playing for 3 nights straight and I have a grand total of 3 out of 10 smoke barrages. Thanks Dice. So glad I came back.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
I came back so I could try out the new AT rifle and I'm so glad to see DICE have not learned a god damn thing about the assignment system or these tide of war objectives. They still require me to do things I have no control over or that force me to play in a way that I detremental to me and my team.

Right now I am stuck on the last part. "Get 10 smoke barrages as a squad"

Okay cool that's easy on paper, but how exactly am I supposed to do that when my squad leader is a selfish turd and uses all the points on artillery strikes and Rockets? What am I supposed to do when I can't find a squad that I can take over in order to do it myself?

I have been playing for 3 nights straight and I have a grand total of 3 out of 10 smoke barrages. Thanks Dice. So glad I came back.
Play Grind and Fortress, "Combat Under Pressure" is the play list, the squad leader powers are limited to air drops and smoke barrages.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

It's like the assignments are getting exponentially worse as they make more battlefield games. The ones in BF3-4 were a bit annoying and forced you to do a dumb thing, but it was a dumb thing for a short while like having to snipe someone off the radio tower or jump off a building into a swimming pool. Once dumb thing was done, you could go back to PTFO. The ones in BF1 and more specifically, BF5 basically almost need the planets to align to allow you to complete the assignments. Something as simple as kill 'x' people while attacking an objective is stupid because of how it was designed:

a) you need the base to be occupied, not just claimed by an enemy
b) you can't kill people while capturing the base, you have to let them get in the area and contest the capture for the kills to count. The assignments are littered with little things that force you to play against common sense. My teams objective overall is to NOT let them contest the capture but keep them off the objectives entirely until their tickets run out.
c) you cant kill them while they're holding the objective before you get into the capture area or yet again, it wont count.

All these little fucky things lead to people doing dumb things in order to do assignments, which they HAVE to do because they're tied to progression. I'll say at least the Tides of war things aren't as bad as the regular assigments because they do give you multiple paths. An easy long path or a short hard path. The alternate objectives in the assignments...ugh, those just don't feel good to do.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I actually liked Provence and Lofoten Islands quite a bit. They are really fun small maps, which at least gives me hope that the rest of the maps will be well designed. Sure I want bigger maps, but at least these two small maps are actually fun to play as a Medic. That SMG buff helps a lot too.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Looks like we are getting four maps with the Pacific.

b35uap68njl31.jpg

This weapon looks to be fun.

M3 IR Sniper Rifle

3mm2139lnjl31.jpg

"The M3 features an infrared scope for improved sighting in low-light situations, as well as a suppressor for reduced muzzle report." (Ingame)

Don't do that. Don't give me hope (well, three maps were promised before 2020. The fourth should be the first of 2020)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I imagine Tropic Islands is going to be something like the Invasion of the Philippines from BF 1942.

invasion_of_the_philippines_zoom.png

Jungle on the other hand could be anything. Maybe Guadalcanal.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Tropic Island look like Invasion of the Philippines which was one of the best map of bf1942, I hope they don't fuck that up.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's like the assignments are getting exponentially worse as they make more battlefield games. The ones in BF3-4 were a bit annoying and forced you to do a dumb thing, but it was a dumb thing for a short while like having to snipe someone off the radio tower or jump off a building into a swimming pool. Once dumb thing was done, you could go back to PTFO. The ones in BF1 and more specifically, BF5 basically almost need the planets to align to allow you to complete the assignments. Something as simple as kill 'x' people while attacking an objective is stupid because of how it was designed:

a) you need the base to be occupied, not just claimed by an enemy
b) you can't kill people while capturing the base, you have to let them get in the area and contest the capture for the kills to count. The assignments are littered with little things that force you to play against common sense. My teams objective overall is to NOT let them contest the capture but keep them off the objectives entirely until their tickets run out.
c) you cant kill them while they're holding the objective before you get into the capture area or yet again, it wont count.

All these little fucky things lead to people doing dumb things in order to do assignments, which they HAVE to do because they're tied to progression. I'll say at least the Tides of war things aren't as bad as the regular assigments because they do give you multiple paths. An easy long path or a short hard path. The alternate objectives in the assignments...ugh, those just don't feel good to do.
Yeah I know. It's all just a total mess and frustrating as fuck to do. I just wanna be able to play the game and get stuff like I could in 3 and 4. Yeah things got specific at times for certain things but overall you could basically get everything by just PTFOing. But not in V. Feels bad man.

I just hope they learn this lesson going forward.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I'm looking forward to Iwo Jima release. I spent the whole weekend of my gaming time playing BF5 after a good 2-3 month break. Game is still fun to play, it's gorgeous, and I really like how the guns feel and play now with the updates. There's just nothing really keeping me playing other than my love for the series and the reasons I state above. I wish there was a better system for upgrading weapons, attachments, and character, although i am happy that DICE increased the ranks to 500.
I enjoy unlocking weapon attachments that effect the weapons abilities via challenges assigned to each applicable weapon which in itself teaches players to use that weapon as intended . For example, for the MP40, as a close to mid-range weapon would maybe require a player to gain 20 kills using the iron sights to open the red dot or some requirements related to how that weapon is used in normal circumstances. The tree system in this game is one of my least favorite parts due to this. IMO, those individual "perks" in the tree should be attached to weapon attachments.
Character customization should also be tied to the weapon class you choose. If I choose a sniper class, I want the coolest ghili suit and I want other players to know that I put in work to get it. In this game, anyone can buy the character skins, so I don't really care about it. I'm not going to drop money on something that no one else really sees and only represents my wallets ability, not my skill in the game. Call that elitist, I'm just being honest. I like working toward and showing off what I have earned, especially when I can do it with a bunch of friends, and for me, that's what I feel this game is missing, but when it comes down to it, I will sill play the game, just no where as near as I have other BF games, which is fine. I guess.

Edit: and while I'm thinking of it, throwing in some weapon based attachments that would only enhance that type of weapon by using it as intended would also make for interesting game play. SMG's could have, for example, a locked extended barrel that a player would have to unlock by getting a number of mid range kills so he/she could then graduate to the longer end of the mid range spectrum or an LMG may have an ammo box locked and a player would have to resupply other players a certain number. Each unlock would be tied to usage specific to that weapon or weapon class.

Last edited:

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Getting PTSD thinking about the snipers and MMGers on Iwo Jima lol. It was great in 1942 and 1943 but I wonder how it'll work with how this game is balanced.

If they don't add too much visual clutter to Wake Island it should be good. The other two maps look like they're gonna be full of bushes and such so I have little to no interest in those right now. I dislike all the current maps with visibility issues.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
MMGs are getting changed next patch, so we'll see what they do with them. Rising Storm (it's a RO2 expansion in the Pacific) has MMGs and I never had a problem with them.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
MMGs are a complete nonfactor in the games I play. It's annoying to die to one hiding in a corner or whatever but that would happen with any gun.

I've never seen this mystical MMG player that controls matches and has everything on lockdown, even on maps that cater to it. Snipers camping in odd places are way more rage inducing and really put the fear of god in your blueberries.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Got to love the nonexistent matchmaking. I see what same shit everyday.

Go into the server browser looking for a game. Join one of the few servers that has open slots (they have open slots because players on the losing team are constantly quitting). So you join and get your ass kicked. After the match ends, everyone on the winning team stays, while most of the players on the losing team will leave. The next match will start with uneven teams heavily favoring the team that won the last round since they stuck around. So, you're getting your ass kicked again, while players slowly trickle in and ultimately leave because they see they joined a losing server.

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember how the playercount for the new large modes in Modern Warfare weren't set in stone?

Well now the mode that was previously announced as 20v20 has been bumped to 32v32.

Straight for BF's jugular.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how the playercount for the new large modes in Modern Warfare weren't set in stone?

Well now the mode that was previously announced as 20v20 has been bumped to 32v32.

Straight for BF's jugular.
Now would definitely be the time for them to do it... BATTLEFIELD has never been in a weaker state than it is now.

After the 2v2 Alpha on PS4, my buddies and I will be getting CoD on PC.... First time we have bought a CoD game since the first Modern Warfare.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Now would definitely be the time for them to do it... BATTLEFIELD has never been in a weaker state than it is now.

After the 2v2 Alpha on PS4, my buddies and I will be getting CoD on PC.... First time we have bought a CoD game since the first Modern Warfare.
First time I'm buying a CoD game since MW3. I really hope DICE and EA can pull off a Hail Mary save for BF5. If not, the next BF release really needs to shine if DICE wants to add new players to the franchise while keeping the existing community happy.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Eh, I'll check the beta. It's undeniably that CoD is going after drifting BF players, but I don't know if the pace will be there.

Oct 26, 2017
Totally forgot this game had ranks in it, nice to have that progression back after 10 months (though I wish all my playtime counted for something...)

Also never knew I could turn the vignette off, what a garbage visual effect

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I haven't following anything on COD in years. Are the adding a mode with vehicles like Battlefield? I know there were some in the blackout mode from the last one.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't following anything on COD in years. Are the adding a mode with vehicles like Battlefield? I know there were some in the blackout mode from the last one.

There are some ATVs on the maps, but the rest of the vehicles are killstreaks. So far I think it's just a Bradley Fighting Vehicle and helicopter.

Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone expecting MW to replace BF in combined-arms gameplay is going to be "Fuck Activision" soon.

Just don't get your hopes up too soon, we have seen jack shit from the large MW mode and IT IS ACTIVISION, literally the evil twin brother of EA when it comes to fucking players over.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I think everyone expecting MW to replace BF in combined-arms gameplay is going to be "Fuck Activision" soon.

Just don't get your hopes up too soon, we have seen jack shit from the large MW mode and IT IS ACTIVISION, literally the evil twin brother of EA when it comes to fucking players over.
For all of BFV's faults, and damn there's a lot of them, I've been under the impression that Activision has really gone off the deep end wrt monetizing their users. I can't see myself switching. However, I have little faith in DICE turning things around drastically, especially if facing increased competition.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't think MW will replicate the Battlefield experience at all really but personally I don't need it to, I just want a FPS that is fun and relatively casual until BFV gets fixed or the next Battlefield comes out.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's the one thing keeping me from being 100% on board with COD are the microtransactions. You just know they are going to be aggressive about it considering the devs have been silent about it so far and Activision also made record profits with it with BO4.

Status
Not open for further replies.