• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is no arty truck equivalent, and vehicles have limited ammo now.

Unrelated, but I just read this article: Battlefield V's campaign tries to argue that WWII had very fine people on both sides and I can't help but think that the writer didn't play the same campaign I did (The Last Tiger).
I'll never say The Last Tiger if Oscar worthy, but a lot of subtleties from the performance of Müller show inner turmoil in every scene. And somehow the author of this article says it revered the germans' refusal to surrender even though the post-game text was clearly presenting that as a fucking terrible decision.

You can tell DICE worked carefully to never make you feel "nazis hoorah!"

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never say The Last Tiger if Oscar worthy, but a lot of subtleties from the performance of Müller show inner turmoil in every scene. And somehow the author of this article says it revered the germans' refusal to surrender even though the post-game text was clearly presenting that as a fucking terrible decision.

You can tell DICE worked carefully to never make you feel "nazis hoorah!"

Yup, that's the same thing I got from the campaign. It's so weird that the author of the article got such a different take out of it.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
It works already when needed.
Today in Fjell few people held D forever in the end, i was just rebuilding all the walls so enemies had to destroy it or go around.
If they went around i had mines there etc.
It was the best defence I have in BFV so far.

Infantry mines + drilling = they shall not pass

Puuh that map ....

It works already when needed.
Today in Fjell few people held D forever in the end, i was just rebuilding all the walls so enemies had to destroy it or go around.
If they went around i had mines there etc.
It was the best defence I have in BFV so far.

Infantry mines + drilling = they shall not pass
Its harder to take people out from defending a point because now there are walls blocking LoS against small arms fire where there werent any previously. There's barbed wire blocking entry points for infantry units that you normally can run into. Theres sandbags and fox holes where support units can use their LMG's and mow down infantry. There are hedgehogs now where tanks could easily drive through before. Its not so much meant to stop people from taking the point but slow down the attackers and force them to spend their explosive resources in a place where they can't easily resupply them and give defenders a better chance of repelling them.

Okay, you guys have got me to like the system a bit more! Way more uses than I had known of.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Battlefield 5 is, without a doubt, the most disappointing game of 2018. It's a poorly thought out, half-finished mess cynically dumped on consumers.

The shooting feels good, probably the best Battlefield has been in that regard. Virtually everything else is an endless list of failure. The insane TTD, embarrassing net code, being shot around corners, poor gun balance, the class designs, the unmemorable maps, the terrible enemy visibility, bombers, the bomber fix which just nerfed all the other air vehicles, the broken mantling system, broken bipods, the garbage menus and UI, etc. You could go on for virtually forever.

It deserves the mediocre reviews, low engagement, player criticism, and disappointing sales. At least EA execs will get to be as disappointed as the people who spent money on it. I have no faith in Dice to fix the endless flaws with this game. Seriously, fuck Battlefield 5.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Battlefield 5 is, without a doubt, the most disappointing game of 2018. It's a poorly thought out, half-finished mess cynically dumped on consumers.

The shooting feels good, probably the best Battlefield has been in that regard. Virtually everything else is an endless list of failure. The insane TTD, embarrassing net code, being shot around corners, poor gun balance, the class designs, the unmemorable maps, the terrible enemy visibility, bombers, the bomber fix which just nerfed all the other air vehicles, the broken mantling system, broken bipods, the garbage menus and UI, etc. You could go on for virtually forever.

It deserves the mediocre reviews, low engagement, player criticism, and disappointing sales. At least EA execs will get to be as disappointed as the people who spent money on it. I have no faith in Dice to fix the endless flaws with this game. Seriously, fuck Battlefield 5.

Ouch... It really sucks to hear that cause Battlefield is the only franchise that I care about but I have to agree with your points....

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else thinks that the game looks a bit better, more crisp after the patch? Playing on a pro. Feels more smooth too.

The first round of content is not that good, but I still enjoy the game a lot.

I just hope we don't get one map every 3 months. That is just not enough.

BF3 and BF4 had map packs with 4 maps coming out every 4 months, they should focus on making more content.

EA and DICE are fighting an uphill battle with BFV but I think they can still win, but they need to cater to their hardcore fans, people like me who pre ordered the game. It's not nice seeing then slashing the game price in half after just 30 days. I understand why they are doing it but still stings.

They basically need 2 things:

Make tides of war a success, so far it feels half assed.

Crossplay between PS4 and Xbox. If the game is not selling that well bringing the whole console community together is a must.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Removing the automatic spotting of the bomb carrier improves that air drop mode and frontlines immensely. Also making the bomb carrier push or he will explode.

+2 to dice on those decisions after the horrendous original way it was handled.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I cant say I disagree with most of your points, although I have this unrealistic glimmer of hope that somehow DICE will become their own studio and actually create a game on their own schedule. Again, I know this will never happen, least not in my lifetime. As long as EA is attach like a leech its safe to say Battlefield will always be a half baked product with money being the driving factor over actually putting out a polished product. I wouldnt be surprised if DICE in the next 2-3 years become another casualty of getting in bed with EA.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's not perfect but *gestures at Fallout 76*

Fallout 76 isn't disappointing because it was always going to be a fucking disaster. There was no way it wouldn't be. There was a chance for BF5 to be great. Now it's being compared to a game that doxxes its players.

It's not the worst game of this year, just the most disappointing.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Great, after the patch the game locks up when checking the assignments while playing a round, have to Alt F4 because even though the game is running the menu is stuck.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Anyone else thinks that the game looks a bit better, more crisp after the patch? Playing on a pro. Feels more smooth too.

The first round of content is not that good, but I still enjoy the game a lot.

I just hope we don't get one map every 3 months. That is just not enough.

BF3 and BF4 had map packs with 4 maps coming out every 4 months, they should focus on making more content.

EA and DICE are fighting an uphill battle with BFV but I think they can still win, but they need to cater to their hardcore fans, people like me who pre ordered the game. It's not nice seeing then slashing the game price in half after just 30 days. I understand why they are doing it but still stings.

They basically need 2 things:

Make tides of war a success, so far it feels half assed.

Crossplay between PS4 and Xbox. If the game is not selling that well bringing the whole console community together is a must.

32 xbone vs 32 ps4 conquest with 3d spotting .
Gimme

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
I cant say I disagree with most of your points, although I have this unrealistic glimmer of hope that somehow DICE will become their own studio and actually create a game on their own schedule. Again, I know this will never happen, least not in my lifetime. As long as EA is attach like a leech its safe to say Battlefield will always be a half baked product with money being the driving factor over actually putting out a polished product. I wouldnt be surprised if DICE in the next 2-3 years become another casualty of getting in bed with EA.

To be entirely fair it's not like their pre-EA subsidiary games launched much better. Battlefield 2 launched in a disastrous state and was pretty bad for months, and by the time they fixed it the 2142 expansion sequel was only a couple months away.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've only had it for one day but Christ I'm awful at killing people. I need to develop some muscle memory. Thank God for ptfo cause otherwise I wouldn't score shit

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Panzerstorm looks fucking insane with RTX on. The mud looks photorealistic.

I knocked some settings down to high and put res scaling at 80 (on 4k) to maintain 60+ fps with dxr low on. Its worth it, I'm a believer.

Doflamingo

Nov 8, 2017
I can't believe the new map isn't available in Breakthrough, which is by far the best mode. What the frick? Any chance this will change soon?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fucking finally, it took hours, but people finally used my medic crates. They really need to rework them.

So all I have left is the bugged fort.

Dec 3, 2018
This is the first Battlefield (I have been playing them from since 42) that conquest isn't my main mode. I just don't think the maps are suited to it, Breakthrough is my main mode. I thought this would make me hate the game as I have always turned my nose up at anything other than conquest but I find I'm having a lot of fun with the game. Probably the most fun I've had since BF2. No idea why.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I am starting to think that we will get a lot less additional content compared to previous BF titles. You know with no season pass and the game already 50% off after two weeks...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to think that we will get a lot less additional content compared to previous BF titles. You know with no season pass and the game already 50% off after two weeks...

I always thought this was gonna be the case. Premium was very pricey but it gave us large doses of new maps from time to time. Here we know it'll be one new map every now and then, a new game mode here and there and such.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Had some good rounds playing breakthrough tonight. That mode kicks ass. Might even like it better than conquest. Im not even mad at all. Im lovin this game. Best BF in a long time.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pickung up Ammo/Medipacks is beautiful and fun with FrostBite Engine

The problem with the medic crates, they don't do anything different from the pouches. The ammo crate will resupply your gadget, so there is a reason to use it over the ammo pouch. You're better off just going medic pouch and spamming them.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3129283.jpg

Wow, something tells me the game isn't selling too well.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Panzerstorm map reminds me of that bit in Fury where all the soldiers line up behind the tanks and the Tiger comes out... Just like Fury, Panzerstorm is a great vehicle map but it's a truly terrible infantry experience. Recon and Medic are pointless, so it's everyone running support and assault because they are the only ones that can damage tanks.

I know people love their vehicle maps but they need to do something about those massive empty spaces of death. So far, the worst of the maps for me.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I've been reading about how everyone thinks the game looks better, but I'm getting very weird graphical glitches now. Some trees look like 2D 8-bit trees. I'm not joking either. They are trees made up of maybe 50 pixels. It's super jarring to look at.

And loading still sucks. Almost every time I quit a match, I have to close the game, and reload it. So yeah, that never got fixed.

I'm really getting tired of publishers releasing games in this state. I don't think I'll be buying an EA game on release day at full price ever again. These companies just don't give a shit.

Dude, I'm feeling you here. It's another potentially awesome game, made by a talented studio, ruined by a terrible publisher who only cares about the bottom line. I really dislike EA. I've reached the breaking point with them (and judging by the horrible sales, I'm a little LTTP).

Last edited:

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany

I sadly have to agree with you here.
I really love the gunplay and feeling this game delivers but everything else is undercooked.

Pls keep that map away from breakthrough.

Menus are a LOT more buggy now on PS4. Character models just straight up don't even load sometimes when editing my company.

Pre-patch you'd get a few seconds of the textures loading in but it really wasn't that big of a deal. Just feels sluggish now
Yup noticed the same on XboxOneX yesterday when i was looking for the new stuff they added (which wasnt a lot lol)

elenarie hi, will DICE add M/KB support for consoles ?
Please god no. PC version is available to play for you.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how big of a buff medic got, but it's does is nice to see more people playing the class.

Should check what was done to planes, they sure has hell still feel impossible to kill with AA.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Slower firing SMGs like the Sten and MP40 are now far more viable. Thank you DICE. Had a really good round on Narvik with the MP40 - when previously I'd have used the STG. The MP40 can now do well at mid range and I feel that is where it needed to be. It still doesn't address the issue of getting enough medics on the very large open maps - but at least the guns are viable where they are meant to be now.

However, has this buff and the slight buff to ARs and LMGs at closer ranges made the faster firing hipfire SMGs less viable...I certainly felt I struggled with the MP28 last night whereas previously it was my go-to medic gun?

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
First BF game I actually enjoy playing daily. I just find it difficult to spot enemies at a certain distance?

Anyway, I thought there was a Battle Royale game mode with V? Or is in the works?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Slower firing SMGs like the Sten and MP40 are now far more viable. Thank you DICE. Had a really good round on Narvik with the MP40 - when previously I'd have used the STG. The MP40 can now do well at mid range and I feel that is where it needed to be. It still doesn't address the issue of getting enough medics on the very large open maps - but at least the guns are viable where they are meant to be now.

However, has this buff and the slight buff to ARs and LMGs at closer ranges made the faster firing hipfire SMGs less viable...I certainly felt I struggled with the MP28 last night whereas previously it was my go-to medic gun?

I'm struggling a lot with Mp40 at the close range, matter of fact I run away most of the times and go to mid range to try and win the fight.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be entirely fair it's not like their pre-EA subsidiary games launched much better. Battlefield 2 launched in a disastrous state and was pretty bad for months, and by the time they fixed it the 2142 expansion sequel was only a couple months away.
DICE is overworked and deserves longer development time. Imagine Rockstar making an AAA game in 1.5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.