• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to keep bringing this up until it is resolved. Why do matches start like this? The match was over in minutes because it started extremely lopsided.

why.png

i'm 100% with you. This should be their #1 priority. There's clearly a problem with their sever algorythm which seems completely unable to keep severs populated. People leaving a game in the middle of a round or between rounds are not replaced by new comers. As an example yesterday in OU in BT we lost a huge part of players at the end of the round, started the game 12vs9 and ended 3vs7, at no point new players were brought to this server; And it's like that EVERY game on any map on any mode. Most of the time the first game is OK and full, but many people are quitting between rounds (for many reasons : no map vote, can't change assignments,...), no new players are coming, last players still there when the match starts just leave after 2 minutes because it's boring and you end up with a 7vs5 conquest game... Rinse and repeat, with 5min lost in menus to back out and find a new match.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah ok so, last night played quite a bit of the new map. Overall I liked it

Pros:

- Map design allows a lot of fluidity, which is NOT something normal for a Metro map. It's clearly design to be a grind, which I normally don't like, however mobility keeps the game fun with different ways of getting into said grind. Unlike for example, Twisted Steel grind, since it isn't a map design for it, and it's a version of it, you only have two ways, up or down, both with the same result. In Underground, you have several, several chokepoints with different approach. For example, once you capture the second sector on BT as attacker, you then have to push outside the metro again towards the plaza. Then you'll have 6 ways to get out: the main gates upstairs with two doors by the side, one main open area underground with other two by the sides. There's always a moment in which one will be with less players due to the revive mechanics of the game and the spawn times. Once a squad pushes, the defenders have to fall back allowing attackers to push as a team, and chaos releases in a both open and close area. On the main ticketbooth, where you have to push upstairs, there is this chokepoint where MMGs can stay, you can build a ladder by the windows, allowing an assault to leave explosives ot just any one to push and flank through the windows with the help of smoke. There's just always a way.

- Ambiance. In BFV, due to the period some maps take place, there normally isn't much on ambiance like in BF1. In Operation Underground, there is. It's Metro but it does feel like a WW2 version of it. It's really good.

- It's an actual good change of pace. Marita is an infantry map, but it keeps the MMG and Assault 3x scope gameplay. Metro allows the medic class to shine. Yeah, there are MMG's and shit, but it's not "more than" other maps.

Cons:

- Performance is bad, specially on the first sector of Breakthrough. I normally play above 70 or 80 fps, this is way below 60 most of the time. Underground is better but it's still bad and way too fluctuating. I had a multikill of 5 people in one Tommygun magazine which ended with the prize of a frameskip of like two seconds. The game litterally froze and I thought I had a crash.

- The map is THICC but short. The Original metro was skinnier but larger, I think the Breakthrough sectors would benefit from a larger battlezone, as the final sector is. It's not that big of a "con" but while being thicker it also feels smaller, which is weird.

- You bump into enemies, and not in the positive sense, a lot due to several reasons, most because of them lying on the ground looking like dead bodies, but also because among the smoke you bump into them. It's fun but also a problem. I don't think it should be "fixed" (well, the looking like dead bodies should), but it's important to take it into consideration

Pro tip: Use incendiary grenades to attack MMG prone users. I've never had so many kills with them like in this map lol

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of CC they award you for completing Battlefest stuff is laughable. Assignments gives us more with less effort for the most part

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
A minor thing that this game does that is really annoying when leveling up a gun is how you have to leave a game to pick new gun perks as your gun levels up. I don't understand why that is a thing. Super annoying.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Played the new map a bunch. The meat grinder type maps have never really been my thing, but I think this is the most fun one that's been in one of these simply due to the lack of grenade spam.

Poor visibility from the lack of spotting and the introduction of new mechanics like the attrition system and MMGs.

That's crazy, the unique BFV stuff is what makes this play way better than the others. Attrition so there isn't random explosions every half a second, lack of 3d spotting so you aren't getting shot and shooting at doritos through every smoke grenade down long hallways, and the MMGs can be annoying but I haven't found them to be too tough to take down.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like MMGs have been easy to handle on Underground. They go prone in the most obvious locations and it's easy headshots with semi auto rifles.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
This map is four steps above any other Metro implementation, but it still suffers extremely from the same problem as before. If one team has only just as much as a -slight- advantage in better players, this map WILL multiply that advantage manifold if one team gets pushed to one side. Especially the German towards British.

Too few points of movement at the ends which then just leads to one team holding constant advantage. And on the British side it is way worse of trying to push back out of the main base. You're just stuck there then cause you only have about 3-4 avenues of approach and they will be ALL covered unlike the German side with the giant building where you have a whole slew of movement options then.

This map still desperately needs a street level to open it up a bit more. Heck, a street level would give it vehicle possibilities which would be pretty cool. Vehicles on top, infantry on the bottom.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually not as good as Metro 2014 for the purpose of grinding out challenges and levels. It actually has too many flanking routes for that purpose, but not enough openness to be a good BF map.

Oct 27, 2017
As I said, there should just be a way to bypass the tunnels by going above the ground. Would make it infinitely less desirable to hold B all the time.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually not as good as Metro 2014 for the purpose of grinding out challenges and levels. It actually has too many flanking routes for that purpose, but not enough openness to be a good BF map.
I've been trying to get kill 4 enemies with headshots in an objective area in one life/10 in one game for a month or so with the M1A1 and finally got it on Underground so it's definitely still good for grinding compared to everything else.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.