• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
Oh god, the game just completely bugged out on me on that Cathedral map, the timer got stuck indefinitely on 00:00. The match carried on for another FOURTY minutes before the attacking team finally managed to blow up the last objective xD! Grand Operations being so grand that they never end. Probably the best Battlefield bug since BF3's giraffe heads ^^.

That 25 second "dramatic the match is about to end music" track looping indefinitely got kind of repetitive though.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay yeah this game broke as fuck and its pissing me off and I have only been playing for about 2 hours now. I just had to leave 3 fucking matches in a row because I literally could not deploy. No matter where I chose it kept saying "The deploy point you have chosen is no longer available". I Tried switching squads, switching teams, switching classes, etc etc. Nothing. I literally could not even START playing the god damn game.

Which wouldn't be that big of a deal if it didn't FOR FUCKING EVER to leave a game and find a new one.

WTF DICE

And now my game just crashed after trying 5 times in a row now to get into a game.

tenor.gif

That's what you deserve for playing recon all the time ;)

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I dunno, it could be bug too I guess, need elenarie to confirm I guess is it intended.

Character / class customisation is separate between the factions.
Check if you have the same things equipped and also make sure you have the same combat role for that class.

Curious if you're actually having an issue with the gadgets being locked wrongly. Check the combat roles, please.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm a bit confused by the weapon perk system. I've played a few games as Assault (reached rank 5) and when I look at the weapon specialization I can't seem to select any perks... some are orange... what does this mean?

Also wanted to say that I am super happy you can change weapon scopes mid game, that's awesome! You're not locked out to using the chosen weapon scopes for a whole match.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm a bit confused by the weapon perk system. I've played a few games as Assault (reached rank 5) and when I look at the weapon specialization I can't seem to select any perks... some are orange... what does this mean?

Also wanted to say that I am super happy you can change weapon scopes mid game, that's awesome! You're not locked out to using the chosen weapon scopes for a whole match.
You can reset weapons once they are rank 4. Orange is a selected skill and you can reset and swap as you want.

Oct 26, 2017
So it seems quick match is just totally fucked as soon as you try to find a match with friends in your squad. Before my friends joined me I was able to find quick matches easily, and no not at all, sigh.

I hope they fix that because we always used quick match to easily find a match, now we constantly have to cope with full servers bullshit or bad pings.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder what the winrates for the British team on Grand Operation Battle Axe are. Because that has to be in the single digits.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
So I'm having difficulties trying to copy a certain play style I love from BF1 which is using the Scout class with the Martini Henry for a one hit kill or the Assault class with the Model 10 shotgun.

I love powerful weapons that can do that type of damage, rewarding risk. Martini Henry was a beast of a weapon to master but once I got aiming down I enjoyed using it so much.

Which weapons offer that type of play style, also is there a powerful one hit kill weapon currently in the game? I'd really like a setup that will allow me to play that way.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Its EASY to see enemies?

Are you serious? Lol

whats your setup? Pc monitor? Sitting inches infront of it?

Iam just wondering how its EASY to see enemies in this game when thousands say its difficult. When the player has the same color or clothes as the map or waits in a shadow or lies on the ground.

I mean it gets better with time but the times i died without knowing where it came from in the beginning ... jesus.

Easy.

I'm actually quite happy that you can't see or be seen that easily. Especially with "q" tapping/spotting enemies being removed as well. Definitely makes matches more exciting for me :D

Ok guys..

Motion blur
Chromatic abberation
Film grain
Vignette

All off, right?

I left motion blur, vignette, and lens flare on. Chromatic, and film grain off though. Vignette being off made the game look a little too bright for my liking.

You can reset weapons once they are rank 4. Orange is a selected skill and you can reset and swap as you want.

Hmm, I see... so I have to reset the weapon first and then I can select whatever perks I want?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm actually quite happy that you can't see or be seen that easily. Especially with "q" tapping/spotting enemies being removed as well. Definitely makes matches more exciting for me :D

I left motion blur, vignette, and lens flare on. Chromatic, and film grain off though. Vignette being off made the game look a little too bright for my liking.

Hmm, I see... so I have to reset the weapon first and then I can select whatever perks I want?

The first rank weapon you need to get to 4 and reset. the other guns you just have to rank up and you can start putting points into the skills.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
So I'm having difficulties trying to copy a certain play style I love from BF1 which is using the Scout class with the Martini Henry for a one hit kill or the Assault class with the Model 10 shotgun.

I love powerful weapons that can do that type of damage, rewarding risk. Martini Henry was a beast of a weapon to master but once I got aiming down I enjoyed using it so much.

Which weapons offer that type of play style, also is there a powerful one hit kill weapon currently in the game? I'd really like a setup that will allow me to play that way.
In BF1 they have a thing called sweet spot mechanic that allows the sniper rifles to be a one hit kill if you hit an enemy center mass and you are close enough. They removed this mechanic in BFV(thank god) so you cant one hit kill with any of the sniper rifles unless you get the headshot.

The closest weapon is the M30 Drilling, its a double barrel shotgun but it has an alternate fire mode which fires a rifle round that is a one hit headshot kill but with a long reload like the Martini Henry. very rewarding weapon to use if you got the aim for it.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
In BF1 you had a list of weapons you could unlock. Can't find it in 5? For assault for example I only have three guns now. How do I know when I unlock the next one?

fobbyBro

Jan 19, 2018
So I've been playing nothing but Conquest since I got the game but I'm wondering, are people still in agreement that this is the best game mode for BFV or has the consensus changed? Wondering what mode I should try out next.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
In BF1 you had a list of weapons you could unlock. Can't find it in 5? For assault for example I only have three guns now. How do I know when I unlock the next one?
Go to a class and click on progression at the bottom and you'll see all your upcoming unlocks.
So I've been playing nothing but Conquest since I got the game but I'm wondering, are people still in agreement that this is the best game mode for BFV or has the consensus changed? Wondering what mode I should try out next.
I love conquest and it will always be my favorite mode but if you really enjoy infantry combat then give frontlines and breakthrough a try. Frontlines can be buggy at times though.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It is, I use it all the time for almost any MP game, even the PS4 equivalent "Groups" are the meat and potatoe for multiplayer games. I play Dead by Daylight on PS4 and groups are essential for this game and for finding new people, I couldn't play it without it.
And like the comparison shows, it's full of people for other games but here only 50, for this brand new game and that's nothing. Because half of that are from different languages and the other 40% are for a future date or older than 30 minutes, which means expired. So you almost have no options which is so unusual for a new and such a big PVP game.
How do you use this feature?

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
To clarify what you were already told, each classes starting weapon comes fully specialized, orange selections being the ones selected. You can reset the specializations once the weapon hits rank 4. New weapons you unlock will not be specialized at all and you will unlock new specializations for them as you level them up.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Anyone wanna squad up tonight? I'm down for any game type. Should be on around 830EST.

Edit: I'm on PS4

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Click on Replace Weapon?

That just changes my weapon though. I was looking for that list that has all the upcoming guns.

Go to a class and click on progression at the bottom and you'll see all your upcoming unlocks.

I love conquest and it will always be my favorite mode but if you really enjoy infantry combat then give frontlines and breakthrough a try. Frontlines can be buggy at times though.

I assume this is only possible outside matches? Because I can't really seem to find this.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
In BF1 they have a thing called sweet spot mechanic that allows the sniper rifles to be a one hit kill if you hit an enemy center mass and you are close enough. They removed this mechanic in BFV(thank god) so you cant one hit kill with any of the sniper rifles unless you get the headshot.

The closest weapon is the M30 Drilling, its a double barrel shotgun but it has an alternate fire mode which fires a rifle round that is a one hit headshot kill but with a long reload like the Martini Henry. very rewarding weapon to use if you got the aim for it.

Yeah I unlocked it yesterday, not getting the same powerful feeling and feedback from something like the Martini Herny, doesn't sound too powerful. Only played for a round though.

I hope the add more high risk high reward type of weapons like the Martini in BFV.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I unlocked it yesterday, not getting the same powerful feeling and feedback from something like the Martini Herny, doesn't sound too powerful.

While the single fire shot is definitely not the same as the Martini... I love this gun. Figuring out how to position yourself to absolutely melt people at close range, then having the opportunity to skill-shot people from afar if necessary makes it a blast to use.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The first rank weapon you need to get to 4 and reset. the other guns you just have to rank up and you can start putting points into the skills.

To clarify what you were already told, each classes starting weapon comes fully specialized, orange selections being the ones selected. You can reset the specializations once the weapon hits rank 4. New weapons you unlock will not be specialized at all and you will unlock new specializations for them as you level them up.

Thanks for the clarification guys, appreciate that.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I not play as the woman with the prosthetic arm from the promotional material in online? I dont see her as an option anywhere

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can play a woman but no prosthetics at the moment. Too many people moaned about it and DICE relented.
Damn ik they removed the neat cosmetics cause so many were bitching and whining about ""realism" but I thought she'd stay since she's on the cover and shit. Really sucks :( the cosmetics in the game are actually really dull imo

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn ik they removed the neat cosmetics cause so many were bitching and whining but I thought she'd stay since she's on the cover and shit. Really sucks :( the cosmetics in the game are actually really dull imo
I hope they add them back in the future but the pandering to a few moaners is disappointing. Ho hum.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
While the single fire shot is definitely not the same as the Martini... I love this gun. Figuring out how to position yourself to absolutely melt people at close range, then having the opportunity to skill-shot people from afar if necessary makes it a blast to use.
Yeah maybe I need to play around some more with it, the Martini at the beginning was so unforgiving but once you mastered it and knew how to position yourself it becomes so rewarding.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn ik they removed the neat cosmetics cause so many were bitching and whining about ""realism" but I thought she'd stay since she's on the cover and shit. Really sucks :( the cosmetics in the game are actually really dull imo

What makes it worse is most of those people bitching probably never had intentions on buying the game anyways and were just looking for something to dog pile on.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Alright, been playing a while, really appreciating the rate at which you unlock stuff.

Really dissapointed in the cosmetic options though.

Assault class is best class so far, mainly because it has the Panzerfaust. I like rockets.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit late on this but last night I was doing some dirty work with the grenade launcher. Slowly began to learn the arc of the grenade, and if it's a solid hit, it counts as a one-hit kill.

If you haven't messed with it yet, I suggest you try out the grenade launcher and get familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.